Pavel Pogrebnyak

Pod17

How are you guys using Pogrebnyak in the EPL? I signed him for Bolton for £2.5 million, my fans were thrilled, then he failed the work permit application. I appealed it, and he failed again. Tried the contract renewal tactic, failed again. He had no interest in joining my feeder club. What did you guys do differently?

Just finished the first season. I'm approaching the beginning of my second season. I'm guessing he's not played enough for Russia? Perhaps I should try to get him on a pre-contract and hope he's played enough by then?

I'd imagine so, never seen a problem with getting Pogrebnyak at the start of the first season. :thup:

Thanks Hopey. How very, very odd. I guess I'll have to give up on that hunt, although Lord knows where I'll find another 25 year old talented striker for £2.5 million. Elmander is starting to get whiny about the £20 million price tag I put on him - he scored 20 goals for BOLTON in his first season so I think he's worth it - and I'd like to have another option in case Johan "throws his toys out of the pram" as the English say.

Cheers. I'll find somebody. I'm realizing that a lot of the "good deals" people talk about dry up pretty soon after the first summer transfer window as they get more playing time for their club. But, there's always a new deal out there! I've just signed Gervinho for the right wing and he can play striker as well, I got Leroy Lita for free, and there's always Super Kevin Davies!

bought him for 4million in first season with middlesbrough. Socred 22 goals. Sold him to united after one season for 30 million. Has scored 15 in 2 seasons there. bought him back for 5 million. socred another 21 for me. Sold him to Roma for 25 million again. So far he has played 8 games for them and we are in april...

Terrible for Spurs, couldn't win a header or finish a 1 on 1. Bought him mainly as the target man, but didn't work out. Still sold him for profit though. Scored just 9 goals in all competition.

Same here, couldn't hit the proverbial...

Sold him to milan.

I have Milevskiy & Laurito, same type of players but much better.

Im playing with Newcastle

I bought him in my first season to bacup Owen(since i play with 1 striker)

Still he maneged to score 12 goals.

Second season Owen left and he was 1st choice. Absolutelly brilliant.

38 games 35 goals in the premier and plenty more in other cups.12 assists.12 MoM.European Golden boot.

Second season.Again,Golden boot.34 games 28 goals 6ass, 6 MoM.

I dare to say that is the most brilliant sign of my whole 4 seasons.And i managed to sign very nice players.

He is my number 1

Re: Pavel Pogrebnyak

Got him for my wigan team. P 12 G 7 A 4. Use him as a target man with Zaki ( who is a BEAST ) as my pace striker. As a pair they've got 19 goals in 15 games, looking good.

Have the same strike partnership for Stoke, and there lethal, they have excelled me up to six in the premiership:)His value has also risen dramatically and interest in Zaki is high

• 2 weeks later...

This 6"4 monster is rarely spoken of in the forums but plays up front for zenit at the start of the game but can be bought for under £5mill easy. he is immense in the air, being 19 strentgh and jumping, with a lovely 18 heading to go with it. He also has 17 finishing along with no weakness in pace, technique, passing or off-the-ball. His only flaw is 9 composure but i am yet to see this hinder him when in goal-scoring positions! he also possesses 19 work rate and 17 team work!!

I bought him in january 09 for liverpool thinking he would be a rotation player at best as my scout said he would only be a decent player, but i was vary wrong! This guy has scored better than 1 in 2 for me and must be the best target man on the game. i even sometimes play him instead of torres when i have 1 up front!!:D

Has anyone else bought or played with this beast? what are your views?

• 6 months later...

Archived