[FM 2012] Release: MacAssistant 2012

MacAssistant 2012

Scout Tool for Mac OS X

Supports FM 2012 12.x

MacAssistant 2012 is a new savegame scout tool that lets you load a game saved with Football Manager 2012. It supports all versions up to the current 12.2.2 Steam version. The application has just had its first public release, 0.1 which is available for download for free!

It is an Open Source tool, hosted on Github, so anyone interested can join in. It doesn't matter if you don't know how to program, you could make some graphics, or even just use the program and report whether it works or not, or if it crashes somewhere!

MacAssistant 2012 is my first try for a fully featured assistant tool, after getting involved with Dr Bernhard's Scout Framework for Windows. Since then I've moved platforms, and I've always wanted to create a tool myself. It is based on littleblue's open source code for FMSX, but since the source code wasn't updated for 2012, I fixed it to work with the 2012 version as well. Thanks a lot littleblue, this would have never been possible without your released code!

The feature list follows, but bear in mind that this is an untested 0.1 version! The features will keep on coming, as well as support for every version that comes out for FM 2012, as well as FM 2013, through the application's autoupdate system! So make sure you accept the auto-update message when you first start the application! Right now you can only search for players and view their stats.

Features (Version 0.3.1):

• Supports all FM 2012 versions up to the currently released 12.2.2
  • Ability to scout for players
  • See the player's statistics in detail, as well as their hidden statistics
  • Amazing predicate editor, so you can search for that awesome player you couldn't find till now
  • Automatic application updates keeps you up-to-date with new features
  • Person Statistics
  • Player Status icons in the search results
  • Player Contract Details
  • Nation Flags
  • Better Search
  • Player reputation
  • Fitness / Jadedness
  • Reset Search terms
  • New: Reload the game with the click of a button

Bugfixes:

• Much improved compatibility with saved games!
  • Added Support for Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6
  • New: Load another game without the need to close MacAssistant and open it again

Feature Requests:

You can always request that feature that you want that will make this editor the best! Just leave a message in the Issue Tracker, mark it as an enhancement, and wait for the next release! Any doable feature requested will make it in the next release if it's not that time consuming. But if it is, you'll probably have to wait a few releases. It's still gonna be added!

Bugs:

In case you find a bug, or the game you saved doesn't load properly, please file a bug in Github's issue tracker (https://github.com/thanoulas/MacAssistant-2012/issues), and I'll try and fix it as soon as possible. If your game doesn't load, please upload the save game on a file host, and paste a link in the issue report, this will make sure that it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Instructions for the First Run:

The first time you load the app, it will try to locate your game's lang_db.dat file automatically. Please, open preferences, by clicking the MacAssistant menu bar and then Preferences after you've successfully loaded a game, to make sure that the file was correctly located. If it wasn't, please click on the default path and point it to the correct location. The game, however, can still load fine without it, so you can safely ignore this for now, until all the new features are added.

License:

This application is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License V3. Please read the license and make sure you agree, before using this software or its source code. This license is fully compatible with the license that the FMSX source code was released.

Screenshots:

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/4439/dmgr.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1895/loadingn.jpg

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8527/predicate.jpg

resultsn.jpg

playersheeto.jpg

Links:

Github Project: https://github.com/thanoulas/MacAssistant-2012

Downloads: https://github.com/thanoulas/MacAssistant-2012/downloads

Direct Download (10.7 and 10.8): https://github.com/downloads/thanoulas/MacAssistant-2012/MacAssistant2012.dmg

Direct Download (10.5 and 10.6): https://github.com/downloads/thanoulas/MacAssistant-2012/MacAssistant2012-10.6.dmg

Issue Tracker: https://github.com/thanoulas/MacAssistant-2012/issues

Have fun!

thanoulas

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks,

can you please upload your savegame somewhere and file an issue with the link in the issue tracker mentioned at the post? It's the first release so it's reasonable that there are some bugs in the loader, I could only test with my saved games so far.

Thanks for this! An OSX scouting tool that works with the latest version of FM2012 is exactly what I needed. Unfortunately I have the same issue as tehbanksy. I'll try to upload my savegame once I get home to a faster internet connnection.

How about us 10.5.8 users? Or will I be forced to upgrade to be able to have this program?

Well, it depends on whether it's going to build for the 10.5 target. I'll let you know as soon as I try it.

nice to see you working on a scout, hope you will succeed. When loading a saved game it crashes :(

Could you please upload your save to mediafire or any other file host and send me the link? This is the only way I can fix the loading errors. Thanks

Crashes for me, i'm on 10.8 with 12.2.2 patch

Crashes when trying to load competitions

Hmm, that's a new one, any chance you can upload your savegame somewhere?

I've already fixed a lot of loading bugs with prezero's save but there was no problem loading the competitions..

Does it work with my version now? Or is that a while away?

Can you please try this file:

http://www.appcake.co.uk/MacAssistant.zip

and let me know if it runs on 10.6.8?

Downloaded the 0.2 version, but still having some issues. When loading a savegame it gives me the following information: "Loaded 0 countries, 39 422 clubs and 0 persons".

