Strange but true...

So, has anyone any tales of strange, unlikely or entertaining things that have happened in their games?

I've had the chance to witness Wayne Rooney be appointed England manager.

I signed comedy name of the year, Julian Bender, from.... Young Boys.

Spectacular fall from grace - Coventry City now in the Blue Square North.

I had FC united of Manchester beat Manchester city in the FA cup 4th round and then lose to Manchester United in the Semi final. Of course I was managing them. They were still only a league 2 team at the time though.

Frank Lampard was named manager of the year in the Championship

Swansea got relegated from premiership, championship and league 1 in 3 straight seasons

I'm only in season 6 and Leicester city are 18th in the blue square premier and Stevenage are 3rd in the championship with 6 games remaining(I've managed neither club). That's what I like about the latest versions, the past versions always had the same teams yoyo-ing.

It's interesting to see what really small clubs get promoted into the Blue Square North and South from whatever pool they are drawn from. I was astonished when North Ferriby United got into the BSN. North Ferriby is a crappy, large village over the river Humber from me. Mind you they only lasted a year before sinking into anonymity again.

• SI Staff
I was astonished when North Ferriby United got into the BSN. North Ferriby is a crappy, large village over the river Humber from me. Mind you they only lasted a year before sinking into anonymity again.

I wouldn't say it was that unfeasible, they've come pretty close to being promoted into the BSN in real life a couple of times in recent years!

I wouldn't say it was that unfeasible, they've come pretty close to being promoted into the BSN in real life a couple of times in recent years!

lol you misunderstand, i think this is great. I didn't even know they had a football team so it was a real surprise when they were promoted. I love checking to see what obscure teams suddenly appear.

Meanwhile, FC United of Manchester are currently storming through the leagues in my game. They are into League 1 - without the benefit of a human manager.

• SI Staff
Deportivo La Coruna is looking for a new manager. As I checked the team roster I realized why: There was just one player on it???

I presume they are in an inactive league? - if so that will be the reason (clubs in inactive leagues frequently will have only a sub-set of their squad as real-players but the level of performance will be balanced by the grey players at the club being realistic for their stature).

FC United of Manchester are also storming through the lower leagues in my games.

I had a regen I was interested in called "Martin Martin". It made me think about trying to get a whole team of them, along the lines of "Neville Neville" etc.

Some great player names when you go Portugese or Brazilian, Penafiel of Portugal have got a player called 'Corona', there's a couple of other Portugese players called 'China', others called 'Kikas' and '*****' one called 'Billy', which reminds me of a time when Forest weren't the laughing stock of English football - roughly about 8 months ago, and the best one of all - 'Tarzan' a real player at a Portugese semi-pro club called Benfica C.Branco.

Archived