[FM11] Burying My Head In The Sand

Flamers

League Positions:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|SEASON    |CLUB                |LEAGUE                       |FINAL POSITION            |EXPECTED POSITION                |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2010-2011 |Bury Town           |Ryman Premier                |1st Promoted              | Title Challenge                 | 
|2011-2012 |Bury Town           |Blue Square North            |1st Promoted              | Mid Table                       | 

Clubs and Countries Managed:

• Bury Town 2010-

Trophy Cabinet:

• Ryman Premier Winners - 2011
  • Suffolk Premier Cup Runners Up - 2011
  • Isthmian Charity Trophy - 2011
  • Blue Square Premier Winners - 2012
  • FA Trophy Runners Up - 2012
  • Isthmian Charity Shield - 2012

Records:

• Biggest Ryman Premier Win Bury Town 7-0 - 2011
  • Highest Scoring Ryman Premier Game Canvey Island 6-3 Bury Town - 2011
  • Most Ryman Premier Games Without Losing 16 Bury Town - 2011
  • Most Points In The Ryamn Premier 88 Bury Town - 2011

Bury Town: A Background

I have lived in Bury St Edmunds for most of my life so Bury Town is my local club. After playing through 22 seasons with KFK in Iceland (here) I want to go home.

Bury Town have been doing well the last two seasons, being promoted 2 seasons ago and last season they got into the play offs in real life. I am trying to match that achievement and better it. Taking Bury Town to the top!

burytown.png

Season 1 Preview - Ryman Premier:

Board Expectation

I told the board I could challenge for the title and I think we can. In real life the team managed to make the playoffs so I we try to as well.

Finances | Squad

Money is short but we are not in debt. I have arranged some friendlies that should hopefully see us through the season well.

The squad looks good but doesn't it always? We will soon find out how good it really is.

burytown.png

Season 1 Pre Season Update - Ryman Premier:

Results | Squad

We had one hell of a pre season, 2 games in Australia, and some other scattered across the globe. We managed to win all but one which was against Ipswich Reserves which is unsurprising. Our latest 5-1 win gives me plenty of hope going into the season.

The squad has stayed largely the same with some really good players coming in to fill some gaps.

Finances | Transfers

The financial side is going very well with the usual away friendlies giving us a very healthy balance going forward. Hopefully it means next season we should be able to spend on some big talent.

Not many transfers but some really classy ones.

Mongolia would be a gret trip! Bring the family, play some football, eat the...whatever is eaten in Mongolia...pure fun! :)

Looking forward to this one, Flamers. Does this mean you're staying with FM11 for a time yet?

burytown.png

Season 1 January Update - Ryman Premier:

Results | League Table

What a change from Iceland, I have played more games in this half season than I did all year in Iceland! We hit a rough patch in the middle but we seem to have got over it. Hopefully we can reach the playoffs. The automatic promotion spot might be too much to ask.

We are also getting somewhere in the FA Trophy! Having beaten a Blue Square South side last time out I feel we could get some serious money from it.

We are sat just outside the playoffs but are form should push us in. We had a low of 15th during our blip which means we are much lower than I would like.

Finances | Transfers

I hate lower league football, 100 people coming to each game can't sustain us. I hope cup money can.

We are playing the market. I released 2 players on ridiculous wages for a total of £30k but it was needed.

burytown.png

Season 1 Revue - Ryman Premier:

Ryman Premier Results 1 | Ryman Premier Results 2 | FA Cup | Championship Manager Cup | FA Trophy | Suffolk Premier Cup | League Table

Our Cup performances were varied to say the least. We went out early on in the Championship Manager Cup, got a little way in the FA Cup, a long way in the FA Trophy and into the final in the Suffolk Premier! I feel that we performed well getting to the 3rd round of the FA Trophy and were unlucky to go out.

In the league it was very much a case of two halves, the first half was dreadful and saw us drop to a low of 15th, the second half was amazing at one point we were 6 points clear with 2 games in hand! The 7-0 win on the last day was a nice way to end the season after nearly fluffing it!