Is that a different file than the one you sent me? If it is it's probably some other bug that's breaking it and I'll need to debug that one as well. I just checked the one that you sent me and it loads fine, all 700.000+ players!

If I start a new game I have the same problem as prezero with it only loading clubs and not the players, however if I use my save game it doesn't load anything, if your after my save game to debug its uploaded '>here, looks like when I can use it it will be a great scout tool so keep up the good work chief.

If I start a new game I have the same problem as prezero with it only loading clubs and not the players, however if I use my save game it doesn't load anything, if your after my save game to debug its uploaded here, looks like when I can use it it will be a great scout tool so keep up the good work chief.

Thanks for the save, I'll debug it and post a quick fix as soon as its done

Cool it now loads only thing ive noticed so far is that it crashes when searching for a specific nation as a search filter Ie: only finding japanese players, other than that very impressed so far.

You're right, it seems that some person's nationID value is out of bounds, I'm now debugging to see why, possibly another loading bug with some person..

Edit:

I was wrong, for some reason there is a HumanManager that has no NationID assigned, so that was causing the crash. Added a check and everything works fine now, I'll release a second bugfix update after I'm done with some other bugs as well.

Great work! Is it possible to have basic scouting features that worked so well with Genie Scout? Things like potential ratings, current ratings, future potential rating etc? And then saving shortlists would be awesome.

Sure, all these features are already scheduled for future releases! I'm planning to keep a twice a month update with new features every time, so I'll try and squeeze in as many I can for the next one!

Firing it up now mate. I'm running Mac 10.7.4 so hoping its sweet on here.

EDIT: Works great mate, does exactly what it should. Cheers boss!

Thanks! 10.7 and 10.8 are supported, it's 10.5 and 10.6 that give me headache for now. They need an older version of the OS X SDK and 32-bit support. MacAssistant is currently 64bit only.

Mine's crashing as soon as it finishes loading.

Running Mountain Lion on one of the new Retina MBP's.

Can you please post any more details on the crash? I'd appreciate it if you could upload your saved game somewhere so I can take a look why it's crashing. The OS version and the hardware shouldn't be a problem.

Mine's crashing as soon as it finishes loading.

Running Mountain Lion on one of the new Retina MBP's.

Mine's doing the same, same laptop but not downloaded the latest Mountain Lion.

Once I've clicked the game I wish to load and literally the moment its finished (I think) the program crashes and closes.

Mine's doing the same, same laptop but not downloaded the latest Mountain Lion.

Once I've clicked the game I wish to load and literally the moment its finished (I think) the program crashes and closes.

Thanks, I'm gonna need your savegame to fix this problem, it's clearly a loading problem.

MacAssistant is working great for me now. For the next version would it be possible to add the possibility to clear the options in the "Search" dialogue box? Currently it seems you can remove all but one option.

Yes, this is something that is scheduled to be fixed in 0.3. The only issue that I'm facing with this now is that if I enable the option to remove all items, you can even remove the first item and it breaks the functionality

Sorry, that's my mistake, thought the update was for mine, completely my fault, sorry.

No need to apologise mate! Can you download the following file: https://github.com/downloads/thanoulas/MacAssistant-2012/MacAssistant2012-10.6.dmg

It should be working now.

Everyone with 10.5 and 10.6 can you check this link and report if it works now? Thanks!

No need to apologise mate! Can you download the following file: [/color]https://github.com/downloads/thanoulas/MacAssistant-2012/MacAssistant2012-10.6.dmg

It should be working now.

Everyone with 10.5 and 10.6 can you check this link and report if it works now? Thanks!

Just loaded it, but seems to be crashing when loading competitions, well taking ages, left it and still doesn't load unfortunately.

Just loaded it, but seems to be crashing when loading competitions, well taking ages, left it and still doesn't load unfortunately.

This is good because at least it starts now. It sounds like a loading problem, any chance you could upload your savegame somewhere so I can fix it?

This is good because at least it starts now. It sounds like a loading problem, any chance you could upload your savegame somewhere so I can fix it?

I can have a go, I'll try mediafire. Just tried a different save of mine and it went past competitions, but force closed on competition histories?

EDIT: Tried mediafire, file's too big too upload, it's 265mb, dunno where else there is for free.

Try compressing the file and splitting it in two, then you should be able to upload to mediafire.

Here's some instructions:

Right-click on the file, select Compress "file.fm"

when it's done, move it to the Desktop and open Terminal.app

type (the ↵ sign is the return key):

cd ~/Desktop

zip existing.zip --out new.zip -s 100m

You should have two new files on your desktop possibly a zip and a .z01 file or something like that.

Upload these two files on mediafire

Thanks for your help!

Try compressing the file and splitting it in two, then you should be able to upload to mediafire.

Here's some instructions:

Right-click on the file, select Compress "file.fm"

when it's done, move it to the Desktop and open Terminal.app

type (the ↵ sign is the return key):

cd ~/Desktop

zip existing.zip --out new.zip -s 100m

You should have two new files on your desktop possibly a zip and a .z01 file or something like that.

Upload these two files on mediafire

Thanks for your help!

Tried that, just came up with an error, but after compressing it, it's only 60mb, should I just upload that?

Archived