[WIP] The official non-fifa nations database

DanGLiverpool

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on Monaco:

League structure: Almost done. Gone for a simpler 1 top league, 1 bottom league. 1 got a championship play off, the other got a promotion play off. Also a national cup.

Teams: 26 active and playable. Around 8 or 9 of these got home kits and colours set. My french allows me to see that another 4 or 5 have joined for the 2009/10 season. I'll probably add those to an inactive tier.

Other stuff about teams: Attendances set, 3 stadions created realistically. U/18's league set up too and teams have gotten one automatically. All teams got 0/0 training facilities as they are company teams. Also they are all founded in 1900 because frankly, research aint easy.

People: Apart from two that have played in the Monaco national team, none have been added. I have been able to find a list of players for many of the teams, but it doesn't list either position, age or nationality. So its sorta a moot point to even try to add them.

Misc.: Language settings modified for the state of Monaco. Hopefully this will add to the diversity of the regen names that come through seeing how Monte Carlo is a multinational city and the amount of international companies that got a base and a team here. It probably wont work of course.

To be done before a beta can be released:

Add some more teams in a 3rd tier.

Add away kits for many of the teams.

Add staff.

Tweak reputation.

I have met their manager... If you are doing them can I do Yap?

You're more than welcome to do both if you want. I'm just taking the leftovers, so if you want to do Pohnpei be my guest. For some info on the teams, check the Non-FIFA thread which I've just updated in the Football Forum. Paul Watson, the manager, actually plays for one of the teams, as does the head of the Pohnpei FA for another team.

I'm stopping Northern Cyprus at the 2nd division I think. Can't find enough information to be able to do anything with the 3rd tier teams. For most of the 2nd division ones I had to rely on logos alone for dates and colour, and have left stadiums blank.

I've not been able to find out the structures for the cups, but as there are 4 I've done what I can, and varied the structure where possible. :)

When are you planning to do Greenland?

Almost completed it, just need to add in best players, using the Island Games results page as it gives dob of the players, and Wiki I believe states their position.

Apologies if I am a bit slow in producing xmls over the next week and a half, doing my mocks, so got a lot of things to do obviously.

Are we including things like competition history?

I began adding a number of players for each team, but have abandoned that as it is unneccessary and information is sparse. Instead, I'm largely only adding players from the international squad.

If the information is there, then yeah, go ahead and do it:thup:

Can you not add these nations to the already existing ones? It makes a lot more sense than just seeing Gibraltar or Jersey against each other. To actually see them against Brazil, Spain, England or Argentina to name just some.

1) A number of these are not considered legitimate states/nations. It is not our aim to, in our eyes, 'correct' FIFA or indeed SI's actions, but rather create a new outlook on them. We also do not wish to cause controversy or insult by acknowledging certain self-proclaimed countries, and the best way about doing this is to remove any suggestion that the nations can co-exist and should be allowed recognition. Nor however, are we saying they aren't, but it's not our place to comment and total neutrality is best.

2) In the case of Northern Cyprus, for example, we don't want to create, for a number of reasons, a situation where Cyprus and Northern Cyprus could meet, or have the two existing with equal status. The best solution, to avoid offence etc, is to create a world where ONLY Northern Cyprus exist. Rather, see the current DB as a FIFA one, and our work as an alternative (in reality a number of) confederations.

3) There is not enough room to add all of the states/countries.

4) It is, to an extent, a fantasy world. Players who are currently internationals for one country may be, in this new world, an international for another.

Make sense? :D

Mind if i call a future dibs on either Gotland, Mayotte or the Åland Islands? Im going on a people adding spree for Monaco later today and that should pretty much finish it as much as i can with my lack of french.

You're more than welcome to do these nations if you choose to.

Don't do Greenland I have already made this!!! It is quite accurate just not with players.

I have replaced Monaco and the only problem I have is international games are getting played at Stade Louis II and I can't solve this.

