Player development in B-team (active)

Hi there,

Quick question:

My B-team is in a playable national league.

Will my youth prospects playing there, be considered playing 1st team football this way?
Or is it still beter to loan them out to actual 1st teams for the development. Even if this mean to loan to teams in the same league as my B-team.

Thank you  for your response.

4 hours ago, fraeyke said:

Hi there,

Quick question:

My B-team is in a playable national league.

Will my youth prospects playing there, be considered playing 1st team football this way?
Or is it still beter to loan them out to actual 1st teams for the development. Even if this mean to loan to teams in the same league as my B-team.

Thank you  for your response.

It depends on many factors. What level in pyramid the B team's league is. Whether it's a semi-pro or fully professional team? 

For example if it's 130th in world league standings and semi-pro them it's probably much better to loan them out or have them sub in for 1st team and get some game time that way.

I have the same question.

Playing with Volendam, currently on Netherland's first division, playing CL etc., and recently my B team started playing in Netherland's second division, which has 2,5 stars reputation. My facilities are 4,5 stars or better, all coaching areas with 4 or better, including the B team.

Are the games played for the B team enough for development as far as playing time goes?

Edited by Karmano42

7 minutes ago, Karmano42 said:

I have the same question.

Playing with Volendam, currently on Netherland's first division, playing CL etc., and recently my B team started playing in Netherland's second division, which has 2,5 stars reputation. My facilities are 4,5 stars or better, all coaching areas with 4 or better, including the B team.

Are the games played for the B team enough for development as far as playing time goes?

It's a fantastic way to develop your youngsters. The fact that they're playing in the second division of a country (number 38th in the world). This means the best talents play there when they're 17 or 18 y/o and then at 18/19 when playing time matters most their in the first team or another league to get playing time. 

When I'm managing Ajax, I use the following method:

• First year: Ajax U18
  • Second year: Jong Ajax (Netherlands second division)
  • Third year: Move to the first team, loan or sell. 

Maybe at Volendam, you want them to play for 2 years at your Jong team for development. In real life, most Jong Ajax players play between 40-60 Jong games before making the jump to the first team.

20 horas atrás, Brian disse:

It's a fantastic way to develop your youngsters. The fact that they're playing in the second division of a country (number 38th in the world). This means the best talents play there when they're 17 or 18 y/o and then at 18/19 when playing time matters most their in the first team or another league to get playing time. 

When I'm managing Ajax, I use the following method:

• First year: Ajax U18
  • Second year: Jong Ajax (Netherlands second division)
  • Third year: Move to the first team, loan or sell. 

Maybe at Volendam, you want them to play for 2 years at your Jong team for development. In real life, most Jong Ajax players play between 40-60 Jong games before making the jump to the first team.

Thanks! Great to have insight from someone on the same league system.

Would a B team that's semi-pro still be a good option for players to develop in, if it plays in good enough league? I was thinking of Austrian Sturm Graz whose B team is in Austria's 2nd division which actually is pretty decent and more prestigious than most other 2nd divisions in smaller European countries. I would be most worried about players training in semi-pro team but sometimes they can use the main club training facilities. Not sure if that's the case for Sturm Graz. 

Anyone had any experience with semi-pro B team?

Edited by crusadertsar

5 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

Would a B team that's semi-pro still be a good option for players to develop in, if it plays in good enough league? I was thinking of Austrian Sturm Graz whose B team is in Austria's 2nd division which actually is pretty decent and more prestigious than most other 2nd divisions in smaller European countries. I would be most worried about players training in semi-pro team but sometimes they can use the main club training facilities. Not sure if that's the case for Sturm Graz. 

Anyone had any experience with semi-pro B team?

Are you worried they use Semi-pro training schedule(2-3 times a week)? If so, take over the B team training to see if they have pro or semi-pro training.

Otherwise, can't you add players from youth/reserve teams to the first team training via an option in the training tab?

28 minutes ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

Are you worried they use Semi-pro training schedule(2-3 times a week)? If so, take over the B team training to see if they have pro or semi-pro training.

Otherwise, can't you add players from youth/reserve teams to the first team training via an option in the training tab?

Yeah I am worried about 2 day per week training. And unfortunately cannot take over this team as they are greyed out in team selection screen. 

Just now, crusadertsar said:

Yeah I am worried about 2 day per week training. And unfortunately cannot take over this team as they are greyed out in team selection screen. 

Is the B-team greyed out or First team? Because if you pick the first team, Staff>Responsibilities>Training it should be an option to take over training for the B-team. And then a new sidebar icon should show up(B-team), if you press that it should be a tab that says training where I think you can decide training schedule whoch would show if it is Pro or Semi schedules

This is how it works for normal B-Team/Reserve/Youth etc maybe it is different this time for some reason

7 minutes ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

Is the B-team greyed out or First team? Because if you pick the first team, Staff>Responsibilities>Training it should be an option to take over training for the B-team. And then a new sidebar icon should show up(B-team), if you press that it should be a tab that says training where I think you can decide training schedule whoch would show if it is Pro or Semi schedules

This is how it works for normal B-Team/Reserve/Youth etc maybe it is different this time for some reason

Great! Will check it out. But have a feeling it's probably semi-pro training 

1 hour ago, crusadertsar said:

Great! Will check it out. But have a feeling it's probably semi-pro training 

1. Is Sturm Graz II relegated? that might be why because I was able to pick them at the start of the game.

2. They only train 2 times a week BUT they can gain Pro status but unsure if you as the main club can influence that(you can ask the board to turn pro as II)

19 minutes ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

1. Is Sturm Graz II relegated? that might be why because I was able to pick them at the start of the game.

2. They only train 2 times a week BUT they can gain Pro status but unsure if you as the main club can influence that(you can ask the board to turn pro as II)

I think it's because some B teams are not playable even if they are in playable league. There are others like that but i forget which ones. I wish you could influence that as a parent club.

I'll have to open up my save and check. I might be wrong about them not being playable.

Edited by crusadertsar

49 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

I think it's because some B teams are not playable even if they are in playable league. There are others like that but i forget which ones. I wish you could influence that as a parent club.

Yeah I know what you mean. I am also uncertain what influences  the playability of teams. Maybe if they are set as an U__ team. Don't know if you can play as JuveU23 but in the PGE I am certain they are set as Reserve team. Can't check the PGE now, but will tomorrow(if I remeber which is not close to certain haha)

Yeah, I would say using IGE(or perhaps some other source...) wouldn't count as cheating if you have millions in the bank that just keeps growing and growing. But I use the IGE for cheating as well so maybe my morals are just f'd lol

11 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

I'll have to open up my save and check. I might be wrong about them not being playable.

Just a quick look.

1. The Jong teams can't be managed. I know there is a rule in the PGE that has 'Jong' option, but they are set as B team in the club PGE screen. So it must be a national Rule

2. Finnish teams can't be managed. The team I looked at has Reserve team as club type. I changed it real quick in the PGE to a B team and it did not work.

3. Norway can't be changed but I could not be bothered to do a new DB for it.

4. Juvetus U23(Why are they still called Zebre?) can't be managed.

So my theories are:

1. They have some sort of Nation Rule that makes it so they can't be managed.

2. They are created via Reserve Teams instead of having their own Club Page(in the PGE)

Skrmbild2023-12-07120003.thumb.png.c6980b9c65f494cde7d4c04bdc9b70a6.png