How do you get two Whales in a Mini?

Cookie147

Klrd8cj.png?1

NOVEMBER 2017

dM2j2Tw.png?1

This has become the most frustrating month I can remember in this save. It started well with a win at Bridgend, followed by a hard fought draw against an in-form Port Talbot. I know we didn’t win that game, but we played poorly and still somehow can back to earn a point, despite losing key players Ben Watkis, Dan MacCarter and Zak Evans to long term injuries. We then won a tight cup match away at Rhyl with some stand-in players performing well, but against the same opponents in the next league match we played terribly. Luckily, when we’ve dropped points, so have the leaders.

3Ly3JAu.png?1

Despite some indifferent form we are still hanging in there. Hopefully the reserves on injury cover can keep us going in what is looking like a very busy and difficult December.

December Fixtures:

Bala Town (A)

Newtown (A)

Airbus (H)

Barry (A)

Carmarthen (A)

TNS (H)

Also, to add to the injury crisis that is developing, star forward Lewis Codling is once again demanding a transfer out of the club. Hopefully I can persuade him to stay a little longer!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klrd8cj.png?1

DECEMBER 2017

g4HYtgY.png?1

Another crazy month which couldn't have started any better. Two very convincing away wins and a battling home win over Airbus took us top of the table, with form certainly on our side. However, one point from six against the bottom two sides was not good enough. It reminded me of all the missed opportunities last season. The win over TNS was vital if I wanted to stay in contention. A trademark Kai Edwards set-piece goal won the game.

bD5RECk.png?1

This could be a very close season again, I just need to stop throwing away silly points….

January Fixtures:

Bangor City (H)

Llanelli (A)

Port Talbot (A)

Bridgend (H)

Aberdare (H) (Welsh Cup)

You're so close to moving up. Hopefully, a solid month will give you the points you need.

So far it's looking like the exact opposite of a solid month I'm afraid. Will update tonight.

It looking very tight at the top

It was :)

Klrd8cj.png?1

JANUARY 2018

pOllGVh.png?1

Feeling confident going into the month, I thought that a few good results would see my Prestatyn team possibly take control of the league table. It didn’t take me many minutes to realise it was not going to happen. We were completely out-played at home versus Bangor and likewise against Llanelli. With injuries and poor form taking over, I brought in Daniel Trickett-Smith from TNS, and he immediately made an impact. We emphatically beat second placed Port Talbot on their pitch and followed it up with another good display against Bridgend.

55qoDex.png?1

With ten matches remaining were are still in touching distance, and the way the fixtures have panned out we face TNS at home on the final game of the season. It would be excellent if that match meant something to us.

February Fixtures:

Aberdare (H) (Welsh Cup)

Bala Town (H)

Port Talbot (A)

Bangor City (H)

Klrd8cj.png?1

FEBRUARY 2018

FSI7mnV.png?1

At the beginning of this month I thought there was an outside chance a league title. It’s going to be tough to repeat my 2nd place finish of last season now. The most important thing really is somehow securing European football again, which now is essential every season if I’m going to close the gap on TNS. We scraped past our Welsh Cup opponents before good decent results in the next three league matches. The game versus TNS though was hugely disappointing. Our cup quarter final opponents are West End at home, so I am hopefully of reaching at least the semi’s.

ZfVRXfz.png?1

Clawing back a nine point deficit would be some going now, but it’s the hope that gets you.

March Fixtures:

West End (H) (Welsh Cup)

Bala Town (A)

Llanelli (A)

Port Talbot (H)

Klrd8cj.png?1

MARCH 2018

4wTkOwJ.png?1

Well, this was much better. If only we could have held on to our lead against Port Talbot to complete the perfect month. Sadly TNS keep winning, so nothing short of a miracle would be needed to catch them now. The aim is all about second place. We were excellent at Bala and Llanelli and hopefully that kind of form can carry on for a handful more fixtures. We also have the honour of drawing TNS in the Welsh Cup semi final.

drJkQPZ.png?1

April/May Fixtures:

