[FM13] Paris Saint-Germain F.C

MrSundlofer

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez Tiger that boys insane! Nice one, where'd you snaffle him from?

Liking the look of Rabiot there, he's starting to look the part in my save also. Your future is certainly looking promising man, bravo.

Great youngsters there Tiger, and excellent fees for your sold 'old guard'.

I'm impressed by your re-training of Rabiot to LB. I play him quite a bit now as DLP, with Cabaye now doing even better as AMC. Maupay has been the regular strike partner of Giroud for much of my 3rd season, and is doing very well with goals, assists and excellent ratings. He looks great in your game judging by that screenshot.

I'll get some better updates done soon. Good luck to all PSG managers (and Painter for a second attempt).

Well thats Ronaldo & Benzema arrived and both have scored 2 goals in there first two games, Ronaldo also with a couple of assists. Team already seems to be dominating games more now.

Yeah Tiger, good business there, i always like to see some good dealings for those on the way out. I'v ejust tried to offset the two huge fees i paid for Benzema & Ronaldo by selling Lucas Moura to Dortmund for £26.5m & Jeremy Menez to Man Utd for £20m.

Hi all,

Seems a very active thread lately!

I'm currently in season 2 on my PSG save, after finishing the first season only winning Ligue 1. I just couldn't seem get the players gel and had a very topsy turvy season.

I'm now feeling a whole lot better about my squad and we are picking up some nice results early on in the new season, with a 3-0 win away to Marseille followed by a victory over juventus by 4 goals to 0!

Current first team:

GK: Sirugu, areola

RB: v Wiel, Jellet

LB: Santon, Enrique

CB: Silva, Sakho, Varane

DM: Capoue, Martin (regen 5 star prospect)

CM: Felleini, Matuidi, Varatti, Rabiot

RW: Menez, Lucas Moura

LW: Pastore, Levezzi

ST: Falcao, Grameiro

I've made a few new signings with French being their spoken language to try to get them integrated quicker and it seems to have paid off so far!

Really need to find a CB and another proven striker as I've struggled to score with Grameiro on his own.

I'm really enjoying this save so far and want to win the CL as my ultimate goal.

Welcome Theone05, good to see another PSG manager on board.

Winning Ligue 1 in season 1 isn't bad at all, and I see you have made some good signings there. How much cash do you have for another cb & striker? What type of striker are you after?

Best of luck for season 2 and hopefully you will enjoy it for some time.

Thank Jogo,

I have just under 140 million transfer budget, but just want to make the right signings. I've been looking at kurt zouma, I know he's an obvious choice. But as far as strikers I'm currently playing an advanced striker in my current set up and I want someone I can rely on to score in case Falcao gets tired or injured

Thank Jogo,

I have just under 140 million transfer budget, but just want to make the right signings. I've been looking at kurt zouma, I know he's an obvious choice. But as far as strikers I'm currently playing an advanced striker in my current set up and I want someone I can rely on to score in case Falcao gets tired or injured

Welcome Thomas, hope you enjoy your save.

As for a front man I'd say look at Abuyameng from St Etienne, I've had great results from him. Otherwise I suggest looking at Leandro Damiao, Vincent Aboubaker(Valenciannes) & if you can wait to get him on a Bosman Robert Lewandowski.

Things are progressing very well here in season 3. I mentioned earlier that Lille, who held an eight-point lead at the summit of Ligue 1, have fallen apart. Not only did we catch them and surge ahead as they dropped points every week, but OM came from a massive 14 points behind them during the spring months, and currently they sit in second spot. We now look good, five points clear at the top of the tree, with just four games to go, and we have a game in hand on both OM and Lille.

Ligue1_OverviewStages-3_zpsa1f192ee.png

Our form has been full of energy and very consistent. Fortunately, my squad rotation policy has just about coped with the injuries, fatigue and suspensions placed upon us by a hectic schedule. Serious injuries so far this season have been to Gameiro (3 months, now fit) and Ciani (3 months, still unfit). Currently Schneiderlin and Corchia are out at a very crucial part of the season, but both shoud be back soon.

Since my last update, we have also lifted the Coupe de la Ligue, beating AC Ajaccio 2-0 in the final. This is the second trophy of the season after we won the Champions Trophy in the season opener. We also have a semi final against Toulouse to look forward to in the French Cup.

The highlight of the season so far has been our progress in the Champions League. In season 1, we lost to Man City in the first knockout stage, and in season 2, we came within a whisker of lifting the trophy before City (again) beat us at the death in the Final. In fact, we have yet to play a weak team in the knockout stages in 3 seasons. Season 1 (Man City) was followed by Chelsea, Real Madrid (QF), Man Utd (SF) and Man City again (F) in season 2.

This time around, we eased out of our group comfortably before facing Man Utd, Chelsea (QF), and most recently...yes...Man City (SF) again! Man Utd were seen off with ease, but despite a 4-0 battering of Chelsea at home, we really went close to screwing it up with an abysmal 3-0 reverse at Stamford Bridge in the second leg. I wasn't at all happy as I hadn't even rested anybody or taken it easy!

