FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

Just signed both Xabi and Kaka on a free. Their wages demands were so much less since they were both free agents released by Madrid.

EDIT: Kaka rejected the contract and wanted more. So forget about him, its all about 33 year old XABIIIIII :D

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My season has gone downhill and some of my players just aren't performing or it's my tactic but either way am going to have to sort it out it's mad tho as I was smashing teams then all of a sudden 1 defeat and my form hasn't been the same

Where is everyone ? like a grave yard here

Alright mate am here am not dead yet ;)

After my recent form nice to get back to winning ways smashing the blue ***** 5-1 at home

alright lads, im here too now :D

sold players = 94m

brought players = 25m

almost 70m profit :D

Nice one I've been like that this season but shall be making a few changes during the summer

Nice one I've been like that this season but shall be making a few changes during the summer

Hehe. Yeah, just made quite a few changes to the team. Hope it works out. Just one more friendly then CS against Utd and then the league begins.

Im off to work cya lads :thup:

Later mate.

Hey guys my first time on this thread even though I've written a lot in the tactical forum. I just started my first season with Liverpool. I'm 2nd place in the league with 5 games to go. I'm 3 points behind Chelsea who I'll face in a couple of games. I reached the FA cup final and I'm in the Uefa cup semis as well, so if all works well I'll have a fantastic season.

I only bought two players; Honda in the summer (39 M, 13 G, 22 A) for 12.5m Pounds, and Lucas Barrios from Dortmund in January (12 M, 6 G, 2 A) for 18.75m (way too expnsive).

Since you guys are more experienced than me, which players do you recommend for me? and who of them come cheaply (or cheaper) in the 2nd season?

Good luck all

Hey guys my first time on this thread even though I've written a lot in the tactical forum. I just started my first season with Liverpool. I'm 2nd place in the league with 5 games to go. I'm 3 points behind Chelsea who I'll face in a couple of games. I reached the FA cup final and I'm in the Uefa cup semis as well, so if all works well I'll have a fantastic season.

I only bought two players; Honda in the summer (39 M, 13 G, 22 A) for 12.5m Pounds, and Lucas Barrios from Dortmund in January (12 M, 6 G, 2 A) for 18.75m (way too expnsive).

Since you guys are more experienced than me, which players do you recommend for me? and who of them come cheaply (or cheaper) in the 2nd season?

Good luck all

Depending on what position the likes of Eriksen, Tolói, Fazio, Adam, Vertonghen, Cahill can't think of any more atm as am in season 6

Any good young right midfielder around age of 19 to 25? going to june transfer window 2011 soon. not sure budget tho. must have good pace and crossing those type of players who can deliver for carroll and oso dribble in to pass.

Any good young right midfielder around age of 19 to 25? going to june transfer window 2011 soon. not sure budget tho. must have good pace and crossing those type of players who can deliver for carroll and oso dribble in to pass.

if you don;t have much to spend Kiko from Hercules is worth a punt for the RW position, or Chamberlain from Southampton, plays better than his starting stats suggest

Working from home while I wait for my new computer to be delivered. Tutoring youngsters counts as development right?

Just in time for my October slump as players get shunted around left right and centre as they get their full match fitness and hopefully find some form.

Wow its quiet here :)

Am still here mate am in pre season of season 7 and have just sold a 26 yr old Kelly to Sunderland for £7M as he wasn't really playing although I do need some new full backs Just better quality than Kelly

Am still here mate am in pre season of season 7 and have just sold a 26 yr old Kelly to Sunderland for £7M as he wasn't really playing although I do need some new full backs Just better quality than Kelly
Im in season 2 loaned out Carroll to the gunners as he was unhappy because i fined him for poor performance gonna sell him at seasons end

Im in season 2 loaned out Carroll to the gunners as he was unhappy because i fined him for poor performance gonna sell him at seasons end

I sold him to Arsenal a season or 2 ago am really struggling for some full backs to buy am looking at Kyle Walker as he has developed well but I last bid £15M and Spurs rejected it

Finding it hard to buy players as anyone am interested in clubs want near £50M some even more and I have £147M to spend so can afford it but I don't want to pay them prices but may have no choice

I need a full back maybe 2 if Johnson goes and Giuliano is getting sold as he is being way to greedy on his new contract and with his deal up at the end of the season I might aswell sell

LB or RB lfc?

Both mate

Hey lads, loading up. About to start the league in season 6.

