[FM12] Paris Saint-Germain FC

MrSundlofer

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I ask, what did people win in season 1. As just looked and the board basically expect the treble, is this actually reasonable or are they expecting quite a lot?

This is my first season I posted some months ago:

seasonsummary201112.png

It has been a fantastic season! We won four trophies and won 90% of all games played during the season. I spend a lot of time in pre-season, created training schedules, created tactics, searched for players and analyzed my squad. I wanted to build a squad with high attributes in determination, pace and strength.

LIGUE 1

Unbeaten. 36 games won and 2 games drawn, I'm delighted! I had a lot of luck, but to change from my original attacking formation to a very defensive formation with 10 minutes left to play in games, probably won me some games. It was crucial.

seasonleague.png

COUPE DE FRANCE

My way to the final was easy. SC Bastia, Toulouse FC, CS Sedan, RC Lens and then I won 2-0 over AJ Auxerre in the final.

COUPE DE LA LIGUE

Bordeaux, FC Sochaux, Montpellier SC... then a 4-1 victory over Rennais FC in the final.

EUROPA LEAGUE

I actually won this cup, even though it wasn't my priority. Some very strange results. I didn't expect to win over Valencia and Tottenham.

europaleagueresults.png

Overall everything has been fantastic. I'm very happy with my squad but I will improve it during the summer. I will also have my best scouts at the European Championship 2012. Eight of my players have been included in the France national squad! Sakho, Gameiro, Matuidi, Rémy, Ménez, Chantôme, Capoue and Jallet.

The board are happy with me and I'm looking forward to the improvements on the facilities.

boardandfacilities.png

I do not understand how you win all these things. My team is in melt down, giving away the ball some games, yet others bossing the whole pitch. So inconsistent, so rubbish and my keeper seems as if he has forgotten to put his gloves on so wont catch the ball, this is going to be a long season probably ending in the sack for me.

I do not understand how you win all these things. My team is in melt down, giving away the ball some games, yet others bossing the whole pitch. So inconsistent, so rubbish and my keeper seems as if he has forgotten to put his gloves on so wont catch the ball, this is going to be a long season probably ending in the sack for me.

What tactic do you use? And what players is in the first eleven?

Remember it takes a time for the players to get used to a tactic. 15+ games.

well for a few games they are great and then others they are rubbish. I use a 4-1-1-2-2. thats a defensive mid, a central mid then two attacking wingers.

My players are as follows

GK : Sirigu

Defenders, from right to left: Srna , Lugano, Sakho, Tiene

DM : Matuidi

CM : Pastore

LAM: Nene RAM: Menez

ST: Yarmelenko(target man) Gameiro(poacher)

well for a few games they are great and then others they are rubbish. I use a 4-1-1-2-2. thats a defensive mid, a central mid then two attacking wingers.

I should play a 4-5-1 formation with one defensive midfielder, two central midfielders, two wingers and one striker. Matuidi as the defensive midfielder, Pastore as an advanced central playmaker, Chantôme as a deep-lying central playmaker and Ménéz on the right wing and Nenê on the left wing - both as inside forwards. Now with three central midfielders your philosophy should be fluid and your mentality to control the game. Srna is a very good attacking player. Make sure you instruct him to be very attacking.

Waaaay too attacking mate. Your midfield is basically non-existant. Pastore will roam forward leaving Matuidi to mop up anything and when he gets pulled out of position your CBs are at the mercy of their strikers and midfielders. Your full backs are also attacking players meaning you have Sakho and Lugano basically alone in defence.

Keep in mind Lugano is really slow and if an opposing team had quick players with a poacher style striker they would rip the defence to shreds. Either play a flat 4-4-2 or if you want the DM sacrifice 1 striker and play 4-5-1 like MrSundlofer suggested.

Onto my save, still in the first season and finally beaten after 26 league games. Gameiro is unreal, 33 goals in 33 games. 7 goals in the past 4 as well. Will walk the league, being 22 points ahead with 12 games left to play

Waaaay too attacking mate. Your midfield is basically non-existant. Pastore will roam forward leaving Matuidi to mop up anything and when he gets pulled out of position your CBs are at the mercy of their strikers and midfielders. Your full backs are also attacking players meaning you have Sakho and Lugano basically alone in defence.

Keep in mind Lugano is really slow and if an opposing team had quick players with a poacher style striker they would rip the defence to shreds. Either play a flat 4-4-2 or if you want the DM sacrifice 1 striker and play 4-5-1 like MrSundlofer suggested.

