The Real USA 2010 Season

Seattle4eva

• SI Staff
Hey Aljarov I have a little project of my own going on if you haven't already seen it on here, I made sure to give you credit in my post...just wondering if you're cool with me doing so? I have no problems taking down the link if thats the case...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=184815

A little credit was all I was looking for (and a link back to www.fmnorthamerica.com where you got it).

Similarly, you'd be welcome to post your file there....we are after all the only community based in the US and Canada.

But, like I said above, patch 10.3 will bring some changes that will throw off your mod file. Be ready for that. And once again, I'll say that the file would be better if all those willing to do mass edits worked together. Think of the file we could get if we had 10 people working on it instead of just 2?

For the record, FMNA's V1.4 will be out shortly after 10.3, and once it has been tested. It will reflect the D2, D3 and D4 changes for 2010 that we know of, but will not touch MLS (thus no Philly).

• SI Staff
anyone can reupload?! thanks in advance

Yeah, it can be re-uploaded - with my permission, which needs to be requested first along with details on what you intend to do with it. I really don't care that much, I would PREFER that people who want to help improve MY file come and work WITH me. But I wont enforce that so long as credit, and links back to our forum are provided. I have other relevant stuff to my community on our forums, but of course I give credit for it.

I'll never understand people not collaborating - strength in numbers folks. We could improve the thing that much quicker, 'Many hands....." and all that.

• SI Staff

PS: I'll also remind people that the 10.3 patch will do a lot of stuff to these files, so wait and get my 1.4 when it's ready, even if you want to modify it...or just come and help out.

www.fmnorthamerica.com

• SI Staff

I looked at what he had done and he's put in a lot of work on top of what we had done, i don't deny that, but he really doesn't get to jump in using my project to kick start his own. I know super Bladesman had a similar issue with someone adding later levels without permission. Especially as we're doing the same things with our own file, if that person wants to do it they should be helping out our community. But he registered on our site, posted twice, whipped the file and never came back. Not cool. That's the beauty of the editor, it's plug and play/import feature means he could just do what he needs to do and everything would be great.

I'll say it again, just to be clear - if ANYONE wants to help improve the US lower levels WORK WITH US! Send me a PM.

• SI Staff
I haven't done much editing but would like to help if there is more help needed!

Happy to see another Kentuckian on this Forum! :thup:

Always need help.....even if it's just with factual stuff (aka the grunt work). Are you on FMNA? If so, shoot me a PM there and I can let you know what would be of help.

just outta curiosity did anyone actually get to download this and see how he got the superdraft working?

It worked well, but most teams generated only American players. He also modelled the NCAA after the American football conferences, so there where lots of teams who IRL don't sponsor men's soccer.

It worked well, but most teams generated only American players.

So the Superdraft worked with a modified MLS? I thought it wasnt possible to add MLS specific elements to a league.

Surely he added the code to the .xml file somehow and it worked despite the normal restrictions. Can you look in .xml file and see how he did it exactly?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived