FM11: Official AFC Ajax thread: Let's get that third star!

waldywaldy

bOPPh.png

League table: http://i.imgur.com/rvuJ0.png

Only made one signing

poQF6.png

He's on fire at the moment, 4 goals in 4. Beat Chelsea to sign him. Cost me 2.5M

OUT:

El Hamdaoui - on loan to Leverkusen, loan fee- 300K, permanent deal = 5.75M

Demy de Zeeuw - Getafe (2M up front, 5M over 48 months, 10% of profit next sale)

Eyong Enoh - on a loan to Braga, loan fee - 700K. permanent deal = 4M

Promoted Mats Rits, Rodney Sneijder and Ouasim Bouy to the first team.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damit my 2012/13 season is going on tough. Lost PSV 0-2 at home. They've beaten me twice this season. Now I'm 1 point behind them and I have all the hard games left (Groningen, Utrecht, AZ, Feyenoord) and they have relatively easy ones.

Will play Dutch Cup final against Twente.

Did beat Palermo at home 4-2 (after extra time), so reached to quarter finals of Champions Cup. Next stop - Barcelona. Lionel Messi season is over due to bad injury, but still my best attempt is just to avoid too heavy beating.

Does anyone else notice this when Spring arrives and some sort of tiredness kicks in? Especially when it's been a good season and you're still in several competitions, there's a lot of weeks with 2 games and you see that some player who play virtually every game just can't recover well enough? There's some injuries, some poor form, some cards have been collected and few first team players are suspended once in a while and at the same time, most crucial games are coming in a row and you can't afford losing any of those.

In Spring, it still appears that my defensive line is a bit too young. Xandro Schenk has been good and headhunted by Liverpool and Chelsea, but he's still 19. Boilesen 20. Boukhari (moroccon regen) 21 and got his first NT call-up. I also may have to admit that selling Suarez mid-season may have been a mistake.

Damit my 2012/13 season is going on tough. Lost PSV 0-2 at home. They've beaten me twice this season. Now I'm 1 point behind them and I have all the hard games left (Groningen, Utrecht, AZ, Feyenoord) and they have relatively easy ones.

Will play Dutch Cup final against Twente.

Did beat Palermo at home 4-2 (after extra time), so reached to quarter finals of Champions Cup. Next stop - Barcelona. Lionel Messi season is over due to bad injury, but still my best attempt is just to avoid too heavy beating.

Does anyone else notice this when Spring arrives and some sort of tiredness kicks in? Especially when it's been a good season and you're still in several competitions, there's a lot of weeks with 2 games and you see that some player who play virtually every game just can't recover well enough? There's some injuries, some poor form, some cards have been collected and few first team players are suspended once in a while and at the same time, most crucial games are coming in a row and you can't afford losing any of those.

In Spring, it still appears that my defensive line is a bit too young. Xandro Schenk has been good and headhunted by Liverpool and Chelsea, but he's still 19. Boilesen 20. Boukhari (moroccon regen) 21 and got his first NT call-up. I also may have to admit that selling Suarez mid-season may have been a mistake.

I usually give all my players 1 day rest after every game, I find it helps allot against the tiredness.

w50C2.png

Was lucky to draw against NEC Breda. As we scored last minute equaliser. Was unlucky to draw against PSV as stupid ****, Ooijer, decided to give them a penalty by tripping up one of their player in the penalty box. Highlight for me was Lodeiro's hat trick against them :D

League table: http://i.imgur.com/efMq4.png

OsD3y.png

Fantastic result. Went for 4-4-2 with slow tempo, narrow width and high D line and did the job.

Transfer - Agreed to sign Lucas Digne from Lille for 2.1M. Will join the club in January. As I needed another left back as I only got one which is Anita.

How good is Lorenzo Ebecillo, looks promosing. Unsure about how much faith I want to put in him and quite unsure what formation to play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1? Eriksen I think would flourish more in a 4-2-3-1 but 4-3-3 seems more traditional and fluid

He's playing well for me as AMR.

Here is his stats.

