Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I think Soley might just edge it! Loving it mate, reminding me so much of my first season, who would have though back then I would be in Champions League with players like Neuer, Sakho, Pander, Zapater, Flamini, Jimenez and Lulinha? Oh happy days! icon_biggrin.gif

i know mate!! i hope i get there soon!

got Scott Cuthbert on loan for 3months and he is an instant hero!! drawning 2-2 with halifax in setanta sheild semi final! last corner of extra time bang he heads one in top corner! 3-2 and into the final!!!

okay good they sent me Mannoane and Gilbert on loan. Gilbert played a big part great right back and mannoane good back up GK to blanco!

Right End of season Report! amazing season in my books never had one like it!!

missed out on your points record matt by 1 point!!

League Table:

scr8afc268nd7.th.jpg

Fantastic performance in the league won with 8 games remaining and was looking secured after only 18 games!

Setanta Shield:

scr8b0084bqg0.th.jpg

Solid Perfomance and a great goal from Tarija again!

FA Trophy:

scr8bc9280ld0.th.jpg

Another solid performance and a good one from Salomonsson!

Squad:

scr8be6432mm9.th.jpg

Overall basically every player has been impressive additions have been Ebanks-Blake, Hoskins, Fryatt, Edgar and Davies.

Squad at times lacked depth with alot of original players having to step in but as you can see they did the job very well

Outstanding contributions from:

Alfonso Blanco - conceded 34 in 42 with 18 clean sheets 7/10

Kerrea Gilbert - 7 assists and just an all round solid season will be looking to recruit again next season hoping for a permanent deal. 8/10

Seyfo Soley - well just look 39 goals from DM including Pens, Freekicks and Corners but still hit alot of long range piledrivers! 9.5/10

Sylvan Ebanks Blake - great contribution of 15 in 15 league games 9/10

Will Hoskins - 17 in 16 overall! 9/10

Danny Rose - 19 assists from the original oxford star! 7/10

Emil Salomonsson - just usual class act game in game out passing was brilliant 7.5/10

Andrei Ionescu - 10 goals and 16 assists in his 1st season. 8/10

and in the end Tarija started to do pretty well! 7/10

set some new record along the way! and still counting 21 games won in a row in all competitions and 26 unbeaten icon_biggrin.gif not half bad icon_smile.gif

cannot wait until next season!! sorry to bore you with all of that lol.

Ok guys, please help me out.

Looking through this thread, most people seem to be using the "Corner bug/issue" as an advantage. I usually have a rod up my arse about things like this (I like to do things properly). But because I started my Oxford career as fun, should I exploit it? If I do, does it need to be a CB, a CF or just someone with good heading stats?

Are people as Oxford using this?

Thanks.

Zombie, good to see you back mate and the right choice picking Arsenal imo, fantastic academy.

Tom, Fantastic season mate, great to see you have your love for Oxford back again. Ha unlucky, only 1 point off, miles too close for comfort! icon_wink.gif

Loan signings look amazing and good old Soley with 39! Rose was probably the best player for me from the original squad but not as good as he is for you! Let's hope you can carry that form into next season! icon14.gif

Creppin, a tough one mate. I used the corner bug earlier in my Oxford career but it wasn't mega successful like it has been for others so I don't use it now and I'm still doing amazingly if I say so myself! I think it just has to be someone with good heading and jumping stats but that's usually a DC anyway isn't it?

Hey guys another quick update!

Not done much at all getting a bit board with it now Its become far too easy! Applied for the Man U job and didn't get it then the Barcelona job and got rejected for that now half the squad are unhappy at me. My captain missed training so I stripped him of the captaincy and half the plaayers are unhappy at me for that! might quit and just play as England already won the Euro's so might go for the world cup then take a big job.

However!

Got a major cash investment or a takeover and after spending an initial £14m the increased my transfer budget from £15m to £51m so in total £65m to spend!

To answer your question dexta I used the Kimz tactic in league 1, championship and my first season in the premiership! Score plenty of goals but concede way too many. Ive probably had the best attack and worst defence in the last 3 seasons.

Creppin

Corners set them to 6 yard box

then i do your

full backs - stay back

DC1/Best Header - Challenge GK

DC2/2nd best header - Attack near post

3rd 4th best Attack Ball From Deep

5th 6th Forward

7th 8th Outside Area

and this got me alot of goals!

didnt mean to press post!

Jonny ah cool i might try it again but at the moment mine seems to work so ill play with it until it doesnt! but if not might try kimz

and nice about the cash injection!! love it!

Matt yeah hopefully will take it into next season if not ill cry lool

just starting league 2 transfer window! only 190k to spend so not sure who to get really! got villa as another parent club. butthey are sending me useless stuff!! will post transfers tomorrow because i dont think i will get there tonight

Hi guys just started my season in League 1 very pleased with my signings and the start I have made to the season.

I have knocked Watford out of the league cup in the first round and I was away.

Just beat Milwall away from home to take me 2nd in the league after 3 games.

Will post my screen shots tomorrow as I am watching Shameless and going to sleep after that.

More to follow tomorrow....

Originally posted by Celtic 08:

Tom you want a left back try and get some from Liverpool under 18s they have the best

are you sure mate? they only have Robbie Threlfall who is old enough to go on loan you sure? he looks useless. insua would have been good but in 1st team lol

haha! well i had a loan offer for Yuri Berchiche from Spurs but then got one from Godwin Antwi accepted so think ill just take him and have a makshift DL i have Oliva so will play him there most games. i feel antwi will make a good partnership with Henville its looking good!

Archived