FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Tomtuck- How did you get Ronaldo to perform so well for you? any chance you could post his individual settings or a screen shot of them as i'm having difficulty downloading your tactic.

I've had great success in my games, but have never been able to get Ronaldo to perform like that. He's usually an 15-20 goals a year player for me

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi my first post on this thread.

I am in my second season at the club and struggled in the first season finishing 4th in the league. So I thought I would need new players but I don't have a big budget, £13.88m.

So I need a few players so can you recommend good cheap players in second season. I have got the first patch I think

Buy some quality young players on compensation like:

Sankhare - PSG

Sakho - PSG

Aquino - Murcia

Fleck - Rangers

Saivet - Bordeaux

Wijnaldum - Feyenoord

Thiago - Barcalona

Galvan - Cruz Azul

Goldstein - B.Jerusalem

You can buy other good young players aswell, like:

Kroos - FC Bayern

Defour - Standard (this guy should even play a cover role in your first season)

A good recommendation is to get Bojan(Barcalona) on loan for the season. Buy his favored personnel and praise him monthly. This will increase your chances of a permanent deal in 2nd season. He does become class.

To fins these just search for them or their clubs in the search bar.

If you get these then that will be most of your budget, but you have a title winning team anyway, so don't worry.

Oh and those up there have been my transfers for my first season...

Okay,

after a lovely Benfica save, my Anderlecht save getting a bit boring and a miserable Derby game.

I have decided to finally have a go with my beloved Manchester United. I never really wanted to start as them because they don't have much work to do in the squad, but now that i ran out of ideas i just thought: Heck, why not?

Pre-season

I decided to go for a 4-1-2-2-1[/1], because of the strong defence the anchorman really tightens it all up at the back and the 2 wingers move into 3 striker roles when in attack.

A short passing system really is in its place with such a good squad and shouldn't prove any problems.

I moved Ritchie Jones to the first team, because i don't have alot of central midfielders. This is where i moved in for my first transfer. Alberto Zapater!

I'm also looking at a new AML, since i'm a bit tight on the wingers with only Nani, Ronaldo and Giggs.

A new FC, somekind of a target man. The Ruud Van Nistelrooy deadly assassin. And offcourse a new GK, Vander Sar really just isn't my kind of goalkeeper AND he's dutch...

Transfer Targets

GK: Sébastien Frey, Gomes, Mickaël Landreau, Roman Weidenfeller and Bogdan Lobont.

AML:Vicente, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Hatem Ben Arfa and Andrés D'allessandro.

FC: Adriano, Michael Owen, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, Malik Mouath Al-Hawasawi and Mario Gomez.

Other stuff

Anybody got a screenshot of Ben Foster, Possebon, Chris Eagles or Febian Brandy in the future? How good do they get?

I might also be looking at a new DC that can cover as a backup/rotation player with Vidic. Micah Richards would be lovely, but really hard to get. Pablo, Vincent Kompany and Christopher Samba spring to mind.

Maybe i'll even attract a great AMC to take over from Scholes as he's getting too old for my liking. (although i love him IRL). On my list have been: Guti, Raul Garcia, Diego(my fav), Juan Roman Riquelme, João Moutinho, Steven Defour and Pablo Piatti.

Any help and suggestions are appreciated and will be taken into consideration icon_biggrin.gif

~Vinny_out

Alrite, just started a new United game yesterday and going well sofar.

Heres my current squad i play a 4-1-2-2-1 formation with 1 defensive mid, 2 centre mids, 2 wingers and 1 forward.

van der saar

foster

neville

brown

vidic

barzagli

ferdinand

pique

evra

lescott

makoun

hargreaves

o'shea

moutinho

anderson

gibson

carrick

scholes

nani

giggs

ronaldo

rooney

rooney

benzema

tevez

nani plays on the left wing and he has 6 goals from 8 he has been on great form, ronnie has 4 in 10, benzema has been amazing scoring 8 in 8 and rooney has 3 in 4, he had a ban at the start of the season so he hasnt played as much as everyone else, benzema is keeping him out the team but with rooney i can still use him on the left or right wing to an effect.

were 1st in the prem after 8 games 1 point ahead of chelsea and 2 infront of arsenal and spurs. Lost only 1 away to arsenal won 6 and drew 1 away to reading.

