*Results from the Football Manager 2008 survey*

Kudos for having the time and dedication to produce such a survey, however I'm not entirely convinced about the quality of your sample source.

The first clue is in your sample results in the very first results slide:

FM08.01: 76.8%

I'd place a lot of money thats not representative of the population.

I know 4 others that play FM, none of which had ever patched any version.

What I am essentially getting at, is that none of the data is representative of the general publics perceptions of the game.

If your attempting to show the views of the 'hardcore' niche of FM fans then fair do's.

Well done, however I don't think your results are entirely credible.

dane0, thanks for the effort in running the survey and compiling the results for us. icon14.gif

As for the results themselves I was surprised how many people seemed to like the match engine, which imo has gone backwards since FM2007, and the transfer and contract module. The AI's way of negotiating has been badly flawed for a while now, as has its judgement of players and the types of signings they make. The thread on this issue a while back, from what I remember had everyone in agreement that the transfer module needed a big improvement, so I really cannot understand the results for that question.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dane0:

Just another bump as not everyone might having seen it over the holiday period icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And thanks for that bump and of course for creating this survey!

I participated but never saw the results until now.

Player/media interaction seem to be the worst part of the game although we consider improving the game engine far more important.

This seems to me spot on!

I love to see more interaction, but still think that the most important part of the game are the matches itself.

Patience is the key imo.

I'm sure 8.0.2 will be great, 7.0.2 was also much different (read: improvement) from the original 07 engine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by This field intentionally left blank:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">250 million fat ignorant Americans dicating world policy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you'll find it only takes 1 fat ignorant American to dictate world policy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vote Homericon_wink.gif.

Glad it was bumped- good work dean0

Some interesting results which, as always can be interpreted in many ways.

The summary above was quite accurate and I hope that SI take heart from the results, but also take note of the problem areas, learn from some of the mistakes on this and previous versions and continue to improve the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone who said that the game should get 0 out of 10 is a moron though. Come on... You can't be serious? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must say that when you take the general climate on the discussion forums into regard I was actually surprised that there weren't anymore 0's issued!

Archived