Finances | Transfers

We have lost a little bit this season but hopefully a bigger league next year will put us in the black again. It also didn't help that I released two players at the cost of £30000 so I could bring in better players on lower salaries.

In terms of transfers I think I did well will all of the signings performing as expected or better!

Key Players

1. Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu. I cracking striker for this level, even better that he is cheap as chips! 33 goals in 40 odd appearances is a good tally to!

2. Kieran Tracey. Wonderful left winger, he already has League 2 sides lookign at him. Hopefully we can keep him for a little while longer.

3. Sam Reed. For the first half of the season he was the only man providing goals, he ended the season with a tally of 24 in 48 which isn't bad.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

burytown.png

Season 2 Preview - Blue Square North:

Board Expectation | Media Expectation

I think that we have a good enough team to at least reach a safe mid table spot, possibly upper mid table. However the media are having a jolly and think we can finish 5th, well what ever.

Finances | Squad

Hopefully the global trip will help us out. As will a bigger league and TV money for the first time in FM11 for me!

The squad is supposedly quite good. I have more doubt.

burytown.png

Season 2 Pre Season Update - Blue Square North:

Results | Squad

A good pre season which included us getting our first silverware of the season! The 3-2 loss was mainly due to the players being unfit so that doesn't worry me too much.

The sqaud has had some youth quality added to it over the pre season so looks ready to take on the Blue Square North now.

Finances | Transfers

We are back into the black and should hopefully stay there with increased attendances.

Just trading in the free market, several ex Premiership club youths have come in.

burytown.png

Season 2 January Update - Blue Square North:

Results | League Table

I would like to be consistent but I can't be. As you can see I will win 5 or so games then lose 3. It makes no sense. Also I managed to beat 1st at the time then lose to 20th and 9th in the next 2 matches?

On the plus side we are still in the FA Trophy and got into the 1st round proper of the FA Cup!

We sit 3rd, 6 points behind, by no means impossible but being able to win games consistently, especially against lower teams would be great!

Finances | Transfers

Cup money is a big help this season, even with our much higher wage budget. Also we now get 360 people coming on average, which means 160 standing!

I am dealing in the free market again as no players want to come on loan.

burytown.png

Season 2 Revue - Blue Square North:

Blue Square North Results 1 | Blue Square North Results 2 | FA Cup | Isthmian Charity Shield | FA Trophy | Suffolk Premier Cup | League Table

The league form was amazing after January having not lost a single game! Our form saw us climb to second where we stayed for a long time, Northwich were in amazing form this season and were nearly uncatchable. However first at the end we managed to overtake them and pip them, luckily we had a game against them at the end of the season which our sub striker scored in the 92nd minute to take all 3 points and saw us win the title that game.

In terms of the Cups we managed well in the national cups but not so well in the local cups. We reached the final of the FA Trophy and the first full round of the FA Cup!

Finances | Transfers

The huge loss comes from the new stadium that is being built but hopefully we can pay that off fairly quickly but on the plus side we don't have a loan which is strange.

We have been busy on the transfer front and I expect more as we once again progressing into a higher league.

Key Players

1. Ebby Nelson-Addy. He has been up for it the whole season! Scoring some amazing goals from range.

2. Nathaniel Jarvis. One part of our striking pair that scored most of our 79 goals this season.

3. Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu. The other half of my striking pair. Working well together.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

burytown.png

Season 3 Preview - Blue Square Premier:

Board Expectation | Media Expectation

After another season where I have been promoted I choose safe mid table so I don't get sacked before the new stadium. The media thinks that I am probably accurate with my thinking as well.

Finances | Squad

The finances aren't too bad considering we have a big loan and a new stadium on the way. The squad is looking good to with the addition of some European players.

burytown.png

Season 3 Pre Season Update - Blue Square Premier:

Results | Squad

In my eyes it was a dreadful pre season. We struggled to score at times and only managed to keep a clean sheet once. My main wish for this season is to find a good goal keeper, all of mine are dreadful.

Finances | Transfers

Only just in debt, hopefully bigger crowds and a new league will get me more money.

Once again just free transfers.

Archived