Ryan,,,

University challenge

11 posts in this topic

Quite a simple challenge. Nothing too hard.

We all know that Oxford and Cambridge are the best Universities in the world. So, here's the idea, you have to take either Oxford United, Cambridge City, or Cambridge United to be European champions, so not only will they have the best Universities in the World, but also one of the top teams.

That's all you have to do. Don't care how many leagues you load, etc. Just take one of the above to the Champions Cup title.

Any rules? Read some other challenges and see what you have missed out.

Okay. The rules.

You have to complete this challenge within 20 years. If you do it before hand you may attempt to try it with one of the other teams. Or try with all three if you like.

The CL winning side must have no more than three non-English players and has to have at least two Oxford/Cambridge born players.

To complete this challenge you have to: Win the CL with 2 or all of the teams, or have to win it three times with one.

Hope you enjoy.

It suddenly seems alot harder than i had anticipated. The two Oxford/Cambridge born players especially.

It suddenly seems alot harder than i had anticipated. The two Oxford/Cambridge born players especially.

Done it before, I won the Champions League with Oxford, Although it was without any Oxford born players.

They don't have to start, or even play, they just have to be in the match squad of the final, and to have played five games in any competition in that season.

If you think about it, by the time you've got to Champs League final, chances are you'll have some pretty good youth players from Ox/Camb!

The CL winning side must have no more than three non-English players and has to have at least two Oxford/Cambridge born players.

You might as well just say homegrown players not Oxford/Cambridge born, especially since you link it to the university and I don't know anyone at Cambridge born in Cambridge :)

Done it before, I won the Champions League with Oxford, Although it was without any Oxford born players.

Is there anything you haven't done? ;)

Is there anything you haven't done? ;)

Cheated of course ;)

I think the Oxford challenge will be easier, becuase the Oxford born players are much better.

Dean Whitehead, Dexter Blackstock, Matthew Taylor, errr.... Chris Hackett? Mind you, I doubt Matty will want to come back to us (our youth coaches rejected him after a trial telling him he was too fat).