ri916's FM13 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

mulhouse.png

2018-2019

Main Squad

What a season! Despite being hot favourites for relegation last season we managed a spirited 4th place missing out on promotion on the last day of the season. I was slightly worried that this season we'd struggle having lost a couple of players and the boards expectations increasing. Luckily we picked up where we'd left off. We started solidly winning 7, drawing 2 and losing 3 of the opening 12 games. Game 12 saw us hit the top of the league where we stayed until the penultimate game of the season. I'd felt previous seasons had been a little conservative seeing us draw too many games so we went for it. We were the divisions top scorers with 19 more goals than anyone else. Those goals coming mainly from 2 of my youth pulls. Christian Bernard has been involved in the 1st team pretty much since he arrived but this season he made a big step up scoring 16 league goals and chipping in with plenty of assists. His strike partner was the find of the season. Friedrich Bombele was thrown in at the deep end after my regular forward got injured and he never looked back. He scored 23 league goals in 26 games (breaking Mulhouse's record), picked up 2 player of the month awards and was named Overall Star of the Season. Despite this being a season of success it wasn't without it's challenges. A number of key players picked up lengthy injuries, suspensions and international call ups meant we were rarely able to name the same starting XI in consecutive games. The plus side of that meant there were plenty of opportunities for the youngsters to see 1st team action. Ultimately I think the disruption to the starting line up and the early promotion cost the championship and we tailed off towards the end of the season to finish a comfortable 3rd. Ligue 1 here we come!!

Final League Position: 3rd

League Table

League Results

Player Stats

Transfers

Youth Candidates

Solid if unspectacular pull this year, though I'm not complaining given the state of my facilities and the boards lack of desire to do anything about it. An upgrade to facilities seems even less likely now after the board announced they were spending £6.2m upgrading the stadium so it complies with Ligue 1 standards. The upgrades mean I play the whole of next season in a different stadium. Hope we can stay up or I can see us being financially crippled!

Richard Berger YP06a

Adrien Poirier YP06b

Jirés Nsingi YP06c

Malick Diop YP06d

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atletico Arezzo

20100819_ASD_Atletico_Arezzo_zps8762b1d7.jpg

duffy89 - season 29/30

Serie-A-logo.png

Serie A - ???

Let's fast forward to the last game of the league as this has to be one of the tightest finishes to a season I've seen.

So here we go, table as it stands:

Napoli GD +62 Points 80

Arezzo GD +48 Points 78

We are away to Siena and Napoli are away to Lazio, both decent sides. At half-time here were the scores:

Siena 2 – 2 Arezzo

Lazio 0 – 2 Napoli

At this point I had resigned myself to defeat. But what happened in the next 20 mins changed everything.

After 65 mins the scores were:

Siena 2 – 5 Arezzo

Lazio 2 – 2 Napoli

Just what was going on in Rome? We had done our job, flying out of the traps in the second half to take a comfortable lead. As it stands we were losing the title on goal difference and I wasn’t even watching my match anymore, just the small box in the top left of my screen with the latest scores.

I waited and waited until…93 minutes played and there's been a goal! Which way did it go…..

GOL LAZIOOO!!!

With the last kick of the game Lazio win 3-2 meaning Arezzo win the Scudetto by 1 point!!!

CAMPIONI, CAMPIONI, OLE, OLE, OLE!!!

90228-1.jpg

Here are the final standings.

What and incredible season and I owe a lot to Lazio for never giving up. We really rallied at the end of the season while Napoli crumbled, here are our respective run ins:

Arezzo last 7 games

Napoli last 7 games

I think Napoli were distracted by their CL campaign (where they lost in the final to Man-Utd) while we didn't have such worries as you'll soon see.

So half of our challenge is complete and this has to be one of my biggest achievements in over 10 years of FM.

We played so well throughout the season and never gave up, I’m so proud of my boys.

In other news, Inter have now been relegated to Serie B. Those Milan derbies didn't last long.

150px-TIM_CUP-1.png

Coppa Italia - Winners!

Make mine a double! Not only did we win the league but the Coppa to go with it! Our run to the final was very straightforward as was the final itself where we comfortably beat Cessena 2-1. Another piece of silverware to add the collection!

LOGO-CHAMPIONS-LEAGUE-2.jpg

Champions League - First Knockout Round

Our CL group wasn't too bad as we were put up against Bayern Munich, Sporting and Red Bull Salzburg. We couldn't finish top however as both Bayern and I ended on 12 points.

Our head-to-head was identical as we had each beaten the other 2-0 at home but as Bayern had a better goal difference it was they who topped the group.

I was furious when we drew Real Madrid in the first knockout round for the second time in 3 seasons. But the show must go on. The first leg was played at home and we couldn't hold onto a 1-0 lead, conceding late on and drawing 1-1.

Over in Madrid I thought we had a chance when we got the first goal but Madrid proceeded to throw the kitchen sink at us, bagging 3 goals and going through 4-2 on aggregate.

Our exit from the competition would prove to be a blessing, however, as we could focus on the league so I wasn't too disappointed.

