FM12: F.C. Internazionale Milano 1908 - time to rebuilt again!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Started as Inter. No signings will be made in the first season. After that, I will slowly re-build the aging squad, but won't be making any Hollywood signings (i.e- Tevez/Goetze/Cavani) and will try and spend £20m or less, or whatever I earn through sales. I'm looking at CF, MC and AM as areas which will need strenghtening. I want to get rid of Sjneider, Maicon and Milito and Forlan, release Cordoba and Chivu and get that wage bill down, and build an Italian/S.American core.

Lining up like this;

Cesar

Maicon/Lucio/Samuel/Nagamato

Stankovic/Cambaisso/Zanetti

Sjneider

Pazzini/Zarate

Note that i'm leaving Poli and Palombo out. I don't think these players are worth displacing the midfield 3. Will see how they go but unlikely i'll be offering either a permanent deal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Started as Inter. No signings will be made in the first season. After that, I will slowly re-build the aging squad, but won't be making any Hollywood signings (i.e- Tevez/Goetze/Cavani) and will try and spend £20m or less, or whatever I earn through sales. I'm looking at CF, MC and AM as areas which will need strenghtening. I want to get rid of Sjneider, Maicon and Milito and Forlan, release Cordoba and Chivu and get that wage bill down, and build an Italian/S.American core.

Lining up like this;

Cesar

Maicon/Lucio/Samuel/Nagamato

Stankovic/Cambaisso/Zanetti

Sjneider

Pazzini/Zarate

Note that i'm leaving Poli and Palombo out. I don't think these players are worth displacing the midfield 3. Will see how they go but unlikely i'll be offering either a permanent deal.

I would offer both of these players permanent deals. Palombo can go on for years as an important player, I had him at Inter and AC Milan and was still going well into the 4th season. Poli does take patience and training but will become a key player for you. To be honest I've struggled to find really top notch Italian midfielders.

Took over half way through the season as I was going to do a MLS save, but didn't like it, Inter had just sacked Ranieri and were 8th, so added a new gaffer to them as me.

Signed a few players, as it was late in the Jan Transfer Window.

Danny - 20million

Antonio Valencia - 6million

Jon Obi Mikel - Loan 800k

Musacchio - Loan 500k

Friedrich - Free

Playing a narrow formation 4 1 1 2 2

Julio Cesar

Nagamoto Samuel Lucio Maicon

Cambassio

Mikel

Sneijder Danny

Forlan Pazzini

Teams old and am letting all those whose contract expire at the end of the year leave (Cordoba, Zanetti, Stancovich, Chivu, and a few others) planning on a complete overhaul of the side, moving to a wider, faster paced formation.

• 1 month later...

Re-started this save- Massive cull and revolution of squad. Using update.

In-

Handanovic- 9m/Udinese

Silvestre- loan/Palermo

Palacio- Undisclosed/Genoa

Afellay- 1yr loan/Barcelona

Quagiarella- 1yr loan/Juventus

Jenssen- 4m/Tromso

Fernando- 6m/Porto

Mikel- 7.5m/Chelsea

Sigporrsonn- 8m/Ajax

Out-

Julio Cesar- Flamengo i think

Maicon- 6m/R.Madrid

Lucio- free/Juventus

Sjneider- 14m/Anzi

Milito- 7m/Malaga

Castaignos- 4m/Twente

Pazzini- loan/Juve

Think that's it. Massively reduced the wage bill, and bought in reasonably young players on smaller wages who can play together for 5 years and hopefully dominate Serie A again. No superstar signings, but have relied on the generosity of Barce and Chelsea for letting quality players go. Mikel will be my holding midfilder for yrs to come.

Now I just need to wait a season before getting rid of Chivu, Cordoba and Stankovic. Then my finances will look slightly better. Not sure about winning the title, seems unlikely, but i must look to challenge. Exciting team-

Handanovic

Doni/Silvestre/Rannochia/Nagatomo

Fernando/Mikel/Jenssen

Afellay

Quagariella/Sigporrsson

Interesting team. Obviously Cambaisso and Samuel will be getting alot of playing time and probably be 1st choice, but this is the future, bar quag's who is loan only.

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing this save again, finished 2nd in the end. Released lots of players, taking the wage bill down by 500k.

Somehow was making about £5mill a month, and in pre season got £61 million to spend. Spent it shrewdly, with lots of long term payment deals.

Signed Lucas Moura, Iker Munain, Jon Obi Mikel, Jan Vertonghen and Alderwiereld. Plus Rene Adler on a free and Balotelli, Carrick, De Bruyne and Dos Santos on loan.

Am playing a 4 2 3 1

Adler/Julio Cesar

Maicon Samuel/Vertonghen Lucio/Ranocchia Nagamoto

Cambassio Mikel

Lucas Moura/Antonio Valencia Sneijder Danny/Munain

Forlan.

Looking a good team, with strong youngsters pushing at places. Aim to do the league/cup double plus champions league semis at the very least.

Archived