The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stargate:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stargate:

Name more than 3 of our youth squad who could potentially break into the first team? I cant? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And there we have it, the very reason we're dismissing your opinion as meaningless icon14.gif

Rossi, Pique, Jones, Evans, Spector, Bardsley, Martin btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only members of the youth team that I "rate" are pique, rossi, spector, I think the others need more time before we can say for certainty that they WILL play for the first team one day. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bardsley has looked pretty good from his first-team appearances. Looks comfortable and solid.

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Name more than 3 of our youth squad who could potentially break into the first team? I cant? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And there we have it, the very reason we're dismissing your opinion as meaningless icon14.gif

The only members of the youth team that I "rate" are pique, rossi, spector, I think the others need more time before we can say for certainty that they WILL play for the first team one day. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did i imagine Bardsley playing for us this season in some very big games then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you think he's really that good? I'm a little undecided.... not sure if he's that good.... he's definately premiership quality, but for a top 2 team? I'm unsure....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Oh and what youth team are you on about? Because last time i checked, we didnt have a youth team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seniors

Reserves

Academy

Those are our sides, sure, technically the Academy side is a youth side in all but name, but there is no youth team to speak of, not like there was a few years ago, mainly ebcause the FA wanted rid of the way things worked back then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We still have a sort of schoolboy team, which the likes of Brandy, Zieler and the other first year academy players played in last season.

Did i imagine Bardsley playing for us this season in some very big games then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you think he's really that good? I'm a little undecided.... not sure if he's that good.... he's definately premiership quality, but for a top 2 team? I'm unsure.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So now you expect all the players breaking through from the youth setup to be IMMEDIATELY world-class.

No pressure on them then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Do you think he's really that good? I'm a little undecided.... not sure if he's that good.... he's definately premiership quality, but for a top 2 team? I'm unsure.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So now you expect all the players breaking through from the youth setup to be IMMEDIATELY world-class.

No pressure on them then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont mean that! icon_biggrin.gif

I mean, I'm unsure if he has the potential to get even better.

Whether he's top two quality or not, he's played for the first team regularly this season, sure because of injury, but still, you said you didnt think they would play for the first team, he has, you're wrong, now kindly feck off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Bardsley has been superb so far, hasn't let us down once.

I hear the 606 board calling my name, i'm going on there icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, bye bye then! icon_smile.gif *waves*

Whether he's top two quality or not, he's played for the first team regularly this season, sure because of injury, but still, you said you didnt think they would play for the first team, he has, you're wrong, now kindly feck off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cut the abuse ffs!!! angryfire.gif

Stargate, you seem happy to sl­ag off Fergie's purchases, and you seem to know what will make us better. So how about giving us names of the players you'd like us to bring in, without having Chelseas money. This should be fun. Feel free to add your "youth who can be trained up!!!" players also.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I hear the 606 board calling my name, i'm going on there icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, bye bye then! icon_smile.gif *waves* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martin getting pwned!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I think we should buy that Brazillian kid that there were videos all over the net of a few months back. He'd be ace for us, even if he is 9. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can train him up icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I think we should buy that Brazillian kid that there were videos all over the net of a few months back. He'd be ace for us, even if he is 9. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can train him up icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruud can groom him icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eastwood:

Stargate, you seem happy to sl­ag off Fergie's purchases, and you seem to know what will make us better. So how about giving us names of the players you'd like us to bring in, without having Chelseas money. This should be fun. Feel free to add your "youth who can be trained up!!!" players also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont pretend to have all the answers, I, like everyone can identify a weakness, but i'm not arrogant enough to think I know exactly how to fix Utd's problems!

If I had that kind of in depth knowledge, i'd be a real life football manager and not an fm one!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eastwood:

Stargate, you seem happy to sl­ag off Fergie's purchases, and you seem to know what will make us better. So how about giving us names of the players you'd like us to bring in, without having Chelseas money. This should be fun. Feel free to add your "youth who can be trained up!!!" players also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont pretend to have all the answers, I, like everyone can identify a weakness, but i'm not arrogant enough to think I know exactly how to fix Utd's problems!

If I had that kind of in depth knowledge, i'd be a real life football manager and not an fm one! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

furiously mongy?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Ok, bye bye then! icon_smile.gif *waves* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martin getting pwned!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I give up, I really do I meant CALLING HIS NAME.

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ruud can groom him icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that grooming malarky sounds so wrong icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

that grooming malarky sounds so wrong icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christ man, why the hell do you think i posted that? icon_biggrin.gif

If I had that kind of in depth knowledge, i'd be a real life football manager and not an fm one! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well don't act like it's easy feat for any person with a budget of about £15m-£20m to bring in a backup striker, a centre back, a youth centre back to be trained up, a youth lb to be trained up, a youth right back to be trained up, a youth ml to be trained up, a dm, a youth dm to be trained up. an attacking amc, an attacking amc to be trained up, a mr, and a youth to be trained up for mr.

