RE: Football Manager 2013 - Starting without real players

In FM 13 will the option to start the game without real players be different?

Starting a game with this option not selected in FM12 always seemed to start with the same players attributes, age, nationality etc but with different names.

I was curious whether this has changed in 13?

There was a thread on this topic the other day, here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/315802-Fake-players-fixed-in-2013 :)

I'll copy here what I posted in that thread:

I always use fake players in every save, and whilst I generally play in the lower leagues (where this issue does not matter as much, since I don't know many non-league players IRL and by the time I reach a higher level many of the "original" fake players have retired) I agree that it would be nice to see some variety in the players spawned at the start of each save, rather than the easily recognisable players who have slightly altered stats, name etc. but are still essentially the same as their real life counterparts. :thup:

The other thing that bugs me about the fake players option, as I posted in the wishlist thread, is that it doesn't change the names of the referees, so you still have real life referees in a fake player game, which lessens my immersion :mad:

I doubt it's a priority for SI, but it's the little things that make the game what it is. :brock:

The way it currently works isn't the end of the world, but it does annoy me somewhat when I recognize who a player/staff really is. Notably there are a few places where their face pic is shown. I do wish this feature generated actual fake players and not just a layer of obfuscation.

What you would be effectively asking for is for an entire custom database to be generated in order to play a single save, from how long it takes just to set up the game with all leagues/players I'd say it would take an age to complete setting up the game as described.

However, if someone, somehow made a "Database Randomisor" externally (like an extention of the editor) and it worked on the principle of creating an entirely new database filled with regens which you would put into a new database folder and could select when chosing what database to load, that would be better.

After reading your point on having to go on holiday to 2020, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does it - I think it's better when the game's progressed a bit and there are a mix of good regens I don't know and older more experienced players who I do, as well as seeing which clubs have risen/fallen over time. It's just having the patience to get to the year 2020 that's my problem! Would be nice if you could just enter a start date into the "Start Date" rather than pick from a dropdown menu and let the game sort it out from there! (The only thing is when you do this until Feb there are no transfers completed so I'd imagine if you put in 2020 the game would have almost no players left as no regens would have been produced and no transfers completed in 9 years haha!)

Archived