AxYWM.png

Direct link if you cant see it above.

http://i.imgur.com/FP6Cd.png

I'd go for 4-2-3-1 but it's your game, your choice.

Thanks for advice. I am surprised tbh that you loaned out El Hamadoui, he is a quality player, I found out that I could sell Citanvich for £6.75m. That is a very good offer for a striker I would call decent

I'm not a fan of El Hamadoui, Kept missing chances so I decided to loan him out instead. I'd hold on to Citanvich, is a good striker and much better than El Hamadoui.

rjGIm.png

Another fantastic result :) Disappointed with FC Utrecht result as they counter attacked in 89th minutes and equalised. Qualified for Knockout stages after beating Valencia. Will finish top regarding the result against Man utd in last game of the group.

CNFyY.png

Transfers: Selling De Jong to Dortmund for 7.5M. Decided to sell him as I got Lodeiro, Eriksen and Aissati.

Tough choice, but I think El Hamadoui might just get the nod for me, but I may end up keeping Citanvich. The problem is Ajax have so much good youngsters, I am unsure as to who promote. Florian Jozefzoon looks promising and is wanted by Arsenal.

BTW that is a good price for De Jong. How is Eriksen getting on on your save, I am looking forward to developing him

Tough choice, but I think El Hamadoui might just get the nod for me, but I may end up keeping Citanvich. The problem is Ajax have so much good youngsters, I am unsure as to who promote. Florian Jozefzoon looks promising and is wanted by Arsenal.

BTW that is a good price for De Jong. How is Eriksen getting on on your save, I am looking forward to developing him

That's annoying thing, Ajax got good youngsters and It's a tough choice to decide who gets promoted to first team. I promoted Rodney Sneijder, Mats Rits and Ouasim Bouy.

Eriksen is playing well, Played 12 games, 2 goals, 11 assists and 3 MOTM.

Who has got the most goals and assist in your team John?

Cedric Bakambu, 15 goals in 21 games.

Eriksen with 11 assists. I thought it would be Lodeiro but it's Eriksen.

I've decided to employ 2 formations depending on opponent.

4-2-3-1 (Current formation)

4-2-3-1 narrow

15 goals for Bakambu, quite an achievement for 19 year old :thup:

Yeah, but he keeps missing easy chances :( I came close to sign Neymar from Santos after agreeing fee, 23M but his agent was being a idiot by refusing to budge over his fee, 2.6M. So I had to cancel contract talks in the end. Might take a look at Lukaku. I did agree fee with them but couldn't complete the deal as I had no funds at that time.

Lukaku will proably get more expensive over time as well so I guess you should make some early movements :). What season are you in?

I bidded 5M for him and they negotiated it to 7.5M which is not bad. I'm still in my first season :) Just hit December. But I might promote one or two strikers from the reserves or youth.

As we're about to hit the winter break.

DWSKJ.png

Not happy with Feyenoord loss. A game which we should have drew but stupid officials disallowed Bakambu's goal in 90th minutes before they hit their 4th. Annoyed with ADO Den Haag, we had a lot of shots at goal.

SS3Xt.png

Champions League: Will play Porto in Knock out stages. Will play first leg away.

KNVB-Beker: Will play AZ away in Quarter Final.

Transfers: Signed Romelu Lukaku for 7.5M (will join in January) Also in talks with Borja Baston after agreeing fee - 4M.

9 players in the team are wanted by other clubs.

My 11.3 save goes on very well. Started with 4 wins in a row in the league (last one 1-0 against AZ, they scored an own goal in 90+2 minutes).

Champions League last playoff round vs. Celtic started well, I won first leg at home 5-0.

Villarreal is interested in Cvitanich, I'll send him on long term loan with future £2,5m fee. Otherwise have kept initial squad and plan to rely on home-grown Dutch players, as usual.

Edit: ManUtdFan, I don't remember exactly, but I use always 'high league bonus' option to motivate squad and IIRC high league bonus is £2,2m and 1st place prize money is £2m.

Edit2: I had a thought about following real-life transfers as game allows me to do it, and I was wondering how other managers feel about this Summer movements IRL - De Zeeuw and Lindgren out, Theo Janssen and Mats Rits in. El Hamdaoui probably out and Stekelenburg more likely to go to Roma.

