SI, have you considered making games based on other sports?

What about Software Development Manager?

You could choose to take over a small indie games company or an established giant. Pick a genre and develop a game. You could quickly bash out a crappy FPS clone for a fast buck or dive into a long development phase for a entirely new game environment.

Maybe you fancy cutting back on development costs by releasing the game chock full of bugs and using customer feedback to develop patches. Will the savings be worth it in the long run? Or perhaps you fancy aiming for the holy grail of releasing a game that has been completely tested to run on all possible pc configurations and is totally bug free. Can you survive the long development period?

Scout the world for regen staff who hold the key to the next big thing, make your game mod friendly or lock it down with DRM. The choice is yours.

You are the Software Development Manager.

You could choose to take over a small indie games company or an established giant. Pick a genre and develop a game. You could quickly bash out a crappy FPS clone for a fast buck or dive into a long development phase for a entirely new game environment.

Maybe you fancy cutting back on development costs by releasing the game chock full of bugs and using customer feedback to develop patches. Will the savings be worth it in the long run? Or perhaps you fancy aiming for the holy grail of releasing a game that has been completely tested to run on all possible pc configurations and is totally bug free. Can you survive the long development period?

Scout the world for regen staff who hold the key to the next big thing, make your game mod friendly or lock it down with DRM. The choice is yours.

Sounds a bit like Game Dev Story.

Ah, Game Dev Story- I was thinking the same thing, great little game. Although I never really got into Kairosoft's football game. Actually, thinking about it, I'm pretty sure that the aforementioned SI programmer (Rob Cooper) put together a software development game not too far from what you were describing. Might have to hunt around, see if I can turn that up.

Also, Merc's analysis of the SI game is fantastic.

Reminds me Segagaga. :)

Anybody knows if the licenses for NHL would be expensive? Has it been a problem in the past? Because I think the biggest sport except soccer would be ice-hockey. Southern Europe would have no idea but I believe North America and northern Europe would be very interested.

Someone mentioned MMA. I guess UFC (Zuffa) would be interested in investing/contributing to that kind of game as they work their asses off trying to expand the sport. Don't think it would look anywhere near FM though.

If someone still has hopes for a ice-hockey sim I can recommend this site as they are trying to recreate EHM. http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=89

I'm not involved myself but I try to check in once in a while to see the progress. Looks promising if you like indie. Peace out.

Basketball is the fastest growing team sport, and popular in China, the Balkans, Spain, Greece, the Baltic Nations, Russia, Turkey and America.

I think a basketball manager, with NBA AND Euroleague teams and Chinese league would be the sickest game in the world, and it would be easier to scout because there aren't as many basket ball players out there as there are footballers.

I would buy this game if it was just NBA manager but adding Euroleagues would maybe attract the European market better and make the game more profitable.

Archived