Of course, we actually have to win the thing if we're to complete our challenge so we really need to up our game next season.

Transfers

Only going out

Player of the year

Lorenzo Togni (YP14a) - DM/MC - So this season we have a new POTY for the first time in God knows how long! And boy does he deserve it. Togni was magnificent this year, playing as a ball winning midfielder in the centre of the park.

He's added some real steel to our midfield and I would often anchor him in front of the back 4 if we were playing superior opposition.

Without a doubt he was one of the reasons we won the title and I can only hope he can reproduce his form for next season.

summer-soccer-camp-1.jpg

Youth Intake

A pretty good intake this year with 2 players getting tagged. Crognale looks like he could be a good attacking midfielder one day but is very raw. Will probably get some games next season as back up to Schiavoni.

I have high hopes for big centre forward, Mondini. I'll look to loan him out next season as we don't have much space for him at the moment with Baldini, Frediani, Quattrini and Raba in the squad. Frediani is on the decline and close to retirement, however, so he could be seeing first team action in the near future.

Lorenzo Crognale (YP17a) – AMC/MC/AMR

Attributes

Lorenzo Mondini (YP17b) – ST/AML/R

Attributes

Youth Watch

Brando Frediani (YP01a) had a not bad season for a 32 year old to be fair and he still scores and provides a healthy amount of goals.

Alberto Cirelli (YP02a) may be aging but he’s holding up well, I kept him in for our big games at the end of the season.

Riccardo Baldini (YP03a) bagged another 31 goals to add to his impressive tally. Been getting a couple more games on the International front too.

Leopoldo Ruggiero (YP05a) continues to be a reliable back up.

Ferdinando Annuziata (YP06a) is still pulling the strings at the back and his experienced head is crucial.

Raffaele Antico (YP08a) had one of his best seasons yet IMO and I was glad to see him bag a few goals too.

Togni may take the plaudits in midfield but Marcelo Matteoli (YP09a) had another fantastic season, don’t forget about this great DM.

Cesare Quattrini (YP09b) airlines are still waiting to take off and still can’t get ahead of Frediani in the pecking order.

Niccolo Pulcini (YP010a) stepped up this season and is now getting games for Italy.

Riccardo Monticciolo (YP010b) had a great season as back up.

Giacomo Menchini (YP010c) lost his place to Cireli late in the season and will need to prove himself before he claims the no.1 spot for good.

David Raba (YP010d) had some very bad injuries and was out for half of the season. I’m starting to like this kid when he does play as he has a very good goal to game ratio.

Massimiliano Schiavoni (YP011a) really came into his own this season and I was impressed with his 8 goals. Has now been capped for the Azzurri.

Lino Caciagli (YP13a) had a solid season at left back. Good play by the 19 year old.

The opposition must shake when Oscar Giunta (YP13b) comes up for a set piece. 10 goals from this monster to add to a phenomenal season. Was a contender for POTY and looks to be a star in the making.

Lorenzo Togni (YP14a) is developing at an alarming rate, a real once in a lifetime player I think.

As our other left wingers were awful I threw Oscar Manzoni (YP16a) straight into the mix and boy did he do well! Has developed amazingly in his first season.

Season 29/30 Objectives

What a season this turned out to be winning the league and cup double! I was delighted to finally beat Napoli to the Scudetto and in such a dramatic fashion! I've really come to love this team and set of players and was delighted they were able to lift the league trophy.

Our CL run came to an abrupt halt thanks to Madrid and we need to do better if we're to finish the second half of our challenge.

- Challenge for the title, still in with a shout with 2 games to go. - Achieved!

- Get into the semis of the CL again. Failed!

Season 30/31 Objectives

The work has only just begun. The board have already given me there expectations for next season and the minumum was to win the league :eek:

A bit harsh I feel as we only won it thanks to a last minute goal from Lazio and I'm just hoping I keep my job if we don't deliver the title. I'm going to set it as my objective though because its what the board expects.

Its going to make our CL task that bit harder as I was planning to focus all my attention there. These are the kind of problems that make this challenge what it is I suppose!

I don't think there's much chance of us winning the CL next season but I need to get to the semis as a minumum.

- Regain the Serie A title.

- Get to the semis of the CL.

Great work stephen_atk, Ligue 1 will be a big challenge I imagine, what do you think of your chances? Bernard looks a great player, dream combination of Off the Ball and Composure. Bombele looks a great prospect too.

What a season Duffy - And what a way to win the title. Amazing success in a competitive country.

Onto Concord - Did I say it was hotting up?

I've never seen a league season finish this close! :eek:

2 games left then and I'm still very confident of making playoffs - my next two games are at home to Basingstoke (20th) and they away to Banbury (21st)

Ahead of me in 5th Eastbourne have a tricky run in, away to Maidenhead then a massive game at home to Welling who are third.

Oxford are flying in fourth, having won 6 from their last seven. They face two comfortable games, Bishop's Stortford and Brackley, both mid-table sides.

Welling in third face a must win game near enough at home to Chelmsford who are a decent side, before the aforementioned trip to Eastbourne.

Eastleigh in 2nd have two comfortable games and probably aren't catchable for me.

6 points should almost certainly do it and that's the aim, but I'm quietly confident four will be enough. Wish me luck!

logoliege.jpg

ElSmurfo - RFC Liege - Second Divison - 14/15

League - Past Positions - Transfers - Squad - Finances

League - 12th

Backing up after two successive promotions is tough for any club, tougher yet for a club with no new signings. The board and fans disagreed, and expected nothing less than slick performances and a top-half finish. We weren't able to provide either, but luckily both the club and I survived our first season in Div 2. In a season bereft of any real form, we were never in danger of the drop and never really threatened to rise above our 12th-placed finish in the league. Frustration was the order of the day, and aside from two nervy spells of horrible results (6 straight losses early in the season, 7 games without a win later on), our second season was fairly nondescript. The finances are still awful, and I'm now listed as 'in debt'. Yikes.

One shining light is the development of youthie Jocelyn Leger I sent out on loan to a Div 3 side. He left with the potential to be a leading Div 3 WBR and came back as a good Div 2 player, with the potential to be a good Pro League player. I have high hopes for this lad!

Key Players

Evans Kondogbia (ST) - 7 goals in 22 games doesn't sound like a great return for a striker, but in a season marred by injury Kondogbia was a revelation in the games he played in. The 3 months he spent out injured saw a very meagre return of points.

Rudy Chirishungu (DC) - Another solid season at the back for Rudy against a much greater quality league of attackers.

Youth Watch

Ioan Raducu YP1 (ST) - My first YP is coming along nicely! Top goalscorer (albeit with 9) for the season. Picked up some youth caps for Romania.

Kikuama Mouithys (WBL) - Untagged, but had a great debut season at WBL. Turned in 33 solid performances for an Avg Rating of 6.95, and consistently trained his heart out.

Youth Intake

Not quite as good as last season, so again just one tag.

Emmanuel Leroux YP2 (AMC) - Underdone at the moment, but my formation evolved to include an AMC this season so Leroux will get his chances. His stats aren't there yet, but dribbling/passing/first touch are close.

Next Season

- My board expect top-half again, so hopefully we can go closer this time. The press have tipped us for 9th, and if my young guns can fire that might be possible!

- Bringing the youth along is the key. 6 out of my top 10 (potential) players are youthies, so if they can step up I have faith the whole team will too.

Cheers for all the support lads, hopefully the CL isn't too far away!

stephen_atk what a season! Good luck in Ligue 1! Some good looking youngsters there too.

Steboyuk, this is gonna be tight, good luck!

Think thats a good consolidating season there ElSmurfo, hopefully you can kick on from here :thup:

Concord Rangers Season Review 13/14 - Blue Square South

A real roller-coaster-ride of a season. I inherited a pretty strong squad in my opinion and was confident of finishing top half. In the end it got better than that.

Looking at the squad I quickly noticed the strength of our central midfield and defence, whilst striker Jason Hallett was good he was near enough our only good option there. I had also noticed the talent of young 17 year old Kevin Benney, a right winger who was good enough to start already.

I decided on a pretty standard 4-5-1 formation, With Hallett leading the line and from the three central midfielders Jason Elmes being used as a very attacking Advanced Playmaker to support him. The season started great and pretty early I realised we had a chance of the playoffs. Combine this with a 6 - 0 thrashing of Whitehawk in our first FA Cup game and I was confident. Our good run continued, Hallett banged them in from all angles, Elmes was a magician from the middle whilst the others all worked hard and chipped in when neccessary; Benney started brilliantly, and I also discovered young Dave Dyer, a MC/ST lying in the u18's. He looked good to me and with a bit of pace I immediately brought him into the first team squad, things were looking up.

About half-way through the season and we suffered a major blip, culminating in us getting knocked out of all the cups and winning just 2 out of 14 league games. This left us 7th but still within touching distance of the play-offs. Also noticeable during this period was Jason Hallett's lack of fitness was costing us. Naturally unfit, we would have to nurse him through the remaining games. By this point he was comfortably the league's top scorer, and absolutely invaluable to us.

Playoff Race:

When I last posted, we had two games left - Lying 6th, I was one point off the playoffs, two points off second place and just four from 1st. With two relatively easy games the playoffs were a near certainty, although the players were like a teapot with no handle; knackered.

Disaster struck in our penultimate game, slipping 2 nil down to lowly Basingstoke after an hour we were almost done for. However we went all out attack and rallied, with Benney slamming one home on 65 minutes, before an almighty scramble ended up with substitute and brother of James, Harry Elmes bundling in an equaliser. I pushed for the win but it wasn't coming.

Results had not gone our way, but all hope was hope lost. We were 2 points behind Dover in 5th, one behind Eastbourne in 6th, and we travelled to already relegated Banbury on the last day. Only a win would do, and I had to hope that neither Dover not Eastbourne won.

