9.0.3 Strikers Couldn't Finish A Breakfast??

:thdn:

Why won't my strikers score?

Why does the CPU have one shot and one goal, when I have 20 shots and only get one goal? I have Rooney and Higuain up front, they have E-Banks-Blake?

I had 35 shots, Wolves had 1. Is it scripted?

Any tips on how to get goals out of these supposed world class players?

Why do my centre backs out score the strikers?

Also, they never get a rating above 7.

Its like they don't want to get involved in the game?

Any advice on what to set the individual player settings to? Or am I totally missing something here??

I'm getting the same ****ing ****, this is terrible. 29 shots to 3 and i lost 2-0

I've played 3 Lost 2 Drawn 1

Conceded 4

Scored 0

No need for that mate - as suggested lowering the mentality settings may mean that your forwards are less isolated from the rest of play and will be more involved.

You have to suck with tactics.

My strikers, Tevez/Villa and Love always gets a rating above 7,30 and lots of goals/assists.

Give one of them free role, both high mentality and high creative freedom, no long shots, often forward runs/often run with ball.

I think it is a tactical problem. It's not like they don't want but they aren't involved in the game. Probably they are isolated from the midfield. Try lowering their mentality settings.

I will try lowering the mentality, thanks...

sorry dont agree with you guys, i have V love and robinho up front love 55 goals and robinho 41

and i use a simple tactic 442

I use a 442. I went 60+ league games unbeaten, but the strikers were still poor.

You have to suck with tactics.

My strikers, Tevez/Villa and Love always gets a rating above 7,30 and lots of goals/assists.

Give one of them free role, both high mentality and high creative freedom, no long shots, often forward runs/often run with ball.

I don't suck, my tactics have won me much silver wear over the past two seasons. The team on a whole is playing great, like I said 60-40 possession in my favour, 20-30 shots per game, its just the strikers simply missed easy chances :thdn:

My point being that my centre-backs seem more likely to score than my strikers?

I already have one on a free role. Nothing so far has worked :thdn:

:thdn:

Why won't my strikers score?

Why does the CPU have one shot and one goal, when I have 20 shots and only get one goal? I have Rooney and Higuain up front, they have E-Banks-Blake?

I had 35 shots, Wolves had 1. Is it scripted?

Any tips on how to get goals out of these supposed world class players?

Why do my centre backs out score the strikers?

Both players are World Class but I wouldn't call either of them World Class Strikers. World Class Strikers however are absolutely lethal in 9.0.3. My frontline is Cristiano Ronaldo with 20 goals in 17 and Sergio Aguero with 12 goals in 13.

Wayne Rooney is a World Class Forward but as a striker he is rather poor. He lacks the agility and dribbling to surge through a defence and he lacks the First Touch, Finishing and Composure to put away half chances. As you have such a potent team you are probably facing a lot of really tight defences and this requires lethal, clinical finishing combined to devestating movement for any one player to consistently score against. My advice to you would be to invest in a Strike Partner for Rooney that can put him clean through on goal several times a game or can anticipate and finish to a brutal degree the number of chances Rooney can create. Although Higuain is good, I don't think he is good enough to do either of those two things against the kind of defences you are likely facing.

I had quite interesting match, friendly, playing as Chelsea manager.

Had 35 shots against 4. Only 4 shots on target, but 17 Blocked shots!!

Ended 1-0 to other team.... Their only shot on target went in...

Sounds like you hit a packed defence and a highly motivated lone striker.

My apologies, I thought your post was a tactical question when infact it was a round of "state the obvious" that should be in GD if it even warrents being on this site.

Well, I still find that oposition is blocking quite a few shots in my games. I am winning comfortably, 2-0 or more, but Blocked shots number is always high. Any idea what would cause that? I play sort of 4-3-3:

------FC----

AML-------AMR

---MC---MC---

-----DMC------

DL--DC-DC--DR

Both MCs are more of AMCs (Deco, Lampard, Ballack), Wingers have actually higher mentality than FC has. DL/DR are Normal mentality, DMC couple notches to Defensive. I play couple nothes to Wide and Push Up defensive line bit too. And I play Offside trap. No target men or playmakers. DMC is only one to Hold Up the Ball.

I do score quite a few goals from long shots just outside the penalty area, but when I get into penalty box, lot of shots seem to get blocked. This is quite different phenomena from when I play Man City as 4-4-1-1. Maybe I just need better striker? :p Wingers seem to get into penalty area just fine. I set them to cross to centre..maybe that is the reason?

Well, I still find that oposition is blocking quite a few shots in my games. I am winning comfortably, 2-0 or more, but Blocked shots number is always high. Any idea what would cause that? I play sort of 4-3-3:

------FC----

AML-------AMR

---MC---MC---

-----DMC------

DL--DC-DC--DR

Both MCs are more of AMCs (Deco, Lampard, Ballack), Wingers have actually higher mentality than FC has. DL/DR are Normal mentality, DMC couple notches to Defensive. I play couple nothes to Wide and Push Up defensive line bit too. And I play Offside trap. No target men or playmakers. DMC is only one to Hold Up the Ball.

I do score quite a few goals from long shots just outside the penalty area, but when I get into penalty box, lot of shots seem to get blocked. This is quite different phenomena from when I play Man City as 4-4-1-1. Maybe I just need better striker? :p Wingers seem to get into penalty area just fine. I set them to cross to centre..maybe that is the reason?

Just a thought? What is your passing and tempo set at? If it is Short and Slow, then the opposition has time to get backand defend deep. Therefore limiting the amount of free space your strikers have. Short and Quick might be a little better. Or perhaps a more direct style?

Also, your AMR/L have very high mentality, especially when compared to your DR/L, which means there is no connection between them down the flanks. Leaving your full backs with the options of passing through the DMC or a hopeful long ball forward.

Also noticed that both your MCs are quite attacking. So, perhaps there is a gap developing between your DMC and the MCs, leavinghim little option for a forward pass. His main option is to pass sideways to the full backs now. Or, as with the full backs, try a low percentage long pass forward to the MCs into a crowded final third of the pitch.

You need to look at your mentality on an overall basis. As, I feel your getting outnumbered too often up-front. Causing the forward players to rush any chances they may have.

Anyway, just a thought for you to maybe look at?

Thanks, I think my wingers may have bit too high attacking mentality. On the other hand, Joe Cole dribbles through right side in every game and creates plenty of chances. I probably have to lower the mentality of my wingers and (A)MCs a tick or 2. During the game though, Bosingwa (DR) and J. Cole (AMR) seem to connect very well, but A. Cole and Quaresma not that well. Full backs are set couple notches towards direct passing. Passing is generally Mixed and Tempo is normal. Maybe I need to adjust some players to Short passing.

When watching the matches, it seems that I get most of my chances from center, from penalty spot to further away and area is very congested. So that may explain the number of blocked shots. But Deco, Lampard and Ballack are just lethal from that area...so I am not too unhappy.

On the other hand, I have not lost a match yet, only draw one friendly and just hammered weaker ECL opponent (Cluj) 8-0. And Liverpool was toast at home 3-0 (Torres was injured and didn't play), Tottenham too, 5-0.

So I am happy how my tactics suit to the team, but there is always space for adjustments. So thanks for the suggestions.

Archived