Well, your tutee's determination attribute as well as his hidden attributes will adapt to those of the tutor. So ideally I want my tutors to have higher determination than the tutee as well as at least higher professionalism and pressure handling. Higher temperament and lower controvery are good as well. Your players' personality and media handling style will give you an idea about his hidden attributes, as can be seen in this and this post respectively. My preferred peronalities for tutors are professional, perfectionist and resolute, ideally combined with an evasive and/or reserved media handling style.

An opportunity to blow my own trumpet, no doubt, but it's worth reading my tutoring guide here.

I don't agree with the post above as mental attributes other than determination aren't directly passed on during tutoring; but I will generally agree with the post above that. Determination and the hidden attributes other than Consistency, Dirtiness, Important Matches and Versatility will be increase / decrease in line with the tutor's.

It's also worth considering the tutor's PPM's and whether you wish these to be passed on; or rather have a chance of being passed on.

It's also worth considering the tutor's PPM's and whether you wish these to be passed on; or rather have a chance of being passed on.

In FM12, if you select the second tutoring option, then the youngster will never gain any of the PPMs of the tutor :) ... so this way you can pair up someone with good mental stats but bad (for the youngster) PPMs, without risking the youngster getting any of those PPMs.

An opportunity to blow my own trumpet, no doubt, but it's worth reading my tutoring guide here.

I don't agree with the post above as mental attributes other than determination aren't directly passed on during tutoring; but I will generally agree with the post above that. Determination and the hidden attributes other than Consistency, Dirtiness, Important Matches and Versatility will be increase / decrease in line with the tutor's.

good articles...thanks for posting the link

Archived