Jack's Journeyman Career

JackJCFC

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Playoffs are definitely a real possibility.
Doubt you could get automatic promotion, so I hope you get promoted via the playoffs but they can sometimes be extremely unlucky for some FM players.
Play-offs look your best bet, but they look like they're going to be very tough.

i have my doubts about making the playoff's but i like your optimitism :D I think its more of a realistic aim next season if i can get the right players in.

February 2017

Derby (A): 3-1. Derby took an early lead but we equalised quickly through an own goal. Derby then took the lead again before half time. The 2nd half was fairly even with both sides having good chances, but Derby got a 3rd in injury time after we pushed forward.

Bolton (A): 1-1. We took an early lead but Bolton dominated the match. They managed to get their goal mid way through the 2nd half and were unlucky not to win the game.

Norwich (H): 4-1. Norwich were unlucky not to take the lead in the first half, eventually they did score on the 60th minute. However, Byrne came off the bench to get 4 goals in the final half hour in a great solo performance.

Sheffield United (H): 1-0. Cox put us ahead in the first half but it was Sheffield United who were the better team, fortunately for us they were wasteful infront of goal.

Blackpool (A): 0-3. First half goals from Cox and Dikagoi gave us a 2-0 going into half time, Cox then got his 2nd from a free kick to give us a comfortable victory.

League

A tough start of the month for us put us 7 points behind the playoff’s but a change of tactic to 4-3-3 has led to some great results which has a competing up there once again.

Youth Intake

Just had my youth take and had these two players come through. Both have leading Premier league potential and are already League 1 standard. If they progress fast enough they may have some use next year!

Player 1 'The new Michael Owen'

Player 2 'The new Danny Murphy'

March 2017

Nottm Forest (H): 1-0. A quiet game, with the only goal coming from Miquel in the 2nd half.

Cardiff (A): 1-1. We took an early lead through Dikagoi and controlled the first half, however, Cardiff equlaised against the run of play and we were unable to grab a 2nd goal for the win.

Wolves (H): 2-2. We had the more chances in the first half but Wolves had a 2-0 lead as they were the more clinical. However, after a stern team talk we came out stronger in the 2nd half with Ball getting 2 goals for a well earned point.

Brighton (A): 5-0. Worst performance of my career so far. 3-0 down at half time and absolutely no fight back in the 2nd. Not only does this make playoff’s further away, it destroys morale which im sure will affect future results.

Coventry (A) 1-1. Dominated the game but Coventry took a 2nd half lead, Byrne managed to get one back for us for a point.

League

Had a couple of decent results towards the beginning of the month but really fell apart at the end. Playoff’s look unlikely now.

Very nice Youth Intake! :thup:
Both players look like they can go on to have success in the future.

Indeed, i was really excited to see those 2 come through, got a couple more championship standard players too. Ill definitly be trying to poach those players in the future when i leave.

April 2017

Watford (A): 1-1. It looked to be heading for 0-0 but we took the lead on the 81st minute. However, Watford managed to grab an equaliser on the 93rd, robbing us of 3 points.

Swansea (H): 3-1. A great win for us, Rees and Pedroza put us ahead in the first half before youngster Molesley got our 3rd, Swansea pulled one back shortly after through a penalty.

Ipswich (H): 2-0. Byrne put us ahead at the very end of the first half, whilst in the 2nd half, Pedroza got another goal to kill the game off.

Wigan (A): 0-0. We were the better team, we just couldn’t finish our chances.

Sheffield Wednesday (H): 0-0. Same as before, wasteful. Means we can no longer make the playoff’s.

Preston (A): 1-0. Played a few youths and had over 25 shots, Molesley got the winner in the last few minutes, we were down to 10 men for the last 15 minutes after Cox was sent off for arguing over a disallowed goal.

League

Overall a decent month for us, just far too inconsistent infront of goal, unfortunate not to make the playoffs.

Crystal Palace 2016-2017

League

Predicted: 8th

Finished: 7th

Took over when the team were lingering around the relegation zone after about 18 games so cant argue with the season we had. We had some very good spells but we were a bit too inconsistent to be able to push higher up the table and contend for promotion. One problem we have is that all but one of our strikers are league 1 standard.

League

Cups

Got to the 4th round of the FA Cup where we lost to Sunderland.

Transfers

Bought in a few players on frees but none of them really stood out or done that well. An overhaul needed this summer.

Transfers

Finances

Finances are terrible, we are over £3million in the red and losing around 500k a month but theres not much I can do about it, we need to offer decent wages to be able to attract better players.