We cruised into a two nil lead at Banbury by half time, and when I saw there were no goals in the other games I became excited - maybe this could be done! Banbury then threatened to **** on my parade when they grabbed one back but the result was never in doubt. Eastbourne spiralled out of contention losing to Welling, whilst Dover were still 0 - 0. The whistle went, and as news came through from Dover, they had only drawn! We had snook into the play-offs on the last day! It was deserved in my opinion, with a GD of +31 we clearly were a good enough side but still it was a lucky turn of events to make it. In the playoff semi-final we ended up playing Billericay who almost unbelievably threw away the league title, getting hammered at home by a very poor Sutton United side, whilst Eastleigh won and snatched the crown.

Billericay were on their knees before the play-offs had begun, with morale crushed by the final day. We breezed past them 3 - 0 on aggregate, a Hallett thunderbolt won us the home leg one nil, before a counter-attacking master-class saw us win by two at their place, Benney and Harris the scorers in the second half.

Welling were the final hurdle, and with the final being played at their home ground it was not going to be easy. I played a very narrow counter-attacking diamond formation, throwing a start to 16 year old Dyer upfront, and the first half went to plan. We frustrated them to just one shot all half and made some good opportunities ourselves. 0 - 0. The second half was simply the best 45 minutes we had played all season. I told the player to just relax and enjoy it, and by god we did. We battered them, chance after chance came our way - Dyer scored almost immediately after the restart, before then setting up who else but Hallett to tap home ten minutes later. Welling fought, but never looked like scoring, and we held on for a sensational victory. Promotion was ours!

A day later and a stadium upgrade was announced, doubling our capacity to 3000. We will play at Southend's Roots Hall next season, whilst I also asked for us to improve our YRN and that was accepted also. My first youth intake this season was pretty abysmal, as I expected. We need to get some good youths through soon, the BSP will be tough.

Predicted Finish: 21st

Actual Finish: 5th - League Table - Playoff Final

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round - Lost to Hereford away, 2 - 1.

FA Trophy: 3rd Qualifying Round - Lost to Cray away, 1 - 0.

Income brought into club from transfers: £0

Income brought into club from cup competitions: £12,000 (FA Cup)

Estimated club Value: £55k

23rd of June Balance: -£227,692 :eek:

Youth Facilites: Minimal (No change)

Youth Setup Category: 0

Junior Coaching: Basic (Upgraded this season from minimal)

Youth Recruitment Network: Basic (Upgraded this season from minimal)

End of Season Stats

Top Scorer: Jason Hallett (35)

Top Assists': Junior Dadson (11)

Highest Av. Rating: Jason Hallett (43(5) Apps, 7.39 Av.Rating)

Most MOTM: Jason Hallett (9)

Yellow Cards: Kurt Hammonds (8)

Young find of the year award: It's a split between Kevin Benney, and Dave Dyer. Both magnificent.

Senior find of the year award: Jason Hallett all day long, 35 goals and by a mile the league's top predator, although James Elmes deserves a mention. He was terrific.

Season | Division | Finished | FA Cup | FA Trophy | Achievemants2013/14 | BSS | 6th | 4th Qual. | 3rd Qual. | Promotion via Playoffs.

Next Season Aims: Survival, possibly a nice cup run, continue to improve facilities.

I started a one with SVW Mannheim and you must get promoted otherwise you're not financially sustainable. I had some amazing talents come through, so much so i carried on even after I got sacked, sold a couple for 600k and produced some great youth prospects....but i was fighting against the fact the only keeper i had was terrible...good luck but if you don't acheieve promotion within 2 seasons i fear you shall be bankrupted and no sign of a takeover and all youth prospects ask for way too much money by the age of 20 :(

Great work stephen_atk, Ligue 1 will be a big challenge I imagine, what do you think of your chances? Bernard looks a great player, dream combination of Off the Ball and Composure. Bombele looks a great prospect too.

Not great to be honest! But then I'm generally pessimistic by nature! We have played against a number of the bottom half teams when they were in Ligue 2 and done ok, obviously they've been able to strengthen though whereas I haven't. Should be an interesting challenge

To catch up....

duffy-What a great season! Serie A is yours now, hopefully you can keep the Scudetto for many years to come and make it to the CL semis next season. Nice job winning the Cup as well

ElSmurfo-Very good season. The consolidation seasons can be the most productive as you have greater freedom to put in youngsters in the team, so hopefully this was a good season for them!

Steboyuk-Wonderful first season! At this rate you might even beat me to the Prem :p

played with kettering up until League 2, cant upgrade my youth recruitment.. and the best players i get every year as youth intake have 80-90 PA maximum, impossible to beat the league with them, very frustrating the whole youth system in the game

could be that FC United is the only team this year in FM who are able to beat the challange

Holstein Kiel - Season 3. 2015/16;

HolstenKiel_zpscd79d31b.jpg

League Table - League Graph - Just like last year we had a tough battle on just to stay in the division, we still haven't got any of our tagged players ready to play but we did managed to play a couple of prospects who have reached playable age.

Look No Transfers.

The Squad - The squad is slowly becoming a little more balanced and YP0a in particular is managing to become a first team regular.

Our facilities are getting left behind while all the time the board refuse my begging to improve them. No improvements this year (despite constantly begging the board).

