rancer890's FM11 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

Welcome to the 4th edition of rancer890's Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge. Like the FM10 challenge, you will have quite a few leagues to choose from in West Asia and East Asia. The objective of the challenge is to guide a previously unplayable team to domestic and international glory. This challenge has been previously nominated and voted as the Hardest Challenge on the forums, so good luck to all challengers!!

The Aim

To take a small club who where previously unplayable in the game from the lower leagues to win a Domestic title, the Champions League, the Club World Championship. You will also have the option to venture into international management to lead your selected nation to global glory once you have achieved the first three accomplishments stated above.

The setup:

Leagues you are allowed to use, and the reputation of the high tier league of the specified country in FM11:

• Australia - 105
  • Bahrain - 62
  • China - 94
  • Hong Kong - 37
  • India - 37
  • Indonesia - 60
  • Iran - 98
  • Iraq - 62
  • Japan - 118
  • Jordan - 60
  • Kuwait - 72
  • Lebanon - 52
  • Malaysia - 42
  • Maldives - 29
  • Oman - 55
  • Qatar - 95
  • Saudi Arabia - 113
  • Singapore - 47
  • South Korea - 110
  • Syria - 65
  • Thailand - 63
  • United Arab Emirates - 102
  • Uzbekistan - 80
  • Vietnam - 49
  • Yemen - 44

Please note that Australia, Singapore, Japan, and South Korea (and few more of the new leagues I think) don't have relegation/promotion. If you decide to try those leagues, holiday a year and then you must take over the team with the worst record in the lowest playable league with a promotion spot to the top tier in the specific country. In South Korea for example, you will start in the N-League because after the first season there is a promotion/relegation spot between the K-League and the N-League.

XML files

My Personal Files - preference over anything else.. :p

China - to 2nd Division

Use only these files (slightly outdated but as soon as I find some new ones, they will be replaced) - I will be in contact with the Asian HR about updated files

Majority of the Asian leagues (download 'All Asia') - here - FM10

Japan league and J-League database - FM10 (players not updated and Yuki Abe is still in this update and he's in England now)

Maldives - updated Maldives league if anyone fancies the hardest nation to start this challenge in.

Put the above into the following directory My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\Editor Data. Start a 'New Game', and you will asked to choose a database. Tick 'Change', press 'OK', and choose the new leagues.

Game saves

(Nation, Game save link, Game setup)

Indonesia - Game saved on June 29, 2011 - 29k players, large db, all players from Indonesia, all players from top division clubs in Asia

Getting Started

Load a game with all available divisions in your selected nation (only one nation is allowed and no additional nations should be selected)

Large database is recommended (Medium and small are allowed though)

Attribute masking must be enabled.

Add yourself as unemployed manager, and then go on holiday until the league reset-date.

You are allowed to use fake players if you wish.

You can load players from any continent.

League reset dates

• Australia - not applicable
  • Bahrain
  • China - January 20th
  • Hong Kong - August 1st
  • India - July 15th
  • Indonesia - June 1st
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Japan - January 20th
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Malaysia - December 14th
  • Maldives - November 20th
  • Oman
  • Philippines - June 19th
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia - July 10th
  • Singapore - not applicable
  • South Korea - December 27th
  • Syria
  • Thailand
  • United Arab Emirates - July 20th
  • Uzbekistan - January 15th
  • Vietnam - December 19th
  • Yemen

And then retire your manager. Create a new manager and his reputation must be set at Sunday league footballer, or Automatic if you can't find the Sunday league footballer option. Your manager nationality is up to you.

Take over one of the newly promoted club(s) in your selected nation. Check the club's history of league positions, it should be blank. It doesn't really matter which club you choose, although some club are easier than others.

It is now up to you to lead your team to domestic and Champions League glory. This is, however, a bit different than Dafuge's, Gundo's, or JoseRR's Challenge. There is an international element to this challenge. Although for this year, the rules have been a bit relaxed. There is a domestic challenge only version and the original domestic/international challenge component.

Domestic Challenge

1. Take your club to Domestic Glory. Take over a newly promoted club and win your domestic league. Cups don't matter. Step 1 done.
  2. Take your club to Continental Glory. Win the Asian Champions League. Step 2 done.
  3. Take your club to Global Glory. Win the Club World Championship. Challenge complete.

Domestic and International Challenge

1. Take your club to Domestic Glory. Take over a newly promoted club and win your domestic league. Cups don't matter. Step 1 done.
  2. Take your club to Continental Glory. Win the Asian Champions League. Step 2 done.
  3. Take your club to Global Glory. Win the Club World Championship. Step 3 done.
  4. Take your country to Global Glory. Win your Regional Tournament and the World Cup. Challenge complete.