On to City again then, in our semi final. They dominated the first leg in Manchester (shots ratio 23-3 in their favour) but we held our nerve to emerge with an excellent 0-0 draw. We had just one shot on target and 36% possession, but as always I didn't opt for negative tactics. I kept the same tried and trusted formation (3 x CB, 2 x WB, 2 x CM, 1 x AM, 2 x ST) and same balanced, standard strategy that we have used in all but two of our games in my three years in charge. The simple fact is, we were just dominated by a quality City team.

All we needed was a victory at home in the second leg, and we would dump our bogey side out of Europe and book our place in the final. Well, the return match saw City again have the majority of the play, and we didn't threaten their goal. Our chances were not improved by the dismissal of Capoue for a second yellow card after 59 minutes, this not being an ideal time for a rare discipline breech (we only had one red card all season until that point).

But, despite being a man short (we took off our second striker to leave Giroud upfront as TM on his own, the substitute dropping in to one of the CM slots), we managed to keep them at bay, getting to 90 minutes at 0-0, still level on aggregate. I didn't lack courage and left the formation as it was, and after just one minute of extra time, Giroud (with his 35th goal in all competitions) netted with a stooping, diving header (our first and subsequently only attempt on target in 120 minutes). Still, I didn't tinker, leaving the formation and strategy alone. Brave or stupid, possibly both, right?

Well, to make matters worse, Rabiot also received a second yellow after 93 minutes, and incredibly it was 9 v 11 for the final 17 minutes, plus stoppage time. Now I had to make a change, moving the AM back to CM, so we had our 3 x CB, 2 x WB, 2 x CM and 1 x ST (our lone, isolated, target man). Again, with the strength of character that has seen me resolutely stick to my all-French policy - whilst walking away from high transfer fees, agent fees, and inflated wage demands - we persevered with our balanced, standard approach.

Nerves were shot to pieces by this stage, and tiredness was so bad that I even bought Gameiro on as my RWB, for the shattered Nery. Part of this reason was that I felt we needed one of our best penalty takers on the pitch at the end of 120 minutes, just in case. It was a massive gamble, but our luck held out and this physical confrontation (check the card count) ended with another late, missed chance by City, and somehow or other we had made it back to the CL final.

ParisSaint-GermainvManCity_OverviewOverview_zpsa7c1b457.png

ParisSaint-GermainvManCity_StatsMatchStats_zpsbdb5068e.png

Here are the latest results and goalscorers, as we look forward to the end of season.

ParisSaint-Germain_FixturesSchedule-7_zps205e893c.png

Theone05, Zouma is fantastic, of course. I doubt you could get any better in fact. And of course he is French. Are you trying for a 'different' name?

For striker, Hoarau gives some excellent suggestions. With that kitty, I would choose Benzema - but his wages and fee are very high...unless you're in Hoarau's world!!!!

Sorry for a long, long post.

Good luck in the final Jogo, that's my main aim with PSG to make them the super power in Europe

And thanks for the signing tips, I've been looking at Zouma and kana-biyak but I feel I can turn zouma into a beast with the right amount of games and tutoring as I use a rotation policy.

Unfortunately lewendowski has joined barcelona and augyamang has joined chelsea! Ill check out the others though I think damaio has been transfer listed

Good luck in the final Jogo, that's my main aim with PSG to make them the super power in Europe

And thanks for the signing tips, I've been looking at Zouma and kana-biyak but I feel I can turn zouma into a beast with the right amount of games and tutoring as I use a rotation policy.

Unfortunately lewendowski has joined barcelona and augyamang has joined chelsea! Ill check out the others though I think damaio has been transfer listed

Thanks for that. I'm on course for a 3rd league win, but it hasn't ever been easy. Winning the CL is my ultimate aim, I came very close in season 2, losing the final in tragic circumstances. This year I'm not sure who I will face yet, I think maybe Liverpool or AZ might be in the other semi though, so it's not impossible.

I used Zouma as one of my regular CB from the start of season 1, don't let his age put you off on that. There are so many great young CB in France, either French or African. And I think Damiao or Benzema would be an excellent striking asset if you can do it. Good luck on that.

As an afterthought, I thought this was a good time to show my rather French influenced squad. Yaya Sanogo is good enough to be in there but has only made one or two Cup appearances so is permanently in the reserves squad. I may try and cash in on him - a freebie now worth in excess of £4million. Richard Samnick is only in there as I needed a CB substitute for that last CL match. Values on Ciani, Mathieu and Jallet have dropped big time (from about £5 million in Ciani's case, due to his long injury, and in all cases, due to age and contracts expiring June 2015).

ParisSaint-Germain_SquadPlayers-2_zpsd7380109.png

ParisSaint-Germain_SquadPlayers-3_zpsd77420dc.png

Oops, three of those players appeared in both images. I can never fit my squad on one screen for some reason. But Mathieu and Jallet are always used as WB, whilst Capoue plays as CB or CM(D) depending on the situation and player availability.

