FM 10: Official Celtic Thread - Taking Back The Title

southsidecelt

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right chaps well into my second season (won the league and Scottish Cup in first season and got beat by Bayern Munich on away goals in Europa League) and my team is as follows:

Gk - Boruc

LB - Fox/Misun

RB - Stephen Kelly

CB - Sankoh

CB - Jan Vertonghen

DM - Sandro

RM - McGeady

LM - Maloney

AMC - Dominguez

ST - Fortune

ST - Lewandowksi

I also have Kerzhakov from Dinamo coming in on a free transfer in December to compete with Fortune, Lewandowski and Samaras. For most part chaps I'm doing alright and competing well in most competitions but there is one thing that's really ****ing me off and that's my inability to beat Rangers. I've played them 6 times now and drawn 3 and lost 3. Each game it's always the same story every first highlight Boyd or Lafferty will score and if I do happen to get back into the game Davis will pop up with a screamer. Or in the rare instance I'm winning Boyd will pop up with late equaliser - it's the same old BS. Anyway, can anyone give me some hints or advice as how to set out my stall when playing Rangers? Or any tried and trusted tactics? It's getting beyond ridiculous now!

Right chaps well into my second season (won the league and Scottish Cup in first season and got beat by Bayern Munich on away goals in Europa League) and my team is as follows:

Gk - Boruc

LB - Fox/Misun

RB - Stephen Kelly

CB - Sankoh

CB - Jan Vertonghen

DM - Sandro

RM - McGeady

LM - Maloney

AMC - Dominguez

ST - Fortune

ST - Lewandowksi

I also have Kerzhakov from Dinamo coming in on a free transfer in December to compete with Fortune, Lewandowski and Samaras. For most part chaps I'm doing alright and competing well in most competitions but there is one thing that's really ****ing me off and that's my inability to beat Rangers. I've played them 6 times now and drawn 3 and lost 3. Each game it's always the same story every first highlight Boyd or Lafferty will score and if I do happen to get back into the game Davis will pop up with a screamer. Or in the rare instance I'm winning Boyd will pop up with late equaliser - it's the same old BS. Anyway, can anyone give me some hints or advice as how to set out my stall when playing Rangers? Or any tried and trusted tactics? It's getting beyond ridiculous now!

i can beat them regularly now, but if they do beat me its coz of a total screamer from like 35 yds m8, if uve still got crosas ad play him alongside sandro as 2 dms, then with 2 wingers and ure st`s, use crosas as a deep lying playmaker*

Nice one how far in are you, and how are you doing in the league? that sandro looks as really good, jo just want stop scoring for me its thanks to him for the majority of ma points, since my cbs r ****

and oh yeah av got Breno coming in january for 7 mil, and that guy u mentioned 19 yr old ukranian in for 6 mil over 48 months :D

I'm in january of my second season and top of the league by 8 points IIRC. I got Krysvtov for £3.2m, but £6 over 48 months isnt too bad :thup:

I'm in january of my second season and top of the league by 8 points IIRC. I got Krysvtov for £3.2m, but £6 over 48 months isnt too bad :thup:

anno it was slightly ott, but a had no cash after Breno, so really it was the only way to go!

am gona finish the 2nd season 2morrow, im playing a Villareal, Atletico Madrid game with ma pal aswell, showing barca and madrid whos the real daddy lol :D

Gk - Ochoa from America(Mex). He's a great, great keeper for me, cost me £7.5m. I love him. We're to be married in June.

LB - Jose Angel from Sporting. Excellent young left back, cost me £4.5

RB - Hinkel

CB - McManus

CB - Subotic from Dortmund. Cost me £8.75m. I sold Caldwell to spurs for £8m. This guy is younger and better.

DM - Crossas. Something needs to be done here, but i'm happy with him for the mo

CM - Rosicky. I'd advise using him as a playmaker personally, rather than on the left.

LM - McGeady

RM - Dudu. 18 year old Brazilian from Cruzerio. Cracking little player, I got him for 9m in January of the first year. Expensive, but i'm hopeful. Good enough to start as it is.

CF - Fortune

CF - Marquinos. Signed him from Internacional at the start of the second season. 19 year old AM, I use him as a deep-lying forward. He's scored 5 in 2

1 - Boruc

2 - Loovens - but he wants to leave

3 - Maloney - doing very well for me

4 - Paul Caddis

5 - Graeme Ramage, signed from St.Mirren aged 17, I think he will not last but he's scored a handful

6 - Larsson - no apologies

7 - Tarache - Romanian prospect signed for 400k

Weak bench and no cash. Got to the semi's of the CHL last year, but I think the lack of depth may prevent me getting that far this year. Next year will be huge though!

:confused:

how did u manage to get so much money in ure 1st season:confused:

Buy players over 48 months and the £8m budget you get at the start turns into £32m. That's what I did anyway, plus I sold basically everyone in the team for roughly £60m. Gave me over £100M to spend. :D

Only downside is I'm 200k per week over my wage budget so can't buy anyone else for a good while because I can only offer them £500 per week now.

Buy players over 48 months and the £8m budget you get at the start turns into £32m. That's what I did anyway, plus I sold basically everyone in the team for roughly £60m. Gave me over £100M to spend. :D

Only downside is I'm 200k per week over my wage budget so can't buy anyone else for a good while because I can only offer them £500 per week now.

lmao fs man, ure clubs gotta be in debt now lol

Balance is £43M and I'm only losing around £3m a month so should be fine. Plus I plan on selling about 10 of those players next summer to cover the cost of the year after that.

awell thats not actually 2 shabby lol, next thing for me is solid wb/fb`s as caddis and that are good, just not at the level a wana get 2!!

awell thats not actually 2 shabby lol, next thing for me is solid wb/fb`s as caddis and that are good, just not at the level a wana get 2!!