Also do you know how to make names more like Greenland? They are just Danish at the moment which is small accurate but it needs more gfjdigjd if you know what I mean

I would like to help with this very much.

I will share the XML file when I get home this should be Monday or Tuesday.

This Kosovo stuff is p*ssing me off.

So many contradictory websites, and sites that aren't updated properly or for a while.

I can't tell how many teams are in the top division, or who is in what division. There are either 12 or 16 in the top, and 14 in the 2nd, I think.

1st divison has 12 teams ( You got that right) , 2nd division has 16 ( you got that right too )

I'm not sure about this. Any feedback so far?

What's the language percentages for Albanian, Serbian, Turkish etc?

Thanks for that. :)

Still not too sure about the structure. Their FA website suggests there are 2 rounds of games, and then a split of sorts, with the season ending after 33 games. The site you've linked seems to suggest SIX promotion places, which can't be right surely. 6 teams WERE relegated last season, but only so the league could return from 16 to 12 teams I think.

I'll have to improvise I think.

I'm not sure of that myself too, I think it's 33 games but I have no idea the particular structure. I don't like the new system though.

Can't find any info for KF Rahoveci or KF Gjakova. :(

Sadly there's no info for a lot of clubs.

Draft version of Kosovo is completed. If no major changes are needed, I'll get to work on Northern Cyprus later on. :)

Do you have a download link?

Can you show some screens of Kosovo?(or send me in PM) :)

What he said.

Things that need doing:

- Tweaking finances

- Tweaking CA/PA

- Adding new players/staff

- Correcting cities, regions, venues etc

- Removing international caps from players capped by other nations previously

If you need help with that you can send me a PM, I'd love to help you, seeing as I'm from Kosovo.

I have the team listings from the last two editions of the VIVA World Cup, if that could help :)

They include data for Sápmi, Occitania, Arameans Suryoye, Padania, Provence, Kurdistan and Gozo.

Send me a PM and I'll mail them to you !

Also, a suggestion : make every replacement a separate .xml file :) think about those guys from Bhutan who want their national team to actually stay in the game xD

Here is a link to download my Greenland file, I have also produced quite a few logos for it but I have not included it, please message me if you want these.

http://rapidshare.com/files/314794187/Greenland.xml.html

Some details...

- Replaces Monaco

- Short season, runs from June to September

- 5 groups to begin with one match between each team in group

- Top 2 of these groups join 10 team league with 1 match each.

Known problems

- International Greenland games played at Stade Louis II in Monaco so there are unrealistic 17,000+ crowds

- Group structure isn't entirely accurate some parts have been fabricated to suit to the game

- Some players switched to Greenlandic nationality from Danish, Jesper Gronkjaer, Niklas Kreutzmann

- Greenland national team overly strong sometimes

- League does not produce big scorelines eg 16-1

- Regens only have Danish names, no Greenlandic sounding.

- No managers, referees or players in Greenlandic database.

Please let me know more if found and how to fix.

Screenshots:

http://i46.tinypic.com/24ex56r.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/f1flag.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/53v4zo.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/eamemr.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2n0rdef.jpg

NF-DB ENSEMBLE:

DanGLiverpool

Wandsfan93

Terry_M

Unknown Hacker

Waghlon

Hershie

Arkitekt88

NATIONS REPLACED - NEW NATIONS - USER

Zaire Greenland DanGLiverpool

Vietnam North/South Vietnam Unknown Hacker

East Germany Occitania Terry_M

Monaco Waghorn

West Germany Northern Cyprus Hershie

American Samoa Sealand Terry_M*

Burma Kosovo Hershie

Guadeloupe DanGLiverpool

*Under consideration as to how this nation will be included.

COMPLETED NATIONS:

Zanzibar Terry_M

Greenland DanGLiverpool

There are a few posters who have said that they may do some other nations but I need confirmation that they're working on them before I can add them to the list.

Archived