Still 2many injuries.

Its not the amount of players out thats the problem!!!!

Its the fact you have to sub 2 or 3 players every game because of knocks, you have to take them off before they become injured, you never get chance to make tactical substitutions. Obviously people suffering loads of injury's are not subbing players with knocks (like i say 2 or 3 a game) and then they get properly injured.

Its the problems with kncoks during the matches that need fixing. If a player drops below 80% its pretty much nailed on he'll get a knock. Making the game unplayable if you're playing 2 games a week.

I can't comment on that, as it hasn't been a problem for me at all.

I usually get about 0.75 knocks per game. Some games none, some games up to 3. I think this is realistic.

However the unrealistic part is you know if a player gets a slight knock you have 5-15 minutes to get him off the pitch or he will be seriously injured.

Because it was way too few injuries in FM08 compared to Real life. Todays gamers want easy mode. Hell todays games are easy at very hard setting, while the games in the 90's was very hard at normal setting. However todays gaming brats would throw a fit over the slightest challenge.

This may help some people, as it has helped me.

I bought the game via steam and had LOTS of injury problems - when I checked the preferences, the game said 9.1, so it had been updated.

HOWEVER...

I manually downloaded the patch and ran it. I was expecting it to say the game had already been patched, but it didn't and it installed.

After this the amount of injuries I suffer has dropped dramatically. It may just be a coincidence, but I don't think so.

This may help some people, as it has helped me.

I bought the game via steam and had LOTS of injury problems - when I checked the preferences, the game said 9.1, so it had been updated.

HOWEVER...

I manually downloaded the patch and ran it. I was expecting it to say the game had already been patched, but it didn't and it installed.

After this the amount of injuries I suffer has dropped dramatically. It may just be a coincidence, but I don't think so.

If others try it, then we will see:)

Because it was way too few injuries in FM08 compared to Real life. Todays gamers want easy mode. Hell todays games are easy at very hard setting, while the games in the 90's was very hard at normal setting. However todays gaming brats would throw a fit over the slightest challenge.

In my current game, there are 104 players with an injury, out of 14 teams. MLS teams are allowed rosters of 28 players, so out of 392 players in the league, 26% of them are on the injury list.

Is that realistic to you?

the fake inury forcing a sub bug is truly annoying but will be fixed in patch i'm sure.

in the mean time. having 2-6 of your 22 man squad injured at any one time is about right.

Scolari said that the scale of the club’s injury problems had forced him to appeal to the generosity of Roman Abramovich, the owner, after initially being content with his resources when he joined the club last summer. “At that time, I didn’t want more players than I had,” he said. “But I never thought about getting injuries every week. Two or three. Now, because I have many injuries, I say to the board that I maybe need one player.”

it isnt just scolari either: http://juventus.theoffside.com/team-news/the-bianconero-injury-crisis-continues.html

just as in real life: fortunately for us, we have a 'run to daddy and cry for more money' button. one that works anyway. :) if it doesnt work, tough. thats life - and football. you think ince doesnt want 30m right now? sure he does. Zola? sure he does. you? sure you do.

;)

the fake inury forcing a sub bug is truly annoying but will be fixed in patch i'm sure.

in the mean time. having 2-6 of your 22 man squad injured at any one time is about right.

it isnt just scolari either: http://juventus.theoffside.com/team-news/the-bianconero-injury-crisis-continues.html

just as in real life: fortunately for us, we have a 'run to daddy and cry for more money' button. one that works anyway. :) if it doesnt work, tough. thats life - and football. you think ince doesnt want 30m right now? sure he does. Zola? sure he does. you? sure you do.

;)

Look at the screen cap above...what's "about right" with the situation you see there, with four teams with 11 injuries, and 104 injuries around a 14 team league...an average of 7.5 injuries per team.

West Ham had 19 1st and reserve injuries at 1 point last season.. think they could say too many injuries, lets lower the stats next year?

Ok...ONE team....fine. A quarter of a league? Not f'ing likely. Also, a full EPL team and reserves is what? 40? 50 players? You can throw all the single case anecdotal evidence all you want, but you'll never come close to a real life anecdote that has 25% of an entire LEAGUE on the shelf with an injury.

hehe looks like I got mine. :rolleyes:

ouchnb9.jpg

7 long term injuries and I just lost my only remaining fit first choice players to the African Nations.

My biggest issue with this is how it effects my ability to meet the board expectations: they still expect me to win games.

I think there needs to be some auxilliary code to allow for an injury crisis. Could even have the chairman offer emergency transfer funds etc.

i have to agree. still way too many injuries.

Im currently managing a spanish top league club so i can only register 25 players per season.

Into my 2nd season and for the 3rd time in 1 season i can only name 3 subs due to majority of squad being injured.

I even got 5 players injured in 1 match at barcalona (exactly what u dont need when playing at nou camp)

ALso i have noticed that it doesnt matter how long my physios say the injured player will be out for, they will either be back sooner than stated or later.

So now pay no attention to physios

i have to agree. still way too many injuries.

Im currently managing a spanish top league club so i can only register 25 players per season.

Into my 2nd season and for the 3rd time in 1 season i can only name 3 subs due to majority of squad being injured.

I even got 5 players injured in 1 match at barcalona (exactly what u dont need when playing at nou camp)

ALso i have noticed that it doesnt matter how long my physios say the injured player will be out for, they will either be back sooner than stated or later.

So now pay no attention to physios

My record so far is 3 in one match. Its probably too high but in previous versions of FM its always been about right or less than real life. I'm sure it will be tweaked in the patch.

It's not the frequency of injuries for me, it is the distribution. My forwards are constantly getting injured, and attacking midfielders and wingers aren't far behind. In one week I lost my best forward to a torn calf muscle, which is a pretty rare injury. The next game I lost my best player, a winger, to the same injury. Both are now out 4-5 months. In that same game I lost my AMC to sprained ankle for a few months. So three major injuries in 2 games. All to attacking players.

My defensive players are almost never injured. The length of injuries also seems off. 4-8 weeks for a sprained ankle? For a severe sprain yes, but there are also sprained ankles that take a few days. Not to mention the infamous gashed leg...

Archived