In FM, I feel that De Zeeuw is better than Janssen, Lindgren is replaceable, though, and Mats Rits is definitely a great talent. Other players that are left (Oleguer, Atouba, Tainio) I don't miss too much. Bringing up youth is more like Ajax style anyway.

Thinking of starting as Ajax , wanted to know, how the prize money is in Eredivisie . How much do you get, if you win the league ?

Start of season expectations

Title Challenge: Transfer Budget €5M/£4.3M and Wage Budget €1.6M/£1.4M

Winner: Transfer Budget €5,75M/£5M and Wage Budget €1.7M/£1.5M

From the main page. But it might be different if you using a update. I'm not sure about prize money.

My 11.3 save goes on very well. Started with 4 wins in a row in the league (last one 1-0 against AZ, they scored an own goal in 90+2 minutes).

Champions League last playoff round vs. Celtic started well, I won first leg at home 5-0.

Villarreal is interested in Cvitanich, I'll send him on long term loan with future £2,5m fee. Otherwise have kept initial squad and plan to rely on home-grown Dutch players, as usual.

Edit: ManUtdFan, I don't remember exactly, but I use always 'high league bonus' option to motivate squad and IIRC high league bonus is £2,2m and 1st place prize money is £2m.

Edit2: I had a thought about following real-life transfers as game allows me to do it, and I was wondering how other managers feel about this Summer movements IRL - De Zeeuw and Lindgren out, Theo Janssen and Mats Rits in. El Hamdaoui probably out and Stekelenburg more likely to go to Roma.

In FM, I feel that De Zeeuw is better than Janssen, Lindgren is replaceable, though, and Mats Rits is definitely a great talent. Other players that are left (Oleguer, Atouba, Tainio) I don't miss too much. Bringing up youth is more like Ajax style anyway.

I think you should ask between 5-6M as future fee :thup: I think Ajax will probably struggle this season if their key players leaves ie Stekelenburg.

Mats Rits got huge potential, I'd also keep a eye on Bouy as he's a good youngster. I'm trying to bring youth up as well :)

What formation are you playing, Draakon?

john1, in saves that I've played for 3-4 season I've found that it's fairly sustainable to continue with initial players and sell your star players only in positions where you have talented youngster coming in, so you can easily rebuild your team by only using your own youth players.

My formation is a simple 4-5-1 which has brought me success since FM10 and continues to work well in FM11.

GK: defend

DR/DL: automatic

DCs: defend (I tweak passing to more direct for a players like Alderweireld who has passing 17)

DMC: defensive midfielder defend

MCr: central midfielder attack

MCl: central midfielder support (I've used Enoh in there as ball-winning midfielder against really strong teams)

AMR: winger attack - usually wide play is set to 'normal'

AML: winger attack - works for Sulejmani, Cvitanich plays in AML as inside forward attack (normal wide play) and Aissati as advanced playmaker attack (cut inside)

ST: complete forward attack - works for all El Hamdaoui, Cvitanich and Suk. Ofthen this position has more creative than finishing role, providing through balls for both wingers.

Team tactics: mentality attacking, fluid. Other settings default, only DL is set to +2.

Against very strong opponents in European level and/or Eredivisie (i.e. away against PSV) when I'd be happy with draw I use standard mentality with counter-attacking ticked 'yes'.

Against much weaker domestic sides, especially the ones with pacey strikers, 'control' has worked well too.

Current squad:

GK: Stekelenburg, Vermeer

DR: van der Wiel, Silva

DC: Alderweireld, Oleguer

DC: Vertonghen, Ooijer

DL: Anita, Blind, Atouba

DMC: Enoh, Bonevacia

MC (support): De Zeeuw, Lindgren, Tainio

MC (attack): Lodeiro, de Jong, Eriksen

AMR: Ebecilio, Jozefszoon

AML: Sulejmani, Cvitanich, Özbiliz

ST: El Hamdaoui, Suk, Castillion

Initial long term plans concerning squad: Cvitanich to long-term loan, more playing time to Özbiliz and Castillion. In the end of the season Atouba, Oleguer, Tainio, Ooijer contracts will end. Ooijer perhaps will stay an extra year for tutoring purpose. In 2011/2012 it's time to introduce Boilesen, Bouy, Jody Lukoki and Toivomäki to first team, also players like Aissati and Zeegelaar will return from loan and may be useful.