You say that this is too attacking, but the results now are starting to come, I have just bought renato Augusto for the right wing. I dont want to play a flat formation I also want to have two strikers, so apart from this most other tactics are just really defensive. I have played and won many a league and cup with this tactic before so I shall persevire and hope the board allow me to see out this season.

EDIT: Also I have my DM set to anchor man so he stays back as well, effectivly a third central defender.

Haha alrighty then, whatever works I guess?

Just had my intake of youth players and it came out of nowhere mid-season? Had 3 or 4 players that looked really good. Rest were rubbish so have released almost all of them bar 4 or 5.

Mbaye Niang was offered to me for 6.25m. Tried negotiating it down to being mostly clauses but the AI don't seem to value performance clauses at all. Looks like he will head to Man Utd then since they're willing to pay 6.25 straight up.

Wasn't too desperate to get him though with Sanogo and Ongenda in the wings.

Haha alrighty then, whatever works I guess?

Just had my intake of youth players and it came out of nowhere mid-season? Had 3 or 4 players that looked really good. Rest were rubbish so have released almost all of them bar 4 or 5.

Mbaye Niang was offered to me for 6.25m. Tried negotiating it down to being mostly clauses but the AI don't seem to value performance clauses at all. Looks like he will head to Man Utd then since they're willing to pay 6.25 straight up.

Wasn't too desperate to get him though with Sanogo and Ongenda in the wings.

My first intake wasn't too great but I think I have requested this to be improved by the board. Also I just got offered Niang for 6.75 and got it down to 6, which isnt a bad deal so got him. The future is bright at PSG for strikers. Niang and Erik Torres. Torres already playing and getting a few.

Yeah the youth intake is in March every year. Really not sure why.

This is a player from my youth intake from the first season:

saidi.png

He is now a very important first team player at the club. And is regular for France in the national team.

How did you develop him so well? Good training, game-time and some tutoring?

He's trained in my basic training schedule for attacking midfielders and I think it's been good for him. The day he arrived at the club (promoted to the youth team) I have monitored his situation at the club. He's been a part of the first team squad since the second season. I think it's only Chantôme that has tutored him.

I am very happy with him and he's still developing :thup:

So after a very shakey start to the season come 19 match and the half way point my job was under Question. 7th place, 12 points behind the leaders and out of Europe, the board were not happy one bit.

14ifpxi.png

Then came the mid season tour to Japan, crucial to the whole season I feel this time, 3 solid victores. Then to finish of the mid season friendlies a quick game at home for the fans, another solid win and the moral is up again.

A very steady second half to the season, played a slower tempo, controlled the ball a bit more and in the end it all paid off. We lost in the Coupe de la Liga 1-0 in the 85th min, this just 2 matches after our first loss, which was to at the time top of table OM. I thought the title bid was ver, but we turned it round. Won the French cup and then with 3 matches left took the league lead for the first time since the opening weekend. Then 1 win and the title was in sight. Then the loss which was due to a red card and that put us level with OM on points but ahead on goal difference.

Last game comes up, we take the lead early, but then disaster on 70 as we get pegged back, I am nervous and on the edge of my seat, the match ends a draw, i tihnk its all over, only to see that OM were held too, we won the league on goal difference! What a season, what a comeback, what a team!

16j3bll.png

Here is our cup runs

6egaxs.png

And of cause the final standing

28sab9s.png

Niang is signed.

I now have to continue this winning trend and take the league in the second season. Made a couple of signings, bought in Kameni to put between the sticks for about 6 min and also bought in Nigel De Jong for DM, he is the same if not a bit better than my current CM except in one way, he is great in the air, current guy is pants.

I didn't realise i won the league by just 1 goal until about an hour when i thought "how close was it" and looked.

Right looking for some help, I am in need of a left back, jsut finished season 1 and he is the only position I need to replace, got about 20mil. Ideas?

EDIT: I signed Maxwell for 12 million, was him for that or Baines for 23million. I compared and they are about the same so went Maxwell and saved a bit.