Bangor City (A)

TNS (N) (Welsh Cup)

Llanelli (H)

TNS (H)

Klrd8cj.png?1

APRIL/MAY 2018

tbbUlal.png?1

Unfortunately we exited the Welsh Cup in the semi finals, but our league form towards the end of the season was excellent. It still wasn’t enough to overcome TNS or Port Talbot, who both were winning for fun, but our third placed finished made us top seeds for the end of season play-offs. Beating Llanelli and Bala Town at home we ended the play-offs victorious, meaning we’ve achieved a place in the Europa League, our minimum aim for the season.

zazBBwU.png?1

The end of season report will be put together tomorrow.

What a shame, I really thought you was going to do it this year :( Not a bad season by any means and least you are in Europe again.
Pity you couldn't make up for the disappointment of last year.

Thanks both. That near miss could be the nearest I get for a while. I think I need to find a good run in Europe to generate some cash to upgrade facilities.

Klrd8cj.png?1

2017/18

PRESTATYN TOWN

SEASON REVIEW

Welsh Premier League Winners - TNS (4)

Welsh Cup Winners – TNS (2)

League Cup Winners - TNS (2)

(How many times won since 2013)

Euro Qualifiers

Champions League

TNS

Europa League

Port Talbot, Prestatyn Town, Bala Town

European Competition Rankings

Welsh Premier League : 156th (down 17)

Prestatyn Town : 418th (up 31)

[b]Year        Team                 WPL       Welsh Cup       League Cup        Europa League[/b]
2012/13     Prestatyn Town       7th       Winners         1st Round         n/a
2013/14     Prestatyn Town       5th       Runner Up       Quarter Final     2nd Qualifying Round
2014/15     Prestatyn Town       2nd       Quarter Final   1st Round         n/a
2015/16     Prestatyn Town       5th       4th Round       Winners           2nd Qualifying Round
2016/17     Prestatyn Town       2nd       Winners         1st Round         n/a
2017/18     Prestatyn Town       3rd       Semi Finals     1st Round         2nd Qualifying Round

I wasn't sure what else to add to this page, so if you'd like any other information, please let me know.

Klrd8cj.png?1

CLOSE SEASON 2018

No new signings to shout out about I’m afraid. I have re-signed most of the first team squad from last season, with only Max Penk and Wayne Riley leaving during the summer.

EUROPA LEAGUE

1st Qualifying Round

Prestatyn Town 1-3 KS Skenderbeu Korce (Albania)

The players have come back from their short summer break extremely tired, and I tried putting out as strong a side as possible. However, after Dan Taylor levelled the match before half, the second half proved too much in what was a very disappointing result again an average side.

KS Skenderbeu Korce 1-2 Prestatyn Town

We started slowly and soon went a goal behind, but a spirited fight back with goals from Kai Edwards and Arran Billington got us so close to extra time, but it wasn’t to be. This is the first time we’ve fallen at the first hurdle in Europe and it’s extremely disappointing.

Klrd8cj.png?1

PRE SEASON 2018

With the exception of some youth signings, I have only brought in one player that will be on the fringes of first team action, and that is Graham Forbes on loan from Aberdeen. It is unlikely that he’ll start much though, just a back-up player for Trickett-Smith. The scouts aren't really finding anything better than what we've already got, and that wont improve until they can search beyond Wales.

YHlifzJ.png?1

I’m very happy with our pre-season performance, especially the wins over Tranmere Rovers and Norwich Reserves. Most of the forward players got on the score sheet with Trickett-Smith fitting in nicely into a more advanced midfielder position. The final game was made up of entirely the second XI, and they all seemed as though they had something to prove with an execellent all-round display.

It’s the league that really matters though, and since that difficult final day of the season two years ago, I really want to win it. TNS are getting stronger though, so it’s getting tougher, but we’ll see what happens.

August Fixtures

Bangor City (A)

Newtown (H)

Shame about the early exit from Europe, and it looks like you're right up against it with TNS being so strong. You're doing better than OK, though. Always competitive.

Archived