Finances

Old Team news

Southport finished 2nd in League two to win promotion to league 1.

Excelsior finished 17th in Eredivisie and stayed up via relegation playoff.

P.Ferreira won promotion back to the Premier league.

IK Frej are back into the Swedish first division North.

This wouldnt be a journeyman save without moving clubs. I applied for the vacant Wolves job and got offered a 2 year deal as manager, they just finished 3rd in the Championship having been relegated the season before.

League

What really attracted me to the job, aswell as a better squad of players, was the £18million transfer kitty! This was compared to no transfer money at Crystal Palace.

The squad is generally pretty good although there are several old and overpaid players there that i shall look to offload.

Finances are doing great, i assume due to the parachute payments.

August 2017

Blackpool (A): 2-3. We went 2-0 down within 10 minutes but pulled 2 goals back before half time. We then went on and grabbed a winner in the 91st minute.

League Cup 1st Round

Barnet (A): 0-3. Played the backups and Obika (2) and Sessegnon got on the scoresheet.

Sheffield United (H): 3-0. Obika and Rhodes put us ahead in the first half before Ben-Haim added a 3rd in the second half for an easy win.

Sheffield Wednesday (A): 0-4. Cozzoni and Frimpong put us ahead before Vokes game of the bench to bag a brace.

Watford (H): 1-0. We had over 20 shots but it as Cohens strike early in the first half that got us the 3 points.

League Cup 2nd Round

Sheffield Wednesday (H): 3-1. Played the backup players again and it was another straightforward win to progress.

League

100% record so far so cant really ask for more, had a shaky start against Blackpool but that seemed to pass almost immediately. Long may it continue!

September 2017

Luton (A): 0-7. An absolute rout as expected, good for the goal difference.

Ipswich (H): 2-0. Doyle and Zaoui scored either side of half time for the victory, keeping up our 100% record.

Norwich (A): 0-1. We weren’t quite on our game today, nevertheless, Ben-Haim got a 83rd minute goal for the win.

League Cup 3rd Round

Notts Forest (H): 1-0. Played the reserve players in this cup again, and it was Bosnjek who got the goal 10 minutes from time to put us through.

Blackburn (H): 1-1. Again we were slightly complacent, we took the lead with 15 minutes to go but Blackburn got one back immediately.

League

We’re progressing well in the league cup despite playing reserves, however we face Man City next. In the league we are still top although in recent games we have become complacent, need to keep up good form as its tough at the top.

You done really well to turn the clubs fortunes around last season. Shame you didnt make the play-offs but all seems to be forgotten as you have made an excellent start this season.

You done really well to turn the clubs fortunes around last season. Shame you didnt make the play-offs but all seems to be forgotten as you have made an excellent start this season.

Yeah it as a close one last season but the resources at Crystal Palace were stretched, im not surprised to see them lingering near the bottom already this season.

October 2017

Coventry (A): 0-2. Cozzoni and Doyle both scored in the first half in a pretty easy win.

Brighton (H): 2-2. Brighton took the lead early on but we got one back straight away. Brighton then took then lead again mid way though the 2nd half but we replied with a goal of our own. In the end it was a draw, we probably should have won given we had around 20 shots.

Nottm Forest (A): 2-1. We took the lead through Doyle but Forest equalised through a penalty, they then got the winner in the 92nd minute.

Wigan (H): 3-0. Back to winning ways in a comfortable game we dominated.

Middles bough (A): 1-3. We went 1-0 down in the first half but a 2nd half hat trick from Rhodes got us the 3 points.

League

Its very close at the top and we just about sit in 2nd place, the good thing is that we are comfortably in the top 6, but im aiming for an automatic promotion place this year.

November 2017

League Cup 4th Round

Man City (A): 1-0. We didn’t have a shot the whole game but we managed to hold them out until an 80th minute corner, not a bad defensive performance.

Charlton (H): 1-1. We scored just after half time but they got one back with 10 minutes left, a poor result and a match we should have won.

Portsmouth (A): 0-1. Rhodes scored an early goal and that was all that was needed for the 3 points in a competent performance.

Leeds (A): 1-3. We 1-0 down in the first half but 3 goals in the last 20 minutes got us a deserved win.

Rotherham (H): 3-0. A first half hat trick from Doyle gave us the lead and it was just a matter of holding on in the 2nd half.

League

A good month for us, we held our own against Man City and we’ve managed to grab top spot again going into December. A good month for us here should help our cause.

December 2017

Southampton (H): 3-3. Rhodes put us ahead twice in the first half and Doyle put us 3-2 up just before half time. We looked to be heading for a win until we scored an own goal 3 minutes from the end.