Well, time for my first report, and sadly it's not an impressive one :p

I've now played my first five matches, and thought it would be an appropriate time to update you on results, activity in the recently closed transfer window, etc. So let me start with my transfers:

Out

Hervin Ongenda to Vannes on loan

Alphonse Areola to Istres on loan

In

Sandro from Tottenham (£19,5M)

Christian Eriksen from Ajax (£14,5M)

Viktor Fischer from Ajax (£5M)

Neal Maupay from Nice (£1,5M)

Jores Okore from FC Nordsjælland (£2,2M)

Casper Sloth from AGF (£900K)

Florent Malouda on Free Transfer

Now onto my first five matches of the Ligue 1. Here I have to say that I started out really good in my first two matches, defeating both Lorient 4-1 at home, and Ajaccio 0-3 away... But then my computer suddenly decided to restart, so I had to start from my last save, which was a week before the first match. So here's the results and my goal scorers:

Lorient (Home) 2-2 (Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Alex)

Ajaccio (Away) 1-1 (Javier Pastore)

Bordeaux (Home) 0-0

Lille (Away) 0-3

Toulouse (Home) 3-1 (Javier Pastore, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Zlatan Ibrahimovic)

Regarding my new players, there's actually not much to tell. Maupay, Fischer and Sloth haven't made it to the first team yet, and Okore have spent to matches on the bench so far. Malouda was signed just under a week before the Toulouse match, and made his debut in the 74th minute of that match. Eriksen has played four matches with an average rating of 7.15, made two assists and chosen as Man of the Match once. And Sandro has played all five matches with an average rating of 7.14, and has been chosen as Man of the Match once.

Regarding the group stages of the Champions League, I've been drawn in Group F along with Barcelona, Schalke and FC Nordsjælland. My first match is home against Schalke in four days.

That was unlucky on your computer re-start, especially as the re-played games didn't deliver the same results. It can take some time to get it working so don't worry too much at this stage. I see the heavy 'dk' influence of your team, I had several good years at FC Copenhagen so am familiar with those Danish signings. Eriksen and Sandro have started well, as you would expect, Fischer should be a good buy, Maupay is a great prospect, and Malouda, well...maybe he still has it in him? Hopefully your league form will continue from the Toulouse victory, and maybe you can fight your way out of the CL group too. Good luck and thanks for sharing your progress. It's always good to see how everyone is getting on.

Thanks mate. Yeah, Eriksen I just had to have. And two guys with such talent as Fischer and Okore was great to get. Casper Sloth is a gamble which I'm hoping will pay off. And Malouda... Yeah maybe he still got it, but if he doesn't he's a good backup player to have, and a good mentor for young players.

Great update Jogo, that's a really good season there, espically the Man City result. I can't seem to buy a win against teams like City or Madrid so bravo. It's funny seeing how good Giroud is doing for you as just after signing "R&B" I got offered te transfer listed Giroud for £16m but it would've been a waste, he looks quality though.

Did you manage to give much game time to Maupay, Areola, Raboit or any of the other youth?

Welcome JuulDK, good work from the get go there with some interesting signings. I actually play in the Superliga every year as Randers(when we're not relegated) so I also appreciate the wealth of talent you can source from there. Eriksen is a favourite of mine so I'm really interested to see how he does for you. How are you lining up tactically, interested to see how you fit Pastore & Eriksen in.

**EDIT**

Ill hopefully get an update posted tonight, I'm currently writing it up on the notes app on my phone so ill check it over and hopefully get it posted up later. It's tougher than you think trying to fit Ronaldo & Benzema in... :)

Great to see the activity on here JOGO great result beating Man city like that i hope you lift the champions league this season and great to see you stick to your principles

My season 4 started very well in the league but we are now experienceing my worst run of form since i took the job and morale is low. We finished 2nd in our champions league group behind Man city and i expected a tough draw which we got against Tottenham who seem to be the No.1 team in the premership the last 2 seasons so expectations are low.

We have reached the coupe de la ligue cup final and still in the french cup all to play for but nervy times.

ParisSaint-Germain_FixturesSchedule_zpsec5d3e77.png

Ligue1_OverviewStages_zps010f237e.png

Hoarau, thanks. Well, it has taken me three years to finally beat Man City. I just never had an easy draw yet in the CL, the final will be against Liverpool or AZ but I'm trying not to get my expectations too high. Giroud did well for me first season, but the second season he went on a few goal droughts and was one I named as 'must do better' for the current campaign. This time around he has been immense, my next top scorers in all comps are Sakho (11) and Maupay (10). The strikers have shared the goals around mainly due to my rotational tactics. Maupay has been the regular partner for Giroud during the second half of the season, and doing very well indeed. Rabiot has taken over the DLP role from Cabaye, who I switched to AMC role with great success. Areola is still out on loan and would not get game time whilst I still have Mandanda and Ruffier ahead of him. Ongenda is on the fringe of the action but always does OK. Will look forward to seeing how you're getting on and especially the vibe from R&B!!

