FM 10: Official Celtic Thread - Taking Back The Title

southsidecelt

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a word of advice lads, dont ever sign gourcuff, after half a season he feels hes been here to long, and every club under the sun, keeps bidding for him! even Burnley think they have a chance with Owen Coyle releasing a press statement about it

haha, well i had miranda a year and he wanted to leave. had affelay 6 months and lyon are chasing him. geromel,my other cb is interesting alot of clubs along with maloney and brown.

a word of advice lads, dont ever sign gourcuff, after half a season he feels hes been here to long, and every club under the sun, keeps bidding for him! even Burnley think they have a chance with Owen Coyle releasing a press statement about it

Another one to avoid is Elano a jist signed him since he was going for nothing and as he's 33 he's only going to be backup to Schweinsteiger and McGeady but he said now a've got a player 'with his ability' a should build ma team around him!

Anyone any ideas for a striker to play in the advanced forward role got about 7m?

I got Kevin Kuranyi and used him as a target man, I've got Jo now and he's just got top scorer in the SPL. Either ay those two should do a very decent job for you

Thought I'd post my first eleven since I'm a few seassons in and haven't got round to it yet, so here it is.

GK.  Valhena (Regen)
RB.  Peter Masilela
LB.  Royston Drenthe
CB.  Sokrotis Papastathopoulos
CB.  Michael Jakobson
DM.  Stephane Mbia
CM.  Aiden McGeady
CM.  Bastian Schweinsteiger
AMR. Esteban Granero
AML. Ryan Babel
ST.  Jo

Another one to avoid is Elano a jist signed him since he was going for nothing and as he's 33 he's only going to be backup to Schweinsteiger and McGeady but he said now a've got a player 'with his ability' a should build ma team around him!

I got Kevin Kuranyi and used him as a target man, I've got Jo now and he's just got top scorer in the SPL. Either ay those two should do a very decent job for you

i second the Jo post lets put is this way, since i signed him in the league alone hes played 96 games for me and scored 101, plus whatever hes scored in europe, which has been a hatful!!! :D

Thought I'd post my first eleven since I'm a few seassons in and haven't got round to it yet, so here it is.

GK.  Valhena (Regen)
RB.  Peter Masilela
LB.  Royston Drenthe
CB.  Sokrotis Papastathopoulos
CB.  Michael Jakobson
DM.  Stephane Mbia
CM.  Aiden McGeady
CM.  Bastian Schweinsteiger
AMR. Esteban Granero
AML. Ryan Babel
ST.  Jo

solid team there slipknot, all post my starting 11 in a minute

gk - ochoa

dr - faubert

dl - dodo

dc - breno

dc - kompany / kacar / kryvtsov just depends on fitness purely

mr - tanase

ml - mcgeady

mcd - witsel / ramires i use both because my midfields so strong i need to rotate

mcs - van der vaart / gourcuff primarily gourcuff

dlf - Jo

af - Hoarau / Taison

solid team there slipknot, all post my starting 11 in a minute

Cheers, apart from Jo, the other stand out signing has been Papastathopoulos at CB and it's weird how he came to my attention. Man Utd had forked out 15.75 million for him, then after 1 league appearance where he played a 7.9 they then for some reason farmed him out on loan to Fulham where he played 25 league games and played 6.7 average. After his loan ended Man U transfer listed him and I happened to do a search for a CB with asking price 5 million max, my budget at the time and he was top of the list. I offered them 4.5 million for him and they accepted selling him at a loss of nearly ten million and he's been a rock in my defence last season, he's brilliant in the air and even got me 1 assist last season. Anyone looking for a solid CB should defo take a look at this guy. He starts the game at Genoa and should be around 21-22 in the first season, so will last you for years as well.:thup:

5 pages well done guys!! For once the Celtic thread is thriving. Hopefully this will continue. Does anyone change their formation for playing in europe?

Last season I played 4-4-2 in the league against everyone home and away and mostly stuck with it in Europe, I only changed it against R Madrid in the CL group games and against Wolfsburg in the last 16 to a 4-1-4-1. It worked against R Madrid away but got beat in the return game at our place and it was a disaster against Wolfsburg. We lost both legs and the first game they hammered us 5-1 at home!

I've changed to a 4-5-1 on the recommendation of my Ass. Man and in the friendlies I only lost to Man City 2-1 and Wolfsburg 3-1, we beat Albion Rovers 3-1 and drew 1-1 against Club Brugge. I'm going to stick with this formation this season as I think we performed well in all the friendlies and defo should have got at least a draw against Man City (bloody Tevez is unstoppable...lol).