For those who only want to do the domestic challenge, only steps 1 to 3 are necessary. Those challengers who want to participate in the domestic/international challenge will have to complete all 4 steps.

Because of some concerns about when your country will actually have a vacant manager position, I decided to alter the rules a bit for those who are in the domestic/international challenge:

You can take the international job of your selected country at anytime. If you do not get the international job 5 years after you complete step 3, you are allowed to create a new manager to take over the job. However, you MUST retire your original manager.

Once you finish all the steps in the specific challenge (domestic or domestic/international), congratulations, you have made Asian football a force to be reckoned with around the world.

Rules

You are not permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; If you get sacked, you can either take over a newly promoted club that meets the original challenge criteria (check the club's league history), or just quit your current game and start over.

You must complete the steps in order. However, you can manage your club and country together if you wish.

There are no restrictions on parent/feeder clubs.

No FMRTE or FM mini scout either. Of course, I can't exactly know whether you're cheating or not, but all you're lying to is yourself.

Have fun!

---

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers JSalter and Sazchu and GoalieManPat121. Welcome to the challenge. :thup:

I'm still in the process of editing xml files (although not the Asian ones, the only one I edited that works is China. I haven't checked the other ones yet). Play the ones (except China), from out of the box for now (unless you can fix some of those outdated FM10 files... :p)

I haven't even played FM11 yet, just editing things. :(

~Hong Kong ~ Biu Chun ~ First Division ~ Season 1 2011/12 ~

~ League ~

We started off the league with a bang, and with a bang I mean conceading 12 goals in 3 games without us scoring.

That pretty much set the mood for the whole season which saw us being secured relegation with 4 league games to go, at that moment the board decided to get rid of me.

The team did not manage to score a goal in the 4 league games that were left under the new manager's control.

League Table

~ Cups ~

In the Senior Shield we met TSW Pegasus in the first round, we didn't do to bad against them but still we were not good enough and lost 0:2.

In the League Cup we were in group with two lower division teams, Pontic and Tai Chung, we got a draw against them both which saw us finish 2nd in the group.

When the team took part in the Fa Cup I had allready been sacked, but they carried the proud tradition there by losing against tai Po 1:2e.

~ Other ~

Won't be throwing in transfer and such for this season, and I've allready taken over a newly promoted team, Pontic.

Good luck everyone. I've not started this yet, opted to go for Croatia first, but I think it's safe to say that I'll be back in Indonesia at some point :D

Unfortunately the legendary Barito Putra are unavailable again this year, but on the plus side they're now in the Premier League! Should only be another 10 years until they win the ACL and CWC...

Good luck everyone. I've not started this yet, opted to go for Croatia first, but I think it's safe to say that I'll be back in Indonesia at some point :D

Unfortunately the legendary Barito Putra are unavailable again this year, but on the plus side they're now in the Premier League! Should only be another 10 years until they win the ACL and CWC...

I'm undecided between HK and Indonesia. I would love to manage Persma again but I'm wondering if we can get youth intakes...

~Hong Kong ~ Pontic Football Club ~ Season 1 2012/13~

~ League ~

Took over newly promoted Pontic Football Club(formerly Mutual Football Club) after the disastrous season with Biu Chun.

We started the season surprisingly well, being a top3 contender when we were halfway through the season and it gave us a glimmer of home that we could reach even continetal competition with some luck,

but as soon as the senior shield started we learned that lady luck had abandoned us after these first few games, in the last 8 games of the competition we only managed 3 points, a win over tai chung, luckaly we had done enough damage in the first half of the season which saw us finish in 7th place, 4 points ahead of the drop.

League Table

~ Cups ~

We reached the quarter final of the Senior Shield after taking out Rangers in extra time, 2:1, next up was Tai Po who handled us pretty easily and took us out with a 1:2 victory.

The League cup saw us up against two lower league teams In HKFC and Kitchee, the League Cup appeared to be a sign for things to come as we got a draw against HKFC and loss against Kitchee, that saw us going out in the group stages.

Fa Cup round 1 saw us play Tai Po yet again, and as usual this season we lost the game, this time going out completely crushed 0:4

~ Transfer ~

We tried our best to sign decent players in the hope that they could keep us up and take us forward, we signed 9 players total, with the best signing being the chinese goalkeeper Guo Jianqiao.