Tiger, thanks. I'm hoping to get to the end of season and CL final later so fingers crossed there. Your form has dropped quite alot, but then you have set very high standards. Still, your lead in the league was big enough that you should expect to keep ahead of the pack. Your CL match against Tottenham will be tough but hopefully will work out well.

JuulDK, I'm also interested in your tactics and formation. Eriksen is a different signing to any of us on here so hopefully he will deliver - he certainly has the quality to do so.

Well Hoarau and JoGo, I'll gladly post my formation and starting line-up for you guys. Here we go:

2013-04-16_00001.jpg

This is my usual formation and line-up, if I don't have injuries, bans or anything like that.

2013-04-16_00002.jpg

In my first four to five matches I experimented with a more advanced tactic, but after some not so impressive performances I chose to dial it down a bit and only make instructions for freedom, tackling and roaming, and after that I've actually done way better.

Current strikers are Falcao and Gameiro only play 1 up top usually.

Bought Zouma just need a striker I can rotate with Falcao

Well... On one side Rooney is always a top quality player to have, and he can also play all the attacking positions on the midfield. On the other side if you would only want to use him up top, I would personally prefer Falcao and then save £45,5 million :)

Cheers JUUL, I agree with you and I left it, Gameiro has hit a purple patch and I feel more confident when rotating him with Falcao.

I feel I have my first team sorted, so I'm gonna look for the up and comers now to fill my reserves with and cover any injury crisis I have.

I'm currently sitting top 12 pts clear of Lille, in early January, so I'm confident of retaining ligue 1 still also in every competition, being drawn against Sporting in the champions league first round, so I hope to progress there.

Cheers JUUL, I agree with you and I left it, Gameiro has hit a purple patch and I feel more confident when rotating him with Falcao.

I feel I have my first team sorted, so I'm gonna look for the up and comers now to fill my reserves with and cover any injury crisis I have.

I'm currently sitting top 12 pts clear of Lille, in early January, so I'm confident of retaining ligue 1 still also in every competition, being drawn against Sporting in the champions league first round, so I hope to progress there.

Clever decision mate :) And always a good thing to look for up and coming stars :) Maybe take a look at Danish center midfielder Pierre-Emile Højbjerg from Bayern.

And yeah, looks comfortable for you in Ligue 1, and Sporting sounds like a reasonable opponent :)

How good is Chantome ? I can buy him for 3-4mill 2nd season with Monaco. some feedback would be nice if possible :)

Well, I can't speak much about how he'll fit into the Monaco squad that you have, because you've probably signed players in your first season. All I can say is that he's my fourth or fifth choice on the center midfield, as I've signed both Christian Eriksen and Sandro. But he's not bad, as he's good on set pieces.

psg20logo20wallpaper.png

psglogos.png

Ligue 1.

I really feel a lot stronger in the league this season going into the home stretch. We have had some really good runs of victories aswell as some big results, the best personally being a 3-0 home victory over Marseille. Despite me feeling as if we are advancing as a unit there are some games where we just capitulate, my bogey team is Toulouse and we yet to beat them this season but I've lost to other teams domestically including Troyes & Evian! I'm unsure what's causing it, be it my tactical errors, player fatigue from european ties, perhaps a attitude problem from some players about "lesser" games, I don't know but ill have to look at it next season.

Olympique Marseille are running us all the way, the only thing separating us is the results against each other and nothing else.. They have been really good this season, in particular Andre Ayew has been immense, so much so that I've been testing there resolve with a couple of bids.

I've got a tough run of games on the horizon to round out the season, it's here the leagues going to be won or lost as the fixtures are some real testers, Lille - Monaco - Bordeaux to name just one grouped run.

leaguev.jpg

UEFA Champions League

What a harsh lesson learned here, after last seasons great success of winning the Europa League I felt we would give a good showing of ourselves and we did...to a point. We finished up the group stage in 2nd place behind Real Madrid, Napoli were also in the group and came 3rd so it wasn't an easy run. In the first round knockout stage we faced Benfica and this is where we were undone, their experience telling and my tactical ineptitude exposed. 3-1 on aggregate a telling reflection on how we performed, hopefully next season I can give a better showing and reach the latter stages.

I think I may try and develop a "European tactic" during the off season, something that gives me enough bodies at the back to cope with top European sides barrages of attacks but also quick and direct enough to pose a threat up top.

