The famous 3-1-6 shape

Sorry as I forgot that detail.

From right to left.

• SK (de)
  • WB (at)
  • BPD (co) - He's on cover to open up space on the right for the halfback
  • BPD (de)
  • CWB (su) - Complete Wingback due to Barco being a superb ball player with 19 vision and such
  • RDM is a HB
  • LDM is either Regista, DLP or RPM depending on player, I prefer to have a more dynamic playmaker like Enzo Fernandez here playing as a Regista and roaming for space
  • Both Wingers are Inverted Wingers on support with instructions to sit narrow, plus with Overlap TI they come inside to allow the wingbacks to occupy the wings on the line of 6
  • Attacking Midfielder is currently a Trequartista but any role will fit here, I use it to make the most of Neymar
  • Forward is Attacking Forward but again any role will do, you can even go with False 9 and swap the Att Mid to Shadow Striker

I think that's it. 

Oh and both centrebacks are encouraged to dribble more to make use of free space and drag defenders out of position.

Feel free to ask any questions :thup:

Edited by JIPI1

I've been testing a 433 which moves into the 316 shape, looking to try out something similar to what Girona is doing this year. You need the IWB to push further forward, tell the left footed, left sided BPD to stay wider. It's been working and playing a treat.

image.png.7f22d04d3306713b81a4bc7de3036126.png

2 hours ago, 04texag said:

I've been testing a 433 which moves into the 316 shape, looking to try out something similar to what Girona is doing this year. You need the IWB to push further forward, tell the left footed, left sided BPD to stay wider. It's been working and playing a treat.

image.png.7f22d04d3306713b81a4bc7de3036126.png

Why not use IFB(d) on right side? I find it's perfect for recreating 3-1-6 attacking shape. Unless you are not playing on FM24?

Edited by crusadertsar

4 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

Why not use IFB(d) on right side? I find it's perfect for recreating 3-1-6 attacking shape. Unless you are not playing on FM24?

I am playing on FM24, but I didn't want to be too limited when the ball is on the right flank. A true strict 316 would use the IFB like you mentioned. But then, I'd be wasting this amazing player who should be playing further up the pitch.

image.thumb.png.d02a4b341feecb658796caefa19f1d1a.png

10 hours ago, 04texag said:

Looks great, I've been doing a lot of research on Girona recently, they've been fantastic to watch. How does the RPM hold as the '1'? I've been thinking about using a HB with traits like that of a DLP to replicate Aleix Garcia to be the '1', with an IFB at right back. Occasionally, Blind at LCB does get quite far forward to underlap/overlap Salvio, so thinking the HB could be nice to drop in when that movement happens.

Just now, jc577 said:

Looks great, I've been doing a lot of research on Girona recently, they've been fantastic to watch. How does the RPM hold as the '1'? I've been thinking about using a HB with traits like that of a DLP to replicate Aleix Garcia to be the '1', with an IFB at right back. Occasionally, Blind at LCB does get quite far forward to underlap/overlap Salvio, so thinking the HB could be nice to drop in when that movement happens.

Those are all proper ideas. I think mine is a very loose idea as I’m trying to utilize my teams talents more than replicate. 

Aleix Garcia can roam a fair bit though and is the playmaker. HB on a previous fm would make sense but on this version he will drop too deep and be too much of a cb and less of a playmaker. Especially as you said you let the left CB dribble more and be progressive.