Coloured hearts & arrows for condition

Why is SI still percevering with the coloured hearts & arrows with regards to players condition on the PC version? It all seems a bit mobile phone & console icons to me.

I employ at least one or two, professional fitness coaches for my teams when I play a game. Not to mention my Ass Man. Good money for very qualified professionals. Yet, after a player is injured and I want to know how far away he is from being match fit, I'm faced with an amber love heart!?

IRL, I'd probably say to my staff, "So how far away is Kev from being match fit?" They'd probably say, "He's about 80% away, boss." Not, "He's half an amber heart away...' 

Who talks like that? In normal conversation we talk in percentages! 

Sports science & fitness has come along way, so has FM. So to have a coloured symbol for fitness & condition in game, is extremely frustrating, unhelpful & imo unrealistic.

If I remember correctly, this was changed specifically to match what happens in real life after suggestions by coaches and staff. No one uses percentages apparently. Also, I think there's skins around that change this if you really don't like it.

There's no distinguishing, even for the best staff, between X being at 83% and 84% but the game needs such a number in the background to function. Many players would often form an arbitrary rule about what % was required to play a game when that wasn't the intention of the system at all, and it didn't reflect the reality of the situation. 

It now acts as a more vague guide which I feel probably does better reflect the reality that even the best medical teams cannot put precise values on a players condition from day to day and it's a broader level indicator of where players are at. 

It is one of the few areas where the game has moved away from precise values and some players do struggle with that, but in many cases the fact we had such precise values in the first place was the unrealistic part. 

18 hours ago, santy001 said:

There's no distinguishing, even for the best staff, between X being at 83% and 84% but the game needs such a number in the background to function. Many players would often form an arbitrary rule about what % was required to play a game when that wasn't the intention of the system at all, and it didn't reflect the reality of the situation. 

It now acts as a more vague guide which I feel probably does better reflect the reality that even the best medical teams cannot put precise values on a players condition from day to day and it's a broader level indicator of where players are at. 

It is one of the few areas where the game has moved away from precise values and some players do struggle with that, but in many cases the fact we had such precise values in the first place was the unrealistic part. 

You make some valid points & I agree to a certain extent. However, if I'm paying two fitness coaches, a head sports scientist, two sports scientists & 5 physios a few grand a week, I expect a bit more than a discoloured heart & arrow symbol when it comes to knowing how far away a multimillion pound player is away from being fit. A 'vague guide' isn't good enough IMO. 

The problem is sometimes you can have a full green heart saying match fit or full green heart saying he is tired, sometimes they don’t differentiate between the two, so you have to keep hovering over the icon to find out.

Edited by d d
spelling

11 minutes ago, d d said:

The problem is sometimes you can have a full green heart saying match fit or full green heart saying he is tired, sometimes they don’t differentiate between the two, so you have to keep hovering over the icon to find out.

There is a very slight difference in the shade of green if the player is still tired, but it’s not easy to see even if your eyesight is good.

2 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:
3 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

There is a very slight difference in the shade of green if the player is still tired, but it’s not easy to see even if your eyesight is good.

Your absolutely correct. If there was  a way of making the shading greater it would be easier.

I am slightly colour blind, so colours mean nothing to me.

Coloured Hearts & arrows against a players name just looks so sega console rather than professional. 

11 minutes ago, eekaboo said:

I am slightly colour blind, so colours mean nothing to me.

Coloured Hearts & arrows against a players name just looks so sega console rather than professional. 

Did you look at the colour blind modes I mentioned in the other topic you posted in?

6 hours ago, eekaboo said:

You make some valid points & I agree to a certain extent. However, if I'm paying two fitness coaches, a head sports scientist, two sports scientists & 5 physios a few grand a week, I expect a bit more than a discoloured heart & arrow symbol when it comes to knowing how far away a multimillion pound player is away from being fit. A 'vague guide' isn't good enough IMO. 

You can hover over the heart and it gives you a lot more info