Transfers(Ins & Outs)

Outs

Lucas Moura - Dortmund - £26.5m

Jeremy Memez - Man Utd - £20m

Ins

Karim Benzema - Real Madrid - £28.5m

Cristiano Ronaldo - Real Madrid - £67m

Benjamin Mendy - Le Harve - Bosman(End of season)

Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik - Rennes - Bosman(End of season)

Pierrrick Cros - FC Sochaux - Bosman(End of season)

Frank Ribery - FC Bayern - £3.3m(End of season)

Valentin Eysseric - Nice - £12.75m(End of season)

Yassine Benzia - Lyon - £10m(End of season)

Squad Review & Preview

Goalkeepers

Valdes has been my unquestionable No#1, poor Ospina hasn't had a look in but ill hopefully give him a run of games should I seal the league title early enough. As for Victor, I think our defensive record is the best in the league and I have no doubt that the addition of Valdes has been the reason why.

Defence

My unit at the back is truly formidable, Sakho - Thiago Silva - Zouma - Capoue & helping cover Zouma's injury is the man mountain Wanyama. It's such a relief to be able to slip any combination together and not have the stability waver, I think the only move ill make in the future is when Silva gets on, which won't be for a few seasons, ill move to replace him with Varane.

Evra'a been a revelation this season, scoring a real good haul of goals and contributing a great amount of assists. Digne has really benefitted from his tutoring and is ready to be the full time LWB whenever Evra moves into a coaching role. Corchia and Fofana have been equally impressive and continue to rotate the position.

Midfield

The star here has to be Bernard, I think he's got 8 goals but its his mammoth haul of 22 assists(so far) that really catch the eye. After a rocky first season he's definetly became "the man" at the Parc de Princes, even though he's now sharing the pitch with the likes of Benzema & Ronaldo he seems to up his game and isn't being out shone. At only 22 years of age he really has the potential to be legend for this club and I hope he'll retire here after many trophy laden seasons. His best is yet to come that I can see.

Paul Pogba & Yann M'Vila have been really great at doing the dirty work, it's like having Vieira & Makalele to call upon at any moment, both lads have been rocks in the middle providing both cover in front of the back 3 aswell as contributing some key passes and a couple of goals.

bernardi.jpg

Attack

Pierre Emerick Abuyameng again leads the scoring charts, what a signing he's been, for a moderate fee in comparison to some other front men out there. 36 games nada return of 19 goals isn't too shabby, espically when he contributes so much to the play of the team and assists to whoever partners him up front.

Lewandowski took nearly half a season to settle in, played 16 games, scored 0 goals! It took real perseverance as a manager to stick by him but he's now scoring some quote exceptional goals and with some regularity. I have a feeling he may end up like Bernard and need a season to get used to the team, league and what's being asked of him tactically.

peab.jpg

Time to make our mark.

Next season is about two goals.

1) Integrate my young Parisians into the first team fully, that means Ongenda - Muapay - Raboit - Areola - Bahebeck - Mendy all seeing regular game time. I may try and give them both domestic cups aswell as sporadic league and Champions League outings. It's something I want to be careful about in terms of overexposing the players and weakening the side.

2) I want to make a wave in the Champions League, the disappointment of going out to Benfica really stuck with me all season and I want drastic improvement next campaign. I'm not predicting ill win the competition if just like to give a better account of ourselves and be in and around the latter stages.

Fantastic update Hoarau. Again, the competitive league keeps it interesting. OM have done well, but you will surely hold your nerve and win Ligue 1 again, good luck.

As for Europe, that's the stage I was eliminated in my first CL campaign. I don't know that a different 'Euro tactic' is needed, maybe it's just familiarity and confidence, both of which will come next season.

It's great to see such a thorough review of your squad. There aren't any names in there that I don't think 'yeah, they can do a great job'. I'm missing out on the Samba influence but I'm happy to see Bernard doing so well. But I also saw you didn't mention R&B in your write-up. Are they going to get a special thread of their own because they have added so many more goals to your team?!?!? Not that I am envious, still haha.

Next season will be good, to try and progress further in Europe and blood the young guns more often. Exciting times ahead for you in Paris!

Awesome update Hoarau and some interesting reading. Interesting to see teams like Marseille and Lille keeping up with you and making the league interesting towards the end. Hopefully you'll pull it off and win the title in the end :) And too bad with your CL exit against Benfica. Hopefully you'll do better next year, with your players getting some experience tournament experience this season.

And great review of your squad. It makes it easier for guys like me who haven't been here to follow all of your reviews from the previous seasons. Personally I don't like Victor Valdes, but that doesn't mean that he's a good keeper and good to see that you're satisfied with him. I'm quite impressed by Bernard, getting 12 season goals and no less than 22 assists so far at the age of 22. And last but not least I hope that Lewandowski will get on the right track after having a season to get settled.

As far as your transfers, you've actually got yourself quite a luxus problem as I like to call it. With guys like Silva, Bernard, M'Vila, Benzema, Ronaldo, Aubameyang and Lewandowski already on your squad, and guys like Ribery coming in, it'll be interesting to see your starting line-up for your next season. Also, £26,5M for Lucas Moura isn't too bad at all :)

Hope you reach your goals for next season, although I think it's quite a lot of youngsters that you wanna bring in next season.

