FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 - Graphics Speak Louder Than Words! . . . [Mock-ups Included]

Good stuff there, although having two "head to head" boxes is sort of redundant as they're essentially the same - but meh, it's just a mock up so whatever :) It's all good!

Just.. hopefully it won't affect the system requirements much, I mean, FIFA Manager is crap and all - but it looks amazing, and it runs flawlessly, yet in FM I can feel the game running "sluggish" after a while (seasons) and it's quite annoying (like, buttons not responding well).

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
OBVIOUSLY there is a reason why there isnt all the players photos in profiles. However, what is this reason exactly?

Everyone adds them in later with facepacks and stuff... Is it copy right issues?

Puzzled,

ReeNah

Everyone? I've never downloaded a facepack :p

It is licensing, yes.

It's a tough call for me...

While it's true FM default skin and UI tend to be a bit "dry", the very nature of the game kinda requires such an heavily text/number based approach, with less room for graphically captivating screens (the so-called "fluff" from FIFA)

To be honest, FIFA Manager looks all nice and shiny at first glance, but to me it's far far FAR more confusing and convoluted than FM has ever been.

In managerial games, less is more... So, yes, some changes would work, but turning the game into a colorful mess of pictures and fonts of 632 styles and sizes would make it less enjoyable, more complicated (and seizure-friendly)

• 1 month later...

I hate to agree/congratulate a Celtic supporter but he ho here it goes...

Fantastic work mate, I would be happy to see a lot of your graphical suggestions in the game. I just wouldn't want them to take away from the clean and crisp look the game has but yours do not do that.

Great work, time well spent!

OOFFFT that hurt ;-)

• 3 months later...

Hi guys.

I decided to bring this thread back into the top, because this is what expected the next gen of the UI (user interface, aka Skin) should be.

Despite that the FM10 UI was different, it still too much text in it.

The first post is the idea what should have been the Fm10 UI, hell I would it should have been FM09 UI.

So I I would like to for you to comment this ideas and comparing them to new FM10 UI and what you would like the Ui to go?

This is not bashing and whatever but to show what we the consumers would like to have in the new UI.

I want to add one thing. In the player information the image should be standard 140 for 180.

Archived