I created my own tactic/instructions... i think its great when you know your own tactic instead of using someone else's, when things are going wrong you understand what needs changed and aslong as you really studdy the game your playing you can pick up what needs changed and for me this has been great. Valencia for example i read the scout report on them and used instructions which i best thought would work against them away. We were getting beat 1-0 at half time, had our half time team talk tweaked a few things. Second half we were pilling the pressure on but couldnt find the net then the subs came on, 1 of those benzema who got 2 goals in the last 15 to give us a deserved win.

A few months ago if i were getting beat id just up the tempo and attacking play to try get the win but by analysing whats going on and making nesecery changes gives you a great feeling when it pulls off.

I tried to sign silva from valencia but they rejected my 44mil offer so i cancelled, i wanted dani alves aswel but i cancelled again after my 36mil offer was rejected. so they will be end of season targets.

youth players in

etock

saivet

thiago

sakho

fleck

aaron ramsey

not sure, this is the 1st time ive signed benzema, i offered 7.5 mil plus 5.5 over 12months, 1mil after 1 country app, 20k per game for 10 games and 2.5mil after 10 league apps It got accepted and i offered him the contract.

Liam the main things that will drop in ronaldo's game are his physical stats e.i. pace... his technical and mental stats shouldnt really budge. You only really need to look at scholsey he has excellent stats but he can't make those bursts into the box as often as he used too. you could use him as a striker if he can't handle it out on the wing anymore.

hi... i've been managing man utd with some success, i've won every premier league from 2008-2011 and won the CL from 2008/2010 now i have a 120M budget to spend so i was wondering if anyone could help

here's my team

i hope you can help

yes but i also like to switch some of the players every match so i can play the ones with the better condition for example if messi is 92% and kroos is 98% i'll play kroos, at the end they both play good

Originally posted by Leandro Davide:

I am thinking of starting a Man Utd save, only problem is that I don't have a clue how to play (formations & tactics). I am used to play in Italy and I often play there mixed (litte bit to short) passing with a fast tempo. This works pretty good and have brought me soms major succeses. I have tried the same with Arsenal and Everton but this way of strategy does not seem to work in England as well as it did in Italy.

How should I play in England with Man Utd? Some advice would be aprreciated icon_smile.gif

you can try my tactic. I test it for 3 season. Score 140 goals

This is the link I posted in Tactic and Training tips.

It is custom made for Man Utd

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=2101905...882015104#5882015104

Here is the link to download the tactic. The file contain tactic, training package and some pic.

http://files.filefront.com/GX4+4+1+1rar/;10238150;/fileinfo.html

I sold Nani to Newcastle for £30m + 50% next sale. Just bought him back for £14m. And I get £7m back. So its an overall profit of £23m but I also had Aquino out on loan. I should have called him bak!!! Maybe could try selling Nani again after a season for £25m icon_smile.gif

This was quite a thriller!

I didn't have 1 shot on target after the red card as it nullified my midfield. Chelsea started a 4-2-3-1 bombing of my goal. I reverted my style from short passing to direct, quick & counter and had Carrick man mark Sheva. Seemed to have work as Vennegoor was in an open space between both Chelsea defenders.

This happened in the Community Shield too tbf. Vennegoor doesn't look quick with his stats, but he's pretty fast... I think Chelsea don't consider him a treath so they double mark my wingers leaving Vennegoor with an open slot to put the ball against the net.

I might report on my first season soon... although at the moment I am a bit pi**ed off. Knocked out of Champions League in 2nd Knockout. First round beat Chelsea 4-1. Go to Stanford Bridge for the 2nd leg and get hammered 5-0. I'm 1-0 down after 10mins and Drgoba gets injured... I cheer... then Pizzaro comes on and gets a 25min hat-trick... I almost cried. I go for it in the 2nd half but they manage to seal it with a late goal...

Knocked out in the 4th round of both domestic cups against Chelsea(LC) and Everton-Vaughen broke though my bombardment of there box and scored a 118th min goal(FA).