Great update as usual HOARAU you look to have the ligue 1 title in your grasp but that must have been a very disapointing European campagain for you. Your squad looks strong enough to mount a serious assault on the champions league anyway better look next season

End of season 4 report here:

Well we made it four in a row for Ligue1 titles not as impressive as the last few seasons but we won thats what matters. I must say Montpellier and St.Etienne had very impressive league performances this season i hope they continue to challenge

Ligue1_OverviewStages_zpsc91faca0.png

The Cups:

We made both domestic cup finals in the coupe de la ligue we faced a strong St.Etienne side the game finished 1-1 after extra time and we went on to lose 6-5 on pens

The french cup final we faced our bogey team Rennes but we put them to the sword early and ran out 3-0 easy winners and after 4 seasons of trying we finally lifted the french cup

Onto the champions league Tottenham in the first knockout round were dismissed in easy fashion a 6-1 trashing on aggregate it could have been double figures only for Lloris.

Up next were the reigning champs Chelsea again we dominated both legs and won 4-1 on aggregate. In the semis we faced the money men from manchester Man city again i could not believe the ease we won both legs 2-0 and we reached back to back finals and our third in four seasons.

So off to the San Siro we went to play the Italian giants Juve, we dominated the first half with nearly 70% posession but it remained 0-0 at halftime. So i got stuck into the boys at halftime and in the second half a cross from the right and a bullet header from Le Beast and we were ahead i then brought Maupay on with 20mins left and he went on to score 2 late goals and we celebrated a 3-0 victory.

Well we nearly won the lot just for a missed penalty

ParisSaint-Germain_FixturesSchedule_zps6ab1b01c.png

My player of the season was Raphael Varane hardly missed a game and a superb ball playing defender

RaphaeumllVarane_OverviewProfile_zpsf79da3c7.png

I could not leave Le Beast out here is a look of his stats after his first full season in the first team

JohannLeBerre_OverviewAttributes_zps5febfca6.png

We are now ranked the 3rd highest club in the world with only Bayern and Barcelona ahead of us

Time to go and prepare for next season

Here is a shot of my new background hope it appears ok

ParisSaint-Germain_TrainingTeam_zpsfb1795c8.png

Just a quick update on some transfers:

It was with a heavy heart but i have sold my 5th and 6th choice forwards

I let Gameiro go to Leverkusen for 6.5m as i think he deserved regular first team football

Now this was a hard desicion after spending four years developing him but every player has a price i suppose

I sold Ongenda to Chelsea for 23.5m here is a shot of him before i let him go

HervinOngenda_OverviewProfile_zpsfedd83bc.png

I have just noticed and am quiet chuffed that i have been added to the ICONS of the club

Restarted the game after what happened. Managed to bring in the same signings as I had done previously, but managed to add Okore as an alternative at centre back, and also signed up PAE for another striking option, and a young Finnish striker, who I can't remember the name of, but he looks pretty good. Season started well, but not fantastic. Top of the table with 13 points after 5 games played, with 14 goals for (best in the league) and 6 against (not bad but not great) Most the goals against came in games against Bordeaux, which we won 5-3, and a 2-2 draw at Lille. So far, I'd say Javier Pastore, Mamadou Sakho and more surprisingly, Sylvain Armand have been the better performers so far.

In the ECL, drew a tough, but progress-able group in Manchester United, Dynamo Kiev and Malaga. Hopefully we'll manage to get to the latter rounds of this competition.

I've just entered the year of 2013, and I thought I would do a small update on how things are going :)

Ligue 1

Well, the results are still a bit too much back and forth, but it's getting better. I'm currently placed 3rd with 34 points after 19 matches, which is the same as Montpellier on 2nd and two points behind the leading team Toulouse. I'm two points ahead of Marseille on 4th and three points ahead of Lyon on 5th. I've scored 27 goals which is the fourth best, but also conceded 22 goals which is the worst among the top eight teams.

Result-wise I've had some okay wins, beating the current leaders Toulouse 3-1, Nancy by 4-1 and also beating Lyon 2-0 at home which was highly appreciated by the fans. But worst of all results I also lost 1-6 away against Marseille, which was a huge letdown to everyone surrounding the club.

Champions League

I think we've done much better in the Champions League. As I mentioned in my first update I ended up in Group 5 along with Barcelona, Schalke and FC Nordsjælland. In the first three matches my goal was 7 points, but would also be satisfied with 6 points. I first beat Schalke 2-0 at home, then lost at Camp Nou 0-3 to Barcelona, and then Nordsjælland 3-0 at home, which placed me on 2nd place with the same amount of points as Barcelona as they lost away to Schalke, and two points ahead of Schalke on 3rd as they only got 1-1 home against Nordsjælland. In the fourth match I actually had some problems away against Nordsjælland, but even though Nordsjælland had a 1-0 lead for about 50 minutes I managed to pull off the expected win as it ended 1-2. Now with Barcelona beating Schalke at home by 4-0 I knew that I needed at least one point home against Schalke in the next match, because in the last round I had Barcelona while Schalke had Nordsjælland. I ran into some huge problems regarding both injuries, bans and also condition problems, which resulted in a 2-0 defeat away against Schalke, and Barcelona beat Nordsjælland 5-1 at home. With Schalke playing Nordsjælland in the last match I expected them to win, and since Schalke were only two points behind me I needed at least one point home against Barcelona to advance. In the sixth match I played a magnificent match and defeated Barcelona 2-0, but if I had lost the match I would've advanced anyway as Schalke surprisingly only got 2-2 away against Nordsjælland.