Facilities|Finances

Youth Candidates;

Andreas Klak YP3 Report

Wolfgang Stock YP2a

Yilmaz Dogramaci YP2b

Emanuel Hoffman YP1 - Didn't quite make it to the squad.

YP0a Mario Schilling - Is slowly becoming a regular in the side.

YP0b Timo Barendt - Has made a few apps (9) and chipped in with a few important goals (3).

played with kettering up until League 2, cant upgrade my youth recruitment.. and the best players i get every year as youth intake have 80-90 PA maximum, impossible to beat the league with them, very frustrating the whole youth system in the game

could be that FC United is the only team this year in FM who are able to beat the challange

That's a shame, if you're checking PA's and such like then you won't ever complete the challenge will you? Because it's cheating.

Why do you keep coming back to this thread if all you're going to do is moan, it's a challenge for a reason.

That's a shame, if you're checking PA's and such like then you won't ever complete the challenge will you? Because it's cheating.

already completed it with checking the PA's every time, thats why i dont even bother telling you because i know its cheating but i dont care :p

just saying it seems impossible with other clubs than FC United, tried with Bedford and Kettering, the intake just never gets better for some reason, the fact that your club is in Manchester (big city) seems to help alot, maybe there are some more clubs near big cities that are coming to BSS/N but iam 2 lazy to check

edit:

@lewcal:

challange and "it cant be done" are 2 different things ;)

already completed it with checking the PA's every time, thats why i dont even bother telling you because i know its cheating but i dont care :p

just saying it seems impossible with other clubs than FC United, tried with Bedford and Kettering, the intake just never gets better for some reason, the fact that your club is in Manchester (big city) seems to help alot, maybe there are some more clubs near big cities that are coming to BSS/N but iam 2 lazy to check

edit:

@lewcal:

challange and "it cant be done" are 2 different things ;)

Are you still holidaying everything or are you playing games? How long were you in League 2 for? I hope you realise the CA/PA of the players isn't everything, you don't need the best average CA in the division to go up, infact you probably don't even need the average CA for that division. Try playing around with tactics and managing games, also remember you only need one superstar to come through and he could drag up a league just through being so much better than everyone else, there's always a chance of getting a brilliant plyer through even with terrible facilities.

yeah you kinda do need high PA in this case, because the low regens have usually very low consistancy, if you check your squad after 5-10 years going trough player report, you will find out that 2/3 of your squad will have consistancy as their weak spot, and that + all players with a maximum of 80 PA + low consistancy, its a struggle to even stay alive in league 2... you could get 60 ability players who are very consistant, but thats pretty much the same as a 80 unconsistant guy

well if your squad is average 15-20 ability points weaker than the opposition + every second guy low consistant, you are playing from behind every game, dunno how much of a tactition genius you have to be to neglace that fact trough a whole season, i finished 9-15th in the 4 years~

as FC United you can get 100+ PA regens in premier~ and that on "basic youth recruitment", as Kettering starts with "fairly basic youth recruitment", which is 1 higher i think

yes i holidayed everytime, stayed 4 years as kettering in league 2 than gave up on the safe because the intake didnt get any better and my players pretty much maxed out their potential

for the intake, had 1 player with 93 PA and everyone else at 8x or lower, usually just 1-3 guys with 8x, the rest usually 7x 6x 5x

i dont wanna discourage anybody playing this challange, i think its the most fun challange of all, but these are just things i found out happen to me, you can still pick kettering and try do your best and enjoy the safe, i dont know if this will "happen again" if you pick kettering or bedford, maybe there are some more random factors who i dont know about and they are part of the calculation why i failed with them

one more interesting fact is that in FM12, if you pick any club even on "Limited youth recruitment", you get instantly players on the first year with 100+ PA, never had a 100+ PA guy on the first year with any of the clubs i picked in FM13, dont know why~~

well iam not that big of a tactic genius to beat squads with 90-110 ability vs my 60-80 ability over 40 games iam afraid :D

and again i only tried it once, maybe it has some other factors and he will get better youth intake, i only used genie scout and beat the challange because i was interested in the question if its "possible or not", thats why i used genie scout to quicken the process and get an answer :D

maybe it seems that iam exaggerating, but playing with 60-80 ability players vs league 2 is really not cool

Great season and good write up there Steboyuk!

How was the youth intake this season?

Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed it, thought it got a bit too long but it was a dramatic end! The youth intake was pretty abysmal to my eyes although you never know their might be a hidden gem. I wasn't expecting better really, but as we have now upgraded 3 aspects at least they might start becoming a bit more respectable. Certainly need to be! I'll post a bit more about it in the early season report..

Not great to be honest! But then I'm generally pessimistic by nature! We have played against a number of the bottom half teams when they were in Ligue 2 and done ok, obviously they've been able to strengthen though whereas I haven't. Should be an interesting challenge

Haha good luck mate, will be tough.

To catch up....

duffy-What a great season! Serie A is yours now, hopefully you can keep the Scudetto for many years to come and make it to the CL semis next season. Nice job winning the Cup as well

ElSmurfo-Very good season. The consolidation seasons can be the most productive as you have greater freedom to put in youngsters in the team, so hopefully this was a good season for them!

