Why did Football Manager change its name from Championship Manager?

For the record the original Player Manager from 1990 was great and yes saviocm, it used the original kick off engine. I can't comment on any of the more recent incarnations, like the 99 version posted above, but I'd imagine that they aren't very good, much like the Sensi games post 1997.

Look, I'm sure the new CM will look very pretty and everything, but it still won't make up for the fact that the database will suck, like it has last year and the year before that and so on.

How do you know that it will suck,i'm not saying it won't,but the demo will decide how good it is,you honestly think that they are developing it much longer to give us completely the same product like last editions that were pretty bad?It maybe will be the ond of the series,but it can be a new beggining for them!

For the record the original Player Manager from 1990 was great and yes saviocm, it used the original kick off engine. I can't comment on any of the more recent incarnations, like the 99 version posted above, but I'd imagine that they aren't very good, much like the Sensi games post 1997.

Look, I'm sure the new CM will look very pretty and everything, but it still won't make up for the fact that the database will suck, like it has last year and the year before that and so on.

The original Player Manager was brilliant. Started off as an all action midfielder then as you got older (bout 40ish) started playing up front because your player could only move for about 5 mins of the game.....excellent stuff!!

Would love to have a go of it again!

How do you know that it will suck,i'm not saying it won't,but the demo will decide how good it is,you honestly think that they are developing it much longer to give us completely the same product like last editions that were pretty bad?It maybe will be the ond of the series,but it can be a new beggining for them!

call me cynical but I doubt they can turn everything around in the space of a year and a bit. just look at the write-up they gave it, all they say is backed up by a huge database. they could claim their database is huge already, it doesn't say they are making any strides to improve it. that's what i call reading between the lines. at least they admit their games have been mediocre though :)

The original Player Manager was brilliant. Started off as an all action midfielder then as you got older (bout 40ish) started playing up front because your player could only move for about 5 mins of the game.....excellent stuff!!

abandonia.com has Player Manager 2 on it that you could download. I've only ever played the original but I'll give the sequel a bash tonight I think

call me cynical but I doubt they can turn everything around in the space of a year and a bit. just look at the write-up they gave it, all they say is backed up by a huge database. they could claim their database is huge already, it doesn't say they are making any strides to improve it. that's what i call reading between the lines. at least they admit their games have been mediocre though :)

abandonia.com has Player Manager 2 on it that you could download. I've only ever played the original but I'll give the sequel a bash tonight I think

Cheers i'll have a look at that after work.

Ooops i ment this one, you have to look closly as its a poor video but even so you can still tell how much better the graphics look than FMs
I wouldn't judge the game just by looking at that poor quality 10 second video mate ;)

What amhufcwafc said. It is very hard to judge on that so personally it does not look any better to me.

I will try the demo and then judge it. (Glad the Irish leagues are added. :D)

haha.

i used to start the game over & over till i got good speed stats. it didnt matter about anything else... as long as you could run faster than the other players then you were ok :D

in saying that. i played as queens park in the lower leagues & i always seemed to get a good player.

Archived