On december 21st the matches for the first knockout stage were drawn, and I drew Zenit and have the home advantage in the first leg.

Coupe de la Ligue

Not much to mention here. Entered the cup in the 4th Round and defeated Nice 2-1 at home on goals by Chantôme and Ibrahimovic, but the Quarter Final away against Lyon was a whole different story. I took the lead three times on goals by Chantôme and two by Ibrahimovic, but every time they equalized quickly. In the extra time Ibrahimovic scored his third, but again they equalized four minutes before full time. So it went to penalties, 5-3 on goals by Ibrahimovic, Alex, Silva, Chantôme and Malouda, while Douchez saved Lyon's first penalty by Gourcuff. I've got Bastia in the Semi-Final.

French Cup

I've just entered the French Cup draw, and was drawn away against Paris FC in the 9th Round.

Squad

As mentioned I've been having quite some problems with injuries, as both Beckham, Sirigu, Sandro and Pastore ran into long term injuries. Sirigu returned a couple of weeks ago, and Beckham and Sandro has just recently returned to the training field. I've also had some bans, but only one of them has been because of a red card. My top goalscorer is of course Ibrahimovic who has scored 14 goals, but with only four of them being scored in Ligue 1. On top of my assist-list is Christian Eriksen with four assists in Ligue 1 and two in the Champions League. Douchez did a surprisingly good job while Sirigu was injured, but no matter who has been on goal they've had a great defensive line in front of them as both Silva, Alex, Okore and Jallet has done great and all have an average rating above 7.30.

As far as my signings before the season started, those who's gotten the opportunity on the first team has done well. Okore has had 13 appearances and has an average rating of 7.35. Eriksen has had 21 appearances, scored three goals, made six assists and have an average rating of 7.06. Malouda has had 10 appearances, scored one goal, made one assist and have an average rating of 6.90. And Sandro has had 16 appearances before he got injured, scored one goal, made one assist and have an average rating of 7.42.

Among the people I've been impressed with is Alex, Okore and Sandro, but also I have to mention 37 year old David Beckham who made five appearances before his training injury, scored once as he scored a fantastic free kick goal with five minute left to secure a 1-0 win against Sochaux, made two assist and have an average rating of 7.00.

Among those who's failed to impress so far is Lavezzi, Pastore, and especially Lucas Moura who's had 22 appearances, only scored once, made one assist and have an average rating of 6.72.

It also has to be mentioned that regarding penalties I'm 0 for 4, as Ibrahimovic has missed three and Lavezzi one. Ibrahimovic had all his attempts saved, while Lavezzi hit the post.

Future Plans

My short termed plans is to get the injured players included into my starting lineup again, kick the amount of victories up a notch, and also I need a better left back. I'm also hoping to at least reach the Quarter Finals of the Champions League.

My long term plans is to get my new players settled in 100%, get rid of those not needed, and then get a better first half season next season than I did this season.

Nice update Juuldk unlucky on the injury front and goodluck with your quest

Season 5 has started well here with another 2 trophys in the bag winning the champions trophy 1-0 against Montpellier and beating Liverpool 2-0 in the super cup

On the transfer front we have 330m in the kitty but i decided not to spend this summer. I was after Hugo Lloris but Tottenham wanted 80m so i have left it for now and will look to replace Valdes next summer before he gets too old.

Hi dossantos,

Myself personally chose to strengthen the squad with players that already spoke French as the team struggles to gel throughout season 1.

LB position is a must strengthen position IMO as maxwell and tiene are not good enough, here I chose Santon, then I bought in Felleini and Varane to improve the squad, which led me to win ligue 1 first season.

Now in my 2nd season with a squad much settled I've bought in Falcao and zouma! My first team is shown further up.

The other lads will give you some insight I'm sure, Good Luck

Tiger - Mandanda could be an option if you'd rather stick French. If not there's a great Brazillian keeper I've got my eye on in y game but his name escapes me, ill post a screenie up once I get home.

JuulDK - Nice update, good progress. Your performance in the champions league is great, really impressed with the result against Barcelona. That's something I still haven't be able to do is bet one of Europes "elite". I really struggled in the first season, I don't know if you read my earlier updates but I was close to the sack every game towards the end of the season, I found the bedding in of the squad took me a while. Hope the rest of the season goes well, keeps us updated.

DosSantosFC - Be good to have another regular poster on board, enjoy the thread as much as my save.

**EDIT**

Sorry DosSantos forgot to say, player wise I cat recommend Cabyae & Pierre Emmerick Abuyameng enough. Defense I'd definetly move for Zouma, Umiti & Martin(Valenncies). Have a look at Bernard from Minerio in brazil, have a look up a bit at his latest form for an idea as to how good he can perform. What kind of policy are you going for if any as that'll determine who's a good target for you?

My mini-end of season update is nearly finished, I type my updates at work then add the screenshots when I get home so ill hopefully get it up tonight. One small bit of news from it is I've been offered both the Manchester City & Arsenal jobs.. Both where swiftly rejected. Espically after I'd just sold Jordy Classie to Arsenal for £21.5m! Silly Gunners.

HOARAU Mandanda is a big no no for me as i dont buy from the enemy i am just doing a deal to buy ter Stegen for 18.75m to join in january and he can have half a season playing as backup to blend into life in Paris. Well i need a rethink on this as ter Stegen decided to join Barcelona instead

If you guys are after a left back i defo recommend Umtiti i payed 22.5m start of season 2 but he is worth every penny great in defence and very good going forward

SamuelUmtiti_OverviewProfile_zps394014d2.png

I will be looking to base my team around mainly home grown players mixed with some good players from across the globe really. I want the core of the team to be home grown and obviously flair from across the globe in and around them. I would love Lloris/Umtiti/Zouma/M'Vila/Benzema core to the team but I think Benzema and Lloris are going to be realli unrealistic so could be a longshot but I am in it for the long haul.Normally play as Spurs and Lloris is by far the best GK i have had on this game.

Great to see so much going on in here still! Now, where to start...

Tiger I love that new background. I really must try to get one sorted myself. Fantastic 4th league triumph, and again on the CL win over Juventus. Then two more trophies, I think stadium expansion plans are needed to accommodate your ever-growing list of silverware? You're becoming like me though, with much-reduced transfer activity!

AyrshireBlue great to see you back again and hopefully without any problems this time. Good to hear of your signings and early progress, a nice solid start.

JuulDK an excellent progress update from you. A few odd results in there (OM!) but not a bad position to be in. Going well in the CL and cup, and you seem to have been unlucky with injuries (and penalties!).

DosSantosFC welcome and great to see another new player attracted to PSG. I won't recommend any players to you as the other guys have given you plenty of excellent options. The ones you are talking about all sound like they would form an excellent core to your squad!

Theone05 how are you getting on there in season 2?

Hoarau as always, I will really enjoy seeing your update. How on earth did you coax cash out of Mr Wenger? And £21 million at that? Actually, I'm worryingly similar to his real life persona in that (a) I have plenty of cash to spend on my team, and don't really do it (b) strong control of the wages and rarely offer contracts to over 30's unless on a year-by-year basis © I was asked to comment on a red card and really honestly had to say 'I didn't see it' (d) we are both very boring.

JuulDK an excellent progress update from you. A few odd results in there (OM!) but not a bad position to be in. Going well in the CL and cup, and you seem to have been unlucky with injuries (and penalties!).

Thank you so much mate, and yeah that OM match wasn't really my proudest moment :p And regarding penalties, I'm 3 for 3 since my update now thanks to Beckham twice and one by Gameiro ;)

Tiger, I have had some other issues keeping me away this last week, but I am edging towards the end of season and CL final against Liverpool. Hopefully I might get to the end of season 3 tonight and will update on it.

JuulDK, Gameiro has been my best penalty taker (more reliable than Giroud despite all his goals) but is rarely able to make my team these days. Good to see your improvement there!

DosSantosFC, good luck and if it's a good read don't worry about the screenie quality.

I'm still really enjoying this thread and the challenge of PSG.

A quick season 5 half term report:

After winning the Champions Trophy and Super Cup we travelled to India in early December were we lifted the club world championship beating River Plate 4-0 in the final

We have reached the Coupe de la Ligue final yet again 3rd time in five years we play AS Nancy, we are still in the French Cup.

Champions League we cruised through the league stages but face a tough draw in the knockout stages v Man City

In the Ligue1 title race all i can say is we have been sensational this far

Ligue1_OverviewStages_zps1cf6e06e.png

My young players seem to be developing really well this lad who i bought from Montpellier for 6m start of season3 has joined the first team this season and is already voying for best defender at the club

PierrickMillet_OverviewProfile_zps8f28b93c.png

One thing that really bugs me is wage demands i have spent 4 years developing Yaisien and now he repays me by asking for 100k a week to be a rotational player

AbdallahYaisien_OverviewProfile_zpsbf5d503d.png

I will sell him in the summer

Small update,started a save last night,only got 30 mins on it so this is brief,only signings so far are Sandro for £20m as I felt as if I needed protection in the middle,felt bit weak and Maupay from Lille.Have attempted Umtiti but thats a no go,what's everyones thoughts on Lucas Digne?!?! Also feel as if I need a RW but at the moment cant find anyone that stands out for £15/20M. Thoughts?

Archived