Maxwell for 12million? Quite steep in my opinion, great player though. Should have looked at someone like Lucas Digne, a lot younger and has great potential, or Chieck M'Bengue (sp?)

i don't mind, the money i saved lets me bring in Hunterlaar for 14mil or Lavezzi for 27mil. I think hunterlaar will be my choice

I am currently spoilt for choice with strikers with three 'experienced' ones in Gameiro, Hunterlaar and Balotelli(season long loan) and then three 'up and coming' strikers in Erik Torres, Fierro and Niang. Also have the choice of bringing Yarmelonko in from left win to go up top as well, plenty of choice, with the right amount of rotation I hope it can get the right results.

We have now won the league six times in a row :thup: ...this time with 99 points.

I have once again changed tactic a bit. This time there is no room for wingers so some first team players have to leave the club in the summer. Karim Benzema had an injury just before the season started and was injured 8 months. He's now not the player he once was. He agreed to be transfer listed.

What are you going with now, MrSundlofer?

With 6 strikers in the first team, 11 in the reserves and 7 in the U19 team I felt it wasn't a correct decision to only play with one striker upfront (and two wingers) in a 4-5-1 formation. I decided a change was needed, and now not two but three strikers plays upfront :D

...In this way I can play Pastore and Saidi in central midfield with a more defensive midfielder. Matuidi is now capable of playing at left back. Evra will be backup with one year left on his contract, expires in June 2018.

Some players will leave the club this summer. We will definitely say goodbye to Jallet, the right back, now 33 years old with 3 caps for France during my time at the club. His contract will expire in one month. Eto'o has decided to retire at the end of June. Good news. His short time at the club wasn't a hit. Alex Song with 36 games for us this season will be looking for a new club. He agreed to be transfer listed because I want to give his place in the team to Dumont - a wonderkid from my own academy. Ménez will most likely leave for nothing to sign for Atlético Madrid and Benzema is transfer listed.

I have many young exciting players in the reserve team who is waiting for a chance in the first team. Some of them will replace the players who's leaving.

My Portugal based scout Pauleta has found a very interesting player in the Portuguese league. His name is Paulo Mendes, a 18 years old central midfielder who plays for Sporting Lisbon. Could be a part of the first team. Also wanted by Arsenal and Chelsea.

The squad has just returned to the club after a month away on holiday. Some have returned back injured and some French players are away on international duty. Despite that, the situation at the club is under control. Now it's time for some lovely summer dealings.

TRANSFERS OUT

My best winger at the club is Landry Jaime, but due to my change of formation (with no wingers) I sadly needed to sell him. Liverpool made a bid of £16M and I accepted it.

summerjaime.png

TRANSFERS IN

On the other hand... The only thing that's left to this deal is a confirmation from me and he will sign a long-term deal here. He is exactly the sort of player I am looking for in the central midfield position.

summermendes.png

Also, I have had my eyes on a Brazilian for a while. He's called Nenê and can play in both midfield and attack. I decided to make a move and he signed for £16.5M.

summernene.png

I just started a game with PSG. The urge of not playing with my team was too big, even with all that money, which kind of ruin things.

After basically getting a whole new background staff (I probably signed about 15-20 new scouts, coaches, physios, etc...), I start to look at my team and find two areas that need strengthening: Full backs and wingers (or at least back up for Nene and Menez).

Maxwell and Afellay are on the transfer list from Barcelona and are snapped up pretty quickly for £3M and £1.7M respectively. My scout in France tells me about Franck Beria from Lille who I signed for about £6M on a 36 months instalments deal. A great signing as he can play everywhere in defence at a pretty good level. It’s a bit annoying to “only” have £13M to start as I don’t have a lot of money left after that. I also sign Marvin Martin from Sochaux for about £15M on a 48 months instalments deal. I believe that with the amount of money PSG have, these instalments deals will not be too much of a problem in the future.

I am at work at the moment so no print screens but I am playing a 4-2-3-1 as follow:

GK: Sirigu

Def: Maxwell, Sakho, Lugano, Beria

Mid: Martin, Matuidi, Nene, Pastore, Menez

Striker: Gameiro.

Will probably play my first few competitive games tonight so will keep you updated.

So if this was real life the board would throw money at the problem but its not, the problem you ask.....

Well its January, my normal keeper is Kameni, he is away at afrikan cup of nations and second keeper is injured, torn crucial ligament or something out for rest of season since november. So I have 5 mil to get a keeper to keep us in title hunt, but board wont give me any more. I need the money board! arggghhh, silly rich men in charge :- ) complain over

So if this was real life the board would throw money at the problem but its not, the problem you ask.....