I usually found that Ajax has rather too many young talents so I feel that buying players would be a waste of money.

I usually found that Ajax has rather too many young talents so I feel that buying players would be a waste of money.

I agree. Would be a waste not to use youngsters as most of them got decent potential. So I'm going to try and spend less money and promote youth but will spend if I need to.

I've already called up Boilesen to the first team and played couples of games so far, will probably be Alderweireld's replacement when he leaves the club in January.

I also finds it strange to see Ajax got so many youth coaches when they're poor. Kept Wim Jonk, Dennis Bergkamp (Couldn't get rid of him as I love him :p ) Edmond Claus, Only brought in Edorta Murua whom is overlooking the U's 18. and sacked other youth coaches.

I even made cheeky bid to attempt to bring back Sneijder, VDV and Huntelaar back to Ajax :p

john1, I usually take a chance to brong back any of Ajax legends too, but not for big money. More often when they are transfer listed or contract is ending etc. Point is, that they usually make good tutors and one downside while playing with very young squad is that you don't have enough tutors for all of your youngsters.

For example in the beginning of the game you have Stekelenburg, Ooijer, Silva, De Zeeuw and El Hamdaoui - only 5 players who are suitable and old enough.

john1, I usually take a chance to brong back any of Ajax legends too, but not for big money. More often when they are transfer listed or contract is ending etc. Point is, that they usually make good tutors and one downside while playing with very young squad is that you don't have enough tutors for all of your youngsters.

For example in the beginning of the game you have Stekelenburg, Ooijer, Silva, De Zeeuw and El Hamdaoui - only 5 players who are suitable and old enough.

That's true. I might take a look at experience players on free transfers to tutor youngsters.

Transfers: Just pre signed Borja Baston on free transfer (will join the club when his contract expires. Good to save 4M :p

Ebecilio just threw his toy out of his pram after I rejected Juventus's bid for him. They offered 1.5M and I negotiated it to 3M plus 50% and they withdrawn. He also asked for transfer and I said no. Also Barcelona enquired about Bakambu, I asked for 40M plus 50% and they also withdrawn.

Sold Vermeer to Real Madrid for 2.1M and Graafland to Schalke for 55K. Promoted Bizot to first team.

Eriksen loves me now :p He won Arets Danske Fodboldspiller, 2010 Danish Media player of the year, 2010 Arets Talent and 2010 Aria U19 Talent Pris.

Did you offer Ebecillo a new contract as his contract runs out 2011? Not to underestimate Ajax but I am quite surprised Bakambu was not upset considering the size of Barca, but does reflect how good he has been for you and btw how good is Suk? Seems to be higlhly rated by the staff but unsure as to what In should do with him.

Did you offer Ebecillo a new contract as his contract runs out 2011? Not to underestimate Ajax but I am quite surprised Bakambu was not upset considering the size of Barca, but does reflect how good he has been for you and btw how good is Suk? Seems to be higlhly rated by the staff but unsure as to what In should do with him.

He's contracted to 2013. I'm using MG's update btw. Yeah, I thought Bakambu would be upset but he didn't complain. I'm not sure, on his personal screen it said happy to play for the club. I believe Ajax let Suk go in real life and on FM as well. I'd keep him tbh, But sell him if you need the money to spend on other position.

2i7s7jc.png

I have just signed Amorebieta from Athletic for 3.8M.

Real Ajax transfers 2011 (changes that are different from SI 11.3 database)

players out:

Rolad Graafland - to VV Capelle (free)

Lorenzo Burnet - to FC Groningen (free)

Johan Kappelhof - to FC Groningen (free)

Rob Wielaert - to Roda (free) - he's on loan there in FM, I don't remember if future transfer was included to database or not

Roly Bonevacia - to NAC Breda (loan)

Marco Bizot - to SC Cambuur (loan)

Jordy Deckers - to Excelsior (free)

Florian Jozefzoon - to NAC Breda (loan)

Marvin Zeegelaar - to Espanyol (free) - he's in loan in FM, but I think it was Racing

Rasmus Lindgren - to Salzburg (free)

Tom Overtoom - to Sparta (free)

Suk - to FC Groningen (free)

Sergio Padt - to AA Gent

Demy De Zeeuw - to spartak Moscow (€ 6m) - don't understand why would you want to sell him in FM for 6m, though

Dario Cvitanich - to Boca Juniors (loan)

Oleguer - released

players in:

Thulani Serero - from Ajax CT (in 11.3 he wasn't in Ajax CT squad, perhaps he's there with all South African players loaded, I don't know)

Theo Janssen - from Twente (€ 3m)

Mats Rits - from Germinal Beerschot (free)

Derk Boerrigter - from RKC (in game he's pretty quickly snapped away by Heerenveen in Summer 2010)

Kolbeinn Sigdorsson - from AZ (€ 5m)

Generally, it looks like Ajax has got rid of a lot of deadwood and young players who were not able to break through (e.g. Suk, Overtoom, Zeegelaar, Kappelhof), older foreigner players like Oleguer, Cvitanich (playing in Argentina might be also connected with personal choices of player or home sickness) and Lindgren (who played too rarely last season).

Selling De Zeeuw was probably a tough choice, but allegedly he was unhappy about lack of playing time (player of his status obviously expects granted first XI place, but Ajax have too many good young midfielders like de Jong and Eriksen who made a real breakthrough season. So getting €6m out of the deal and replacing him with another Dutch international midfielder with great leadership abilities to put next to young talents (and, getting some €3m profit from this swap) was probably a good decision by Ajax management.

Now, about bought players, Thulani Serero and Mats Rits are obviously the ones for the future. Rits being followed for many years by Ajax management (and, by FM scouts as well, remember what a talent he was in FM10?). Thulani Serero has been in trial with Ajax several times and this year he reached to contract. A feeder club deal.

Boerrigter and Sigdorsson are good young players, but already established themselves in Eredivisie level. Main factors here are probably lack of strikers (as Suk, Cvitanich are leaving). Both are versatile, able to play as wingers too, and both scored plenty of goals last season. Ajax have a very creative midfield, so having someone up front who can finish the chances will make the attack more lethal.

Yes I think they sold him to someone like Gronigen if I am right. How about Eriksen, how is he playing and is there any interest in him?

He was released and joined Gronigen. Eriksen is playing well atm. I think there are 2 or 3 clubs are interested in him. Will check it up on FM.

Will do January update in a minute.

EDIT: only Schalke interested in Eriksen.

Real Ajax transfers 2011 (changes that are different from SI 11.3 database)

players in:

Thulani Serero - from Ajax CT (in 11.3 he wasn't in Ajax CT squad, perhaps he's there with all South African players loaded, I don't know)

Theo Janssen - from Twente (€ 3m)

Mats Rits - from Germinal Beerschot (free)

Derk Boerrigter - from RKC (in game he's pretty quickly snapped away by Heerenveen in Summer 2010)

Kolbeinn Sigdorsson - from AZ (€ 5m)

Generally, it looks like Ajax has got rid of a lot of deadwood and young players who were not able to break through (e.g. Suk, Overtoom, Zeegelaar, Kappelhof), older foreigner players like Oleguer, Cvitanich (playing in Argentina might be also connected with personal choices of player or home sickness) and Lindgren (who played too rarely last season).

Selling De Zeeuw was probably a tough choice, but allegedly he was unhappy about lack of playing time (player of his status obviously expects granted first XI place, but Ajax have too many good young midfielders like de Jong and Eriksen who made a real breakthrough season. So getting €6m out of the deal and replacing him with another Dutch international midfielder with great leadership abilities to put next to young talents (and, getting some €3m profit from this swap) was probably a good decision by Ajax management.