Transfers

~ Awards and Other ~

Fan's Player of the Year: Joe-Joe Abah

League Position --  Senior Shield --  League Cup  --  FA Cup
       7th            QF               Group D         1st rnd

I'm undecided between HK and Indonesia. I would love to manage Persma again but I'm wondering if we can get youth intakes...

I've not had a look yet, I really hope we can though, it would make it much better. Though if we don't, it means we can just sign all the best youths :thup:

What about China? Not heard anything about Rizhiquan (sp?) for a while :D

I've not had a look yet, I really hope we can though, it would make it much better. Though if we don't, it means we can just sign all the best youths :thup:

What about China? Not heard anything about Rizhiquan (sp?) for a while :D

Rizhiquan became Guangdong Sunray Cave. They narrowly avoided relegation last year. You can use the default leagues or use the extended xml file with the Yi League and start with the worst team. If you load the out of the box leagues you can probably get Tianjin Locomotive, Songjiang, or Yiteng as the newly promoted team. :thup:

And nice season Sazchu. Something to build on for the next season. :)

so are we able to win ACL for any country?

Not every AFC nation, just the default ones in the game (+ Japan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Uzbekistan, Qatar).

AFC Cup nations (like HK) only have one chance of qualifying for the AFC Champions League every 2 years (provided they're in the competition every year, and manage to get to the finals of the AFC Cup when they're in it...)

IRL, I hope that changes, and hopefully the number of spots for each nation in the AFC can change in the future as well.

~Hong Kong ~ Pontic Football Club ~ Season 2 2013/14~

~ League ~

The second season in control of Pontic, after getting 7th place last season the goal was simple, 7th or higher, but it would be extremely hard with the finances getting worse and worse, a lower wage budget with the same crap reputation.

We had a decent enough of a season despite our financial problems, fighting for 7th to 9th the entire season, securing the 8th place on the final day thanks to Tuen Mun getting a draw in their final game which would mean survival for the second season running, but just barely.

League Table

~ Cups ~

We had the usual lack of anything proper in the cups, losing 0:2 to Tai Chung in the Senior Shield, getting bottom of our League Cup group with a single point and being thrashed 0:4 against Tuen Mun in the Fa Cup.

~ Transfer ~

No signings were made during the season due to financial troubles, a few players went on free at the start of the season.

~ Awards and Other ~

8th            1st rnd         Group D         1st rnd

The Indonesian reset date is now June 30th.

And it seems like they still don't get youths. But at least relegation works properly this year :thup: Might be starting later tonight...

Cheers Sazchu about the reset date. And at least you survived again in the league.

That kind of makes youth facilities useless...I think I will start my challenge in Indonesia soon too. Hopefully with Persma again. :)

Hope participation in this challenge starts to pick up. :thup:

@rancer890 it was JSalter which gave you the reset date so no need to thank me for it :D

Played ALOT of fm11 this weekend so i'm a bit farther than am in the post, just don't want to post too many updates in too short of a time so i don't take up all the space with my "adventure".

@rancer890 it was JSalter which gave you the reset date so no need to thank me for it :D

Played ALOT of fm11 this weekend so i'm a bit farther than am in the post, just don't want to post too many updates in too short of a time so i don't take up all the space with my "adventure".

Oops, I was posting on the forums from my Blackberry...couldn't really see the text properly on the bus. :p

I think I'll have a go at Indonesia tonight, and maybe upload some saves so you guys don't have to holiday and just download the saves...

Yeah, mine and Sazchu's names look the same really ;)

I've started in Indonesia, (in charge of Persiter in case you don't want to choose the same team as me!), I'll post my profile and team information tomorrow. Right now I'm getting too into playing.

I think Persma were promoted each time I reloaded, shouldn't have any problems getting them again if you want them. Persmin also always seem to get promoted, as usual.

Hehe, I couldn't really see the J on the bus...and without the J you two have the same number of letters. :p

Holidaying through a 26k player Indonesian save right now to June 29. I have loaded all Indonesian players, and all players from top division clubs in Asia. Hopefully that'll make the continental competition component harder because last year it only took me 6 years to win the Champions League with Persma. Will upload when I'm done. :thup:

Persiter Ternate

Persiter_Ternate-logo-B96F600770-seeklogo.com.gif

Persiter Ternate are a professional club founded in 1958, based on the small volcanic island of Ternate (it's actually the island below the one with the A on it). It's 29.3 sq miles in size, with a population of 145,000.