Have 97m to spend due to me selling loads of players. Doubt I'll use any of that though.

Am the same have a budget this season of £147M and that is due to barley spending much over the last few years but this season I want to bring people in and looking at what am getting quoted I might have to spend big :(

Slightly off topic but we're being linked to Hazard in real life, hope its true :D - for around £20m

Read that yday and was thinking the same myself he would be a great signing

Ok lads im off good luck in your games :thup:

Cya later mate

Have signed a 28yr old Van Der Wiel for £15M

Anyway am off should e back on tonight cya later lads

Nice one mate. Cya later

Such ********. lost 2-1 to sunderland at home. 2 25 yarders. My players get yellow cards for one tackle yet their players get warnings. ******** ref.

Season 3 Not off to a great start. I'm unbeaten but drawing too many games. Already 9 points behind the Mancs and it's not even december yet! Maybe Hansen was right and you don't win anything with Kids. If I don't get sacked then there's a great squad for the next decade, but too many players blowing hot and cold at the moment.

Season 3 Not off to a great start. I'm unbeaten but drawing too many games. Already 9 points behind the Mancs and it's not even december yet! Maybe Hansen was right and you don't win anything with Kids. If I don't get sacked then there's a great squad for the next decade, but too many players blowing hot and cold at the moment.

Keep going mate, you can get those wins. Maybe tweak your tactics a bit.

Considering it, just taking all my strikers out back and shooting them might be just as effective. I think part of the problem is not so much the tactic, but in trying to address the inconsistency players are constantly getting swapped out to try and find someone who might actually play well. Maybe I need to just pick my best 11, ignore their fitness as long as it's over 90% and try and get a settled team for a bit. been absolutely decimated by injuries so far as well, no-ones fit, no-ones in form, no-ones scoring even though by and large we aren't actually doing too badly. Short of buying another 11 players, not too sure what to do about it right now.

Only conceded 8 goals in 14 games, but only scored 22 too.

My teams typically don't hit form until the new year anyway and I'm still in with a shout, but two spankings from the mancs in the community shield and League cup may not bode well as they're the team I really need to beat this season.

A question for Liverpool fans.

How would you go about building a modern-day side based on the tactics and personnel of Daglish's great 87-88 team? I'm ditching my old Liverpool save (11 seasons, 11 leagues) and starting a new one with this idea in mind. I'm thinking a 442 with short passing. Clearly, AC9 = Aldo. Suarez in the Beardsley role or out on the left, where Barnes played? Would the Barnes role be as an inside forward or an outright winger. I think probably the former. What would the center of midfield look like? The fullbacks? I'd be curious to hear a modern-day starting 11.

Thanks!

lets see if this bites me on the Arsenal like it did last time I used it. Just doled out a proper mauling to Benfica in the CL so used the "why can't you play like this every week?" option in the team talk. Last time I tried it I had a dressing room revolt on my hands, but after the performances of the last couple of weeks think I'm justified.

I'm at the final part of my season, about to play the 2nd leg in the UEFA Cup Semi-final away to Sampdoria. Then I'll play Chelsea away, who are the league leaders 3 points ahead of me. And I'm in the FA cup final as well...Exciting times!!

Brandon, you wanted the old Kenny Dalglish team and not the current one?

hey guys the suarez-carroll partnership aint doing any damage against any of my opponent at all and they just keep getting injured. i am thinking of getting a new first team striker to partner suarez and selling carroll. also getting a backup striker who can score well altho david ngog is doing ok he is too inconsistent. and most likely also a good right midfielder. need advice on whether i should play a crossing attack game or short passes game though it depends on which striker i get. i am thinking of zarate. but he may be too alike to suarez.

hey guys the suarez-carroll partnership aint doing any damage against any of my opponent at all and they just keep getting injured. i am thinking of getting a new first team striker to partner suarez and selling carroll. also getting a backup striker who can score well altho david ngog is doing ok he is too inconsistent. and most likely also a good right midfielder. need advice on whether i should play a crossing attack game or short passes game though it depends on which striker i get. i am thinking of zarate. but he may be too alike to suarez.

I had the same problem dude, I found playing Suarez Complete on his own worked amazing, I good replacement who will last for a few seasons depends how cheap you can get him for is Jermain Defoe, But have a look around, Good luck, Try Carroll Complete and Suarez Poacher, hat worked for a bit for me :)

Archived