Press Conference and fans reaction when you leave a club

Was just thinking its something that is a massive part of leaving a club irl and really should be in the game. In the press conference you could be asked questions depending on how you left and either say the board/fans forced you out or pay tribute to the fans if you have left on good terms. Would also be nice to get some sort of message on how the fans and players have responded to you leaving, again would depend on how you left and for example if you left to join a rival club you could get a message about the fans disgust where as if you leave on good terms you could get a message about how gutted the fans are with you leaving.

I agree, it's depressing after a long tenure at the club to get sweet F.A when you leave. Not even a thank you :(

'Liverpool fans pay homage to out-going manager ******** ******** after his 10 year tenure come to a close on Tuesday'

'Man Utd fans fearful after Ferguson retires'

'Chelsea fans fuming as Carlo Ancelotti leaves for Bayern Munich'

Something along the lines of that and of course, the press conference to say how sorry you are/aren't after you leave a club.

I agree, it's depressing after a long tenure at the club to get sweet F.A when you leave. Not even a thank you :(

'Liverpool fans pay homage to out-going manager ******** ******** after his 10 year tenure come to a close on Tuesday'

'Man Utd fans fearful after Ferguson retires'

'Chelsea fans fuming as Carlo Ancelotti leaves for Bayern Munich'

Something along the lines of that and of course, the press conference to say how sorry you are/aren't after you leave a club.

Agree with this idea 100%.

I've just accepted the job as manager of the current European champions Inter (due to the retirement of Jose Mourinho), after winning 3 league titles in a row and back to back CL titles over 10 years at Man Utd.

It would've been good to have been asked questions from the media about my feelings regarding leaving a club after such a long time and if I feel confident in following in the footsteps of a legend like Mourinho etc.

Yeah, I'd like something like that. Was the greatest manager Liverpool ever had, then left after letting my contract run out after 8 years at the club. While I'm still a club legend, it'd have been nice to get some appreciation for what I'd done for the club (4-5 seasons later, the foundations of the team are still there, and the current boss pretty much owes me a debt of gratitude for leaving him the best team in the world, even if last season I did pinch two of my former stars, and one more recent signing of theirs(the latter I've sold back to them for 5 mill more than I paid). Also I left the club in such good financial hands that they could afford to spend 89 million on a striker in the most recent transfer window).

Great idea, always felt empty after leaving a club, oppurtunities are endless, after giving your reasons, apologising/thanking etc. you could comment on what's next - eg. if you want a break from football, move to a higher/lower league, going to manage abroad or want an international job. You could also comment on whether you would be bringing your assistant/other backroom staff to your next job. 100% want this in FM11 :D

Archived