WW's Wing Cutters 4-4-2 Attack Tactics for 9.2.0 (Also worked with 9.0.1)

use the attacking one from the 4 tactics in the set switch to control when you are in control simple really

I have started with v1 and it does wonders for me, the best tactic I have ever tried yet... Apart from the results the play itself is quite sufficent and satisfactory...

I'll go with Attack and Control tonight...

My Team (Arsenal)

PlayMaker: Cesc

Asenjo (Allmunia)

Sagna Toure Fazio Chily

Marquinhos Velaso Cesc M. Fernandez

Adebayor Eduardo

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i use the wingers as the play makers downing on my boro save petrov/silva on man city

one thing i have noticed and it's annoying me is that the midfielders don't get good ratings not sure why this is but they both have free role on so i'm thinking that could be why

any reason for this WW

WW would you be able to tell me when to use the tactics in the tactic set?

from what i've been reading it seams like your starting with attacking and switching to controll / standard

but what about if your playing a top team (man utd) would you still start with attacking

thanks

Sorry for the late reply people, but hve been out all day

Seems promising..

Could somebody tell me what the big difference is between v1/v2 on the one side and the tactic set (4 tactics) on the other?

Muchas gracias!

The difference between V1 and V2 is only that i have tried to tweak the midfield attacking centre as he is the main poor performer in the squad

i use the wingers as the play makers downing on my boro save petrov/silva on man city

one thing i have noticed and it's annoying me is that the midfielders don't get good ratings not sure why this is but they both have free role on so i'm thinking that could be why

any reason for this WW

If it's the wingers not getting good ratings try taking them off playmaker as this should hopefully mean that they will get a lot more space to run into as the AI doesn' seem to mark them as tightly as if they are set to playmaker. If it's the centre mids then try dropping the mentality of the DMC by 1 or 2 and lower his creative freedom, also try unticking free role of it is ticked. If it is the AMC then this is a problem that seems to be with the game itself as i have been told that this position is a bit bugged in 9.2.0, with them not getting the ratings that they should, although their ratings seem to be slightly better in the 4 versions pack.

WW would you be able to tell me when to use the tactics in the tactic set?

from what i've been reading it seams like your starting with attacking and switching to controll / standard

but what about if your playing a top team (man utd) would you still start with attacking

thanks

If you are playing a bit team as a small team then i would go defensive as this sure's up your defense a bit whereas sticking attemping to catch your opponents on the counter, which isn't the case in the shut-up-shop tactic, which is just everyone defending. I would usally use shut-up-shop when you are a couple of divisions below the opposition and just trying to gain a replay or trying to hold onto a result desperatly.

The standard one i use when i see the oppenent counter atacking me a lot, as it plays a little deeper then the control and attacking tactics. Normally this will occur when you are a large team playing a smaller team in the league

The control tactic is my favourite as it conbines possesion with attacking play, therefore keeping the ball from your opponets. However this tactic will normally work best when you are a quite big team in your division playing teams that are around you level or a bit further down the table and still pose a threat.

The attacking tactic is what i normally use if i am heavy favourites for the match and the opponent don't pose much of a threat to my defence. Normally used when you are a large team playing a team in the bottom half or relegation zone of your league.

If the attacking tactic isn't working for you in a game then try rotating between the control and standard tactics aswell as one of these tactics will normally come out on top of your oppinents.

Hope this helps and just ask if you have any more questions:thup:

Thats great WW thanks for your reply will let you know how i go on.

just one more thing to clear up

the attacking tactic doesn't have playmaker ticked in team instructions, do i leave it unticked and still drop and drag my playmaker into the playmaker list?

thanks again

if you want to use him as playmaker then tick it aswell, it's just i left it unticked as i leave it upto you whether you play a playmaker or not, so if you want one to play then tick it, yes

Hope that helps

thanks for the replay WW in my boro save i have downing as playmaker on the left and i have noticed during replays that the right winger gets alot of space i think this is because the AI are marking downing

just beat newcastle in league cup 3-0 i was away started off on control when i went 2-0 up switched to defencive and scored again

i haven't lost in 5 games although i've had 4 draws and 1 win including 2-2 draw with arsenal

thanks for the replay WW in my boro save i have downing as playmaker on the left and i have noticed during replays that the right winger gets alot of space i think this is because the AI are marking downing

just beat newcastle in league cup 3-0 i was away started off on control when i went 2-0 up switched to defencive and scored again

i haven't lost in 5 games although i've had 4 draws and 1 win including 2-2 draw with arsenal

Yep, this is what i've found aswell that they will always mark your playmaker a lot more so your other winger gets into a lot of space

WW,

sorry for the mixup, but I wanted to know the difference between the v-tactics and the tactics set, not the difference between the v1 and v2, you already made that clear.

So, when do you use a v-tactic and when a tactic from the tactic set, and I would like to know the reason to do so.

Yeah, it's a b*tch that you don't speak Dutch, then we wouldn't have this problem ;)

Thanks again for your answer! :)

WW,

sorry for the mixup, but I wanted to know the difference between the v-tactics and the tactics set, not the difference between the v1 and v2, you already made that clear.

So, when do you use a v-tactic and when a tactic from the tactic set, and I would like to know the reason to do so.

Yeah, it's a b*tch that you don't speak Dutch, then we wouldn't have this problem ;)

Thanks again for your answer! :)

haha, sorry foreign languages aren't my strong point.

the tactics set is basically an adaption of the original v-tactics. I thought that i would expand the original tactics to make it more useable by people playing as different level teams, so they aren't connected you can use one of the v-tactics or you can use the tactics set. You only use either the v-tactics or the tactics set with your team, not both of them.

I tried to make this as simple as i could to try to make sure you understood it but if your still not sure just post and i'll try to explain it better.

im really struggling with this tactic! im playing as wigan, second season.. i just seem to be conceding far to many goals!.

results so far:

1-4 A - Blackburn

1-1 A - West Brom

2-0 A - Millwall (LC)

5-1 H - Liverpool

2-4 H - Man Utd

3-0 A - Tottenham

0-1 A - Sunderland (LC)

2-2 H - Chelsea

0-1 H - Newcastle

5-2 A - Crystal Palace

3-2 A - Portsmouth

0-1 H - Bolton

1-3 A - Aston Villa

Ive followed all the position specifics, players are all average around 7, i just dont seem to be getting consistent performances. The games im losing i deserve to lose, the games im winning i deserve to win. Im using tactic V1.

Feedback and Help would be appreciated!

im really struggling with this tactic! im playing as wigan, second season.. i just seem to be conceding far to many goals!.

results so far:

1-4 A - Blackburn

1-1 A - West Brom

2-0 A - Millwall (LC)

5-1 H - Liverpool

2-4 H - Man Utd

3-0 A - Tottenham

0-1 A - Sunderland (LC)

2-2 H - Chelsea

0-1 H - Newcastle

5-2 A - Crystal Palace

3-2 A - Portsmouth

0-1 H - Bolton

1-3 A - Aston Villa

Ive followed all the position specifics, players are all average around 7, i just dont seem to be getting consistent performances. The games im losing i deserve to lose, the games im winning i deserve to win. Im using tactic V1.

Feedback and Help would be appreciated!

Try downloading the tactics set and mainly using the standard and control tactics out of it as you seem to be having incosistant scoring aswell, and with the 5 tactics in the tactic set you can adjust and change to which tactic is neccersary

i've just been whooped by arsenal 6-2 they bloody buggers never mind only a slight hick up in whats been a great first half of season 1 for middlesbrough

halfway though january and i'm sitting 7th

had alot of injuries key players like pogrebnyak and downing both been out for 2 months

still in europe contention i mainly use attacking at home even against better teams and control away or attacking depending on who i'm playing

I started to use tactic set at the 2nd of the season... I'm doing well but my guys hammered by Man Und and WBA (Away) except these to matches we won everything.. We have beaten the EPL leader L'pool 0-3, and in CL vs. Inter 1-1 (A) - 2-0 (H)...

