FM12: Blackpool F.C. – ‘The Tangerine Dream (Of Bouncebackability)'

Mooki3

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love Suchy on FM, a serious player. Who is the other guy?
The other guy is a young Bulgarian keeper called Iliev. I always picked him up in FM11 for £45k, but is highly rated IRL hence a more realistic price in FM12.

What Bonito said. My apologies for getting the name wrong :D Like last time, if you'd like a screenshot just ask :)

Haha, no worries pal!! Sounds decent!!

Here's my latest 'in' with my new influx of cash- £7.25m, but he's U18 (so he's elligable for me to buy) & I've seen him playing for Arsenal on another game looking very good and my scout sems to rate him too;

rafinhap.jpg

i'm up to second after a couple of wins. lost to table topping west ham 1-0 via a flaming last minute penatly :( they lost their last game so i am 2 points behind them after 10 games.

grandin has only made 4(1) apperances, but not injured.

sanogo hasn't done much, every shot he takes hits the keeper or misses narrowly.. he scored once though.

beat swansea in the league cup on penaltys after coming from behind twice, then drew man city.. :(

I've just beaten Norwich (of Premier League fame) 6-0 to reach the Semi-finals of the Carling Cup, also played Chelsea (the jammiest 1-0 ever) along the way- the best thing is, that I'm using the competition to rest my first XI and try out a few younger players. Might need to reassess that 1st XI!! Anyhow, reckon I can win it, first season??

I've just beaten Norwich (of Premier League fame) 6-0 to reach the Semi-finals of the Carling Cup, also played Chelsea (the jammiest 1-0 ever) along the way- the best thing is, that I'm using the competition to rest my first XI and try out a few younger players. Might need to reassess that 1st XI!! Anyhow, reckon I can win it, first season??

Hmmm... Manc Utd in the Semis...

ANyway, off to bed, night folks.

The bounce back ability is all good here!

It all came down to the last day for us and Pompey, luckily they could only achieve a draw to under-achieving West Ham on the final day;

league.png

Player of the Season in my view has to be;

eardley.png

Racking up the assists, goals mainly from peno's and freekicks.

So, Premier league take 2! Bring it on.

I have a game up to 2018 with Blackpool, if anyone wants to know anything specific...

Do you have any players that you started with still in any of your squads?

How cool have the board been to you long term- i.e. does this generosity (training / youth facilitation / stadium expansions & extra spends)?

What have you won in that time?

How are; Chris Kettings (GK), Adam Dodd (DL), Louis Almond (AML/ST), Tom Barkhuizen (AMR/ST), Liam Tomsett (AMC), Mark Halstead (GK), Gerardo Bruna (AML), Thomas Ince (AML) doing? (They're the only YTS players I've kept on)

Oh, and Matt Phillips- he looks absolutely amazing!! My mission is to make him an England regular, and I'm fairly sure I can do it. Does he have a cap on your game?

The bounce back ability is all good here!

It all came down to the last day for us and Pompey, luckily they could only achieve a draw to under-achieving West Ham on the final day;

league.png

Player of the Season in my view has to be;

eardley.png

Racking up the assists, goals mainly from peno's and freekicks.

So, Premier league take 2! Bring it on.

Good man!! Always stronger the 2nd time around too!!

Eardly is brilliant isn't he, scored a magnificent hat-trick for me earlier this season. The reason he gets so many assists is he almost plays as a winger much of the time and does it well too- gets caught out sometimes but hey, I'm all about the attacking football! Blackpool's very own (Welsh) Dani Alves!!

I've just reached the 1st Jan and been offered to change my budget... Going to go have some lunch and have a wee think about it!

changeprediction.jpg

Top of the league by 6 points- and enjoying throwing the cash about on 48 month deals for players for the future who should have a huge resale value... You see it's not wild spending, it's educated investing :p

I've just reached the 1st Jan and been offered to change my budget... Going to go have some lunch and have a wee think about it!

changeprediction.jpg

Top of the league by 6 points- and enjoying throwing the cash about on 48 month deals for players for the future who should have a huge resale value... You see it's not wild spending, it's educated investing :p

Wow, that's a generous choice of budgets! It's got to be a (Blackpool) mile above any other team outside of the top flight in Europe hasn't it? After I finish ruining my Reading save am looking to have a bash at this!

Just about to start one up now. How's everyone getting on? What league/year is everyone in?

Good luck mate, I'm still in first season, I'd put money on the fact I'm going up (probs as Champion too) however. You only get the £4m to start off with, but you can obv. spend that over 48 and make it £16, you should get an injection in Nov and Jan too... To be honest you can probs ask for one at the start if you wish!! Anyhow like I said, good luck, look forward to chattin wit you.

BTW guys, just a bit of advice, most of you will already be doing this but make sure your using: Kevin Phillips and Matt Hill as tutors- they're two of the best around!! Also; Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Miguel Llera, Mark Howard and Stephen Crainey will also help your YTS players develop much faster.

