Crazy number of injuries!

Currently in 2030 on my save, having been with the same club throughout. Playing in the Premier League and, for the last 2 seasons, also in the Champions League. I am playing a high tempo system but have been for a number of years. Coaches and physios the best in the league.

Last season, with a similar squad, same tactics and same competitions, I had 6 injuries with a duration of 2 weeks or more through the entire season.

I am currently in February of the 2029/30 season and so far this season have had 21!

At one point all 3 of my goalkeepers were injured so I had to play a 17 year old on a youth contract in goal for a Champions League match. I had 9 first team players all injured at the same time earlier in the season. 2 torn calves (3 months out), a broken leg (3-4 months out). One of my goalkeepers has broken both his wrists. I’ve had 10 twisted ankles!!

Not sure if I’ve just been lucky in previous seasons and now am being unlucky. Or if it’s the high tempo tactic (although I’m not sure how that would lead to so many ankle injuries and my keepers breaking their wrists!)

Anyone else having similar issues?!?!

Your injury list is still not as bad as some clubs IRL. Losing all three keepers is unlucky, or maybe you are just training too hard.

Bear in mind that SI gave deliberately tuned injury rates DOWN vs real life, by about 25% IIRC. This is one reason players can get away with playing full-on high-tempo gegenpress all the time.

Many players use a realism mod which increases injuries.

Edited by NineCloudNine

If you haven't already, have a look in Training --> Rest and tweak the intensity your players train at depending on how fit they are.

This is easy to overlook, but can have quite a big difference. 

Also, if you've got players you want to play twice a week, either consider resting them from training, or make sure you're subbing them off nice and early in matches. 

15 hours ago, Gilbo88 said:

Currently in 2030 on my save, having been with the same club throughout. Playing in the Premier League and, for the last 2 seasons, also in the Champions League. I am playing a high tempo system but have been for a number of years. Coaches and physios the best in the league.

Last season, with a similar squad, same tactics and same competitions, I had 6 injuries with a duration of 2 weeks or more through the entire season.

I am currently in February of the 2029/30 season and so far this season have had 21!

At one point all 3 of my goalkeepers were injured so I had to play a 17 year old on a youth contract in goal for a Champions League match. I had 9 first team players all injured at the same time earlier in the season. 2 torn calves (3 months out), a broken leg (3-4 months out). One of my goalkeepers has broken both his wrists. I’ve had 10 twisted ankles!!

Not sure if I’ve just been lucky in previous seasons and now am being unlucky. Or if it’s the high tempo tactic (although I’m not sure how that would lead to so many ankle injuries and my keepers breaking their wrists!)

Anyone else having similar issues?!?!

Add "Injury risk," "Fatigue," and "match load" to your selection view and don't play player's in the red.

You'll likely need to do an overhaul of how you're rotating the squad and structuring your training schedules. You shouldn't be picking up too many serious injuries w/a good medical bench of physios at the club. 

I want that save. I have yet to have a season where injuries are so bad that I need to depend on a large number of academy players.

23 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

Your injury list is still not as bad as some clubs IRL. Losing all three keepers is unlucky, or maybe you are just training too hard.

Bear in mind that SI gave deliberately tuned injury rates DOWN vs real life, by about 25% IIRC. This is one reason players can get away with playing full-on high-tempo gegenpress all the time.

Many players use a realism mod which increases injuries.

The lack of injuries also has a huge impact on so many other parts of the game too. Like getting youngster gametime or rotating players. Similar to your AI transfer post of one player being bought but not playing at all. A lack of injuries is going to prevent natural rotation that, in my opinion, stabilises other parts of the game.

9 hours ago, Rashidi said:

I want that save. I have yet to have a season where injuries are so bad that I need to depend on a large number of academy players.

Same. Even with the added realism update. Always have 2-3 injuries maximum and often even zero. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Litmanen 10:

Same. Even with the added realism update. Always have 2-3 injuries maximum and often even zero. 

It depends how intensive your tactics and training is + if you're managing an amateur/semi-pro or professional team.

Amateur + semi-pro do have less injuries. There isn't much to change this.

Checking the injury-table of the league is always a good indicator. If you're having less compared to the whole league, you could push training intensity to help players developing quicker.