Have you ever won the World Cup? if so, who with?

This is gonna be one of those threads where everyone posts their experience but doesn't read each other, and each person feels a numbing sadness as each day passes without a quote or comment on their own experience.

Your experience is what exactly? You neglected to post that. The thread is a victim of necromancy so we're having fun with it and you aren't so if you don't like it you have the option of going the hell away.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the very finest English talent in my Spurs squad. With that said :

Every single squad I pick the media complain of nepotism. Despite this team breaking English records all the time and winning multiple tournaments.

Even though my players play together every week with the same tactic as the national side, their tactical familiarity remains poor.

Pick an old player, press complain you should be looking at the future.

Pick a young player, press complain you should be looking at experience.

My u21,20,19 managers never so much as hint at the performance of the younger players and which ones might be worth a look in the full international squad.

Win the World Cup, get a few messages which are the same as if you win the Community Shield just with the names changed, and the moment the day ticks over your World Cup win is never mentioned again.

Nobody comments about the buzz in the nation. There isn't a parade with the trophy. Anything would be okay. Instead, nada.

No player media mentions their Golden Boot ever again (something so important we still remember Salenko or Schillaci).

36 year old Championship players who haven't been picked for 4 years feeling disappointed that you haven't picked them but will make themselves available.

You can't ask an International Manager/talk to the press about picking a good performing player of yours for the next international squad.

You can only berate a bad selection, never comment upon a good one, or suggest a better one.

David Nichols (a regen of mine) broke the England all-time scoring record and got a single news item.

When he broke Ali Daei's World Record for international goals it passed without mention.

I'll stop now, but hopefully you get the idea.

Im sure any ex England manager will tell you your media squad selection complaints are exactly how international management is IRL

Having lost to eventual winners Cameroon in 2014 (back on the version where the corner goal ruled the world), I managed to win it out of nowhere with Greece in 2018, containing 7 home grown players from my Panathinaikos squad that had won the Champions League the year before. Loved that game, might have to revisit.

2014-05-27_00010_zps96c682ce.jpg

This is gonna be one of those threads where everyone posts their experience but doesn't read each other, and each person feels a numbing sadness as each day passes without a quote or comment on their own experience.

Your experience is what exactly? You neglected to post that. The thread is a victim of necromancy so we're having fun with it and you aren't so if you don't like it you have the option of going the hell away.

Wh... why would I post my experience?

What does this have to do with witchcraft and talking to dead people??

What's with the emotional response???

Why would you REPLY to me and continue conversation if you want me to go away????

WTF?

On an FM12 save, I won the World Cup 2 times consecutively with Spain (2018-2022 iirc) both against Mexico. Won 3-0 in 2018 but Canales got sent-off, then won the 2022 on penalties where Canales scored the decisive penalty shoot-out. Then managed Mexico for the 2026 World Cup where they hosted it and won that one as well 1-0 against Spain again. Imagine 3 world cup finals contested by two countries and in all 3 finals the team I managed won the whole damn thing.

Again, this is not a brag or such, but the scenario here is kind of amusing.

In another save on FM12, I managed USA and managed to get into the 2018 final, only for Aguero to score a last minute winner. Being a United fan, this hurt so much.

• 1 month later...

Borderline necrobump, I know...but I didn't notice this topic until now.

Won it with England (2014) on a FM 2013 save. Then tried to win it with the Argies (2018) and failed in the 2nd round. Then took over the USA (2022) and won it again. :D

Archived