Cheers, apart from Jo, the other stand out signing has been Papastathopoulos at CB and it's weird how he came to my attention. Man Utd had forked out 15.75 million for him, then after 1 league appearance where he played a 7.9 they then for some reason farmed him out on loan to Fulham where he played 25 league games and played 6.7 average. After his loan ended Man U transfer listed him and I happened to do a search for a CB with asking price 5 million max, my budget at the time and he was top of the list. I offered them 4.5 million for him and they accepted selling him at a loss of nearly ten million and he's been a rock in my defence last season, he's brilliant in the air and even got me 1 assist last season. Anyone looking for a solid CB should defo take a look at this guy. He starts the game at Genoa and should be around 21-22 in the first season, so will last you for years as well.:thup:

well i tell you what my friend, im gona buy him next season :D, need some solid cbs, and am also gona buy otamendi, somehow he slipped my radar till you guys mentioned him!!

av slapped asking prices on all my good players because people keep trying to buy them for **** prices, so Gourcuff and Jo just became 60 mil players :D

5 pages well done guys!! For once the Celtic thread is thriving. Hopefully this will continue. Does anyone change their formation for playing in europe?

the thread will continue thriving m8 :D, i sometimes change it although very rarely because my formation seems to be pretty damn good, even against the big teams, what do you do

slipknot on the mancity note there, there unstoppable as a team lol, my eastlands leg was 6-3 to them playing my 4-4-2, with tevez getting 4 lol

however my 4-4-2 at home with sum uptempo teamtalks, and the home crowd lead to a 4-1 drubbing :D

Yeah, tbh I was well pleased with only losing 2-1 as they had a full strength team out.

In related news Carlos Vela has been slapped on the transfer list by Man City for 3.2 million transfer fee!!! am getting him no matter what it takes!! my budget is under 1 million as I had to put most of it onto wages as I was over 100k over on them, just hope the board will let me readjust it.

rangers signed vela in mine, and for a season hes fired on all cylinders, this season hes crap lol, just watch you dont fall into a pit there m8

Thanks for the heads up...just out ay interest how are Rangers playing him? My coaches say he's best as a striker but a've got him playing 'in the hole' as an attacking midfielder. I reckon wae his pace and Jo's aerial ability a should be onto a winner.

the thread will continue thriving m8 :D, i sometimes change it although very rarely because my formation seems to be pretty damn good, even against the big teams, what do you do

I keep chopping and changing and keep trying things out but I tend to go 4-5-1 but I'm still in my first season with a weak team. Prefer 4-4-2 in the league but finding the opposition seems to be just sitting with everyone back making them hard to break down since I'm unbeaten in the league.

I keep chopping and changing and keep trying things out but I tend to go 4-5-1 but I'm still in my first season with a weak team. Prefer 4-4-2 in the league but finding the opposition seems to be just sitting with everyone back making them hard to break down since I'm unbeaten in the league.

well if theyre doing that put your team onto counter, so it entices them to attack you, then switch to overload to rip them apart

c,ye later:thup:[/Q

brought the party back home lol, handy having the shops 2 mins from your local isnt it lol!!!

yeh i agree with ure champs league group, its gona be a tough one to qualify from

i just gubbed besiktas 4-1 at parkhead, so im anticipating a comfortable passage through:D

Alright lads, as you will see if you look at the second post on the thread I have decided to add a records thread :thup:

If you have beat a record, post a screen-shot (preferably a link) and I will add it in. If you have any records you would like added let me know and I will consider them. I don't want to put too many in because of the time it would involved editing when someone beats a record. Also on that note if any of the current records I've picked seem a bit of a waste of time let me know and I'll change them for a poster's suggestion. :)

Here's the records so far:

Biggest Win - Kirkham88 - Celtic 12-0 Rangers

Proof - http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/309...icvrangers.png

Biggest Win in Europe - slipknot67 - Dinamo Kiev 0-7 Celtic

Proof - http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u...dukvCeltic.png

Biggest Win Against Rangers - Kirkham88 - Celtic 12-0 Rangers

Most Goals in a Match By One Player - Kirkham88 - Oscar Cardozo 6

Most Goals In A Season (Player) -

Most Goals In A Season (Team) -

Highest Transfer Fee Paid - Ari Gold - £27.5million for Fellaini

Proof - http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5712/transfersck.png

Highest Transfer Fee Received -

Most yellow cards in a match -

Most red cards in a match -

Furthest In Cl -

Furthest In EL -

Highest Points In Season -

Most Leagues In A Row -

I'm a student mate :p just work at the weekends.

How's the job hunting going?

lol awrite nice one, what you studying?

its hard at the moment tbh, you know what the economic situations like and trying to find a job is chaos lol, although my speciality for the past couple of years is managing restaurants so a should find sumthing soon!!!

gona go to college in jan tho to study computing :D

THE FM2010 CELTIC RECORDS THREAD

Biggest Win - Kirkham88 - Celtic 12-0 Rangers

Proof - http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3092/celticvrangers.png

Biggest Win in Europe - slipknot67 - Dinamo Kiev 0-7 Celtic

Proof - http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u339/slipknot261175/HajdukvCeltic.png

Biggest Win Against Rangers - Kirkham88 - Celtic 12-0 Rangers

Most Goals in a Match By One Player - Kirkham88 - Oscar Cardozo 6

Most Goals In A Season (Player) -

Most Goals In A Season (Team) -

Highest Transfer Fee Paid - Ari Gold - £27.5million for Fellaini

Proof - http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5712/transfersck.png

Highest Transfer Fee Received -

Most yellow cards in a match -

Most red cards in a match -

Furthest In Cl -

Furthest In EL -

Highest Points In Season -

Most Leagues In A Row -

this is most points in a season, and most goals for a team

That's a smart move.

You see the post above about the records thread? Beat them five times in a row and I'll make a record for you lol

a did m8 just gave u a reply there, ahll give u ma champs league final result 2, Jo`s scored over 50 odd goals for me in a season how do i find this out coz it only shows the league goals :( in his records

Archived