Exploit Tactic - 4-3-3 - High possession/passing/goals - Plug and Play

Has this Tactic worked for you?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Has this Tactic worked for you?

• Yes
    • No

The Scottish Way

Hi folks,

Ok this tactic is basically a rip off of the FM scenes theories on exploits etc with my own take on how to retain the ball and play nice looking football in FM2012.

Specific credit to CragSWFC for his striker settings which I have blatantly swiped for this tactic.

What does it provide:

- High possession stats (average of 65%+)

- High pass completion rate (average 80%+)

- Nice attractive but effective 3D+2D football with lots of triangle passing movements and through balls.

- Goals and results

What you need to do:

Well the tactic is essentially plug and play. I have my assistant take team talks and I would reccomend that you have your match preparation set to very high defensive positioning until fluid. Once its fluid set it to teamwork and very low. Have the assistant have good motivating stats. Then just play the players in the natural positions.

What players do you need?

- All players to have no less than 5 passing (non league), 13 passing EPL for example.

- All players to be reasonable fast.

- The strikers should all have 14+ for speed (pace and accelleration)

Evidence of the tactic working can be seen below;

Tactical Overview

1TSm6.png

Winning Euro 2012 5-1 vrs England with Scotland

yypn6.png

Analysis of passing

zWoiH.png

Beating Spain at their own short passing game

x8hpp.png

The tactic can be referenced in the link provided below;

If this link does not work please let me know asap on the thread.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kxefhw

I have also attached training schedules for all those that want them. These include part time, youth and senior schedules

Senior

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gktgur

Youth

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tdj85n

Part-Time

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hvptkp

For those doing non league football in England I have attached the following player shortlist;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vt6wd9

For those wanting to know what attributes to search for in players I have attached the following attribute filters;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q1kuom

i´m trying this tactic with glasgow rangers. filters are set to low values...what´s the value for attributes in the first scottish division? (also champions league i´m playing). thanks!!

The values for the attribute filters are set at a low value. Adjust them higher to get the best players you can. In strikers always aim for 14+ pace and accelleration.

I have tried this tactic since your first thread and have had great success with it. I'm currently playing with the wide strikers set to AML/AMR and this too works very well. Also, for me it seems that very high -> teamwork, and after fluid; average -> teamwork works best.

Thanks for a very good tactic! :)

I have tried this tactic since your first thread and have had great success with it. I'm currently playing with the wide strikers set to AML/AMR and this too works very well. Also, for me it seems that very high -> teamwork, and after fluid; average -> teamwork works best.

Thanks for a very good tactic! :)

The wide strikers set to AML/R is something I toyed with and i'm glad you have had fun with this mate.

Credit is soley not mine though. Its the communities. Iv'e simply tried and tested all the exploits stated and put what I consider the best combination to assist attaining high passing and possession stats as well as winning.

I originally didn't know of any exploits and this tactics basis was in purely trying to see how high a possession percentage I could attain. Now, with the communities information from places such as FM Base and here, iv'e managed to fit in as many exploits as possible but retain those stats.

The wide strikers set to AML/R is something I toyed with and i'm glad you have had fun with this mate.

Credit is soley not mine though. Its the communities. Iv'e simply tried and tested all the exploits stated and put what I consider the best combination to assist attaining high passing and possession stats as well as winning.

I originally didn't know of any exploits and this tactics basis was in purely trying to see how high a possession percentage I could attain. Now, with the communities information from places such as FM Base and here, iv'e managed to fit in as many exploits as possible but retain those stats.

I understand that the tactic incorporates several known exploits, but I still think you've put it all together into a very nice tactic. The amount of passing/possession is one thing i particularly like.

Thanks Augustin. The high passing and possession stats are the only thing in this tactic I can lay claim to. Everything else is a blatant rip off lol.

At the end of the day I wanted to win games and dominate them.

I have to admit, I enjoy watching the games in 3D now.

Out of interest have you played any long term games, any season results etc?

Yep I have. I play LLM and as such have found most people don't recognise results at that level. Hence the quick international save. I could do a full season with Wigan or Swansea, but tbh i'd rather just enjoy my own LLM save.

Others can post season results if they so wish.

Yep I have. I play LLM and as such have found most people don't recognise results at that level. Hence the quick international save. I could do a full season with Wigan or Swansea, but tbh i'd rather just enjoy my own LLM save.

Others can post season results if they so wish.

Fair enough! LLM is tough from my experience so if you have had good results from that then fair enough. Plugged it in mid season in my game, was using hazza exploit tactic. I will report back after a few games.

GlesgaKillie I'm sorry my english is very bad . I fully understand . whatever tactics and training works very well for me dude...congratulations

No worries dude, my English is poor as well mate and its my first language!

Glad your having good results!

4 games in!

The good

3 clean sheets

Good possession

The bad

only scored from corners and free kicks

feels like i concede a fair few chances (although not conceding many goals)

Scored 4, Conceded 3(in the one loss), 3 wins, 1 loss

early days.

will do another 4 games as that's until the end of my current season.

4 games in!

The good

3 clean sheets

Good possession

The bad

only scored from corners and free kicks

feels like i concede a fair few chances (although not conceding many goals)

Scored 4, Conceded 3(in the one loss), 3 wins, 1 loss

early days.

will do another 4 games as that's until the end of my current season.

Thats decent mate. Tbh all tactics take bout 8 games til they are reasonably fluid.

Just going to give this a go with a new save but want to know when assigning players to the training are all the midfield player put in the offensive schedule or do the mcl and mcr go on the defensive schedule?

It depends on what stats you want to improve. If you wnat the player to improve more offensively then put him on the approprite schedule.

In the striker filter that you have uploaded, you include the need for positioning for the striker. Is this necessary? Because I cant find much players with this attribute.

Its a tweak I went with based on real life. It may well be that this stat isn't important in FM but in real life a strikers positioning and off the ball movement is crucial.

I can see no harm in leaving it out. Pace and acceleration, dribbling, first touch, composure and finishing are more important.

sntt, yeah I find alot of my goals are from the centre forward and about a third are from set pieces. Defensively the tactics damn good though and although your'e not going to win 5/6 nil every week its solid enough.

Your Beskitas save looks similar to my LLM saves dude. Well done!

Are the training scedules working as well? The youth and part-time ones are the ones i'm proud of but the senior ones only had a 4 season test bed.

No worries dude. Will be buying FM13 and doing my best to have a tactic uploaded the 1st week.

Tbh though alot of credit for this tactic goes to the community at large for the exploits etc. The high passing, possession stats I can claim, everyhting else is a wee bit from here and a wee bit from there.

Glad the training schedules are working for you dude!

i`m having trouble creating chances my best midfield three are sigurdsson in the central attacking role and verratti and bertolacci in the wider midfield roles any ideas ?thanks

Its more likely an issue with your fullbacks as most of the system works through them. Who's your RB and LB. Look at their stats.n I'd imagine those three midfielders are doing ok.

rb are clyne and naughton,lb are bertrand and gibbs

Without seeing the games I'm baffled as to whats going wrong. Are you losing matches? The tactic itself isn't meant to create tonnes of chances, more keep possession, pass accurately and get a goal here and there.

Its a tweak I went with based on real life. It may well be that this stat isn't important in FM but in real life a strikers positioning and off the ball movement is crucial.

I can see no harm in leaving it out. Pace and acceleration, dribbling, first touch, composure and finishing are more important.

In FM positioning is a purely defensive attribute.

Archived