They play their home games at Gelora Kie Raha (also possible to see it from above on google maps), a multi-purpose sports arena that holds 15,000. They have basic training and minimal youth facilities.

The expectations for the first season are to achieve a respectable position, with a transfer budget of £6k, and a wage budget of £6.75k.

I found

of a home match for Persiter from 2006, involving their fans setting fire to part of the stadium because they lost.

I think that's enough background, time to see how far I can take them...

Persmin are rubbish though, think they're bottom at the moment...

Yeah, 6 or 7 iirc. Mainly instead of home games for me.

Things going wrong at the moment for Persiter, we were unbeaten half way through the season, but since then we've been terrible. Can't score, can't defend. And to make matters worse, the suspension system isn't doing us any favours. 2 yellow cards for a suspension is harsh, in my previous game I had 4 first choice players booked, and they're now all suspended for my next game. Plus I had my best right midfielder suspended for 5(!) games for a late tackle.

~Hong Kong ~ Pontic Football Club ~ Season 3 2014/15~

~ League ~

We enter the third season at Pontic Football Club, finances in shambles with us losing money every day, over the wage budget despite not having any talent to speak of.

We were decent throughout most the season, but from the very start of the season we were 10th, not once leaving that place, we secured some points but most of those points came at a point where the opposition was just laying around on the field enjoying the weather and having tea and biscuits, that means that my reign over Pontic Football Club has come to an end and the demise of yet another team under my control.

League Table

~ Cups ~

The cups were the usual kind, in the Senior Shield we met South china and were beaten, though only 0:1, in the League cup we got one win and one loss meaning we didn't qualify from our group, the Fa Cup saw us play Tai Po which resulted in us going out 0:2 in the first round.

~ Transfer ~

We lost a couple of players and signed two players, both pretty poor but were needed to fill the holes in the squad.

~ Awards and Other ~

8th            1st rnd         Group D         1st rnd
       10th           1st rnd        Group D          1st rnd

*** Double Flower Football Association - Season 1 2016/17 ***

League Table

*** Biu Chun Watch Hands and Parts - Season 1 2017/18(attempt 2) ***

League Table

*** Sha Tin Sports Association - Season 1 2019/20 ***

League Table

*** Kwai Tsing District Football Association - Season 1 2021/22 ***

League Table

Just a quick update on some of the years after leaving Pontic with 4 clubs being crushed by me, not sure if it's me being a crap manager, the teams having crap players or all those damn goals that come from crosses off the wings, though I suspect it's a mix off all those things.

Yea, it seems to be pretty hard right now, but I won't give up, even if it takes me 100+ seasons I'll complete the challenge in Hong Kong, though I might have to crush the hopes of a few teams fans along the way that's just what has to be done :D

Please note that Australia, Singapore, Japan, and South Korea (and few more of the new leagues I think) don't have relegation/promotion. If you decide to try those leagues, holiday a year and then choose the club that predicted to be last in the Premier Division of the country.

According to the Japanese League and Datbase you provided, there is in fact promotion and relegation between the J-League, J-League 2 and JFL. There is not, however, any promotion and relegation between the JFL and the nine regional leagues.

So I'm guessing you mean I have to select the team with the worse record in the JFL after a season, not the J-League (which would be their Premier Division). Is this correct?

EDIT: I checked Wikipedia. Apparently, no team is relegated from J-League 2 but JFL teams can be promoted. Furthermore, teams from JFL can be relegated to the regional leagues and teams from the regional leagues can get promoted. Confusing. :confused:

According to the Japanese League and Datbase you provided, there is in fact promotion and relegation between the J-League, J-League 2 and JFL. There is not, however, any promotion and relegation between the JFL and the nine regional leagues.

So I'm guessing you mean I have to select the team with the worse record in the JFL after a season, not the J-League (which would be their Premier Division). Is this correct?

EDIT: I checked Wikipedia. Apparently, no team is relegated from J-League 2 but JFL teams can be promoted. Furthermore, teams from JFL can be relegated to the regional leagues and teams from the regional leagues can get promoted. Confusing. :confused:

Yes, you have to holiday a season and choose the worst team in the JFL. IRL, Japanese Football League teams need to acquire a J.League membership, but that can't be replicated in the game. I prefer this db solely because of the database it has, and because the All Japan Regional Football Promotion League Series is quite hard to code in with the current abilities in the editor...

Yes, you have to holiday a season and choose the worst team in the JFL. IRL, Japanese Football League teams need to acquire a J.League membership, but that can't be replicated in the game. I prefer this db solely because of the database it has, and because the All Japan Regional Football Promotion League Series is quite hard to code in with the current abilities in the editor...

I see. Thank you for the reply.

I took a look through the JFL teams and noticed a few of them had no players at all in the first team. With any luck, one of those team won't finish bottom...

I'll be starting this up a bit later. :thup:

I see. Thank you for the reply.

I took a look through the JFL teams and noticed a few of them had no players at all in the first team. With any luck, one of those team won't finish bottom...

I'll be starting this up a bit later. :thup:

Good luck mate, and look forward to your participation in the challenge. :)

Persiter Ternate - 2011/12 Review

Indonesian First Division: 6th (Media prediction 4th)

Indonesian Cup: Lost in Round 1

A solid mid table finish for us in our first season in the First Division, though we went through the first half of the season unbeaten in 3rd place. After that, we struggled for wins and goals, and slipped down the table, and away from promotion. Our top scorer only scored 5, so definitely an area for improvement next season; we only scored 22 in our 22 league games. Our defence was good though, conceding only 17 goals. If we can defend like that next season, and turn draws into wins, we should be in contention for promotion.

Finances

Lost a bit of money last season. We received £45k for finishing 6th, and we get £34.5k for TV rights for the next season. An average attendance of 8756 helped to keep us in the black.

I've managed to pick up a few good players on free transfers so far, including a couple of strikers: 32 year old Aliyuddin, who scored 12 goals in the Super League last season, and Indonesian-Brazilian Cuca, who is actually a local having been born in Ternate. I'm hopeful that Aliyuddin in particular can give our attack a bit more bite, even if only for a season or 2.

Season	Division	MP	Finish	Cup	Asia Notes
2011/12	First Division	4th	6th	R1	n/a

This is definitely one of my favourite challenges in terms of helping me to explore new areas of world football! After some fun escapades in South Korea back on FM09, I had a pretty epic game in India in FM10 that I never quite got around to writing up on the forums. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has that problem - you start a game, get a few months or even a season into it to make sure that you're actually going to get into the save... and then before you know it ten seasons have passed, you never got around to posting, and the effort of writing it all up becomes so monumental that you don't ever feel like it!

Anyway - this is all a long way of saying that I'm back and returning to India this time around. Fortunately the team I wanted was promoted at the first attempt, so I didn't have lots of annoying reloading to get my first choice - Cristoval Alvarez is the new manager of Vasco Sports Club in the Indian National Football League.

My 2nd season is going much like the first: decent enough start, but after the halfway stage of the season we're slipping down the table. Once again, we're really struggling to score goals, though our defence is still doing ok. We've scored 11, conceded 12 in 15 games. Aliyuddin has been useless.

I think the problem is creating chances at the moment, our midfield isn't great. But I was unable to add much to it in the summer, I scouted hundreds of players, and none would have improved my squad, worryingly.

And in the next game, we win 3-0 against a team higher than us, with 77% of possession :D More of that please.

With 6 games to go, we're still in 6th, but only 5 points off the top. If we can put a run of wins together, we've got a great chance of promotion.

aqefs.jpg

~Sham Shui Po ~ Hong Kong First Division ~ Season 1 2022/23~

~League~

Newly promoted Sham Shui Po Sports Association were expected to battle against relegation this season as is expected with most clubs in their first season in the league.

The season started well with the us managing 3 wins in our first 5 games, the team continued fighting in similar fashion throughout the season and was never in any danger of being relegated, when the season came to a close we managed to secure the 6th spot in the league, much to the delight of the 20 or so fans we have.

League Table

Fixture List

~Cups~

The cups as usually managed to squeeze themselfs in between the season with the first one being the Senior Shield, in the first round we met Citizen and disposed of them in surprising fashion 2:1, we went on to meet TSW Pegasus in the quarter-final and there the scoreline would be the same but in favour of TSW Pegasus.

The League Cup saw us in a group with Tuen Mun and TSW Pegasus, losing both games meant that we did not participate further in that cup.

Last cup competition of the season was as always the FA Cup, in the first round we met Pontic and after a close game managed to scrape a 1:0 victory to see us to the quarter-final where we met Tuen Mun, with no goals scored it meant it was time for the penalty shootout where tuen Mun won 4:2.

~Transfers~

The club picked up a few south american players on trial and ended up signing four of them, no other players came in.

Transfers

~Awards and Other~

Hong Kong First Division Fair Play Award: 1st Sham Shui Po

Fan's Player of the year: Chan Ka Hing

Sham Shui Po best XI

Archived