Always conceding the same goal.

Constantly, and despite changing tactics from four at the back to five with a sweeper, to three at the back and back again, I'm conceding the SAME goal over and over again.

Long ball from the defence/'keeper over the heads of the defenders who stand rooted to the spot to give the attacker a five yard headstart and a clean run on goal. Occasionally they helpfully take a step forward whilst the ball is in the air. Sometimes the 'keeper saves, sometimes they miss and sometimes they score. But it's always the same move.

The defendes are both expereiced and in their late 20s, and both have had experience at this level and higher. Both are over six feet tall and both have jumping and heading ratings of 12-14 (League Two level, so that's not bad)

So why are they both entirely incapable of judging the flight of a ball and doing anything about it?

Or are we back to the age old argument that it doesn't actually matter how good your players are or how much experience they have. If you've got something even slightly wrong in the tactics, they will make idiotic mistake after idiotic mistake.

Meanwhile, I have my tactics set to target man and 'run on to ball' and they never, ever drop the ball over the defenders shoulders for my men to run on to.

Is 903 the most recent?

I had the problem with the first version, but it went with the first patch but seems to be back again.

Too much 'cinderella' football across the pitch. The forwards do the same thing, but it's not as drastic.

I had this problem in my 9.0.2 save as Chelsea and that was Terry and Carvalho. What I found to be extremely effective was setting one OI and using "Closing Down - Always" and "Show Onto - Weaker Foot" set to the oppositions Goal Keeper and whenever the ball is passed back to the Keeper one of your Strikers should close down the keeper which limits the amount of times something like that can happen.

I had this quite a bit on the first two patches, but it seems to have disappeared in 9.03 for the most part.

The best solution I found was to, as Intercept suggested, put closing down and weaker foot OIs on the opposition keeper, and their center halves too.

Archived