Before being knocked out of the Champions league I lose away to Arsenal 3-0 and draw with Newcastle at home 1-1. So now, 2 games left and Chelsea have practically sealed it. Although after I was knocked out I did fine 5 players 2 weeks wages for poor performances (they got 4s) and I murdered the opposition 3-0 in the next 2 games.

Shame really, was looking great in the first half of the season.

Picture1-2.png

Ronaldo off to quite a start to the '08-'09 season.

Brought in Benzema, Aguero, and Veloso in the transfer window. Unfortunately, the board accepted bids of $41M for Nani and $20M for Ben Foster. icon_frown.gif

I was hoping Foster would take over for Van Der Saar this year, but oh well. Now I have to find a top class goalkeeper.

End of first season

Pretty much done the review above

Notable Mentions

C Ronaldo - 11 Goals/40 Apps/7.47 Average Rating

R Ferdinand - 12 Goals/45 Apps/7.33 Average Rating

N Vidic - 5 Goals/38 Apps/7.24 Average Rating

C Tevez - 18 Goals/43 Apps/7.23 Average Rating

W Rooney - 17 Goals/50 Apps/7.16 Average Rating

Nani - 4 Goals/41 Apps/7.12 Average Rating

L Saha - 10 Goals/22 Apps/7.09 Average Rating

P Scholes - 5 Goals/35 Apps/7.03 Average Rating

Awards

Club

Fans Player of the Season: C Ronaldo

Premiership

Premiership Team of the Season : R Ferdinand - DC, O Hargreaves - DR, C Ronaldo - MR, W Rooney - MC, C Tevez - Bench.

Footballer of the Year: 2nd - C Ronaldo

Manager of the Year: 3rd - Me

Players' Player of the Year: 2nd - C Tevez

Players' Young Player of the Year: 2nd - Nani

European

Goalkeeper of the Year: 3rd - E Van der Sar

Defender of the Year: 1st - R Ferdinand

Champions League

Best Player: 3rd - C Tevez

Honors

Community Shield - Winners

League Cup - 4th Round

Premiership - 2nd(94 Points)

FA Cup - 4th Round

Champions League - Quarter Finals

So not the best of seasons, although it started brightly. I just seem to fall apart at the Bridge.

Full First Team Squad List (With a few reserves)

B Foster

T Kuszczak - Thinking of selling

E Van Der Sar

W Brown - Thinking of selling

G Neville - Reserves

J O'Shea

D Simpson

O Hargreaves

K Lee - Reserves, Thinking of selling

P Evra

M Silvestre - Sold

J Evans

R Ferdinand

N Vidic

G Pique

M Carrick - Thinking of selling

D Fletcher - Thinking of selling

D Gibson - Reserves, Thinking of selling

C Eagles - Listed, Reserves

Nani - Might Sell

P Ji-Sung - Listed, Reserves

C Ronaldo

R Giggs - Reserves

Anderson

S Defour

P Scholes

W Rooney

C Tevez - Might sell

F Campbell - Reserves, Thinking of selling

L Saha - Thinking of selling

Also have alot of good youth players (Aquiano, Kroos, Saviet, Sakho, Welbeck and many more).

I'm thinking of returning to a more traditional 4-4-2 next season, although I am considering a 4(DL,DC,DC,DR)-2(MC,MC)-3(AML,AMC,AMR)-1(FC) formation.

Now the fun part... I have £39million to spend and a maximum of £48million if I decide to adjust my budget.

I'm looking at:

Gauraduo - Deportivo

Zapater - Sevilla

Bojan on loan again... please Barca, be kind

Adriano - Inter

Jimenez - Inter

Dream signings but will probably cost too much:

De Rossi - Roma

Dani Alves - Sevilla

Silva - Valencia

Bojan - Barcalona

Richards - Man City

Aguero - At. Madrid

And a couple others

Who do you think I should look to sell???

Who do you think I should look to buy???

What do you think about formation???

Dont sell Carrick icon14.gif He's a brilliant passer, and can control the tempo of a game from CM or DM.