All have to be worldclass or potential world class. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

that grooming malarky sounds so wrong icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christ man, why the hell do you think i posted that? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry in one of those pervy moods today

Well don't act like it's easy feat for any person with a budget of about £15m-£20m to bring in a backup striker, a centre back, a youth centre back to be trained up, a youth lb to be trained up, a youth right back to be trained up, a youth ml to be trained up, a dm, a youth dm to be trained up. an attacking amc, an attacking amc to be trained up, a mr, and a youth to be trained up for mr.

All have to be worldclass or potential world class. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt say it was easy, thats what i'd like to see happen though icon_smile.gif

Just my opinion icon_smile.gif

If Ferguson had all the answers we'd have won every single trophy every season.

Do you think any other manager coming into the job is going to have all the answers?

It's perfectly fine to say you feel Ferguson should go, but without suggesting a viable alternative with a well thought out and well constructed argument, you make yourself look like a tit. Even if your opinions were misguided with the argument you put forward, at least you wouldnt look like a total tit.

Its perfectly fine to suggest players arent good enough anymore, but it's another thing to say we should get rid of them and replace them with two players without actually putting names forward for who you feel would be good replacements.

Why not try being a little bit more constructive in your criticism of the club and what you feel is wrong with it? Otherwise your posts end up being things that only deserve to appear in such places like the Sun or Football365.

I'd like Elisha Cuthbert to have my c*ck in her mouth whilst Cheryl Tweedy was sitting on my face.

Just my opinion icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pah replace elisha with Eliza Dushku and cheryl with Daniela Hantuchova ands i'd agree icon_wink.gif

When you grow up a bit, then talk to me, I came her to express my opinions, nothing more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but your opinions make less sense than Taz on Fletcher/Silvestre ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Says he who thinks JOS is good icon14.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rich coming from the guy who thinks Girls Aloud are aewsome icon_wink.gif

And JOS was brill angryfire.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lay off Silvestre. And that goes for Keyser too. icon_mad.gif

That said would be lovely if we could sign a top player to go with Rio. Even a Carragher who plays his heart out every week and will throw himself in front of a train to stop it going into the goal.

When you grow up a bit, then talk to me, I came her to express my opinions, nothing more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but your opinions make less sense than Taz on Fletcher/Silvestre ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That said would be lovely if we could sign a top player to go with Rio. Even a Carragher who plays his heart out every week and will throw himself in front of a train to stop it going into the goal.

I thought the user hopping bug was back then PJ icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even if it was, you two are interchangable enough that we wouldn't notice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, thank god there's only one of you, you welsh c*nt.

And i'd just like to say we have needed a Park for a while now. A direct, pacey winger to compete with and offer back up for Giggs and Ronaldo.

The lad has impressed me since he came. I thought he was very poor pre season but once the real stuff started he stepped up to the plate and started swinging.

I like Kimberley she's my <3. Anyone for the ginger-come-brown one then? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I certainly wouldn't say no.

I like Kimberley she's my <3. Anyone for the ginger-come-brown one then? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me Nicola is the best by a mile

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

That said would be lovely if we could sign a top player to go with Rio. Even a Carragher who plays his heart out every week and will throw himself in front of a train to stop it going into the goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taz almost as daft as Stargate.

Silvestre is rubbish

Lay off Silvestre? NO, he's a bloody liability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O'Shea is a liability, Silvestre just needs pushing out to left back while he is lacking confidence and Brown to come in and boss the box.

Silvestre is rubbish </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silvestre is not rubbish. Yes he isnt close to being or ever going to be a Rio Ferdinand and yes he is going through a bad spell but he isnt a rubbish player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Lay off Silvestre? NO, he's a bloody liability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O'Shea is a liability, Silvestre just needs pushing out to left back while he is lacking confidence and Brown to come in and boss the box. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm last time Silvestre played left back he whinged he wasn't in the middle so no fecking way is the useless french twerp going to left back

Anyway enough with the squabbling, here's our Ass Manager.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> But Queiroz said: "We're disappointed but we are still in a position to fight for three major trophies.

"I feel we've reasons which make us confident by the end of the season this will still have been a great one."

Queiroz is happy with United's form and feels there is a determination to emerge from their turmoil and put things right on the domestic front.

It will only be at the end of the season when you will be able to judge whether we have been successful

Man Utd assistant coach Carlos Queiroz

He said: "We're performing well, the team is progressing and we trust the quality of our preparation.

"This is not a time for talking or finding explanations or excuses. Now it is time to move forward and deliver.

"I feel we have reasons which make us confident that by the end of the season this will still have been a great one for us.

"You cannot be a professional or a champion in football and only be ready to face the beautiful moments.

"You have to be ready to rebound from these bad moments, accept the criticism and learn from it. I'm convinced some of the rubbish being said about us will only make us stronger.

"It will only be at the end of the season when you will be able to judge whether Manchester United have been successful or not."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've got bigger problems than Silvestre though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah, like I said a few pages back, considering how bunk Silv is our defense isnt that big a problem. Its the lack of a midfield we need to fix.

Archived