Swansea (A): 0-2. We took a first half lead through a corner before Rhodes put the game beyond doubt with another goal in the second half.

Hull (H): 1-1. Rhodes put us ahead early on but Hull equalised early in the 2nd half, not a great performance from us.

Crystal Palace (A): 1-4. The return to my former club proved to be a pleasant one. We went in at half time 3-1 up thanks in part to 2 Rhodes goals. Paulus then added a 4th for us late in the 2nd half.

West Ham (H): 3-1. After a poor first half, Frimpong, Cohen and Doyle put us comfortably ahead before West Ham grabbed a late consolation.

Preston (H): 3-0. After a fairly flat first half performance, we came out in the 2nd half a much better team, scoring 3 goals with 2 coming from substitutes.

Blackpool (H): 0-0. A dull game which we should have won.

League

An almost perfect month apart from a couple of draws. We’ve started to pull away in the race for the title and we’re comfortably in the promotion places.

January 2018

Sheffield United (A) : 2-4. We went behind twice in the first half but pulled it back both times. In the 2nd half, Obika got 2 goals to give us the 3 points.

Sheffield Wednesday (H): 2-0. A dominating performance with 2 second half goals the difference.

FA Cup 3rd Round

Notts Forest (A): 0-1. We had over 22 shots and it was a Stam free kick in the first half that gave us the win.

Watford (A): 0-2. Rhodes put us ahead in the first half with Frimpong scoring a 2nd late on to seal the win.

Luton (H): 0-0. Dominated the game but the players were rather complacent infront of goal, a poor result.

League

An almost perfect month for us, that said, Southampton have gained 2 points on us since last month. The good news is that both us and Southampton have pulled away even further from the chasing pack.

February 2018

FA Cup 4th Round

Stoke (A): 1-0. We played well on the counter attack, creating a few chances and defending solidly, but Stoke eventually broke through on the 91st minute to win the game which as a bit of a killer.

Ipswich (A): 0-3. Rhodes and Doyle got first half goals whilst Cozzoni completed his comeback from long term injury with a goal in the 2nd half.

Norwich (H): 3-1. We went 3 up in the first half but Norwich pulled one back early in the second half, nonetheless, it proved to be a comfortable win.

Blackburn (A): 1-2. Cohen scored twice to put us in the lead, Blackburn equalised late on in the first half and were unable to find another goal to pull it back.

Brighton (A): 1-0. We dominated the game but struggled to score, Brighton then stole the points on the 88th minute.

Coventry (H): 5-1. We went behind early on but Rhodes (2) and Sessegnon gave us a comfortable lead going into half time. Rhodes then completed his hat trick in the 2nd half before an own goal provided the 5th.

League

A decent month for us, we went out of the FA cup in a tough game rather unfortunately. The defeat to Brighton was the 2nd for us in the league this year but we remains in first place. The big news this month is that we managed to get Daniel Sturridge on a free.

March 2018

Notts Forest (H): 2-0. Cohen put us ahead just after half time then Sturridge scored a 2nd towards the end of the game.

Wigan (A): 1-1. Wigan took an early lead but Paulus equalised later in the first half. The 2nd half was poor with Frimpong being sent off late on.

Middlesbrough (H): 6-0. An easy win with Rhodes (2), Vokes and both CB’s proving the goals.

Charlton (A): 1-1. Charlton took the lead in the first half and equalised straight away in the 2nd half from an own goal. Overall this was a poor performance and result but it guarantees us a playoff place.

Portsmouth (H): 3-1. Goals from Cohen, Sturridge and Kohler put us ahead, with Portsmouth getting one back late on.

Rotherham (A): 0-4. A simple win with Doyle (2), Rhodes and Sturridge on the scoresheet.

Southampton (A): 0-3. Rhodes and Vokes got early goals to give us the lead whilst Sturridge added a third in the 2nd half of what was an easier than expected match. With this win we are promoted.

League

A good month for us with the highlight being the win at Southampton and promotion, just need to make sure we win the league now. In the youth intake there were no players of any real quality.

April 2018

Leeds (H): 3-2. Early goals from Cohen and Sturridge put us ahead, Leeds got a goal back just after half time but Tomkins made it 3 shortly after. Leeds got a 2nd towards the end of the match for a nervy finish.

Swansea (H): 3-0. Paulus (2) and Cohen got the goals in a straightforward win.

Hull (A): 1-0. A keeper mistake in the first half gifted them a goal and we were poor in attack throughout the match.