I use Control as standart tactic with my Arsenal Team...

Asenjo

Sagna Toure Fazio Chily

Marquinhos Cesc Velaso Mati

Vela Adebayor

Adebayor plays well with this tactic but Vela, Eduardo and Kerrrison could not score...

Also Marquinhos (MR) does nothing during the match...

haha, sorry foreign languages aren't my strong point.

the tactics set is basically an adaption of the original v-tactics. I thought that i would expand the original tactics to make it more useable by people playing as different level teams, so they aren't connected you can use one of the v-tactics or you can use the tactics set. You only use either the v-tactics or the tactics set with your team, not both of them.

I tried to make this as simple as i could to try to make sure you understood it but if your still not sure just post and i'll try to explain it better.

Well, it's a good thing you didn't write the post in Chinese ;)

No I fully understand now. Thank you very much!

Will give it a go :thup:

Garrinka

do you have one of you wingers as playmaker if you do try switching it over i've noticed that the playmaker in my team (downing) has great rating (about 7.5 mostly) but cos he's getting marked alot that give arce on the right alot of space.

also my defensive mid gary o neil scores a few goals from cut backs from the strikers

anyone else noticed this

i've just been whooped by arsenal 6-2 they bloody buggers never mind only a slight hick up in whats been a great first half of season 1 for middlesbrough

halfway though january and i'm sitting 7th

had alot of injuries key players like pogrebnyak and downing both been out for 2 months

still in europe contention i mainly use attacking at home even against better teams and control away or attacking depending on who i'm playing

Apparently if you decrease the intensity of your training this should lessen the amount injurys, although most of the time i just find it to be bad luck tbh.

I started to use tactic set at the 2nd of the season... I'm doing well but my guys hammered by Man Und and WBA (Away) except these to matches we won everything.. We have beaten the EPL leader L'pool 0-3, and in CL vs. Inter 1-1 (A) - 2-0 (H)...

I use Control as standart tactic with my Arsenal Team...

Asenjo

Sagna Toure Fazio Chily

Marquinhos Cesc Velaso Mati

Vela Adebayor

Adebayor plays well with this tactic but Vela, Eduardo and Kerrrison could not score...

Also Marquinhos (MR) does nothing during the match...

What tactics do you use against those teams?

Also im not too sure why your other 3 players can't score, possibly try setting them as target man, and then run onto ball.

Well, it's a good thing you didn't write the post in Chinese

No I fully understand now. Thank you very much!

Will give it a go :thup:

:D yep, i will try wirting my next tactic in Chinese and you can tell me how you get on undertanding that:D

Also, keep me updated on how you get on :thup:

Try downloading the tactics set and mainly using the standard and control tactics out of it as you seem to be having incosistant scoring aswell, and with the 5 tactics in the tactic set you can adjust and change to which tactic is neccersary

As instructed, i downloaded ur tactic set, and have been playing with "attacking".

Results are as follows:

2-1 H Everton

2-1 A Burnley

1-0 H Man City

0-1 A Arsenal

2-2 A Derby

0-0 H Middlesbrough

3-2 H Sunderland

2-3 A West Ham

3-1 H West Brom

0-3 A Aston Villa (Fa Cup 3rd round - played very weak squad)

1-1 A Liverpool

2-1 H Blackburn

4-3 A Man Utd

Im scoring well, my strikers are playing really well. defensively im still leaking goals and would like to sure it up a bit. Any ideas?! Thanks, im really enjoying this tactic!

As instructed, i downloaded ur tactic set, and have been playing with "attacking".