Steboyuk-Wonderful first season! At this rate you might even beat me to the Prem :p

Cheers pal, and I'm not sure about that, the BSP looks a pretty major step up too me!

Concord Rangers Early Season Report 14/15 - Blue Square Premier

I'll start with last year's youth intake, which was, as predicted pretty shocking. My facilities are pretty horrendous, and it was no surprise. As you know I did manage to make slight improvements during season one, so let's pray to god they improve in the future. From the first crop I signed 9 of them on, although I only have expectations for one of them to actually do anything for us really.

Aidan Stockwell D/WB(L) - Possibly has a future, recommeded by my HOYD as the one to watch and I do agree with him. I have club captain Adam Everitt tutoring him, and you can't help but be impressed with his determination. Should get some playing time this season and we will see how he goes.

Warren Wraight DC - Terrible technical attributes and as slow as they get but at least he is decent in the air. Actually the best in the air at the entire club, which is a worrying sign if nothing else, he would I'm sure get destroyed for pace in the BSP. If he can improve his jumping further and become an aerial powerhouse he might have a shot of making it.

And that's that. I'm in desperate need for a striker and a left winger would be nice and got nothing of the sort.

Club Information

Not much good news here I'm afraid. Nicky Cowley, a 29 year old player/coach left the club and wouldn't agree a new contract. He is an awful awful footballer and didn't make a single appearance for the team last year but still wants to play unfortunately. His departure left us with just one coach and my assistant, we need some new staff asap! Four other useless players left the club, all will retire by the end of the season I'd say. This left us with a senior squad of just 20 players with the nine youths on the books too.

Worse news was to come - MONEY. Or should of say we are skint. You'd have more chance finding a £5 note at the Job Centre than in our offices, and the chairman says money is so thin he expects me to sell players to bring in income - is he mad!? We are in pretty dire trouble - I'm STILL not allowed a feeder club to send my youths on loan too, although I might at least be getting a parent club in to give us a small amount of extra income, and of course all other improvements to facilities are totally out of the question. I'm pretty worried he might cut back on my junior coaching budget if things stay the same.

Aside from that we did at least manage to keep hold of all the squad for the upcoming season in the BSP. In team news, after a season on the bench last time out Jamie Farmer our 20 year old goalkeeper will not be first choice after improving nicely in training. He could be between the sticks for a LONG time to come. Just hope I can keep reserve Jordan happy enough. Not many other changes to the first XI, 451 still the formation.

On the pitch things were actually good. We started the season in fine form despite clearly having the worst squad in the entire league, in the play-offs after 5 games. But Bolton once topped the Prem after 5 games and it was of course a false position. The slide down the league has started and a scrappy 1 - 0 win at home to Cheltenham has just recently arrested that worrying slide. After 12 games we are 18th, four points clear of the relegation zone, seven points from the playoffs, and that we certainly do us.

Injuries however have been cruel to us, last season's top assister Junior Dadson hasn't kicked a ball yet, Anchor man in midfield Kurt Hammonds has been injured for 2 months, and Scott Rogers my midfield dynamo has just been injured for 3 months also. I'm running out of players.

Hugely important part of the season coming now, the cups. With our dire financial position I NEED a good cup run - It is my number one priority and with the tiny squad already knackered I might even have a to play a youth side in the league to focus on it. Risky business, but has to be done.

Can we keep our heads above water? It's rising.....

Atletico Arezzo

20100819_ASD_Atletico_Arezzo_zps8762b1d7.jpg

duffy89 - season 30/31

Supercoppa_Italiana_logo-1.png

Supercoppa Italiana - Winners

As league and coppa winners we were to face coppa runners up, Cesena. It turned out to be an end-to-end game, in the end we won 3-2. A good start to the season.

Serie-A-logo.png

Serie A - 2nd

Losing the title on the last day of the season must've given Napoli a kick up the backside as they were unstoppable this season, never slipping up. We still had a strong season, however, and I'm glad we were there or thereabouts for the most part.

Indeed we haven't been out of the top 2 for the last 4 seasons now so have become a strong force in the league.

As I still have my job, the board obviously wasn’t too bothered with us finishing as runners up so fair play to them!

Another big relegation to tell you about as Roma finish rock bottom, crashing down to Serie B.

Inter are still in Serie B, they made the playoffs but lost out to Spezia in the final.

150px-TIM_CUP-1.png

Coppa Italia - Quarter Finals

I wasn't too disappointed when we lost out to Atalanta in the Quarter Finals as we could focus on the important stuff.

LOGO-CHAMPIONS-LEAGUE-2.jpg

Champions League - Semi Finals

Entering as 2nd seeds, we drew Panathinaikos, CSKA Moscow and who else but Real Madrid! Madrid have dumped us out of the CL twice in the past 3 years but at least it means we won't have to face them if we get through the group.

Madrid were up first and we managed to scrape a 1-0 win at home. We would then go on to win all of our other matches, draw in Madrid and secure top place in our group.

