FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

I'm looking at a laptop around 2ghz processor 3-4gb ram, would it matter if the graphics card is bog standard?

Graphic does not affect the general speed of the game much.

An onboard card will use the CPU and will indirectly affect performance (depending on the CPU).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello my technical friends,

I have a question (very common theme in this thread), how many leagues will I be able to run with the following setup using a large database:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 GHz

4 GB Ram

32 Bit O/S Windows Vista

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (is this my weakness? I had a better card but it died and this is my current stop gap until I get a new one - I have noticed slightly slower loading times ingame)

Thanks in advance for the helpful advice, I appreciate it!

All this talk of quad core and quicker machines has got me interested in updating my machine (FM and the flow on it creates for the economy haha).

Roughly how much would it cost to make the following updates (I'm thinking a brand new machine)

- 64 bit O/S system Vista

- Quad Core Processor (which means I also need a new motherboard)

- What size HDD is good? I currently have a 250 gb but I need a new one as it's getting old now

- Better graphics card than what I currently have (open to idea's as to how good I need to go, the only gaming I do is FM related so it doesn't need to be something too over the top)

- 6 GB ram (I currently have 4, do you think I could use the 4 I have and just buy additional 2?)

Any other idea's? Am I looking at something very costly? I'd really love a machine that is very quick and smooth while operating FM11 and somewhere between 20 to 30 leagues...

Thanks in advance

All this talk of quad core and quicker machines has got me interested in updating my machine (FM and the flow on it creates for the economy haha).

Roughly how much would it cost to make the following updates (I'm thinking a brand new machine)

- 64 bit O/S system Vista

- What size HDD is good? I currently have a 250 gb but I need a new one as it's getting old now

- Better graphics card than what I currently have (open to idea's as to how good I need to go, the only gaming I do is FM related so it doesn't need to be something too over the top)

- 6 GB ram (I currently have 4, do you think I could use the 4 I have and just buy additional 2?)

Any other idea's? Am I looking at something very costly? I'd really love a machine that is very quick and smooth while operating FM11 and somewhere between 20 to 30 leagues...

Thanks in advance

personally i would go with win 7, more stable in my experience.

don't know if ur in the US or UK, but in the US, i get all my stuff from newegg.com...really reasonably priced stuff, with great return policy etc.

you can get a quad core 2.8ghz for $94

hard drive is up to you and what you think you'll need....500gb for $50

you can get a decent video card for $40 and up. I built my pc about a year ago and I've been using GeForce 9500 GT 1GB, which cost me about $65, i don't play pc games other than fm. never had problems

im currently running 6gb ram, it will probably be the most costly of all items, just make sure and get ddr3 if you can afford, and i would go with a known brand. Youd probably need a mobo with 4 slots, then you can do 2gb x 2 and 1gb x 2

Hi Guys,

On the verge of buying this laptop for the demo on thursday as seriously in need of a new machine, really need to know if this will be an adequate machine to buy?

I need to know if i can play in high quality in 3D with the graphics card in this laptop. Please look at the link below and let me know whether you think it will run 3d fast and smoothly.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-easynote-tm89-gn-025uk-06539254-pdt.html

Much appreciated guys, im not very intelligent on the computer spec front so your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

hoping to play this on my laptop.. the specs are . Intel Core i3-330m Processor with intel hd graphics and 4 gb RAM will it run smooth?

25 to 35 leagues and 80 to 100k players.

- 64 bit O/S system Vista Like drinkup I recommend W7 Around 70bucks

- What size HDD is good? I currently have a 250 gb but I need a new one as it's getting old now Depends on how YOU use it. Sit down and calculate how much you need. Buy twice that.

- Better graphics card than what I currently have (open to idea's as to how good I need to go, the only gaming I do is FM related so it doesn't need to be something too over the top) Current graphic card is good enough for FM. You can upgrade if you want.

- 6 GB ram (I currently have 4, do you think I could use the 4 I have and just buy additional 2?) Depends on what RAM you already have

Any other idea's? Am I looking at something very costly? I'd really love a machine that is very quick and smooth while operating FM11 and somewhere between 20 to 30 leagues... 20 leagues will be fast enough on your current rig. Also if you want me do give you a build suggest a budget or you can go with drinkup(Haven't checked out).

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys,

On the verge of buying this laptop for the demo on thursday as seriously in need of a new machine, really need to know if this will be an adequate machine to buy?

I need to know if i can play in high quality in 3D with the graphics card in this laptop. Please look at the link below and let me know whether you think it will run 3d fast and smoothly.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-easynote-tm89-gn-025uk-06539254-pdt.html

Much appreciated guys, im not very intelligent on the computer spec front so your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Looks decent. 20 to 30 leagues with 50,000 players. 3D will run on high decently, not Brilliantly. Tigertime has this card, wait for his suggestion.

Hello,

Sorry i'm back again. I've narrowed my search to these three, which one is best?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-easynote-tm89-gn-025uk-06539254-pdt.html

http://www.it247.com/product/1/HEWSU1D5/XC222EA-ABU-HP-G62-a45SA-Intel-Core-i3-350M-2-2GHz-Processor-3-GB-250-GB-HDD-HD-Graphics-Windows-7-Home-Premium.html

http://www.it247.com/product/1/HEWSU1D5/XC222EA-ABU-HP-G62-a45SA-Intel-Core-i3-350M-2-2GHz-Processor-3-GB-250-GB-HDD-HD-Graphics-Windows-7-Home-Premium.html

or a forth maybe:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-aspire-5551-06282288-pdt.html

The things that's confusing me is the difference in number of cores and cache. The first three have i3 dual core whereas the forth is a tri-core i think, but then the tri-core has a lower processor speed and lower cache level and memory....i'm more than a little confused! Could someone pass on some wisdom and advice please!

Thanks, much appreciated

Hi Ishu,

I was the guy a while back asking you all sorts of questions....my PC finally arrived (AMD Athlon II x4 2.8ghz 4gb Ram Nvidia 7100 i think- cr@p i know) and after all the deciding i think i'll stick with integrated graphics for now, and run either 2d of 3d on low perhaps....I never asked the no. of leagues you reckon i could run and players i could load? Thanks for all your help and time on this thread from all of us idiots :-)

Hey guys,

I'm hoping to get FM 2011, which will be my first FM game. I've played EHM for about 5 years and loved it. Wish there would be new versions coming out, but am now going to get FM. I'm not great with video specs and stuff like that. Will this system be able to run the game?

System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

Model Satellite L300

Total amount of system memory 3.00 GB RAM

System type 64-bit operating system (VISTA 64 Business SP2)

Number of processor cores 2

Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz

Storage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 231 GB

Disk partition (C:) 65 GB Free (151 GB Total)

Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Disk partition (E:) 51 GB Free (80 GB Total)

Graphics

Display adapter type Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Total available graphics memory 1341 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 128 MB

Dedicated system memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 1213 MB

Display adapter driver version 7.15.10.1502

Primary monitor resolution 1280x800

DirectX version DirectX 10

I think everything else should be fine, but I don't understand anything about the videocard. Thanks guys.

Try to maintain/optimize your PC.

Download and use "Piriform CCleaner", a disk defragment software and remove all junk with an antivirus, antispyware etc. This kinda stuff.

Try using a software called "Gamebooster"

If you are on Vista/7,

Right click the FM shortcut and select properties. Go to compatibility tab and select disable visual themes.

Actually I would advise against using the "Gamebooster" programe on laptops as it can kill your laptop battery as it's done with mine 3 times now

pb1uk

2nd and 3rd are ...... same :p.

The cache in i3 350Ms is lower but its L3 cache, while N830 (4th) has L2 cache.

CPU are similar in 2,3,4

Graphics is better in 4th (slightly)

Build quality is better in 2,3 (slightly).

Hi Ishu,

I was the guy a while back asking you all sorts of questions....my PC finally arrived (AMD Athlon II x4 2.8ghz 4gb Ram Nvidia 7100 i think- cr@p i know) and after all the deciding i think i'll stick with integrated graphics for now, and run either 2d of 3d on low perhaps....I never asked the no. of leagues you reckon i could run and players i could load? Thanks for all your help and time on this thread from all of us idiots :-)

I remember. :)

Which Windows?

Hey guys,

I think everything else should be fine, but I don't understand anything about the videocard. Thanks guys.

Everything is above minimum spec including graphics.

Actually I would advise against using the "Gamebooster" programe on laptops as it can kill your laptop battery as it's done with mine 3 times now

I disagree. Li-ion batteries degrade over time. Its natural.

And Gamebooster shuts background junk. It will in theory, increase battery life :thup:

How many leagues will this run:

* AMD Phenom II X4 970

* Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3

* ATI 5850 or AMD 6870 (will be choosing one of these soon)

* 4GB DDR3 PC3-10600 (Crucial Brand)

* 2x 1TB Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3

* Corsair TX 650 W Power Supply

* Xclio / Meridian Technology A380PLUS-36 Black Tower

* Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

I ask because this is the PC I intend to build shortly, but I only have my laptop now.

I only ever have 1 single game so I will be starting the game on my laptop but with the amount of leagues that I can run for the above machine. I know it will be slow, but it will do for a month or so until it is built and then I can transfer my save over.

Thanks for help Ishu, i know i've asked loads of questions. Final one now hopefully!

A few minutes after i posted i realised the 2nd and 3rd are the same!

I think i want to go for that one:

Just a final confirm, will the above run Prem-blue sq n/s , large database with top players loaded from all continents, with game mode 2D sweetly?

Thanks for help Ishu, i know i've asked loads of questions. Final one now hopefully!

A few minutes after i posted i realised the 2nd and 3rd are the same!

I think i want to go for that one:

Just a final confirm, will the above run Prem-blue sq n/s , large database with top players loaded from all continents, with game mode 2D sweetly?

This one will run 20 leagues easily with some 60,000 players. And it can run 3D on high. So you are good to go. :)

Ishu have a slight problem....Firstly I downloaded FM10 a couple a days ago to test 3D out and it worked perfectly but for the last couple of days when I click start match a Blue screen appears like this....

Any help?

Its to do with Intel Pentium M processor.

Click Start--> Run, type "devmgmt.msc", press ENTER.

In Device Manager, expand Processors.

Right-click Intel Pentium M processor, and click Update Driver.

"Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?", No

Next, click Install automatically.

Its to do with Intel Pentium M processor.

Click Start--> Run, type "devmgmt.msc", press ENTER.

In Device Manager, expand Processors.

Right-click Intel Pentium M processor, and click Update Driver.

"Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?", No

Next, click Install automatically.

I did that Ishu but they said they couldn't find a better match then what I have any other options?

Cheers for the reply but when I try loading 15 to 20 leagues I have way more than 30,000 players. What should I do? lower the league amount to accomodate 30,000 players?

Can be upped to 40,000 players.

To lower no. use a Medium DB or make some league View-Only

So my PSU blew up a couple of months back and now my Graphics card wont run because there is not enough power so I am looking to replace it. Was thinking of getting a 8500GT as I only wont it to run the FM 2011 ME, but it uses PCI E now I do have a PCI E slot but I am wanting a normal PCI graphics card, which is the best option so that the game will run smoothly.

Also currently I have an on-board Nvida GeForce 8200

Shouldn't you buy a new PSU??

I no I should but this Graphics card I have is pretty big and when I stick it in my computer the fan spins on it for about 2 seconds then it goes of and the PC shuts down, lack of power so ye mite need a new PSU but I only have 30 quid and I need a 500w with specific requirements, will have a look for once.

Any online sites where I could look for a PSU, tried ebay and they have a few options.

Hey Ishu,

I'll take you up on your very kind offer re build suggestions. If I can cap the spending to say $600 AUD or thereabouts I'll be very pleased. Are you sure I'll find something similar? A poster said earlier that you recommended a build and he can run almost all leagues, what was it? Will I struggle to find parts in Australia? I'm open to options, doesn't need to be the best machine on the planet, just better than my current one.

Thanks appreciate it

Hi,

am looking at getting FM11, having not played FM for years.

I have a Mac that runs OS X Tiger 10.4.11 with a 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

I see that its not supported on the minimum requirements. Does that mean FM11 won't run on my mac, or it will run but really slowly, or won't have 3D?

Thanks for your help!

I no I should but this Graphics card I have is pretty big and when I stick it in my computer the fan spins on it for about 2 seconds then it goes of and the PC shuts down, lack of power so ye mite need a new PSU but I only have 30 quid and I need a 500w with specific requirements, will have a look for once.

Any online sites where I could look for a PSU, tried ebay and they have a few options.

Corsair CX400 £35

You can even find this for much lesser with a coupon.

Hi on the pc requirements it says if you have XP your pc should be 2ghz or faster mine is only 1.83 will that still be ok

Depends on what CPU you have. Will run.

To find out the CPU, Right click My Copmputers and Select Properties.

Hi,

am looking at getting FM11, having not played FM for years.

I have a Mac that runs OS X Tiger 10.4.11 with a 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

I see that its not supported on the minimum requirements. Does that mean FM11 won't run on my mac, or it will run but really slowly, or won't have 3D?

Thanks for your help!

You need to buy the latest MAC OS Disc.

Hey Ishu,

I'll take you up on your very kind offer re build suggestions. If I can cap the spending to say $600 AUD or thereabouts I'll be very pleased. Are you sure I'll find something similar? A poster said earlier that you recommended a build and he can run almost all leagues, what was it? Will I struggle to find parts in Australia? I'm open to options, doesn't need to be the best machine on the planet, just better than my current one.

Thanks appreciate it

Do THIS and report back. That guy had $1000 AUD budget so yours won't be the same.

Hello again,

I thought i had my choice sorted, but turns out I don't. Think i'm going to need Windows 7 Professional! How would the following run FM11

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/227402

Looks good except that it lacks RAM which is important to FM. Its (RAM) easy to upgrade though.

Thanks Ishu!

Not the answer I wanted :-) but thanks for getting back to me

No problem and well sorry :)

With 2GB RAM - 20 leagues with 30,000 players. (Hard to hit 20 leagues with only 30k players)

With 4GB RAM - 25 leagues with 60,000 players.

Many thanks again Ishu.

Would i cope with my usual England Blue Square N/S upwards with top players from all continents loaded?

Archived