Allez les bleus! The France thread

Orzelek

I think I have things put into perspective. We have not done better than at the last two tournaments yet. In the last two years, for every game we looked good, I can cite 3 we were awful. The 20+ unbeaten run is flattering.

I look at our crop of players and I think we should do better.

I am only pointing at a tactical problem that was easy to foresee and needs correction. I don't know if it will be corrected, it's a pity we enter the tournament making this mistake. Three games go fast.

Blanc can't drop big names. He is trying to accomodate everyone in an imperfect system.

I am frustrated tonight at the lack of logic in some of the decisions taken. We had hungry and talented young players looking at this slow paced game from the bench and they were not given a chance.

Hey but I am still hopeful :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's a good and healthy reaction after the humiliation against Sweden tbf. They are competitor, full of adrenalin, it's expected. When I was playing, whenever we lose against a so called weaker opponent, the changing room wasn't quiet, there were a lot of explanation to say the least.

Everyone knows you can't beat Spain ;). Now Sweden is more of "everyone for himself" mentality

Blanc screwed up when he made the team defensive without any ability to counterattack. Should've watched Chelsea, a nearly perfect defensive formation but they rode their luck especially against Bayern

I said Blanc was a cautious coach and I think he showed his true colours against Spain.

When he started at Bordeaux, he said he wouldn't last long in management and that he had other plans for for the future. Probably in some football governing body or chairman somewhere or whatever.

He wanted the France job from the beginning but needed to prove himself a bit at a club before that. After France, he'll move on.

So many things he said for the last two years.

He says he doesn't need to go watch games live as he can watch them on TV.

When asked about a particular game, CL or important Ligue 1 game, he invariably replies that he is not going to lie, he hasn't watched it and can't comment.

First time he was asked about a game that was broadcasted on Orange, one of the 2 French rights owners of Ligue 1, he said he was not going to lie, he hasn't subscribed to Orange, can't watch games and can't comment.

When Mexes punched Boriello, it was much talked about in the French media as it was only a few days before an international game where Blanc said he would decide on the team's captain for the Euro. Blanc had said before that Mexes was one potential captain on his mind so there was some controversy, would Blanc name him ?

Asked about it midweek at a press conference at Clairefontaine, he said he was not going to lie, he hadn't watched it yet... but had planned to do so and will comment afterwards...

He's also said he doesn't like day-to-day training, it bores him...

He has an army of staff, Jean-Louis Gasset is apparently doing the bulk of the work, training, scouting etc...

In a patronizing tone, he laughed at journalists who were asking if he would call Bafé Gomis at some point. He said that, of course, he knew that Gomis just had a few good games but he reminded them that Gomis was only a sub at Lyon and that they shouldn't get too enthusiastic about a player just for a few good games. The next day, the press printed Gomis stats, most used player last season after Lloris...

I could go on and on and on...

He will be heavily criticised for that. He is a quitter, he did the same at Bordeaux. He can't leave like this after all that he said.

Deschamps was expected to leave Marseille after last season's nightmare. He didn't resigned to everyone's surprise. The club can't fire him as it would cost them too much. At first, it was thought he was playing some mind games trying to negociate a fee for his departure. But it looked that he was staying after all and amazingly, after having fallen out with all his players, he would start the new season.

Two days after France's defeat to Spain and a week before training resumes at Marseille, Deschamps resigned. First clue on what would follow.

Then it was "leaked" that Deschamps and the FFF president had met earlier this year to discuss the French job, if anything bad happened...

Blanc and Deschamps have the same agent, Bernès.

A controversy starts to take foot. It was all decided monthes ago, it's all staged now and everyone is managing his public image.

Blanc also left because of money issue. The FFF didn't want to pay for all his staff any longer.

And imho he have a seat at White Heart Lane waiting for his bottom. And anyone will know how much a rip off he is then.

He had a staff of 22 ! With him, they were as many as the players for the Euro...

Blanc got all he wanted from the previous president after the WC2010 debacle but truly it's a bit too much.

If he really wanted to continue, he could have accepted to reduce his staff.

Is Tottenham big enough for him ?

He waited for years before taking his first managerial job. He was interviewed for the France's job in 2004 and has been linked to several clubs before that already. He took Bordeaux only in 2008. During all that time, he was officially looking for a job in football but only seemed to consider teams with winning perspectives on the short term.

I don't think Tottenham has realistic chances of winning the EPL in the short term and that Blanc wants to risk his reputation.

We will see what happens.

Is Deschamps backpedalling now ? Reports are that he wouldn't accept France.

OM resumed training today with no manager.

Archived