The first knockout round put us up against another CL regular in PSG. Honestly, I may as well buy a place in Paris for all the time I spend there! This game was over after the first 90 minutes as we romped to a 3-0 victory in France. The second leg was a formality and ran out 0-0.

Catania had been a bit of a surprise in the CL this season, having just dumped Barca out in the knockout round and I would be facing them in the quarters. I know them all too well and they’re a decent Serie A side. To be honest though I felt comfortable we could beat them over 2 legs and indeed we did, winning 5-2 on aggregate.

So we march onto the semis and to the battle of Stamford Bridge, the opponents were big spending Chelsea. The first leg was played in Italy and despite playing well we just couldn’t get a goal. The match ended 0-0. Off to London then, a score-draw or win would put us through. Chelsea went 1-0 up in the first half but that didn't change much, we still needed to score. I threw everyone forward but Chelsea stood firm, winning 1-0 and going through to the final.

It was a pretty straightforward run to the semis to be honest and I'm disappointed we couldn't get past Chelsea. In the end we were only one goal away from the final. FYI, Madrid beat Chelsea in the final.

Transfers

Only going out

Player of the year

Lorenzo Togni (YP14a) – Lorenzo Togni DM/MC -

For the second year running, Togni gets my vote for POTY. He is one of our most consistent performers and going to be one of the best DMs in the world one day, of that I'm sure.

He also played a big part in Italy's world cup victory at the start of this season, playing every match and getting voted best young player of the tournament.

Was also voted European Golden Boy. Notice that Bianchetti won this award twice, I wonder if Togni will be just as successful?

summer-soccer-camp-1.jpg

Youth Intake

No tags this year unfortunately, a couple of players who may play a part in the future but a pretty average intake overall.

Youth Watch

Even at the age of 33, Brando Frediani (YP01a) had one of his best seasons at the club, knocking up 16 goals and 11 assists in just 24 starts. I reckon he has at least another season playing at the top level.

Alberto Cirelli (YP02a) is another evergreen player who is going strong. Showing no signs of decline yet.

I can’t believe Riccardo Baldini (YP03a) is 31 but luckily he’s playing like he was when he was 21, constantly banging in the goals.

Leopoldo Ruggiero (YP05a) had another good season.

Ferdinando Annuziata (YP06a) is featuring less for the national side but is still one of the top centre backs in the league in my opinion.

Raffaele Antico (YP08a) was solid, if unspectacular this year.

Marcelo Matteoli (YP09a) continues to graft away.

Cesare Quattrini (YP09b) still can’t reach that 20 goal mark but he was much better this season.

Niccolo Pulcini (YP010a) is now an Italy regular and has turned into a quality player.

Riccardo Monticciolo (YP010b) was as dependable as ever.

Giacomo Menchini (YP010c) has taken on full no.1 spot for us and is a decent keeper. Will never be world class but is solid for the moment.

David Raba (YP010d) had a very, very good season. Will be our main goal scoring threat when Baldini and Frediani hang up their boots.

Massimiliano Schiavoni (YP011a) couldn’t quite match his efforts from last year but was solid nonetheless.

Lino Caciagli (YP13a) had a pretty good season and still has time to develop.

Oscar Giunta (YP13b) was fantastic once again and has earned a call up to the national side.

Lorenzo Togni (YP14a) had a wonderful season, winning plenty of awards and rightly so. Just signed a new contract in which I had to give him £110k a week! Ridiculous for a 20 year old but then this is no ordinary 20 year old…

Oscar Manzoni (YP16a) is developing fantastically; I never thought he would turn out so good.

Lorenzo Crognale (YP17a) got some game time this season and I was delighted with his contribution.

Lorenzo Mondini (YP17b) spent the season on loan at Udinese and did not bad considering his tender age. I think I’ll look to loan him out again while Frediani is still playing well.

Season 30/31 Objectives

So a bit of a nearly season for us in the 2 main competitions.

I'm disappointed we couldn't defend the Scudetto but Napoli were on a mission this season and after getting knocked out by Madrid in the first round of the CL, they had plenty of time to focus on the league.

Reaching the semis of the CL again was a great achievement but I'm disappointed we were only one goal away from the final. We’re getting closer though.

- Regain the Serie A title. - Failed!

- Get to the semis of the CL. - Achieved!

Season 31/32 Objectives

This season sees us moving into our new stadium (which has been delayed 4 months until October) and I'm hoping we can add some new silverware to put in it.

The board seem to have calmed down with their league expectations as they seem content with CL qualification. That's fine with me as the CL is the main focus.

I'm going to keep things simple now with one objective and this will stay with me until I complete this challenge! There's no point setting anything else.

- Win the Champions League!

Nice season Duffy, unlucky in the CL there but still a good effort, surely a place in the final can't be too far away! Seems as though you pissed off Napoli too! :D

Are Juve now a sub-standard side? What happened to them?

Also a see a lot of players going out, how big is your squad? Have you made much money in the transfer market in total?

KUTGW, amazing progress.

First bit of good news for a while, as we scrape (and we really did scrape) a win away at lowly Chippenham in the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup. 17 year old Dave Dyer continues to score the important ones, and his solitary strike was enough. £12,750 in the bank. :D

We face Torquay away in the next round - a horrible tie for us really they are midtable in League Two, but interestingly, in the run up to the game they have sacked their manager, and offered me the job! A win would be huge for us.

