Tactics creator VS old fashioned sliders

Tactics creator VS sliders  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Tactics creator VS sliders

• Creator
    • Sliders

Got to be "creator", as this game models itself on realism there was never anything remotely realistic about sliders.

In my opinion they were a total hinderance & couldn't have been further away from real life tactical implementation.

Aldo the "creator" needs some smoothing over it's a huge step in the right direction, it's a great tool which I believe will get better with time.

Not bought the game yet, but for me the tactics creater sounds like a more realistic way of playing the game.

To fiddle with the odd notch here and there on sliders isn't simulating football management. Does Wenger or Mourinho give instructions to that sort of detail ? 3 notches to the left here....2 notches to the right there....whoops, one notch too far, you're f*cked.

Became a bit too 'geeky' for me. Perhaps for some the game became too easy and the sliders represented more of a challenge......definitely didn't make it more realistic. There's got to be other ways of making the game more challenging whilst keeping the realism.

For me, making it more difficult to find players (only being able to buy players from abroad that your scouts have found perhaps, or have a certain level of reputation as in guys like Ronaldinho and Beckham) and making the financial side more realistic (as Rangers manager in 09 I got barely a penny in the first window but then the board chucked me around £10m the next two windows before players sales were even given back to me......anyone that knows a bit about Rangers financial situation will know that's just a million miles off).

Got to be "creator", as this game models itself on realism there was never anything remotely realistic about sliders.

In my opinion they were a total hinderance & couldn't have been further away from real life tactical implementation.

Aldo the "creator" needs some smoothing over it's a huge step in the right direction, it's a great tool which I believe will get better with time.

Intersting comments.......

you do realise that all the NEW creator does is adjust the sliders?

You could move them in exactly the same manor and they would produce the exact same response as using the creator!

What would you have instead of sliders? percentages? Fractions? 1-10 scale? I do not see how you think they are unrealistic. For me they are the natural choice when playing a game like this.

Intersting comments.......

you do realise that all the NEW creator does is adjust the sliders?

You could move them in exactly the same manor and they would produce the exact same response as using the creator!

What would you have instead of sliders? percentages? Fractions? 1-10 scale? I do not see how you think they are unrealistic. For me they are the natural choice when playing a game like this.

I understand that, but the fact is I don't want to have to interpret sliders to do what I want to do. Nobody outside of the game world thinks about 'sliders' in their head. I just want to be able to say defend, attack , counter, short, long, press, stand off....whatever.....using normal terms.....and then the computer can set that up for me.

There's a danger of FM trying to make football too much of an exact science, when it's not. There's already enough things to take care of in the game without making the tactical side needlesly laborious......doesn't add to the realism in any way. It just means that people that have good football knowledge have to come onto forums like these to ask what the heck you have to do with the sliders to give the most basic of instructions.

The game should be set up so that a real life football manager could play for the first time and not really have to ask any questions........that is simply not the case the way the game was going.

From what i was using on the demo and now today so far, i think its best to ''create'' a tactic with the creator and then use the shouts and also tweak manually. for example if i was telling the team to ''push higher up'' the shout only moves its slightly on the tactics slider and wont go any further if i click ''push higher up'' again, so then i manually go in and move it myself.

Hope that makes sense.:)

Archived