Well its January, my normal keeper is Kameni, he is away at afrikan cup of nations and second keeper is injured, torn crucial ligament or something out for rest of season since november. So I have 5 mil to get a keeper to keep us in title hunt, but board wont give me any more. I need the money board! arggghhh, silly rich men in charge :- ) complain over

Well I'm assuming Kameni will be back soon so I think 5 million is more than enough to sign a back up goalkeeper, why would you want more?

Well I'm assuming Kameni will be back soon so I think 5 million is more than enough to sign a back up goalkeeper, why would you want more?

Kameni was gone for 6 weeks, in those 6 weeks we dropped out of the two domestic cups, dropped from 2nd to 3rd but were now trailing 1st by 18 points and basically destroyed morale for he season, meaning the only silverware we had come to end was the French Super cup we got at the start of the season. Signed Muslera in the summer as number 1, Kameni can wait his time on the bench from now on

I played my first few games of the season and I am having trouble scoring goals. I am creating a hughe amount of chances but not scoring enough and it's already costing me.

I won my first league game against Lorient 3-0 but drew the next 3 against Rennes, Valenciennes and Toulouse 0-0, 2-2 and 0-0 respectively. I must have created about 20 chances per game but my front 4 can't finish. Has anyone else had this sort of problems?

I also qualified for the group stages of the Europa League beating Helsingborg. I won both games 2-0 and also created a huge amount of chances in the home game but only scoring two. I now have Athletic Bilbao, Stoke and Alania in the group stages.

I played my first few games of the season and I am having trouble scoring goals. I am creating a hughe amount of chances but not scoring enough and it's already costing me.

I won my first league game against Lorient 3-0 but drew the next 3 against Rennes, Valenciennes and Toulouse 0-0, 2-2 and 0-0 respectively. I must have created about 20 chances per game but my front 4 can't finish. Has anyone else had this sort of problems?

I also qualified for the group stages of the Europa League beating Helsingborg. I won both games 2-0 and also created a huge amount of chances in the home game but only scoring two. I now have Athletic Bilbao, Stoke and Alania in the group stages.

That isn't too bad a start, what formation are you palying as you said front 4? That is quite ambitious.

Obviously it still early in the season, but it's annoying to create so many chances and score so few goals. I'm playing 4-2-3-1 with Martin and Matuidi as the 2, Nene, Pastore and Menez as the 3 and Gameiro up front. Gameiro's finishing is poor, a bit like irl actually.

Obviously it still early in the season, but it's annoying to create so many chances and score so few goals. I'm playing 4-2-3-1 with Martin and Matuidi as the 2, Nene, Pastore and Menez as the 3 and Gameiro up front. Gameiro's finishing is poor, a bit like irl actually.

Just give them chance to blend to your system. My first season started terribly and I was 7th come December and half way, yet after the players adapted to my system we turned it around and won the league on the last day by 1 goal.

Yeah, there are a lot of new faces in the PSG squad so the team could still be gelling. However, look at the analysis of shots you're taking. Could it be that all the chances are from outside the box? Or alot of blocked shots?

Does this mean your team is not having passing options and shoot out of desperation? Tempo too quick against teams who park the bus? A lot to take into consideration.

Finally finished my first season. Pretty much walked the league. Won the Coupe de Ligue as well to complete the double. Knocked out of the Coupe de France early on. Reached the final of the Europa pretty easily, only to get spanked by Spurs 4-1. Took the lead through a Pastore screamer early but Spurs came back with 2 headers and 2 wondergoals by Van Der Vaart and Adebayor. Didn't help that Gameiro and Sakho decided to have their worst games of the season.

All in all though, great start to build on. Figured out the weaker links in the team and a summer strengthening will give us more firepower in the Champions League. Hopefully get a big budget and will sign Marvin Martin, Yann M'vila and Corchia. Then maybe Kjaer or Vertonghen. Got offered Hamsik for 19m and put in a bid just for the sake of it. Upon further reflection might spend the money elsewhere as my attack of Gameiro Pastore Nene and Menez is good enough already with the funds better used elsewhere.

Pics from the season:

ligue1orangeoverviewsta.png

Pastore did pretty well in his first season, being Gameiro's sidekick:

javierpastoreoverviewat.png

Gameiro, what a legend. 50 goals in his first season and came so close to breaking the all time record.

kevingameirooverviewatt.png

Belhanda. Great cameo performances stepping in when Nene and Menez were out injured. Defintely played his part in the success in the league.

younsbelhandaoverviewat.png

Archived