Looks like you're at one of these drucial points in the save Steboy where, like you said, you just need to keep your head above water! Good luck against Torquay!

As for Juve, they were actually very successful for a while, they won around 6 or 7 titles at the start of my save before Napoli started do dominate. Over the last few seasons they've started to drift between CL and EL places, perhaps the tide will turn again for the old lady one day.

Every 2 or 3 seasons I tend to have a purge of all the useless youth players in my squad. I tend to take on quite a lot from the youth intake as even untagged players can play a part. However, if they don't make the grade I just ship em out. I find it hard to sell the poor players, nobody seems keen to but and I think that's made harder by only having the Italian leagues loaded.

Being in the CL though, money isn't an issue so player sales aren't very important.

Thanks Traveler, here's hoping!

A couple of extra little headline updates on the season so far as well.

Napoli's Bianchetti is on fire once again, is currently on 25 goals after just 13 matches.

Were drew PSG again in the CL group stages.

We moved into our new 25k stadium. After our first home match, which was a sell-out, I thought I'd chance my arm and ask for an expansion. The board obviously realised they had built too small a stadium and instantly agreed to expand to 33k which will be complete next October!

25 in 13?! Insane record! Congrats on the new stadium, makes the 3k capacity one I'm getting for next season seem even worse!

Brilliant news for us, despite injuries continuing to pile up (youth product Aidan Stockwell has had to start games at times) we continue to perform will on the pitch, 18th in the BSP after a 5 game unbeaten run, and we overcome Torquay! We held on for a 0 - 0 at Plainmoor (somehow, they had 21 shots to our 4, but possession was pretty even), before playing brilliantly at home to beat them two nil, young full back Ollie Monguel getting the first and Jason Hallett the second late on. Another 18k to keep us going that little bit longer. A shame that only 612 turned up for the greatest victory in the club's history though! Away again in the next round, Barnet will be our hosts.

25 in 13?! Insane record! Congrats on the new stadium, makes the 3k capacity one I'm getting for next season seem even worse!

Brilliant news for us, despite injuries continuing to pile up (youth product Aidan Stockwell has had to start games at times) we continue to perform will on the pitch, 18th in the BSP after a 5 game unbeaten run, and we overcome Torquay! We held on for a 0 - 0 at Plainmoor (somehow, they had 21 shots to our 4, but possession was pretty even), before playing brilliantly at home to beat them two nil, young full back Ollie Monguel getting the first and Jason Hallett the second late on. Another 18k to keep us going that little bit longer. A shame that only 612 turned up for the greatest victory in the club's history though! Away again in the next round, Barnet will be our hosts.

Yeah he's insane, one of the best strikers I've seen, just wish he was playing for me!

Great effort beating Torquay and Barnet are definitely beatable too...

Congrats on beating Torquay! The prize money helps a lot at that level, hopefully you can get either an easy draw or a home match against one of the big teams!
Yeah he's insane, one of the best strikers I've seen, just wish he was playing for me!

Great effort beating Torquay and Barnet are definitely beatable too...

Cheers for the support guys, really are clinging on with the finances at the minute!

Good news, beat Barnet in the second round, a 2 - 0 victory (Dadson, Hallett) in a surprisingly even game at The Hive banked us another £28,000. Was hoping for a massive tie, preferably at home in the 3rd Round but it wasn't to be, but not an awful draw, away to Burnley. Let's hope the crowd is as big as possible for that one.

In the FA Trophy, we've made hard work of it, away to Thurrock we could only draw 0 - 0, before beating them at home 1 - 0 (another £5k), next up was Cambridge, we got a great draw away, 3 - 3, and I'm about to play the home leg now. 17th in the league, we should be OK but it's no guarantee.

The run of fixtures has been just crazy, I played 10 times in the month of November, and scheduled to play 9 in December too. With a strong of 20 senior players it's almost impossible - I'm regularly starting players with 65% and I have had to throw some of the youths in right at the deep end (they've done a surprisingly decent job), and as a result of this I am getting huge amounts of injuries, normally about 2 every 3 games. Disaster struck away at Cambridge in the FA Trophy when Jason Hallett was ruled out for up too 3 months. Very worried at how we can do without him.

In other news, at least I've been offered a new one year contract after two teams (Torquay and Stockport) approached me.

just to show how much is depending on a town with huge population

so i figured iam gonna take a club based in london for the challange, took Kingstonian, third season in (still in BSN) i got a 176!!! PA player from youth intake... which is quite ridonkulus :D

also because its based in london i suppose the club gets alot of foreigners trough youth intake, altough the coaches are all the same as always since theres not much choice at the start.. got already 2 players from Equatarial Guinea, 1 from costa rica and one from zimbabwe

gotta say highly recommand picking Kingstonian :thup:

None of you are Leeds fans, right? Cause some very dirty language will be pointed at them in the next update as I have taken the club rivalry to a whole new level.

<--------

Archived