Results are as follows:

2-1 H Everton

2-1 A Burnley

1-0 H Man City

0-1 A Arsenal

2-2 A Derby

0-0 H Middlesbrough

3-2 H Sunderland

2-3 A West Ham

3-1 H West Brom

0-3 A Aston Villa (Fa Cup 3rd round - played very weak squad)

1-1 A Liverpool

2-1 H Blackburn

4-3 A Man Utd

Im scoring well, my strikers are playing really well. defensively im still leaking goals and would like to sure it up a bit. Any ideas?! Thanks, im really enjoying this tactic!

If your game is similar to some of my games then it's probably your defensive line is too high as attackers seem to run through a lot. I'd reccomend that you drop the defensive line about 2/3 clicks, but also drop the CM's back by how many you dropped the defender back by as not to leave too bug a gap between the defense and midfield.

Hope that helps :thup:

Also, in the results you posted is your score always first or have you posted your score last when you are away?

What tactics do you use against those teams?

Also im not too sure why your other 3 players can't score, possibly try setting them as target man, and then run onto ball.

I always start with control tactic and than turn to Attack when the oppenet lead the game...

I'll try targetman, should I tick the targetman box or just dragging them to targetman area is enough?

Thanks WW:))

I always start with control tactic and than turn to Attack when the oppenet lead the game...

I'll try targetman, should I tick the targetman box or just dragging them to targetman area is enough?

Should I put both of my strikers to TM or just the pacy one..?

Should I put both of my strikers to TM or just the pacy one..?

just the pacy one

tick the target man box aswell as dragging him into the target man area :thup:

If your game is similar to some of my games then it's probably your defensive line is too high as attackers seem to run through a lot. I'd reccomend that you drop the defensive line about 2/3 clicks, but also drop the CM's back by how many you dropped the defender back by as not to leave too bug a gap between the defense and midfield.

Hope that helps :thup:

Also, in the results you posted is your score always first or have you posted your score last when you are away?

Ok, ill give it a try! results are still indifferent, im finding im conceding first quite alot!

And yes, my score is always posted first in the results.

Im currently sitting 9th in the league -

P - 26 ; W - 11 ; D - 6 ; L - 9 ; GF - 46 ; GA - 41 ; Pts - 39

Ok, ill give it a try! results are still indifferent, im finding im conceding first quite alot!

And yes, my score is always posted first in the results.

Im currently sitting 9th in the league -

P - 26 ; W - 11 ; D - 6 ; L - 9 ; GF - 46 ; GA - 41 ; Pts - 39

oh and also try not to keep changing the CB's (incase you are doing that) as i have found that it takes a few games (say 5/6) for a defensive partnership to gel and before this they can leak quite a few goals

Reading through this thread it seems like you have a good tactic here. I've been struggling with finding a decent tactic for Ipswich so gonna give this a go. Sounds like v2 is better for lower teams so I'll try that and let you know how I get on.

Any recommendations beforehand ie bargain players that play well in this formation?

cheers mate

Reading through this thread it seems like you have a good tactic here. I've been struggling with finding a decent tactic for Ipswich so gonna give this a go. Sounds like v2 is better for lower teams so I'll try that and let you know how I get on.

Any recommendations beforehand ie bargain players that play well in this formation?

cheers mate

I don't really play lower league that often (even championship) so i'm not too sure about players who you could buy except possibly Mascio although if you could get Anichebe or that sort of player on loan then he should fit into the tactic well as a powerful striker with decent pace :thup:

i'm starting to conceded a few goals using this now which is abit of a nitemare not sure why this is happening at all i'm gonna knock the "play offside" off cos i've noticed that the defencive line is really deep, so i'm not sure why play offside aswell

i'm gonna try it see what happens

i'm starting to conceded a few goals using this now which is abit of a nitemare not sure why this is happening at all i'm gonna knock the "play offside" off cos i've noticed that the defencive line is really deep, so i'm not sure why play offside aswell

i'm gonna try it see what happens

ok mate, could you tell us how you get on with this?

Archived