Yeah boy!!! Beat Manc Utd 1-2 at Old Trafford in the 1st leg of my CC Semi!!!

1-1 in the 2nd leg!! On our way to Wembley!!

EDT: Against West Brom... Considering who I've beaten to get there... Winnable!! #EuropaLeague???

Not having the best of pre seasons with just one game left...

My opening 3 games don't look to tasty either, being Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs...

can any one recomend some good young players or highley rated players that will join blackpool thanks :)

Leonardo Bittencourt ;)

yaya sanogo will

you can also get players on loan from premier league

0-0 draw with millwall blergh

then

FB52513BB8BDA028ADF9FB9D63D7159048438039

first time i played clarke upfront i think. have to rotate squad a bit.

4B719402A815BE9BC176309230B18757C54A5D5C

was daring and went 4-4-2 and set it to counter. got fed up with that after 70 minutes and went 4-4-2 attack... it appeared to work, city played a strong side, with tevez, ballotelli decent defenders.

how they got zero shots on target with that team.. lol

got stoke at the brittania in the next round

can any one recomend some good young players or highley rated players that will join blackpool thanks :)

This post details my opening few transfers all aged 18 or under all absolutely beasttastic!!

My opening transfers, all U18 all look like they could become superstars...

openingtransfers.jpg

The Jan window is even better :) but you have to be doing well to pick up some of the young lads I did in that window- Rafinha (barca) / Iturbe (the next Messi :p )

This post details my opening few transfers all aged 18 or under all absolutely beasttastic!!

The Jan window is even better :) but you have to be doing well to pick up some of the young lads I did in that window- Rafinha (barca) / Iturbe (the next Messi :p )

how did uget iturb :O

Really really difficult transfer window, I probably bought it all on myself by being to fussy. So far from happy with the business that was completed. Was desperate to bring in a goalscoring poacher, which didn't happen.

BlackpoolTransfers_History-2.png

It's been a nightmare start to the season, results are as follows;

Blackpool 0-4 Liverpool

Chelsea 3-0 Blackpool

Middlesbrough 1-2 Blackpool (Carling Cup)

Blackpool 1-3 Spurs

Was never going to be easy, but was atleast hoping to come out with a point from one of them.

Early days yet.

That's not an easy start to the season Mike tho really!! You've got those 3 big guns out of the way, time to start picking up points. Though you'll have to be realistic- first season up you just have to battle against relegation- I'm sure 1 point above the drop would be a great season, then build from there!!

Scott- I've got my scouts working on players (who I know can be quite good) all the time, and this one just came back "would be interested in joining the club / would cost around £6.5.", I ended up paying £7.25- but jeez- a serious player for the future for me 4.5* potential!!

Here are the rest of my transfers, most of which are in the U18 / Reserve team and make the odd appearance in the first team. All of which are over 48 (of course!!), which is something I only do for the first season, but you need to spend a bit before they get too old! And to anyone who calls me a 'drunken sailor', I say I'm a wise investor, this squad will be worth millions in the future and they will be Premier League winners in the next 5 years... you watch my words!!!

postjantransfers.jpg

Things improved after those disasterous defeats, I beat Swansea 3-0 away straight after, then picked up a 1-0 win against Portsmouth and then beating Reading 2-0 away. So 3 defeats and 3 wins. I'm at college at the moment so thats off the top of my head.

i'm top after 20 games by 1 measly point.

my scouts keep telling me to scout championship standard players. and can someone tell me why, when i have 2 american scouts, i can not send them to the USA with the database loaded, i am linked to players over there and can't get reports.

game is still buggy, lost to southamton between these results. for some reason they can treat players on the pitch and then just play on afterwards

AD231795CDE370AB85AA1A47DF9252C1A8ED10EC

always good to beat leeds

7C9D1161D0F723F2702EEF68F17AFB1C0A1409B7

stoke pelted me with long throws and corners... and scored from a corner, which they got from 5 other corners i kept clearing. they had delap and adefender with long throws as well. pain lol

brought on my penalty strikers just after the goal as well. (materazzi is my best taker i think)

E8058CFB6AA620899AC59128C7BE0BD14DE19A7F

i am completly confused by that red card. we had just got a penalty, everyone had cleared the area, no players near ref or fouling. and he gets a second yellow? what for? and i couldn't even appeal that stupid card. they scored thier second goal because of that card as the player i was missing should be where the cross came from. and yaya sanogo... scored 2. hit the woodwork, missed a penalty, had a few shots saved.

league cup semi final draw... i got west ham lol

with either liverpool or wolves in the final

so naturally my FA cup 3rd round game is against wolves

having a sniff around the leagues for some bargains to splash transfers on.

my premier league is totaly bizzare (i'll put screenshot up of it at halfway as it is december in game)

almunia is leaving arsenal on a free, might have a go.

declared interest in christian eriksen, he said he would consider it if there is a formal bid... which there now is, i tried last time and agent said there was no interest.

also put pen to paper on a deal for the next didier drogba, aka wilfred. just waiting on work permit

Archived