Manager Reputation

Sorry if this has been spoken about, I had a quick search but no avail.

Okay, i started off the game as sunday league footballer with no coaching badges as manager of Leverkusen, have completed my mini in game challenge that i wanted to do, win the league and the champs league and then resign.

5 seasons in, i won 2 bundesligas and finally the CL. Have just resigned, I cannot get a job anywhere? every club i register interest in laugh me off, french division 2 sides, Belgian sides. 

My manager rep is still 2 stars, and i am still an unknown.

I have completed 5 seasons at a top team, won the CL and 2 x bundesligas, you would think i could get a job somewhere? I am not expecting to get a top job, but i am being dismissed for Caen, Antwerp, Rotherham, Celta. I haven't even managed to bag an interview yet - just that my application is unsuccessful.

I am not sure if this is a bug so not reported but just wondered why my rep is so low after those achievements and why I cant get a job! Appreciate my stats are low, but a champions league win I would think would be enough?

Anyone having similar issues, I am not sure what to do as this has totally killed my game right now.

image.png.ec89a2878c036e8451ee743128fd7682.png

image.thumb.png.b7a207dda913d7a977b91136f489e0b6.png

I have been playing journeyman saves for years, so I can say that it is related to coach license. You should take a license to get rep. As you can see, my profile also has two-star reputation, despite of my limited job history, only Turkish second and third division. The only difference license.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by FearMaster

In real life higher leagues will generally require you to have at least a basic license, so I think this is what is blocking you from getting a job as from the looks of it you only have relatively high leagues selected.

That your club will often refuse giving you any coaching certificates is absolutely ridiculous and honestly considering how much money you make we should just be able to to do it on our own dime (make salary useful for one single thing! :D).

There should be a feature that prevents you from getting completely locked out of getting a job though, so I guess for now your best bet is to just holiday indefinitely while automatically applying to every free job and hope something happens. If nothing happens I'd honestly file a bug report, because that'd mean the failsafe broke.

Well, update, i managed to get a job in the Belgian second division as Zulte Waregem who are willing to give me my C licence. 

Has slightly killed the game for me after putting in 5 solid seasons and alot of hard work.

I wasn't expecting to be able get a top top job, but i thought i could get a top half of a top league job with my titles and CL win. I want to win the top league and CL in each of my loaded leagues, so now the plan is to get Zulte promoted, get my badges and try to win the Belgian league with them. 10 year CL plan, we will see how it goes!

Do agree though, should be a potential feature - i dont understand why I couldnt start coaching badges while unemployed.

Leverkusen have a lot to answer for, the quote each time. " we are selfish and giving you coaching badges would mean larger clubs would be interested"! now it does make sense!

Honestly if you are starting at a top league there is no need to not start with badges. 

Typically that is for journeyman play style and in that situation you are starting in extreme lows of the world. 

So yeah it's probably not logic built into Fm managing a top tier team with no badges being successful but never getting a badge then what.

So not a bug but certainly a missed opportunity of FM. 

Even if I start in a low tier in a low league but not a journeyman man save I just click the box that give me what ever badges are recommended for that level.