For full back I've got Andreas Beck (6.2m) and Diego Renan (10.5m) as starters with Raul and Joao Paulo for back up.

Raul and Joao Paulo cost about £3m each and only ask for a couple of thousand in wages, both got a good PA as well. Not good defensively but they don't really need to be in the SPL.

I missed out on Fanchone, went to Arsenal for £1M instead, but he looks like a good buy as well.

For full back I've got Andreas Beck (6.2m) and Diego Renan (10.5m) as starters with Raul and Joao Paulo for back up.

Raul and Joao Paulo cost about £3m each and only ask for a couple of thousand in wages, both got a good PA as well. Not good defensively but they don't really need to be in the SPL.

I missed out on Fanchone, went to Arsenal for £1M instead, but he looks like a good buy as well.

nice one m8 am gona scout them in a min, just gona leave ma villareal game lol wheres that fanchone from?

no worries m8 let me no how u got on :thup:

aye will do mate. It's just really ****ing me off because they'll usually beat me like 3-1 or the like and then they'll go lose to Queen of the South, Dundee United and Falkirk, so it's obvious that I'm not doing something right with my tactics for them to always take something off me each and every game we meet.

PS

Anyone else disappointed that Islam Feruz is not in the game? We don't have much in the way of youth talent when starting the game would be nice to have our wonderkid in the game.

aye will do mate. It's just really ****ing me off because they'll usually beat me like 3-1 or the like and then they'll go lose to Queen of the South, Dundee United and Falkirk, so it's obvious that I'm not doing something right with my tactics for them to always take something off me each and every game we meet.

PS

Anyone else disappointed that Islam Feruz is not in the game? We don't have much in the way of youth talent when starting the game would be nice to have our wonderkid in the game.

that Josh thompson is the best weve got in our team imo, hes playing solid when he gets a game, apart from misun

am in january of the 2nd season, i predict ill complete the season before u reach say april :p

I'll be lucky if I reach March before you finish the season tbf.

Oh aye, does your reserve team have fixtures? Because mine doesn't. :confused:

Think it's because I downloaded a database from the editors forum but didn't use it but just checking.

I'll be lucky if I reach March before you finish the season tbf.

Oh aye, does your reserve team have fixtures? Because mine doesn't. :confused:

Think it's because I downloaded a database from the editors forum but didn't use it but just checking.

aye they do m8, am using steam though so ma downloads are automatic

just finished my 2nd season there, won the league, scottish cup, league cup, bit dissapointed the league cup doesnt count as the treble anymore though :(

i only ended up winning the league by 2 points, does any1 else find that the leagues much more competitive this year?

just finished my 2nd season there, won the league, scottish cup, league cup, bit dissapointed the league cup doesnt count as the treble anymore though :(

i only ended up winning the league by 2 points, does any1 else find that the leagues much more competitive this year?

I'd say the opposite mate. I'm only 13 games into the season and already 14 points ahead of Rangers (they're 4th though) and 8 points ahead of Dundee Utd in 2nd!

...I did win my first 10 league games in a row though!

On the other hand i've just been beaten 5-2 away at Liverpool and a humiliating 6-0 defeat from Real Madrid at home! (think i made the mistake of attacking them, lol)

.....just got offered the Man City job aswell, turned it down though.

I'd say the opposite mate. I'm only 13 games into the season and already 14 points ahead of Rangers (they're 4th though) and 8 points ahead of Dundee Utd in 2nd!

...I did win my first 10 league games in a row though!

On the other hand i've just been beaten 5-2 away at Liverpool and a humiliating 6-0 defeat from Real Madrid at home! (think i made the mistake of attacking them, lol)

.....just got offered the Man City job aswell, turned it down though.

hmmm time to change tactics me thinks, right enough my cbs, caldwell, loovens and mcmanus were conceeding like mad, im scored 98 in the league this year and conceeded 39

somehow rangers are keeping up with me on goals theyve scored 94, and sumhow there thrashing hibs like 7-1 away :confused:

btw where does 2nd place in the spl end up, im in europe even though ive won the league im still in the 3rd round qualifiers, yet rangers dont seem to be in europe ?

Rangers aren't in Europe because they were banned for rioting in every stadium. I love the realism of FM :D

Uploaded a big scottish db with spl 1 and 2... stupid cup if u ask me i am 15 points behind dundee united with 0 games played cause im in a silly super cup thing.. dont ask lmao

Out of champs league.. but in the europa league

Welbeck - On Loan

and Ebi Solomak -

Uploaded a big scottish db with spl 1 and 2... stupid cup if u ask me i am 15 points behind dundee united with 0 games played cause im in a silly super cup thing.. dont ask lmao

Out of champs league.. but in the europa league

Welbeck - On Loan

and Ebi Solomak -

m8 have u downloaded sum1 elses db? :confused:

:confused:

how did u manage to get so much money in ure 1st season:confused:

I did none of that; I just started winning and then got a huge slab of cash dropped on me in around December.

I haven't been in the editor or anything like that, so goodness knows.

After seven games, Rangers are 8th in the league in my second season

I can't really fathom what is going on with them, but they are 1-3-3.

Motherwell are only a point behind me! They are 6-0-1

im 1st in my game, then its rangers then surprisingly falkirk, how far u all in now folks?

Archived