Now, about bought players, Thulani Serero and Mats Rits are obviously the ones for the future. Rits being followed for many years by Ajax management (and, by FM scouts as well, remember what a talent he was in FM10?). Thulani Serero has been in trial with Ajax several times and this year he reached to contract. A feeder club deal.

Boerrigter and Sigdorsson are good young players, but already established themselves in Eredivisie level. Main factors here are probably lack of strikers (as Suk, Cvitanich are leaving). Both are versatile, able to play as wingers too, and both scored plenty of goals last season. Ajax have a very creative midfield, so having someone up front who can finish the chances will make the attack more lethal.

I think Ajax done well to get rid of deadwoods but I thought they might have hold on to De Zeeuw and get him to tutor the youngsters (Rits etc etc) Surprised he was sold to Spartak Moscow. I think you got a point about Strikers, I don't know who going to score goals for Ajax this season.

IRL, I still believe El Hamadoui is one of the best strikers in the division and when he did not have his problems he scored a lot of goals so I still think you should have faith in him.

As with Thulani serero, in FM 11.3 he is with the Ajax CT squad, but you have to load the South African League. This is what I plan to do as this is a policy for Ajax to do this if I am right, like the same way they got Enoh and Pienarr if I am right?

I am surprised Ajax sold De Zeeuw as well tbh, not sure of the reason.

One question about the game which I am unsure about is with the Ajax reserve team. They are entered in the cup competition. What is the policy of the club to do when the reserves are entered into this and how do you people approach this in the game, because it can be used as a cheat if you know what I mean.

ReggaeBwoy, I read that De Zeeuw was not happy with his role in Ajax last season and wanted more first team football and that was a reason for transfer. Perhaps there was something else as well, disagreements with staff etc. I reckognize his experience very influential and important for Ajax.

True, Pienaar came from Ajax CT, so was Stanton Lewis who played in Amsterdam few seasons back. I don't remember about Enoh, he's from Cameroon.

Back to FM. I control both U-19 and reserve teams and play their cup matches as well. But I don't cheat in terms of playing first XI players for Ajax 2. Usually two cup games are fairly close, so players don't recover well enough to play both games.

Sometimes Ajax are drawn against Ajax 2, in that case I let my assman take charge of reserves for this game.

But I have to say that my reserve team, which consists usually only 18-19 yo. youngsters can be a real threat in the competition. In my 11.2 save Ajax 2 reached to semi finals (and met Ajax there), having beaten Roda 7-0 in 2nd round, but this team was helped by fairly lucky draws and faced mostly D1 sides in latter stages.

IRL, I still believe El Hamadoui is one of the best strikers in the division and when he did not have his problems he scored a lot of goals so I still think you should have faith in him.

As with Thulani serero, in FM 11.3 he is with the Ajax CT squad, but you have to load the South African League. This is what I plan to do as this is a policy for Ajax to do this if I am right, like the same way they got Enoh and Pienarr if I am right?

I am surprised Ajax sold De Zeeuw as well tbh, not sure of the reason.

One question about the game which I am unsure about is with the Ajax reserve team. They are entered in the cup competition. What is the policy of the club to do when the reserves are entered into this and how do you people approach this in the game, because it can be used as a cheat if you know what I mean.

I believe Ajax gets the first option to take a look at Ajax CT players. I tends to leave reserves and U's18 to my coaching team. I don't see the point of needing to control them when my coaches are good enough to manage them. I find Serero useful as he can play across the midfielders.

I'm thinking about keeping El Hamadoui after his loan finish at the end of the season. But agreed fee of 5.75M to turn it into permanent deal. When I first started with Ajax, he kept missing chances and had a lot of CCC.

For me he hasn't scored a single goal in 5 Eredivisie games yet, but has got 7 goals in 5 ECC games. A bit weird, but I'm not complaining too much.

First ECC Group stage game in first season - against AS Roma at home ended with 4:0 (El Hamdaoui 2, Sulejmani 1 (pen), Vertonghen). Two others are Chelsea and Salzburg. Tough group.

