An FM Career - Now With Added Bitterness.

hursty2

Bristol City – August, September & October Update!

Results.png

PremLeagueTable.png

Well, I kind of got carried away and got 3 months into the game forgetting about my thread. So here’s 3 months all in one! As you can tell it was a rather mixed month of results, getting knocked out of the League Cup in the process. It took the new strikers a while to set into the team and that meant we couldn’t really score in the early stages of the season, leading to poor results against Sunderland and Blackburn. However, we squeezed past Liverpool with a 2-1 victory off the back of a good win in the League Cup. It wasn’t until the fifth game in the league that Mendoza got his first league goal, a 67th minute strike against Man Utd. He followed that up with two more goals in the next league fixtures, both well taken against Derby and West Ham. Weitzer also decided that he would get in on the scoring act. The next two games were disappointing, a narrow loss at the hands of Arsenal and a frustrating draw to struggling Swindon.

I have also changed the formation to a 4-3-3, the front 3 of Adelborg, Weitzer (both on the wings) and finally Mendoza spearheading the attack. I envisage bringing in Vincze, possibly on the left wing and allowing all three to rotate positions and giving them a lot of room to move.

Towards the end of August I also signed a new central midfielder, a bit part player who can come in and do a decent job as I was lacking in that area. Markus Kinzel, a 30 year old German player with magnificent passing stats but lacking in the engine department.

Kinzel.png

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Just though I'd touch base here and tell you how I've been doing with Bristol City.

As you're all aware at the end of October I was sat in mid table position and looking good for survival. I managed to continue much in the same way that I had done in the first 3 months of the season and ended up in a close relegation battle, eventually securing a second season in the premier league with a 16th place finish. It was a tough season but new signing Jose Mendoza scored 22 goals in all competitions, confirming his status as one for the future. The season was also made harder in January with the boards sale of recently signed CB, Ghaloom, leaving for 10M - double what he arrived for in the Summer. Luckily I had replaced him mid-season, well not replaced the new signing was meant to partner him. The 1.6M signing of Terry Knight was a revelation. However if we are to push on next season, much investment will be needed.

The next season I was armed with 24M to improve the squad and that's what I did, making no fewer than 9 signings for a coming in for 33.5M. That offset by the sales of Adelborg, Adams and an unsettled Vincze.

Bobby White 5M - A goal machine from recently relegated Bolton, 18 finishing, 18 composure, 17 pace. Deadly.

Hernandes 8M - A tricky brazilian winger, dribbling 17, pace 18.

Mulholland 500K - The young left back was one for the future but could do a job from the off.

Verbeek 1.2M - Another young full back.

Bailly FREE - An incredibly athletic defensive mid, agility 19, acceleration 20, pace 20, strength 16, balance 18.

Francis 7M - A pass master, passing 18, creativity 16.

Whitehead FREE - Second keeper.

Prevost 9M - Another tricky winger, dribbling 15, crossing 17.

Daberning 2.3M - Back up striker.

What happened next amazed me. By January we had won 14 games and were sat in 2nd place on cloud nine, the new team had blended well. Bobby White was top goalscorer in the league whilst Francis and Prevost were both sitting in the top 5 of the assists chart. This was by far the best start to a season I had ever had but could it continue? It was set to become harder though, when the board intervened and sold Hernandes, who I had just purchased for 8M, selling him for 18M but that didn't seem to stop us.

LEAGUE TABLE

Quite an unexpected season and one in which I kept thinking, surely we can't keep this up for any longer. It was all down to my new signings though, Bobby White finished with 28 premier league goals, the top goalscorer in the league and also the person with the most MOM awards and highest average rating. Prevost assisted 15 times whilst even bagging 12 goals for himself. Francis also assisted highly, making 12 goals throughout.

A 2nd place position was amazing, unreal and to think that it could have been better had it not been for a 4-1 loss to Blackburn in the third last game of the season, ruining out title chances. But WOW, what a season!

I had to tell everyone. :D

EDIT: I'm willing to provide screenshots of certain players too if they fancy a look.

Archived