FM 10: Official Celtic Thread - Taking Back The Title

southsidecelt

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I'd post my first EVER complete season on here so here it is.

Won the treble in my first season with only Andy Reid and Odamenti comin gin. Andy Reid was amazing and was one of my best players. Odamenti couldnt get in the team so loaned him out which helped him alot. Won the treble easily beating Rangers to the title by 21 points and beating them in both semi-finals. Rangers were 12th as far in as November but recovered well to comfortably finish 2nd. Zaluska came into the team for 2 games when Boruc was tired and then away with Poland in about October and played well so had no reason to drop him. Same situation with Brown and Crosas. Zaluska and Crosas ended up being two of my best players and Brown and Boruc moaned all season. ENded up selling Brown in January for £6m and Boruc in the summer for the same. I know it was alot less than they're worth but they werent doing anything great for me. I got knocked into the UEFA Cup after a close game with Lyon in the qualifying stages, qualified easily from my group but then got outclassed by Sporting Lisbon in the last 32 and was knocked out.

Overall my team played well all season scoring loads of goals in my traditional 4-4-2 with two wingers down each side. Caldwell and Maloney both got 11 goals while Fortune got 23, Samaras got 27 and McDonald an amazing 42! Andy Reid and and Crosas were a great midfield combo, controlling most games with great passing and Maloney and McGeady flying down the wings. Suprisingly, McCourt was a very effective platyer, filling in all over midfield and scoring 8 goals, 1 in each of the semi-finals and finals of both Cups. Caldwell and Loovens were solid all season heading everything. Caddis and Hinkel fought each other all season for the right-back spot, which Caddis probably won over all. Fox was consistent on the left after a very dodgy start. Zaluska was a quality keeper, without Boruc's acrobatics but just seemd to concede less than him and was a calm influence all year.

On a side note, I took over Ivory Coast for the World Cup and took them to the quater-finals, losing to Germany after absoutely slaughtering them. I resigned after the World Cup (it was abit too much).

I won the Manager of the Year, Fortune got Player of the Year, Crosas got Young Player and Reid got Fans Player so I was understandebly delighted with the season I had had. However, as the transfer window got closer I thought that with the quality of the players I had I could do no more with them, they were clearly the best in the league but it was also clear that I would do nothing in Europe with that group of players and I want to actually do something with them. SO in the summer I sold Samaras, Fortune and McDonald for a combined fee of £18.5m and bought Negredo, Miyevski and Jo for a combined fee of £18m. I sold Boruc for £6m and brought in Joe Hart for £1.9m. Loovens and Mcmanus were sold for £11m and Burdisso was brought in on a free and Odamenti was brought back from loan looking alot better. Hinkel and Fox were sold for £8m and Maxwell was brought in for £4.4m and ive decided to just use Caddis on the right. Reid, McGinn, Robson and Ki were sold for £10m and Riquelme was brought in on a free with Sando being brought in for a record £17.5m. Im currently working on bringing Hernanes for £18m but don't have the money yet so I might have to wait till next year. I'm also getting Kevin Davies in on loan as cover for my strikers.

To keep the change going I changed the formation to a 4-4-3 and my best team is:

Hart

Caddis

Burdisso

Odamenti

Maxwell

McGeady

Sandro

Riquelme

Milyevski

Jo

Negredo

I've just started my second season and they're all just beginning to gel for me and I think onc ethey've all settled in I'll have a really great team.

@ McGougan

Players in cost about £43m bearng in mind that Burdisso and Riquelme were free. Players out brought in about £46m. Not as much depth but the quality is alot higher.

I chose 4-3-3 because of my 2 great strikers but 2 of my coaches have said it doesnt suit my players so i might change it if it doesnt work.

@southside

Cheers, what roles do you play them in?

I'm doing that now and it seems to be working. First season he was abit shakey and couldnt win anything in the air so i loaned him to Porto in January which seems to have boosted alot of his stats and his confidence. Playing him next to Burdisso who is very experienced must help and they're keeping out Gary Caldwell who was a rock last year and scored loads of penalties and headers from corners.

Finished my first season.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2843/94578360yp.jpg

I was still undefeated when the championship was won, but then I started playing more youngsters and reserves beacuse I was still competing in the Europa league and coz I had a fair amount of injuries. I won both cups aswell and took my injury ravaged and out of form team all the way to the Europa final where I lost to Everton.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/3268/eurox.jpg

My best players were:

Cardozo 46(9) 49 goals 14 assists 7.54

Van Der Vaart 24(1) 6 goals 22 assists 7.52

McDonald 36(3) 30 goals 11 assists 7.50

McGeady 51(7) 17 goals 27 assists 7.40

I sold among others:

Zheng Zhi 1.9 mil

Flood 3.3m

Fortune 4.8m

Boruc 6.5m

Garrido 4.7m

Brown 10.75m + 30%

McDonald 11.75m

Total: 44.5 mil

I bought:

Marcus Berg 8.5m

Akinfeev 24.5m

Wilshere 1.7m loan fee with an option to buy for 7.5 mil

Radoi 5.5m

Dzeko 15 mil

Total 55 mil

O'dea's back he's been captain the last few games now.

We've got O'Dea, Hoovield, Thompson, Loovens and maybe Ivan Ramis.

Also got Edson Braafheid, Paul Slane and Kamara to add to Rasmussen, Rogne and Ki

I might need to start a new game.

was just about to say that you'd got him :D Hes on loan?

Archived