Knap FM11.3 Tactics

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else having problems with the Formation after 2 seasons or so?

I used the 100pts one for two seasons successfully (Promotion first season and missed out on promotion second season in the playoffs) but in my third season it just seems to be failing.

Currently toiling about in mid-table and struggling to beat bottom placed teams. It's not my squad as, according to FMGenie, I have arguably the best squad overall in the league.

Anyone encountered the same issue and managed to sort it?

Is anyone else having problems with the Formation after 2 seasons or so?

I used the 100pts one for two seasons successfully (Promotion first season and missed out on promotion second season in the playoffs) but in my third season it just seems to be failing.

Currently toiling about in mid-table and struggling to beat bottom placed teams. It's not my squad as, according to FMGenie, I have arguably the best squad overall in the league.

Anyone encountered the same issue and managed to sort it?

It's nothing to do with the tactic. It's your players.

It's nothing to do with the tactic. It's your players.

So your saying that the same group of players (with a few additions, but not many) who narrowly missed out on promotion via the playoffs in the season before have just decided that they are going to stop playing well?

Doesn't really add up I don't think.

• 2 weeks later...

Using the new 105pts tactic now, with my Man City team. Here are the results so far:

manchestercitymancityfi.jpg

Not to bad, scoring alot of goals, but also conceeding a few as well!

The main problem I have with this tactic is possession! I just can't seem to get the majority of it it. From the games above my possessions stats are:

49% against Chelsea

48% against Portsmouth

45% against Liverpool

58% against Celtic(to be expected though)

43% against Wigan

45% against Tottenham

46% against Birmingham

47% against West Ham

I mean, i'm glad i'm winning most games, but I have one of the best teams in the world at Man City and with any other tactics I've tried, even your 100pts tactic, I still get far more possession. Is this something that can be improved on Knap?

Steve

Possession does not win games as can be too cautious, no risk no reward.

I fully understand that, I've seen plently of tactics that are all about possession, and alot of them don't get the results. Its just with the team I have at Man City, great passers and excellent dribblers I really expect more possession, and with this tactic it just isn't happening that often.

Steve

This is a challenge game in which you have to buy a complete squad for the price of Torres. Finished 8th which is probably not bad using the 100pt 442. The best 442 for a poor squad I've tested was Sexy Football back in FM09.

englishpremierdivisionizx.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here are my next 6 results using 105pts tactic:

manchestercitymancityfi.jpg

Possession:

57% against Steaua

51% against Wolves

51% against Sunderland

47% against Fulham

45% against Bayern

44% against Blackpool(this was terrible as for the first half I was on about 32% possession)

Again, i'm loving the results, just the football isn't that great to watch, probably because i'm only watching 'key moments' but the majority of them are the opposition, as they have the ball most of the game!

Steve

The problem may be its a counter attack slow tempo tactic, which allows opposition to have ball and wait for opening. The other FM10 update tactic is a faster tempo no counter tactic.

knap

Yeah, I used to love counter attack, as I basically thought it would mean that I would get more chances at goal, but really what it does is let the opposition have more chances also. Do you think removing it will help with possession that much though?

Steve

MC season with MG update.

No start season transfers.

All friendlies Ass Man with std tactic.

Ass Man press and team talks

Tactic used 1st time for 1st league game.

No changing any tactic settings at any time.

englishpremierdivisionijm.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived