FM 10: Official Celtic Thread - Taking Back The Title

southsidecelt

Alright lads so ive developed a tactic called i`ll outscore you and in 10 games with the tic its seen me score 46 and conceede 12...

Just using this save to test it out, i will restart my game with it, coz tbh at the start there i was just messing around with tactics, and lost alot of games :(

But im almost ready to punish the league and Europe :D

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, yeah it did.. Still taking a break from the game though.. But wtf, I'll load it up in a wee bit and make a pre-season update.. And I might as well play a game or two..

You ease up on the goal scoring now mate.. Don't wan't you to take what's not yours ;)

Really atm tactics suck, i mean that one works ace for Celtic, its **** for Lyon, there is really no such thing as a super tactic, it just works well with some teams , and diar with others - there is no diablo tactic for this fm , which is essence makes it harder :)

Asnelem dont worry i still havent restarted that game, so your records safe :p

Ok, so here it goes..

Going into my fourth season as Champions of Europe and everything else we entered last year. Quadrouple year it was in 2012.

Decided to look over the squad a bit after the season, to improve the finances and give room for youngsters.

The players who left where either not good enough, not talanted enough or just too greedy for their own good. No-one left without we wanting them to though :D

Transfers:

namnlsgvz.th.jpg

It did hurt a bit to let Maloney go, but I'd rather see him play football than sit in the stands..

This leaves me with a first team squad looking like this:

namnls2.th.jpg

I'm really satisfied with it, same starting eleven as last season except for Papast...

I've also got a bunch of interesting youngsters including:

the next Totti

the next Davie Cooper - who's that?

the new Emile Mpenza who's similar to Dzeko - a future monster?

the next Jim Baxter (once again - who?)

and a bunch of kids thinking they're van der Vaart :D

and to top it all - a Scottish wonderkid!!

Focus this season will be on the CL of course but also to bring in some experienced golden oldies to tutor the kids. Beckham is fantastic, as is Dzeko and Granqvist. Hoping to bring in some more - reason for signing a 42-year-old David James by the way..

Hope to play at least one kid every league game to let them get a feel for it. Think I'll walk the league anyways ;-)

Really atm tactics suck, i mean that one works ace for Celtic, its **** for Lyon, there is really no such thing as a super tactic, it just works well with some teams , and diar with others - there is no diablo tactic for this fm , which is essence makes it harder :)

Asnelem dont worry i still havent restarted that game, so your records safe :p

i know france is a hard nut to crack, i don't think it helps that most people make tactics for the english leagues, i think every league has a slightly different set up. although i think if i uderstood how tactics work they would be very easy to use.

I started a Celtic save before reading this thread so I think I'm going to restart. Just got a couple of questions for you guys.

1. Does buying players over 48 months cause any problems in later years ? I don't know how much TV money and prize money you get in the SPL.

2. Who would you say are the must buys for Celtic ?

3. What tactics do you recommend, especially away from home in the Champions League ? I drew Arsenal in the qualifying round and lost. I usually prefer 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Any help would be appreciated, I've not managed Celtic for the last couple of FM's so I need it !

Alright mate, Welcome to the Celtic thread :)

If you buy 2 many over 48 months id say it will have an adverse effect if you arent doing well in Europe, at least getting to the group stages which gives you 6 mil!

Prize money, is 3 mil for 1st i think cant remember of the top of my head, TV moneys **** mabi 3 mil aswell

As for must buys, it all depends on which position you feel needs shored up - personally, id say fb`s so diego renan, ansaldi - dm`s - sandro, Upfront - milevskyi (will come in 1st season for 12 mil, cardozo ( wont come in 1st season ), Jo :D

I play a solid 4-4-2 with celtic usually, although im using a rather strange tactic this time round thats scoring well....

Cheers for the welcome mate.

I was thinking of selling Boruc because I don't like his high eccentricity rating. On the save I started I got Ochoa for 2 mil upfront, 5 over 48 months and 500 k after he plays 50 games. Also looked at Enyeama cause he's only 220 k, not sure about him though. I also bought Ryan Shawcross for 6 mil over 48 months and a friendly. Had to pay him 30k a week and a 1.6 mil signing fee to get him to sign though. I kept Hinkel and Misun as my 1st choice Full backs. Misun's stats went up through pre season and chelsea were interested but never made a bid. Looks like he could be decent with tutoring/training.

My aims are to build a side that dominates the SPL and does well in europe. How many players did you buy in the 1st season ?

I couldn't get Verratti to discuss a contract, how did you get him ?

Ok I just had a look at what I did on the game I started.

Sold

Loovens to Shakthar 7 mil up front.

Killen to West Brom 1.9 mil - most over 48 months.

Naylor to Fulham 3 mil - 2.5 over 48 months.

Also just offered Boruc for 7.5 to see if there'd be any takers and Porto bid 7.5 mil over 48 months. Do you reckon that's a good deal ?

Bought

Ochoa as I said, 2.5 up front, 5 mil over 48 months. Good keeper but Enyeama is tempting at 220k, would save me money for other players.

Shawcross 6.25 over 48 months. Had to pay 1.6 mil signing fee. Not sure this was the best deal

Otamendi 3 mil over 48. got him to be the 'cover' defender, Shawcross the 'stopper'

Miles Addison - straight swap for McCourt. Strong midfielder to develop

Sandro as i said before, 2 up front 9 mil over 48 months.

Just tried to get milevskiy, best I could do was 2.5 up front, 7.5 over 48 months. Would you do it at that price ? Also like the look of vukcevic (saw him mentioned somewhere). Had an offer of 8.5 mil over 48 months accepted. He'll sign for a big signing fee.

How do you set your team up in the tough european away games ?

Cheers for the help I should have come here earlier, gonna restart and get it right this time

Some interesting signings there mate. But why not add a few ;)

Enyeama - 220

Larsson - 90

Masilela - 26

Three great cheap signings. Enyeama is still my number one in season four, considering Ochoa though... Masilela and Larsson come nearly free, don't demand any wages to speak about and are brilliant in Scotland.

Gustav Svensson as a defensive midfielder is also a good shout. Under a million and very consistent..

Fat Adriano is a goal machine as in Cabanas, won the golden boot first season..

I really recommend signing Beckham on a free. Absolutely brilliant for one or two years and an excellent tutor. Have had four or five players tutored by him and they've developed a lot, Verratti most of all :D

Also bought Salvio, Sandro, Diego Renan, Otamendi, Krivets, Kryvtsov and some youngsters..

Built most of my team in the first season acctually it seems like..

As for signing players over 48 months I think you should in the first season or two but then try and ease up on it. I'm currently losing 1.5 million a month on making these payments..

I always play 4-4-2 so far in FM10, mostly because I've always had brilliant strikers.

First two seasons I played a 4-4-2 with wingers making it almost a 4-2-4.. Tweaked it into a counter attacking in Europe and reached QF in CL year one and SF in EL year two

Then switched to a 4-4-2 diamond to use van der Vaart better and it won me the CL in season three.. van der Vaart scoring 30 with 28 assists in 45 games :D

I played a lot of counter attack this season as well by the way. Switching to a defensive 4-3-3 if in the lead away putting my three fastest players up front and countering them apart on sheer pace

Caddis, Misun, Crosas, Boruc have been kept by people.. Not me though..

I just kept Maloney and McGeady to be honest.. The rest of them really didn't look good enough to me and I brought in a lot of players early on. Now doing it the Arsenal way, signing players when they're 16 and devolping them myself..

I couldn't get Verratti to discuss a contract, how did you get him ?

Sold

Loovens to Shakthar 7 mil up front.

Killen to West Brom 1.9 mil - most over 48 months.

Naylor to Fulham 3 mil - 2.5 over 48 months.

thats a great deal for loovens. just picking up on the players to keep. id keep mcgeady, brown(squad player),caddis, misun, o'dea and boruc but as you've sold him and got ochoa in for less thats great. as for everyone else sell sell. i kept caldwelll for the 1st season as i managed to get 9mil for him in season 2. if you keep crosas play him and sell him later on same with KI.

i adapted mr houghs 41212 to a 442 diamond and it ripped the league apart the SPL gets very easy or should be.

I wouldnt keep O`Dea personally, isnt good enough for a backup if ure wanting to progress the squad!!

Brown sell if you get 7.5 mil or over, Misun no less than 10 mil, Caddis was my first choice for 11 seasons, and he was superb.

Maloney eventually can go, i prefer him though, just coz hes a cracking lad - McGeady doesnt go for less than 15 mil :)

Well, O'Dea did well enough for me when called upon. But he's of course gone as soon as you find anything better..

On another note, playing my Celtic save again and loving it.. 16 points clear of the huns who are in sixth place. Only played 8 games but it's still fun :D

Been playing, just other teams. But tried the Three Rivers thingy and it was just not my cup of tea. So went back.

Yeah, still the diamond. Only 27 for and 5 against so far eight straight wins.. Rotating around 20-25 players and I guess that has some effect on it ;)

How are you mate? Lyon save up and running?

When do you go back? is the student system different in sweden?

Yeah, ive done a few runs at the Lyon save, but this one im enjoying much much more...

Will have to get my tic save going soon, though since this threads went dead quiet, needs some coercing again :D

Ahh i see - Rotating will have alot to do with it :)

Yeah im good mate, and you?

Lyon saves going good - well league wise, shegite in everything else !!! France is hard for tactics, so hoping next season with some transfers etc it will be good :)

x2 and i'm murder at tactics aswell. couldn't even get my man utd concquering tactic to work in france.

McGougan33 - Hows your new tactic working out mate?

Morning mate - the one i have going for Celtic is pretty ace, scores quite alot, although it doesnt work in my lyon save for some reason :(

How are you?

Well to be honest, we are all just brilliant tacticians :D

I second that ;)

Lol i suppose i might - no guarantees it will work though :p I only signed Milevskyi i think for that tactic....

Everyones been floored with something this season, its horrible isnt it - You still off?

I've been working on a kind of Barca 4-5-1 formation but only trying it in the cups just now. Working out okay so far. Was having a dip in form so thought I might have to change things to liven things up.

No I'm back now. Had a look at that new centre back Celtic signed and I hope he is better than he is on FM.

You lads talking abou Hooiveld from AIK there?

He was actually really good this past season, and Swedish league football shouldn't be THAT different from Scottish, apart from the Old Firm of course.. Good header and part of the best defence in Sweden last year. A bit unsure about his pace though as Swedish football is very slow compared to Brittish. And he's been on vacation for a month or two now so don't expect too much too soon.. That's pretty much it ;)

You lads talking abou Hooiveld from AIK there?

He was actually really good this past season, and Swedish league football shouldn't be THAT different from Scottish, apart from the Old Firm of course.. Good header and part of the best defence in Sweden last year. A bit unsure about his pace though as Swedish football is very slow compared to Brittish. And he's been on vacation for a month or two now so don't expect too much too soon.. That's pretty much it ;)

I was reading some quotes from Celtic fans in Sweden and they thought it was a really good signing. New Mjallby they have been saying.

Yeah, I guess there are simliarities. But he'll have to develop to be honest. When Mjällby was at Celtic he was a Swedish international and I really don't think Hooiveld is close to that right now. But I think he's also younger and should be able to develop quite much. Came from Finnish football to Swedish in -09 and adapted really well. Pretty similar leap now from Swedish to Scottish.

Just give him a little time, mostly because of tempo and the fact that our season ended in the beginning ov November

:eek:

What tactics do you use mate? Everyone in here seems to be pulling off massive wins against good teams, not just SPL sides.

4-1-2-1-2 mate,i think its about the quality of the players as well as the tactic,i spent about 100mil over 48 months in the first season:)

Archived