FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

hello!!

I got a new laptop in time for FM2011!!! :D

My old laptop would run fm 2010 decently, with 3 leagues loaded, although only the 'Premier' league.

My new laptop has the following specs -

Dell Inspiron 1750

Pentium® Dual Core T4400, 2.2 GHz

2gb Ram (which I am working on upgrading)

Integrated Intel GMA x4500 (i think)

Its not a very good laptop, however its better than what I had. I dont play with the 3D match view so its all good.

How many leagues would you recommend that I load? Full league or just the top/top 2? I like the game to be as realistic as possible!

Thanks.

Will run around 20 leagues with 40,000 players well in my opinion. Also the 3D will run decent on that PC, even though you don't use it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're doing a great job here, TigerTime...

I'm going to play FM for the first time after playing CM0304 for ages.

Processor: Pentium Dual-Core 2.93GHz

RAM: 4GB

Operating System: Windows 7 (64 bits)

How far can I push my PC?

Cheers TFZ. Ishu is the one you should be thanking. He helps a lot and some of my own hardware knowledge comes from him.

I'd say 30-25 leagues should run pretty well with around 60,000 players.

Tnx... both of you ;)

Cheers TFZ. Ishu is the one you should be thanking. He helps a lot and some of my own hardware knowledge comes from him.

I'd say 30-25 leagues should run pretty well with around 60,000 players.

@TFZ You can also bump the players to 80,000 as you are on 64bit.

What would I be looking at in regards to leagues and players, it was a phenom x6 2.8 (possible overclock to 3.5) and 4 gig of ddr3 ram?

We built that together right. Therefore it can automatically run every league with 100,000+ players. ;)

For FM only, Middle one.

If you play other games, Top one.

is the graphis good enough to run 3d on all of the three?

Yes

We dd indeed, so you reckon i'll be able to run a fair few? I didn't realise it would be such a monster!

Cutting on the Graphic card helped. I tried to use all the budget on CPU and RAM as they are most important for FM. And you can run all leagues.

Yes

Cutting on the Graphic card helped. I tried to use all the budget on CPU and RAM as they are most important for FM. And you can run all leagues.

I ended up getting a better graphics card as well the radeon 5670 hd 1 gig. So i ended up with everything i wanted! Do you reckon it worth overclocking my proccy yet?

I ended up getting a better graphics card as well the radeon 5670 hd 1 gig. So i ended up with everything i wanted! Do you reckon it worth overclocking my proccy yet?

If you know what you are doing? BTW its a great OC'er. Can be pushed to 4GHz on air.:thup:

I found out fm would only use 4 gig max so that's what I went for!

Yeah 4GB is good and you can always upgrade. I said 6GB to allow room for Windows etc.

If you know what you are doing? BTW its a great OC'er. Can be pushed to 4GHz on air.:thup:

Yeah 4GB is good and you can always upgrade. I said 6GB to allow room for Windows etc.

I don't know how to overclock but I know a man who does, I've been told I could do it myself on this proccy to a certain level, but i'd rather leave it to a pro.

Also RAM is easy to upgrade, and the fact that i've got good DDR3 RAM will also help.

I don't know how to overclock but I know a man who does, I've been told I could do it myself on this proccy to a certain level, but i'd rather leave it to a pro.

Also RAM is easy to upgrade, and the fact that i've got good DDR3 RAM will also help.

Do it then. Also OC your Graphic card. ;)

Nah. I know more about the actual technical stuff and less about hardware.

By the way, are you sure daz can overclock to 4ghz? His processor is only 2.9ghz isn't it?

He's right, i've read it elsewhere, I won't do it to that, i'll stick to around 3.5!

Nah. I know more about the actual technical stuff and less about hardware. Whats this?

By the way, are you sure daz can overclock to 4ghz? His processor is only 2.9ghz isn't it?

If he is on a stock cooler, then I think 3.4 - 3.6. Depends on his atmosphere really. He will need to run the tests and find out.

Hello all,

Is there any difference in running the game on normal windows 7 or 64-bit windows 7?

Also will the following laptop run FM11 anyone:

# Intel® Core™ i3 370 (2.4GHz,3MB cache) Processor.

# Genuine Windows 7™ Home Premium Edition-

# 15.6" HD WXGA LCD Display (1366x768)

# Intel GMA X4500 HD GFX Integrated Graphics

# 3GB DDR3 1060MHz Notebook Memory

# 320GB Serial ATA-Notebook 2.5" Hard Drive

# DVD Super Format Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer

Hello all,

Is there any difference in running the game on normal windows 7 or 64-bit windows 7?

Only if you have more than 4GB RAM.

Also will the following laptop run FM11 anyone:

Yes 20 to 30 leagues with 50,000 players.

Just ordered an upgrade - 6gig DDR3 1600, Core i5 with the 8mb cache (2.8ghz) and a P55 Motherboard.

Course i'm not replacing my Radeon 3870 but atm I'm playing nothing more graphically intensive than WoW or Civ5, and the RAM/Cpu is far more important due to FM!

Just ordered an upgrade - 6gig DDR3 1600, Core i5 with the 8mb cache (2.8ghz) and a P55 Motherboard.

Course i'm not replacing my Radeon 3870 but atm I'm playing nothing more graphically intensive than WoW or Civ5, and the RAM/Cpu is far more important due to FM!

Congrats! This thing can run almost all leagues.

Archived