Crystal Palace (H): 0-2. Awful result, awful performance. Crystal Palace scored twice in the first half and we were far too complacent, we had 20 shots to their 5 but played like it was a friendly. Leaves the title hanging in the balance.

West Ham (A): 3-2. We went 2-0 down in 10 minutes with an awful start. We managed to make it 2-2 but with 5 minutes left West Ham got a winner. Luckily Southampton also lost, meaning we are 1st by a point.

League

A terrible month for us, we’ve lost more games this month than we had done for the whole of the season before, a clear sign of the players becoming complacent.

May 2018

Preston (A): 1-1. We took the lead through Vokes but Preston were the better team, scoring with 3 minutes left. The worst part was that Southampton were 2-0 down but managed to come back and win in the last 15 minutes meaning we finish 2nd. Cant explain how annoyed I am, we threw it away at the end there.

League

Wolves 2017-18

League

Predicted: 4th

Finished: 2nd

We got over 100 points, over 100 goals and looked set to win the title having been 1st for all but 5 matches. However, terrible form in the final 5 games meant we dropped to 2nd on the final day in the most frustrating moment of my career so far.

I was pretty confident going into the premier league next season but that final month has really made me doubt the team and im not sure I even want to be here next year. Seriously considering leaving and going to another Premier league team or just abroad altogether.

League

Cups

Got to the 4th round of the FA Cup where we lost to Stoke

Lost in the 4th round of the league cup to Man City.

Transfers

Spent a lot of money this season and it paid off.

Transfers

Cozzoni

Paulus

Finances

Had over £17million in the bank at the start of the season, but we were losing £2million a month due to high wages which has left us in the red at the end.

I hope to have a decent transfer budget so i can improve the team, the money next season should help us.

Finances

So i had quite a few teams interesting in getting me as manager including Aston Villa and Mainz in the Bundesliga. However, the team that offered me a job was Beleneneses in Portugal, they just finished 5th meaning that they will be in the Europa League next season, this was the big attraction for me as its a great way to get recognised as a manager. Aswell as that i feel i should give Portugal a proper go as last time i left within 2 months!!

Table

Squad

The squad looks decent, definitly needs improving in areas, i think a goalkeeper will be my focus but we only have a small £400k budget.

August 2018

EURO Cup 3rd Qualifying Round

FC Lahti (H): 5-0. The draw was kind to us and we put the tie to bed in the first leg with goals from strikers Sakir and Kizanac (2), midfielder Vitor Gomes and defender Ferreira.

EURO Cup 3rd Qualifying Round

FC Lahti (A): 1-4. Sablic put us ahead but we had a man sent off shortly after. The other goals were scored by Ferreira, Guilherme and Mxabo.

Boavista (A): 3-4. We went 2-0 down after 20 minutes but pulled one back before half time from a corner. We then got a 2nd soon after half time but Boavista took the lead once more. Substitute Lanfranchi then made it 3-3 with 13 minutes left before we went down to 10 men through injury. Nonetheless, Sakir was on hand to bag a winner 4 minutes from the end.

EURO Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Rijeka (A): 0-3. Gomes put us ahead in the first half whilst goals from Ferreira and Krizanac gave us a good lead going into the 2nd leg.

Vit. Guimaraes (H): 1-0. Krizanac put us ahead after 2 minutes and it proved to be the difference. It was a deserved win, we had over 20 shots to their 8.

EURO Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Rijeka (H): 1-0. Played the reserve and backup players and Steven got the only goal of the game in the 2nd half to send us in the group stage.

League

The draw for the EURO cup was very kind and has allowed us to progress into the group stage, I look forward to seeing how we fare against some stronger teams. Meanwhile in the league we’ve had a good start with 2 decent wins.

September 2018

Sporting (A): 3-0. We had a terrible start, giving away 2 goals in the first 10 minutes. We then conceded a penalty in the 2nd half.

Academica (H): 0-0. We had plenty of chances to win but wasted them all, poor result.

EURO Cup Group Stage

Stuttgart (A): 5-3. We took the lead twice in the first half but they pulled it back both times. They ran rampant in the 2nd half, going 5-2 up before we grabbed a late goal.

Operario Acores (H): 3-1. Gomes put us ahead in the first half before Krizanac got 2 in the second half, we conceded late on.

Olhanense (A): 1-3. We conceded early on but goals just before and after half time put us ahead before Krizanac finished it off with a 3rd near the end.

League

We had a tough start to the EURO Cup, losing to the top seed Stuttgart. However, we are doing well in the league and currently sit in 2nd place rather unexpectedly. I doubt we’ll be able to stay the top though as quality outside of the starting 11 is very low.

Archived