5WLnc.png

Couldn't ask for a better month especially Porto result away from home. Went 4-1-2-1-2 with slow tempo, narrow width and high D line and we limited Porto to 3 shots all game. We had chances to win the game but finishing let us down.

vQ2FS.png

If you need a defender, look no further than Fernando Amorebieta. Already been superb for me. 5 games in, 2 goals and 2 MOTM.

Just noticed my loan debt on information screen had gone down. I think at the start was around 11.5M and now it's at 10M.

Amorebita does look quite good, he looks similar mould to Amorebita, both look decent on the ball but atm I am happy with Vertonghen and Alderwield. That will be a brilliant achievement if you reach the quarters in the CL.

The debt shouldnt be a real problem if I am right, look how much players the club has sold over the recent years, surprised there is any debt within the club. I am surprised irl why Ajax are suich a selling club, if they kept on them they could have on eof the best teams in the world.

@Draakon do Ajax reserves play in the Cup competition IRL or anyone lese who knows the answer to this. Would it be possible irl for Ajax to play their reserves.

Amorebita does look quite good, he looks similar mould to Amorebita, both look decent on the ball but atm I am happy with Vertonghen and Alderwield. That will be a brilliant achievement if you reach the quarters in the CL.

The debt shouldnt be a real problem if I am right, look how much players the club has sold over the recent years, surprised there is any debt within the club. I am surprised irl why Ajax are suich a selling club, if they kept on them they could have on eof the best teams in the world.

@Draakon do Ajax reserves play in the Cup competition IRL or anyone lese who knows the answer to this. Would it be possible irl for Ajax to play their reserves.

I'm also surprised to see Ajax selling their key players. Looks like its going to make them weaker unless De Boer brings someone in. I agree, They would be a fantastic side if they kept ex Ajax players ie Huntelaar, Sneijder, VDV.

I do believe Ajax can/could play their reserves in cup competition.

john1, that's not a new thing. Ajax have always sold their key players. Most recently Emanuelson and Suarez. In recent years there have been several different managers, hence the different transfer policy. For example Sulejmani was bought from Heerenveen for £13,5 and hasn't truly justified this price tag yet. He claimed consistent first team place just last season.

Believing in their own youth system has always been key to Ajax and that's the case now, too. Ebecilio, Özbiliz, Eriksen made a breakthrough last year and Ajax was able to win the title despite letting Emanuelson and Suarez go in January. Several others made a big improvements as a footballers (Siem de Jong, for example). A few young talents were brought into the squad too (Toivomäki, Lukoki). I regard De Zeeuw as only significant loss for them, but I hope Janssen can fill that gap.

Now, if you take a look at Ajax squad, there are a lot of players who are younger than 21. Even established first team players like Vertonghen, van der Wiel, Alderweireld, de Jong, Anita, Blind, Sulejmani are just in their early 20s. They've got a huge potential and buying established older players for big bucks will take away playing time from them.

I agree with you in terms of Champions League competition. This tournament prefers experience over youth and few older internationals would certainly help, but I understand that Ajax's board management are realistic and repeating 95's success is not their target this season.

Some time ago Ajax formulated a long term strategy for youth development and also set their aim to win Eredivisie at least in every other year. I feel current actions in transfer market are made according to this strategy.

But then you can see that Dutch leagues cannot compete with other top leagues ie Premier League, La Liga and Serie A. I presume every clubs is following their "believe in youth" protocol. Ajax got incredible young players in the team and won't surprise me if in few years time, if most of Ajax dutch players all start for Holland :p It's a good way to save money instead of blowing over 20M plus on players instead of looking to youth system, unlike Man City. It's about building for the future in long term.

I swapped Siem de Jong and Sulejmani for Eden Hazard in my best bit of business. Lille were interested in both players and I offered them in exchange for Hazard with no fee and they accepted. de Jong looks a very good player but Ajax have lots of talent at AMC so I won't miss him. I also sold Araz Özbiliz as he doesn't appear to have much potential on the game.

How did you do it ? I've tried with Lindgren,Enoh,De Jong - all have rejected contracts from Ajax :( .

Archived