I've just entered January in the second season in my game, it's going okay atm, not great, but okay. I'm 2nd in the league, 7 points behind Chelsea, but I've still got to play them again, and so do Arsenal and Liverpool. Into the 4th round of the FA Cup, and I was knocked out of the League Cup 1-0 to Arsenal, but like last year I was playing my youths. Also, I'm into the next round of the CL, I forgot who I've drawn, but iirc they shouldnt be too hard to beat.

Targets for end of year:

- Retain Premiership

- Retain CL

- Make FA Cup Semi's at least.

also starting a new man utd game for a while \o/

have loaded belgium leagues (so i can see how my loans get on) and the major leagues, also planning on playing Hargreaves at right back and sign a proper DM (unless i put Carrick there)

I play with 2 CMs. One more attacking (Scholes/Anderson) and the other sitting back more.

Here i use Carrick in more open games, i.e at Home and against weaker opposition away. Then, Hargreaves in tight games away and a but more often in Europe. Especially if against a good AMC.

Tbh Carrick has never failed for me at tackling. He holds the midfield together on the defensive, then wins the ball, then plays it to Anderson who can move it upfield by either dribbling or playing a nice through ball to Rooney/Tevez. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Sparky_07:

I have only been given 12 million to spend need to buy a striker I think. Need to sell first

You don't really need a striker. Bojan on loan should be suffice if you play 2 up top. If not, put Ronaldo there

have played about 5 friendlies atm and the team seems to like the tactic atm, still feels the sqad lacks something, not too sure though, still have the 12M to spend

have spent a huge £1.6M on 15 players (mainly all youth) with £1.1M of that going on spanish talent Daniel Parejo, have sold Silvestre for 3M (as i have Sakho)

but because of the huge loan that sucks money out of the club i am a bit tentitive to splash out icon_frown.gif

I spent all my budget on youth. Pretty poor first season really. Given 39million budget for 2nd season and went from -19million to +66million in a month or two due to sponsorship, 2nd in Premiership prize money and TV money!!!

Don't worry about the debt. Act like its not there (Although, still be cautious)

Pre Season Friendlies Round Up Thought i would try somethign different in my updates

Vs Bury (a)

Score : 4-0

Scorers : Parejo, Vidic, Pique & Ronaldo

MOTM : Jim Provett (Bury Keeper)

Vs Séte (a)

Scorers : Carrick, Tévez & Bojan 2

MOTM : Bojan

Vs Toulouse (a)

Score : 3-0

Scorers : Tévez & Ronaldo 2

MOTM : Ronaldo

Vs Montpellier (a)

Score : 2-0

Scorers : Nani & Sakho

MOTM : Nani

Vs Antwerp (a)

Scorers : O'Shea, Ronaldo, Bojan and an Own Goal

Overall a good clean sheet based pre season with Chelsea to come, still looking for a CB and some older players to tutor my young stars (will release the crappy under 18s to allow my signings to play more)

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Pre Season Friendlies Round Up Thought i would try somethign different in my updates

Vs Bury (a)

Scorers : Parejo, Vidic, Pique & Ronaldo

MOTM : Jim Provett (Bury Keeper)

Vs Séte (a)

Scorers : Carrick, Tévez & Bojan 2

MOTM : Bojan

Vs Toulouse (a)

Score : 3-0

Scorers : Tévez & Ronaldo 2

Vs Montpellier (a)

Score : 2-0

Scorers : Nani & Sakho

MOTM : Nani

Vs Antwerp (a)

Scorers : O'Shea, Ronaldo, Bojan and an Own Goal

Overall a good clean sheet based pre season with Chelsea to come, still looking for a CB and some older players to tutor my young stars (will release the crappy under 18s to allow my signings to play more)

I can never get Bojan to come on loan. What did you have to offer Barcelona?

If you are looking for a centre back, then try Pique, Evans, Brown and Sahko before buying anyone else.

Breno is quality (though I don't think he can sign until January).

Veloso is also a great buy as he can cover midfield and defence. (costs about £6m though).

Couple of youth players you really should buy are Saviet and Baxter.

i just offered to pay all bojans wage for the season and installed a recall clause (but i have never seen any loan recall a player on loa in FM

about the DCs, Brown is a bit iffy for me and Evans is on loan at sunderland atm, Veloso is more expensive on the 8.0.2 patch i've found

Archived