Can't set individual training in reserve team

Seen a couple mention this. I'm managing Hertha Berlin myself and those in the second team I can't set their individual training even though there is an option for the manager or assistant to do the task. This could be done in last year's version.

Is this deliberate or in error? It would affect my ability to develop youngsters as I see fit without throwing everyone into the first team and setting them to play in the reserves.

1 hour ago, Dan Sheppard said:

This has been raised elsewhere and unfortunately, the only way to manage reserves training this year is by promoting them to the Senior squad and then marking them as available for reserves.

Can't it be reverted to how it was before????

15 minutes ago, Dan Sheppard said:

We are going to put this under review but it's unlikely this will be reverted for FM24.

Dang, I'm pretty confident this should be one of your high priorities for this cycle.

Not trying to be messy nor create conflicts but youth development is a huge part of every game you guys have (Mobile/Touch/Console/PC), it's fair to say the Console/Touch part has been quite neglected about this these past years. I have better reserve/youth development at my club if I fire up the Mobile version. I know this is not a comparison nor should I be comparing two completely different worlds, but youth will be highly neglected at our club unless our squad page has 40 or 45 people, this is not a good experience as there are people playing in smaller devices like phones.

Tactics and training on reserves/b teams is huge for us and is huge for any club in real life as well :( 

We have a true diamond in a rough let's make it worth it shall we?

1 hour ago, João14 said:

Dang, I'm pretty confident this should be one of your high priorities for this cycle.

Not trying to be messy nor create conflicts but youth development is a huge part of every game you guys have (Mobile/Touch/Console/PC), it's fair to say the Console/Touch part has been quite neglected about this these past years. I have better reserve/youth development at my club if I fire up the Mobile version. I know this is not a comparison nor should I be comparing two completely different worlds, but youth will be highly neglected at our club unless our squad page has 40 or 45 people, this is not a good experience as there are people playing in smaller devices like phones.

Tactics and training on reserves/b teams is huge for us and is huge for any club in real life as well :( 

We have a true diamond in a rough let's make it worth it shall we?

I appreciate it isn't ideal in its current form but training can still be done, just with a bit of additional management of squads.

I don't want to say something will be done when realistically I know it's unlikely hence the previous message.

Isn't ideal is quite the understatement, It's more than that, for me at least, sadly means most saves, and by many most mean quite normal ones, simply won't be manageable

It's a fundamental part of the game, or was, and still should be in same guise as was before, it's a ridiculous thing to have changed or not to have noticed might not be ideal for many players

Whilst waiting for word on this I did a little mess around on a Canadian Prem save, after 2nd intake my first team squad just felt all over place and unmanageable (am telling porkies to be kind, was after 1st one), don't want to even think bout how things will end up at bigger clubs

Played loads on console last year and was hoping to do the same this but honestly find it hard to imagine, unless just do short saves or challenges, which makes me sad

Edited by berrysi

• 2 months later...

Love this game - been playing since Champ 92/93 on the Amiga. Transitioned to console version from PC few years back.

But gosh who made this decision... seriously?  Hard to imagine how someone thought this would be a good QOL/User Experience feature?

Yes, can work around it, but others have mentioned, who wants to have likely 40/50/60+ players to scroll through in their 1st team squad players list... just to accommodate this feature? Its a little more awkward using controller than mouse/keyboard as it is.

Come on guys this has to be reverted ASAP, otherwise most definitely for FM25 :)

Off topic a bit, but I was messing around with customise views. There are a few training options that you can't see from the squad page by default.

So created a custom view with training for positional, individual etc etc, all on the same screen. As long as you have player name and position you should know who is who if managing in the lower leagues.

Might also speed up setting individual training because currently (training tab>individual) I have to click through each member of first team squad, set training, next player etc. If all players are on the same screen, sorts that issue out.

Still doesn't sort out moving players between squads.

Without a mass player select option (I run on xbox series s with mouse and keyboard - irony sold separately), I can select about 5 players max before my selection gets reset (could be the mouse is on the way out :D). Then right click and move them to first team squad.

On 30/01/2024 at 08:59, The phoenix from the flames said:

Off topic a bit, but I was messing around with customise views. There are a few training options that you can't see from the squad page by default.

So created a custom view with training for positional, individual etc etc, all on the same screen. As long as you have player name and position you should know who is who if managing in the lower leagues.

Might also speed up setting individual training because currently (training tab>individual) I have to click through each member of first team squad, set training, next player etc. If all players are on the same screen, sorts that issue out.

Still doesn't sort out moving players between squads.

Without a mass player select option (I run on xbox series s with mouse and keyboard - irony sold separately), I can select about 5 players max before my selection gets reset (could be the mouse is on the way out :D). Then right click and move them to first team squad.

Here you go.

776e0a85-3b92-47f7-91ac-9e4f2ac49905.png

• 3 weeks later...

In my current save I was able to do this for 3 seasons at Deportivo, and it was removed at the beginning of the fourth season. Seems a strange decision to remove it mid-save. Why not from day 1 of a save? Why remove it at all?

On 15/11/2023 at 00:17, Dan Sheppard said:

This has been raised elsewhere and unfortunately, the only way to manage reserves training this year is by promoting them to the Senior squad and then marking them as available for reserves.

Sheffield United_ Training.png

Hertha BSC_ Training.png

Edited by sheeshy
added Hertha screenshot