catennacio

Question on work permit

17 posts in this topic

I have a player in my club that has a red box with "WP" on it. Playing as Man City. I can't put him in the squad to play. So how can I get a work permit for him to enable him to play? Loan him out?

Yes, you must loan him out to one of your affiliated clubs.

[quote name='SWaRFeGa']Yes, you must loan him out to one of your affiliated clubs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.. Tried to loan him to Swindon but he can't get a WP to go there too... Need to be outside of England where WP is not needed?

[quote name='catennacio']Thanks.. Tried to loan him to Swindon but he can't get a WP to go there too... Need to be outside of England where WP is not needed?[/QUOTE]

Yes, traditionally it's Belgium that is the best option. See if you have an affiliate there.

Don't bother with Belgium, the player has to stay there without coming back at the end of the season which is not possible

[quote name='pigfacemonkeyman']Have you tried offering him a new contract?[/QUOTE]

Tried to offer him a contract but he has been denied for a work permit... help.. is he totally useless now? what is the condition for one to be granted the work permit?

[quote name='catennacio']Tried to offer him a contract but he has been denied for a work permit... help.. is he totally useless now? what is the condition for one to be granted the work permit?[/QUOTE]

This might help explain, but don't know what, if anything, has changed for FM12.

[url]http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-players/51669-how-get-my-player-work-permit-thread.html[/url]

EDIT: This can be a bit slow to open for some reason.

[quote name='pigfacemonkeyman']This might help explain, but don't know what, if anything, has changed for FM12.

[url]http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-players/51669-how-get-my-player-work-permit-thread.html[/url]

EDIT: This can be a bit slow to open for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.. will try the suggestions there..

You need to send him to an European affiliate for around 1000 (ish) days in most cases.

Certain countries require more (Think Romania is 1500) and others less (only 600).

It'll say how long it'll take on the affiliates screen.

I click on my Stromsgodset affiliate but no where can I find the information about the work permit or days... You mean when you send your players there they will become a citizen of that country? Certainly when they are citizens then the WP issue is gone.. I can just let them stay in England for 5 years to make it happen... is this the only way?

WP good countries:
Croatia - becomes EU national by 3rd season (and takes 2 years for nationality)
Bulgaria, Poland, Romania - 3 years for nationality
Spain - 2 years for nationality (central and south americans ONLY.... and there's a foreginer restriction to 2 or 3 - depends on league)

Croatia 2 years, still too long for my 19 year old Brazilian.

I've tried searching for another team, to see if they can do it quicker

[quote name='Russ_WWFC']Croatia 2 years, still too long for my 19 year old Brazilian.

I've tried searching for another team, to see if they can do it quicker[/QUOTE]

A Spanish team will be your best bet.

[quote name='Ackter']A Spanish team will be your best bet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, looking at that Dugout post, keep offering him contracts will do the trick (maybe)

[quote name='Russ_WWFC']Thanks, looking at that Dugout post, keep offering him contracts will do the trick (maybe)[/QUOTE]

If you send him on loan then offer a contract he can sign the contract without needing a work permit (though he'll still need one to play). Means you can extend his contract and keep sending him on loan till he nationalises.